• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sento

Nov 1, 2017
img_20220629_144604_788_adwb.jpg

img_20220629_144608_313_xztf.jpg

Kutaragi

Sep 3, 2020
ITALY
I've come to the conclusion lately that I do not like actually playing new videogames on the latest consoles and that I'm completely satisfied with only Genshin Impact, it's literally everything I've wanted ever since I met BotW. I might end up skipping games and ending up spending with primogens for my monthly gaming budget, and it's completely okay to do so. I really enjoy this game goddamn, probably my favorite of all time.

Same here.
Not my all time favorite, but it's in the top ten.
Sure my most played game ever (+750hrs).

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
I like Thighnari's design.
I hate Dori's design. (Looks like Diona and I hate Diona's design as well).
Ambivalent towards Collei's design. It looks fine in principle but something about it feels off, though I can't put my finger on it. Have to see it in-game. Edit: Saw her in-game model and I like it.

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I've entered some bizarro world where for like the first time ever I actually hate the male design but really like both of the female ones. I'm kinda in shock??? Like wth?? lol

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Well, so far 3 sumeru characters and not one with a slight tan, let alone a darker complexion

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Someone on Reddit did have a very hopium based theory that the characters from the rainforest area will be light skinned, while the characters from the desert will darked skinned. I have no belief that that will be case, but it would be a nice touch if so.

Either way, I can live with Collei's design. Nothing particularly stands out about it, but I don't think there's anything wrong with it either. Rn she's the hero I'm interested in based on the prior kit leaks.
Gonna be stuck with exactly two brown characters till the servers are shut off, huh?
You expected more? I'm shocked we got 2 lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda don't like Tighnari's design and I don't mind the girls' designs... If those are all we are getting in 3.0 I am perfectly fine keeping on saving my primogems/wishes. Which is kinda sad for a completely new region, but at the same time also great. ;)

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
And with rumours that the archon is a child... ho boy. Gonna be a long region. :P

In all seriousness, these aren't to my taste and to my massive surprise, I vastly prefer the bloke. But I'm sure these designs will hit the spot for some.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Thoughts on leak

I can't tell where Tighnari's splash screen starts and his supposed big fluffy tail ends. It's almost hard to tell if he actually has one. I don't love him as much as I hoped I would.

Dori is eh but I like Collei's new design

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda don't like Tighnari's design and I don't mind the girls' designs... If those are all we are getting in 3.0 I am perfectly fine keeping on saving my primogems/wishes. Which is kinda sad for a completely new region, but at the same time also great. ;)
In terms of new gacha characters sure, but we'll also see another few upcoming gacha characters immediately who will likely be on banners in quick succession (quicker than you can save at least), so maybe you'll like the others more!
We got to see 9 Inazuma gacha characters with the 2.0 release.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Sumeru will be accessible without having progressed in the story that far. Could new players potentially travel all the way to Sumeru and get their character materials from there?
I had fun watching a new player travel all the way down to Liyue Harbour, they had nothing of the map unlocked, and getting lost on the way to find a specific material for a Liyue character that they pulled early. Imagine the same happening even farther into the unknown to Sumeru.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna be stuck with exactly two brown characters till the servers are shut off, huh?
Apparently, of the handful of leaked characters we got, we're getting at least 3 more in Sumeru, just not in 3.0. Something about all the NPCs and characters we've seen so far being from the rainforest, and having lighter skin, and once we get to the desert Egypt based area of Sumeru, we'll get more dark skinned characters.

If that's true and not copium, then I'll be remotely content. Sumeru is based on the Middle East, which has a mix of skin tones, so having 3 of the Sumeru native characters we've heard of so far having darker skin is promising at least. That's more that the 1 of Mondsandt (technically 0 as Kaeya isn't native there), 1 of Liyue, and 0 of Inazuma. Wish we started off with at least one, but whatever. Hope at least one of them is a 5*.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2019
Seattle
You expected more? I'm shocked we got 2 lol.
Not expecting a ton, but I thought they might occasionally drop a light tan character like Kaya at least.

I wonder if Sumeru will be accessible without having progressed in the story that far. Could new players potentially travel all the way to Sumeru and get their character materials from there?
I had fun watching a new player travel all the way down to Liyue Harbour, they had nothing of the map unlocked, and getting lost on the way to find a specific material for a Liyue character that they pulled early. Imagine the same happening even farther into the unknown to Sumeru.
They have to do something about this. Expecting new players to make their way through a couple hundred hours of quests before they can level the characters they pulled won't work.

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
teyvat clothing designers need to learn how to use measuring tape, stockings are never the same height

I love Diluc's new skin, wish it wasn't so expensive

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
If the Chasm is the only connection to Sumeru they will have to at least finish the Liyue main story and do the world quest to open it up.
Better than having to do Inazuma as well, but still a pretty big ask, lol.
Test runs give enough materials to do the first ascension (20/40), but by the time you have the Chasm unlocked (AR 28), you have Ascension 2 unlocked (40/50) which you won't be able to do anymore without regional mats and world boss drops, so with the current system it's impossible for chars from Sumeru to "keep up" with the ascension cap if you're a new player.

