• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
And the OT7 winner title is:
Genshin Impact |OT7| Yippee Ki Yae

Congratz Kyuuji!

The new OT should be going live tomorrow around this time. :)

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
I did the archon quest yesterday & loved it. I was strongly inclined not to like Shenhe, too, but the whole thing was great. I loved the way Shenhe's introduction helped us understand other characters we've spent time with. I loved Yunjin. I'm so glad they're following through w/ Ningguang's story, too. Every time they pick up a story thread they thought I'd dropped, I trust the game a little more.

Though there is one thing that really bugged me...

When Xingqiu says that a single good piece of the vermillion plaustrite is worth ~400 million mora & then we give a piece of vermillion plaustrite to Ningguang for FREE. WTF.

I realize that the game was never going to give us 400 million mora. I understand that part of the setup is that Ningguang's advice is meant to be MORE valuable than the cash. But we didn't have a question for her. We were so short on questions that we let Paimon come up with a random, very silly question. Further, Paimon is often complaining about how broke we are, so canonically we would have been better of selling that plaustrite to the highest bidder instead of submitting the three items ourselves for a prize we don't actually need.

Though I do say that if they want to make people use teams more situationally they really need to work on making changing teams easier and faster. Not only does the party menu take ages to load, 4 team slots is fucking nothing and artifact loadouts should be a thing too.

Yeah, this. If they want me to pick and choose my team based on the enemies I'm about to fight, they need to make it easier to switch teams. Otherwise, I just want to be able to take whatever team I happen to be using & tackle whatever content crosses my path.

If they want to make enemies that counter specific characters, they still need to think bigger picture. What kind of game is this. What's the play experience supposed to be like.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I did the archon quest yesterday & loved it. I was strongly inclined not to like Shenhe, too, but the whole thing was great. I loved the way Shenhe's introduction helped us understand other characters we've spent time with. I loved Yunjin. I'm so glad they're following through w/ Ningguang's story, too. Every time they pick up a story thread they thought I'd dropped, I trust the game a little more.

When Xingqiu says that a single good piece of the vermillion plaustrite is worth ~400 million mora & then we give a piece of vermillion plaustrite to Ningguang for FREE. WTF.

I realize that the game was never going to give us 400 million mora. I understand that part of the setup is that Ningguang's advice is meant to be MORE valuable than the cash. But we didn't have a question for her. We were so short on questions that we let Paimon come up with a random, very silly question. Further, Paimon is often complaining about how broke we are, so canonically we would have been better of selling that plaustrite to the highest bidder instead of submitting the three items ourselves for a prize we don't actually need.
LOL, there's a reason Ningguang is the richest person in teyvat...

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
Please, can anyone tell me from where the hell comes the fact that Senhe's is Chongyu's aunt? Her entire questline is about how she was isolated in mountains, how can she even have time to be an aunt for someone?

I'll put this in spoiler tags just in case, but they do give enough info to piece this together I think.

In Shenhe's story quest, it's pretty crucial that she comes from a "branch of a family of exorcists" which is (I think) why her father was able to conduct the ritual to raise that god's remains, and also how Shenhe came into possession of the exorcist's knife that she used to fight that god, once she'd been sent to him as a sacrifice.

Chongyun is also from a family of exorcists so... seems like they're form the same family of exorcists. And since Uncle Mingyun still remembered Shenhe (and was smart enough to try to hide the book that the dad used), it seems that her story is well-known to the family members, at least.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
And the OT7 winner title is:
Genshin Impact |OT7| Yippee Ki Yae

Congratz Kyuuji!

The new OT should be going live tomorrow around this time. :)

Talent won

giphy.gif

Jun 1, 2021
I get that zhongli is strong and the enemies may be built to counter, but wouldn't you just replace with another support for a bit? Is it that bad to diversify your party a bit?

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's always fun to have to farm equipment and pray for RNG gods so you can use a better version of your character, rather than, you know, just having a buff.
Hell, i'll be kinda okay with the both options (buff + new set). But just a set is really awful in my opinion.

Its a whole lot better of them wallowing away in the trash bin.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or does Favonius Lance look better than Calamity Queller on Shenhe?

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, this. If they want me to pick and choose my team based on the enemies I'm about to fight, they need to make it easier to switch teams. Otherwise, I just want to be able to take whatever team I happen to be using & tackle whatever content crosses my path.

If they want to make enemies that counter specific characters, they still need to think bigger picture. What kind of game is this. What's the play experience supposed to be like.
God I don't know why there is only 4 party slots. They need to expand that.

ArcticDonkey

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still in the club. The only two standard banner characters I have are Mona and Qiqi. Playing since launch, too!
And I thought I had it rough only having those 2 and Keqing... my condolences.

We don't talk about D*l*c until he shows his big face in my roster. Sometimes you gotta give up on your dreams.
Apologies, you're absolutely right. We're worth more than that. It's his loss.

Maedhros

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'll put this in spoiler tags just in case, but they do give enough info to piece this together I think.

In Shenhe's story quest, it's pretty crucial that she comes from a "branch of a family of exorcists" which is (I think) why her father was able to conduct the ritual to raise that god's remains, and also how Shenhe came into possession of the exorcist's knife that she used to fight that god, once she'd been sent to him as a sacrifice.

