• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
51805972214_c0a17a05a5_o.jpg

Genshin Impact is a F2P open world action RPG with co-op multiplayer by Chinese developer Mihoyo, available for PS4, PS5, PC, Android and iOS.
A Switch version has also been announced without a specific date as of yet.

51805688418_f896d986ac_o.jpg

Your main character is the Traveller from a far away world. You choose between the twins Lumine (girl) or Aether (boy). The twin you don't pick will still play a major role in the game's story.

2rj3ckp2q48o6fhzg.jpg

You are joined on your journey by a big number of unique characters. These are all the playable characters that have so far been revealed:

go59m207yhbgmzxzg.jpg
buugp6tw1uobb7ozg.jpg
l5f8kmn2dp6ko7hzg.jpg
8z3hbhlkit3cuqhzg.jpg

hhxgh8scoi88ldczg.jpg
m47zgvr8cuaf1c8zg.jpg
xiy2c4nvdhpvm6czg.jpg
a026tp3hs2merwhzg.jpg

luxyx1o1cxwamwdzg.jpg
evgy2jttiza9maxzg.jpg
zgutdezkd196wjazg.jpg
e2ikad1m0spejmxzg.jpg

mred0p8lqpkpzj1zg.jpg
tvvdger66lr98z4zg.jpg
blh4a98iditgl4bzg.jpg
ml8wuzuuf97zuh4zg.jpg

r84aj05e392twcozg.jpg
4yt7rcmefg2gv3dzg.jpg
yfbefu4qxrhhf02zg.jpg
4n82vle5iaamdi8zg.jpg

s78s3yjt60g1avczg.jpg
jptbjzq3pvuaepyzg.jpg
xtvr3sdk8i6vhn2zg.jpg
lttniwef7gj8jr3zg.jpg

a01oqvhebo4344ozg.jpg
nt18ts233n2caabzg.jpg
t1sy585ceikxoa5zg.jpg
fqtqsg3fktaum32zg.jpg

n1mnumskcwbh8qmzg.jpg
eqwwdbknhwxwrwrzg.jpg
ousq9kzoof5r2s3zg.jpg
d8mn3mitpwlej03zg.jpg

51279053352_cbda86b55f_o.jpg
51324615409_c5bc4fac7d_o.jpg
51806058743_c388425558_o.jpg
51806071838_1bfe853789_o.jpg

51806301914_6da59180c4_o.jpg
51804987992_86c90e7036_o.jpg
51805947111_ae5f74f79f_o.jpg
51804937532_fdf91c0fcd_o.jpg

51806250819_da54731d4d_o.jpg
51806007748_6116a25e38_o.jpg
51806617725_87bc5dd7af_o.jpg
51806007698_55e061cb59_o.jpg

51804616617_51c1bac7db_o.jpg

With the main character and a team of three other party members you make use of elemental powers and their combination to defeat your enemies. Instead of all party members being present on the combat field at once, and part of them being controlled by the AI, you control all of them. With the press of a button you switch instantly from one character to the other, unleashing devastating combos.

LoSRvbL.gif

51806297775_c0aa4d7381_o.jpg

There are seven unique open world regions to travel to and to freely explore. These are the three regions that have been released so far:

6g77tm6tof3wrvtzg.jpg

th2lux2xh9mnmp4zg.jpg

51324074766_6d4dbec4f6_o.jpg

Exploration and traversal is closely inspired by Breath of the Wild. You will run, swim, climb and glide to every nook and cranny of the game world to discover enemy camps, hidden treasures, puzzles, dungeons, bosses and more.

51142597882_275cc388b5_o.gif

51806297850_a4149fc909_o.jpg

Genshin Impact is a story driven game. Apart from an extensive main story, many character and world quests bring the world, lore and characters to life. The story is told in many hours of high quality and fully voiced (in English, Japanese, Chinese and Korean) dialogue scenes and cutscenes.

l2jrezywfa24w3yzg.jpg

Everything is accompanied by a beautiful OST by the award-winning composer Yu-Peng Chen and by Western and Eastern producers and orchestras that also brought us the film and game OSTs of The Lord of the Rings triology, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, God of War (2018) and Final Fantasy XV.

51805930729_d828a4ceb6_o.jpg

On what platforms is this game available?
Genshin Impact is available on PS4, PS5, PC, Android and iOS. A Switch version has also been announced without a specific date as of yet.

Is this an MMO?
No, this is a single-player focused experience with co-op multiplayer to invite a couple of friends over to your game world.