I'm massively curious about what they're going to do/if they're going to do anything, because it really is a major problem.

nss

Apr 10, 2018
Those leaked characters look … pretty bad. Especially Tighnari who just seems so busy, maybe in game will look better 🤷‍♂️.

The only leak that looks great is the Diluc skin, damn. Although I'm still part of the no-Diluc club and don't want to pay for skins, so 🫠.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
If the Chasm is the only connection to Sumeru they will have to at least finish the Liyue main story and do the world quest to open it up.
Better than having to do Inazuma as well, but still a pretty big ask, lol.
Test runs give enough materials to do the first ascension (20/40), but by the time you have the Chasm unlocked (AR 28), you have Ascension 2 unlocked (40/50) which you won't be able to do anymore without regional mats and world boss drops, so with the current system it's impossible for chars from Sumeru to "keep up" with the ascension cap if you're a new player.

I'm massively curious about what they're going to do/if they're going to do anything, because it really is a major problem.

I was recently running around in southern Liyue and there's like a wide valley opening up with a river and distant mountains that you can't access yet with Paimon holding you back. I have the feeling that will be the main entrance to Sumeru and not (or not only) through the Chasm.
Sumeru characters in Mond and Liyue were able to travel there before the Chasm opened up again, right? I don't think it is the only way in and out of the country.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, apparently this leak isn't from a beta according to the man himself UBatcha. Seems like Hoyo have an internal problem again.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
I was recently running around in southern Liyue and there's like a wide valley opening up with a river and distant mountains that you can't access yet with Paimon holding you back. I have the feeling that will be the main entrance to Sumeru and not (or not only) through the Chasm.
Sumeru characters in Mond and Liyue were able to travel there before the Chasm opened up again, right? I don't think it is the only way in and out of the country.
That would be better. Unless they couple word-bosses to world quests that require you to play certain archon quests. Although it will probably be fine for the initial batch, but it might become an issue again with new areas in subsequent patches (*cough* Enkanomiya *cough*).

Oh, apparently this leak isn't from a beta according to the man himself UBatcha. Seems like Hoyo have an internal problem again.
I smell another Leaker Hunt Decree incoming.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
finally fischl has an outfit that isn't complete trash

teyvat clothing designers need to learn how to use measuring tape, stockings are never the same height
These are my two main takeaways as well. This game seems to really love going back to the well of uneven legwear and I will never understand it.

I don't actively dislike any of the new character designs if those turn out to be accurate, but I can't say I'm necessarily a big fan either.
Is this genie-themed character supposed to be that rumored new "young girl" body type? The splash art makes her look too big to be the baby Qiqi-style but not quite tall enough for the middle teen/young woman rig we currently have either. Not really a fan if that turns out to be true.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Looks great.

Well crap. Time to my Diluc off the bench I guess. Well, if the price is decent.
Apparently it's 2480, 1980 with the discount. I don't think it's worth the extra cost, mostly because the skins were all overpriced to begin with, but it is arguably the best skin they've released so far (including the free ones).

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently, of the handful of leaked characters we got, we're getting at least 3 more in Sumeru, just not in 3.0. Something about all the NPCs and characters we've seen so far being from the rainforest, and having lighter skin, and once we get to the desert Egypt based area of Sumeru, we'll get more dark skinned characters.

If that's true and not copium, then I'll be remotely content. Sumeru is based on the Middle East, which has a mix of skin tones, so having 3 of the Sumeru native characters we've heard of so far having darker skin is promising at least. That's more that the 1 of Mondsandt (technically 0 as Kaeya isn't native there), 1 of Liyue, and 0 of Inazuma. Wish we started off with at least one, but whatever. Hope at least one of them is a 5*.

Why would people who live in a rainforest be white, lol. I don't think any peoples of the rainforest on earth are white.

The Jinn-themed Diona clone being white as a sheet is a pretty telling sign, if you ask me. We'll see a few tans but nothing like the diversity you can find in something like Dyslite.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is this genie-themed character supposed to be that rumored new "young girl" body type? The splash art makes her look too big to be the baby Qiqi-style but not quite tall enough for the middle teen/young woman rig we currently have either. Not really a fan if that turns out to be true.
No, you're thinking of the Dendro Archon. This girl is the same as Klee/Qiqi/Diona

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why would people who live in a rainforest be white, lol. I don't think any peoples of the rainforest on earth are white.

The Jinn-themed Diona clone being white as a sheet is a pretty telling sign, if you ask me. We'll see a few tans but nothing like the diversity you can find in something like Dyslite.
I don't know. It's not like I'm calling the shots at Mihoyo or anything. Maybe the logic is since it's a desert, you're more likely to be tan? Rainforest is covered from the sun by trees and most of the scholars stay indoors, so they're the Genshin default skin tone. Dumb logic, but from what we've seen of Natlan in the preview video and prequel manga, that might be what Mihoyo is actually going for.

It's not confirmed either way, just copium.

Status
Not open for further replies.