• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I can never agree with you guys on designs.

Me: Kazuha looks cool.
Y'all: He's Canadian Aether.

Me: I like Ayato's design.
Y'all: He's so generic.

Me: Yoimiya is cute.
Y'all: She's just Japanese Lumine.

I hate y'all lol. Every time I swear.

(This is all in jest before anyone takes it too seriously.)
3 codes
VTPU3CQWYCSD
AB7VJC9EGDAZ
WT7D3CQEHVBM
Appreciate you.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Got up late today. Is there anywhere I can watch a rerun of the live stream now aside from waiting til 11am for the YouTube premier?

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Eh I don't expect much from the male designs in this game. They all look same-y to me. Ayato looks fine. I'm more interested in how he plays!

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
How do both Historia Antiqua and Imperix Umbrosa get part II before Carmen Dei.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Ayato looks like he's stoned.

Also, 2nd day without Welking line to brighten up my day. I'm still going strong, but it gets better!

My Head of Operations called me out for a meeting today, her expression was kinda scary, so I'm thinking to myself, shiiiiit, did she find out it was me who put salami slice into her salad? (she's vegan) But it turns out, I'm getting promoted.🤯

Moral of the story? Fuck Welkin, and you gonna start winning LYFE.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So Zhongli's EN voice is amazing but it always sounds like the audio quality of it is worse than everyone else. Like the mixing on is weird. Am I crazy?

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
As I thought, I don't like Ayato's design. I really hope Varka is different because all these tall man characters look too similar design wise. Varka's supposed to be a muscle head like Cyrus so let's see if we'll get a new model or Varka will inexplicably lose weight.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
As I thought, I don't like Ayato's design. I really hope Varka is different because all these tall man characters look too similar design wise. Varka's supposed to be a muscle head like Cyrus so let's see if we'll get a new model or Varka will inexplicably lose weight.

Painted on abs like itto is the best you can hope for

Lady Catherine de Bourgh

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Ayato looks like he's stoned.

Also, 2nd day without Welking line to brighten up my day. I'm still going strong, but it gets better!

My Head of Operations called me out for a meeting today, her expression was kinda scary, so I'm thinking to myself, shiiiiit, did she find out it was me who put salami slice into her salad? (she's vegan) But it turns out, I'm getting promoted.🤯

Moral of the story? Fuck Welkin, and you gonna start winning LYFE.
Congrats! Great fortune.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Varka leak:

Varka the Great and Mighty, Defender of Mondstadt:

princess-knight-part-1-4-570x380.jpg

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I refuse to give up hope for buff Varka. They'll have to drag me out of denial kicking and screaming.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
If y'all want Varka to be buff he'll just be an NPC and not playable.
They'll have to make him playable at this point. Everything Mondstat revolves around the Knights of Favonius and he's the head honcho who left Jean in a position she wasn't ready to fill. We have to have a playable Varka, leader of Mondstat just as we have Ningguang who essentially leads Liyue. Why Mihoyo is so cheap that they only want 5 base models for playable characters in an open world game I don't know. Make Varka buff you cowards.

Last edited:

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to seeing Ayato's kit in action. Not quite sure what I think of Yae's kit. Doesn't really look that appealing to me personally.

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, this looks like a good patch. I've got 250 pulls saved for Yae!

Ayato looks pretty good to me, I'll probably pull for him if he turns out to be a Hydro carry

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020
I need this design as a skin for Raiden. With the horns and everything. Actually we should get Baal as her own separate Electro DPS sometime down the road.
Join the dark side.

I refuse to give up hope for buff Varka. They'll have to drag me out of denial kicking and screaming.
Varka will be the first male child model. Mark my words.

Me: I like Ayato's design.
Y'all: He's so generic.
Ayato looks beautiful.

But aside from Diluc and maybe Itto, all the tall male models follow otome game/shojo manga shorthand, though their personalities do not always match quite so well. For example, Zhongli's design is usually used for the older, most serious, and somewhat standoffish character. That is more like Diluc, while Zhongli is pretty friendly, if very formal. Tartaglia is usually used for the somewhat childish and close in age character, which describes his surface personality pretty well (not so much the battle lust).

Ayato looks like the softer, gentler character. That is a bit inconsistent with his reputation, which suggests he is a strong leader. Then again, Kokomi also has that kind of reputation, and she certainly does not have a stereotypical appearance to match. He may or may not have another side to him. If he does, it is probably something like Ayaka/Kokomi, where you get to see his vulnerable side.

Last edited:

Naha-

Feb 6, 2019
Huh, I didn't expect Ayato to go full otome game. I don't mind pretty guys, but at least make them super cool like Zhongli.

Seems like I'll rolling for Yae. Ayato feels like a easy skip for now, unless his gameplay it's fun or cool.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Today is the day that I successfully wished for my first 5 star character. I wanted to have a ganyu but I ended up with a keqing. I am not mad as it is perfect timing since I completed lantern rite and was convinced of her. Oh boy can't wait to feel the might of a 5 star character.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
But it turns out, I'm getting promoted.🤯
Eyyy, congrats man.
So Zhongli's EN voice is amazing but it always sounds like the audio quality of it is worse than everyone else. Like the mixing on is weird. Am I crazy?
It's not just his. Others have this issue too. The sound balancing has been off for a while. Probably because of WFH restrictions and stuff.
Join the dark side.

Varka will be the first male child model. Mark my words.

Ayato looks beautiful.