Do I need to be online all the time?
Yes, you will need to stay in constant contact with Mihoyo's servers.

Does this feature cross play?
Yes, it does feature cross play on all platforms.

Does this feature cross save?
Yes, as of game version 2.0 all platforms' saves will be compatible.

Is this really F2P? It looks too good to be true.
Yes, it is F2P. Crazy, right?

How is this monetized?
The game is monetized by a character and weapon gacha system.

Hah, I knew it! Will playing this game in the long run cost me an arm and a leg?
No, it is very F2P friendly. The gacha system can be mostly ignored, but even by just playing the game you will earn currency to get into some gacha action to with a bit of luck pull some of the additional characters.

How does the gacha exactly work?
Playing the game, or purchasing them with money, you obtain a rare currency called primogems. You can exchange this currency in the game shop for acquaint and intertwined fates. Those fates are used to pull characters and weapons. Characters are a lot rarer than weapons, there is however a pity system in place in case you have very bad luck pulling characters.
It is also noteworthy that not all characters are obtained just by gacha. Some are obtained by playing the story, by completing game events and some can be obtained by purchasing them in the game shop.

Is this a cheap Breath of the Wild rip-off?
No. It's openess, world exploration and traversal are closely inspired by BotW, everything else, like its world, its lore, its story, its characters and its combat system are its very own thing. This game's production value is also anything but cheap.

What exactly are you, Paimon?
NOT EMERGENCY FOOD!!* Paimon just likes tagging along, guiding the Traveller and helping them out as good as she can while being incredibly adorable.

* Genshin Impact community inside joke. ;)

51805572871_2949213e77_o.jpg

Story spoilers or leaked content has to be put in spoiler tags. Anyone breaking the rules will face the Wrath of the Rock!

51805572896_05c6e6327e_o.jpg

GenshinERA Discord:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Genshin Impact Scenic Beauty Photography Thread: https://www.resetera.com/threads/genshin-impacts-incredible-scenic-beauty.424625/

Genshin Impact official: https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en

Genshin Impact Twitter: https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact

Genshin Impact Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/GenshinImpact

Thanks to DatManOvaDer and Dlanor A. Knox for their great gif work. :)

Thanks to Kyuuji for coming up with the cool topic title. :)

Thanks to ArcticDonkey for coming up with the note on gacha for newcomers. :)

51805572891_366aa4a784_o.jpg

Genshin Impact is an incredibly fun and rewarding game and is very FTP friendly. All content can be cleared with starting characters and some of the strongest characters are 4*.

It should be noted that the cost of pulling is very high and rates are incredibly low of pulling a 5* character outside of pity. If you're really enjoying the game and don't mind dropping a few bucks, it's generally advised to stick to the $5 Welkin pass or the $10 battle pass.

It can be very tempting to drop money on pulls when posters show off their shiny double off pity 5* pulls, but please be aware that these pulls are extremely rare. Spending real money to chase the hot, new banner character will lead to very real disappointment if they are not in your pity range.

There is no issue spending within your means as long as you're enjoying the game, but be responsible as even spending here and there will really add up over time. If you're considering dropping a large sum of money on pulls for a non-guaranteed 5* here are some general tips:

1) Be prepared to receive nothing for your money. Ask yourself how disappointed you would be.
2) Sleep on it and see if you still want to spend the next day.
3) Set a monthly budget and stick to it.

Now, fun police time over, go do your commissions. :)

Last edited:

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lets goo

Enjoying Enkanomiya way too much. Love the way it looks.

Can we fast forward 5 years?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Hope everybody's still having fun with GI. I don't think I'm coming back, but I certainly got my time's worth out of the game before giving up.

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
Ah nice! Smell of a new OT. Good Job!

To be fair, even if the sexualization was more "equal", it still doesn't change the fact that sexualization of women is a rampant problem in anime and anime inspired works. Do you see Mihoyo introducing a man with a design that has elements that serve no purpose other than to show they aren't wearing underwear like Shenhe? Or extremely form fitting clothes meant to show off their figure like Ganyu?

Oh I totally recognize the sexualization of women is big in anime stuff. I know that I actually get turned off if there's a semi-serious moment/story in anime/manga and the girls are wearing bikinis or something. It really takes me out of it. For games, they just need to give you a choice in outfits.

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
Oh since we're doing roster posts. Here's mine.

pWmsuUl.jpg

Hopefuly a Zhongli, Ganyu, and Yae Miko will be added to this. Oh and Kazhuha too.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New thread smell, nice.