But aside from Diluc and maybe Itto, all the tall male models follow otome game/shojo manga shorthand, though their personalities do not always match quite so well. For example, Zhongli's design is usually used for the older, most serious, and somewhat standoffish character. That is more like Diluc, while Zhongli is pretty friendly, if very formal. Tartaglia is usually used for the somewhat childish and close in age character, which describes his surface personality pretty well (not so much the battle lust).

Ayato looks like the perfect prince design, which matches his reputation pretty well. He may or may not have another side to him. If he does, it is probably something like Ayaka/Kokomi, where you get to see his vulnerable side.
This is actually a pretty accurate analysis. It also explains why I like a number of the male designs haha.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Dunno, nothing about this patch stuck out to me.

I'll get a Raiden con if I win my 50:50 I guess, but definitely not touching grasscutter + donut weapon banner. That's just misery waiting to happen.

Ayato looks as I expected. If I fail the 50:50, I'll grab him.

Only thing I'm looking forward to is Raiden boss fight, god I hope it's not designed like Beisht or Signora.

Also we get to finally see how much of a shitshow the Husks will be with an official release! CN was already furious these things even exist, even with all of the nerfing.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
I will personally blame you if this happens. :p

...I hate that I can already hear some ridiculous explanation about him getting shrunk by Abyss magic or some shit. ;_;
That would be yet another instance of the "child character who's older than they look becuz reasons" trope that's infected anime...fingers crossed it doesn't come true.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think Varka will be an NPC but you sure as hell can expect him to look like Childe or Itto lol.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol since Kazuha's re-run is rumored to be in 2.6 or later now... I might just get a C3 Raiden for the memes. Why not. I'm almost at pity. I either get her or I fail my 50/50 so my first guranteed pull on Kazuha will be Kazuha. Then I'd just need 2 more.

Not interested in Yae or Ayato because I honestly can't be fucked to farm artifacts for another character. I already have Kazuha's set ready to go....

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017

Thanks!

Now I'll need to somehow not see my pay bump as a justification to start spending again. 👿

Jim2point0

Yae is a skip for me as well, still not sure about Ayato, if he's DPS, I have pretty amazing hydro artifacts from Childe farming, so that would be enticing to me. But if he's a support, probably skip as well. His design doesn't really resonate with me.

Oct 27, 2017
feeling this, what happened with heizo?

I don't know what that is, but if it is a grown woman, I am disappointed that she ain't in the game yet :(

I only care about some Gorou constellations out of all 4*, the pool of them is so bad... Same for the scam-banner, every second banner it is Rainslasher/Eye of Perception/Warbow/Sacrificial Bow.

Can we stop showing this junk? Legit 4*-tier has turned completely undesirable.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what that is, but if it is a grown woman, I am disappointed that she ain't in the game yet :(

I only care about some Gorou constellations out of all 4*, the pool of them is so bad... Same for the scam-banner, every second banner it is Rainslasher/Eye of Perception/Warbow/Sacrificial Bow.

Can we stop showing this junk? Legit 4*-tier has turned completely undesirable.
It's a man. Inazuman detective, electro vision, 4 star.
genshin-heizou-1.jpg

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
Damn woke up to all this news. Finally see what Ayato looks like. I... might pull for him. I need a Hydro dps. Still thinking about Yae and Raiden's C2. Will skip Kokomi again til Raiden has C2.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
Damn woke up to all this news. Finally see what Ayato looks like. I... might pull for him. I need a Hydro dps. Still thinking about Yae and Raiden's C2. Will skip Kokomi again til Raiden has C2.
Didn't you get both Zhongli and Ganyu? Have you finished farming artifacts and exp for those two? Cause if you haven't and now you want to potentially add 2 more characters on the pile...Don't do it lol.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Today is the day that I successfully wished for my first 5 star character. I wanted to have a ganyu but I ended up with a keqing. I am not mad as it is perfect timing since I completed lantern rite and was convinced of her. Oh boy can't wait to feel the might of a 5 star character.

Congratz! :D
Keqing is awesome and fun to play, don't listen to the haters.

genshin-impact-genshin-impact-keqing.gif

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Mihoyo more like Cheaphoyo. But yeah they seriously need more base models. I do see a lot of crying about Ayato not having long hair. The fan art must've driven people's expectations hard.

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't you get both Zhongli and Ganyu? Have you finished farming artifacts and exp for those two? Cause if you haven't and now you want to potentially add 2 more characters on the pile...Don't do it lol.

I know I know! Just sitting on it for now. It's not healthy reading people getting lucky pulls sometimes.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The animation has this jarring effect where their mouths are... way too high on their faces.

Yae has it worst of them but they all look like they have ginormous chins and tiny squished faces.

lapsu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Already have Raiden Shogun and Kokomi so I'll be going all in on Yae's banner. Best design in the game after Keqing.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yae is a skip for me as well, still not sure about Ayato, if he's DPS, I have pretty amazing hydro artifacts from Childe farming, so that would be enticing to me. But if he's a support, probably skip as well. His design doesn't really resonate with me.
I think he will be a DPS but it's unlikely that heart of depth would work with him unless he also does normal/charge attacks for his damage. My guess is that they will introduce a new set that's designed to work for him.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
I know I know! Just sitting on it for now. It's not healthy reading people getting lucky pulls sometimes.
You've gotta stay strong and draw the line somewhere. Mine is : The moment I get a Raiden and a Kazuha, the wishing well is closed until I get a black/ dark skinned character. Boom, over a year of savings.

Status
Not open for further replies.