To continue the discussion from the last thread, I actually really like Yae's look and personality, though the "________ but with no bottoms" shtick for female characters is getting old. She's up there with Itto as my favorite Inazuma personalities and designs. If she was anything but a catalyst user, I'd pull for her.

Funny enough, I'd say my 3 favorite characters design/personality wise are Yae, Itto, and Hu Tao. All 3 of which I haven't pulled for. Tend to pull just for gameplay reasons, which is why I went hard on Childe and Raiden.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Hello new thread.

As far as Inazuman fashion goes, my biggest gripe is that with most of the clothing being based on traditional Japanese outfits in at least some way, there's still a disturbing lack of any character with big hakama pants. Ayato had better deliver!

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My current roster. Saving for Engulfing Lightning next, then maybe for the next Hu Tao banner. Not sure yet.

SiLpXkA.jpg

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wait! Are all those standard 5* constellations from the standard banner or 50/50 losses?
Mix of both. Went crazy on the standard banner at one point for reasons I don't even remember. Also, until recently, I remember losing most of my 50/50s. According to Genshin Wishes, I lost every single 50/50 when getting Zhongli C2, Ganyu C1, and Kazuha C2.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around to doing Itto's story and man. He's one of the best characters in this game. So much personality, a fun story, he's just overall a dope character. Shoutout to the English VA too. I thought I'd be thinking "nah it's too much Ryuji" but nah, it's a different character. Itto feels more confident, secure, older, it's dope.

Also made it to my guaranteed summon for Shenhe and ended up getting her. Given I've won my last 3 50/50s I'm expecting to lose the next lol.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Are there no 3 star characters? It's kinda funny to start at 4 lol

It's a bit odd but I guess I prefer it to games where 3* characters are literally so bad that they're unusable, at least. It's also just the case that you don't really need to fill out elemental teams or anything like you would for other games, so you end up being pickier to begin with.

instead you just end up flooded with useless 3* weapons anyway

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
Happy new year and happy new thread
may you not loose the 50/50 ever again and get your 5* Weapon fast and never hit the pity.

My current roster

c1GS2dG.jpg

still not rosaria, she is dodging all my premos very fast :(

i want Kazuha and Raiden with her weapon, even for C0 and her weapon is enough for me, i want to keep the catch for Xiangling.
also i really wants Ganyu, even in C0, already have her Artifacts and weapon.

Last edited:

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Here we go again. I see no end in sight. Nor do I want there to be.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's a bit odd but I guess I prefer it to games where 3* characters are literally so bad that they're unusable, at least. It's also just the case that you don't really need to fill out elemental teams or anything like you would for other games, so you end up being pickier to begin with.

instead you just end up flooded with useless 3* weapons anyway
That makes sense. Definitely better for the gap to be smaller if it means no one becomes useless, since it's probably hard to get everyone.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Mix of both. Went crazy on the standard banner at one point for reasons I don't even remember. Also, until recently, I remember losing most of my 50/50s. According to Genshin Wishes, I lost every single 50/50 when getting Zhongli C2, Ganyu C1, and Kazuha C2.
0_0

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Where do y'all get these nice looking roster pics from anyway? And can I do that as a Playstation only player?

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for setting up the new OT :)

I gotta be honest, I wish Mihoyo would add a skip button. I'm really not interested in the story of these random side events.

Ganyc

Oct 26, 2017
got Shenhe (50/50 win) and Yun Jin after twenty draws. Now i'll wait for Yae

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Hoyolab is an official Mihoyo website.
Do I have the right link? I don't see any way to log in, it looks like it's all fan art and cosplay posts. So how do you see that roster pic you're posting? Can I even do this if I only have a Playstation account?

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
Do I have the right link? I don't see any way to log in, it looks like it's all fan art and cosplay posts. So how do you see that roster pic you're posting? Can I even do this if I only have a Playstation account?

Yes you can if you link your playstation to the pc account. It has to use a entirely new account if you already use one on the pc. I only play on the PS5.

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020
On the desktop version of the website, the login button is at the bottom of a menu you can access by clicking the grey circular face-like button at the top right of the website. I assume the mobile version puts the login button under a 3-bar type menu somewhere. There is also an app for mobile if you prefer that.

For the desktop version, to see your roster, go to your personal homepage on Hoyolab, then click on the characters on the right. This will take you to the Battle Chronicles section. If it is not visible, you may need to first link your PSN account to your Mihoyo account. Please note that there is a bug with Hoyolab where some players are unable to see the Battle Chronicles (I am one of those people). If you can access the Battle Chronicles page, but it is blank, then you are affected by the bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.