Chongyun is also from a family of exorcists so... seems like they're form the same family of exorcists. And since Uncle Mingyun still remembered Shenhe (and was smart enough to try to hide the book that the dad used), it seems that her story is well-known to the family members, at least.
Nice answer. Makes a lot of sense. So, she's a relative of him. The artwork is just fans exagerating, as always, since they barely know each other.

The trailer was useless, because if it's not in game, I don't even consider it to be part of the storyline. It would be cool to actually have them interacting in the game, specially since Chongyu is so underutilized.

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
I'm also part of the no Diluc/Mona/Keqing Club. Wouldn't mind a Diluc but don't want him atm lol.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
I got Qiqi c0 on the standard banner. The first of many I'm sure. It took me forever to get one so for that i'm thankful. I did want her though, if only for collecting purposes.

I did some pulls on Shenhe and got c0 Yun Jin and some constellations on the other two (both c4 now). Got Mona c1 along the way. Now I'm guaranteed either Shenhe c0 or... save it for another guaranteed character. I really am not sure what I want at this point...

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I did some pulls on Shenhe and got c0 Yun Jin and some constellations on the other two (both c4 now). Got Mona c1 along the way. Now I'm guaranteed either Shenhe c0 or... save it for another guaranteed character. I really am not sure what I want at this point...
Do you have a Cryo waifu at the moment ? Is she carrying you ?

Maedhros

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Do we already have a good build for Qiqi with this new set? I have a C4 one, she was my first level 10 companion, carried me through the entire early game. Wouldn't mind to make her half decent...

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
Do we already have a good build for Qiqi with this new set? I have a C4 one, she was my first level 10 companion, carried me through the entire early game. Wouldn't mind to make her half decent...

I'm trying to build a clam set for Qiqi and asking myself the same question. I've seen some suggestions that it's worthwhile to search out a Healing Bonus hat, just because getting to the 30k healing cap for the bubble pop can be a challenge, but I've seen others saying that it's better to stick with a crit hat for slightly better damage across the board.

I got a Physical Damage hat in the clam set yesterday so I'm leveling that right now. Going to look for an ATK% timepiece. I have a crit headpiece already too, but I might try an ATK% just to see how that compares?

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have Ganyu c0 and Ayaka c0... I mostly use Ganyu. Would Ganyu c1 or Shenhu c0 be the better investment? Or should I just wait for Miko since I also have Raiden and kinda want her to go with... ugh!!! :P can't have it all
Ahah like you said, can't have it all :p

I asked you this because Shenhe is interesting when you have a good Cryo waifu and... Ayaka might be her best companion so far. So Shenhe could, for sure, be a good teammate for your Ayaka.

If you already have Ganyu and if you're free to play, i highly suggest you not to pull for Ganyu's C1, it's not amazing enough for spending what could bring you a new character instead.

To be fair, Shenhe is cool but ask yourself this question : Do i really need her ? Will it change the way i play, and bring to me more options for Abyss ?

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
What's the opinion on Kaz with Ganyu? I know Venti is typically favoured for quadratic scaling, but does anyone else run them together?

Thinking of Zhongli, Ganyu, Raiden C3 and Kaz as my next acquisitions.

Zhongli as a general purpose support, but for Raiden and Eula, and Melt Ganyu specifically.

Ganyu for... well, melt and freeze teams.

Raiden C3 because she's the queen.

Kaz because he would open up the best Raiden hypercarry team for me (to pair with C6 Sara and Bennett) and because - hence asking the question above - he could maybe fill a spot in a freeze team?

I dig Venti, but I'm not sure where'd I'd use him while Kaz seems like he could open up a few teams?

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Just build her max Healing, so Attack%, Attack%, Healing Bonus.
Focus on Energy Recharge% substats, then Crit after that.

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It really depends on what kind of team you slot her in. What were you thinking?

KraytarJ

Nov 14, 2017
I feel really conflicted on Shenhe, I did some pulls for her and ended up losing the 50/50 to C1 Jean (can't complain about Jean cons) and now I'm wondering if I should just take my guaranteed Yae or if Shenhe would be worth getting, either way I will have enough to guaranteed get Yae and it doesn't look like Kazuha will be coming next patch but idk if she's enough of an upgrade over running Ayaka and Ganyu together or potentially actually doing something with my C6 Rosaria. Decisions, decisions.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Shenhe as a character was more interesting than I expected. Certainly better than the plank of wood that is Ganyu.

Her design is still trash though and her kit is too niche, so still an easy skip.

I feel really conflicted on Shenhe, I did some pulls for her and ended up losing the 50/50 to C1 Jean (can't complain about Jean cons) and now I'm wondering if I should just take my guaranteed Yae or if Shenhe would be worth getting, either way I will have enough to guaranteed get Yae and it doesn't look like Kazuha will be coming next patch but idk if she's enough of an upgrade over running Ayaka and Ganyu together or potentially actually doing something with my C6 Rosaria. Decisions, decisions.

Kazuha is most likely coming next patch. Was part of the leaks.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Probably Atk/Atk/Healing with ER substats if you plan to just plop her in for skill + burst, otherwise just enough Atk to top off the bubble damage and otherwise a phys dps build. (Or maybe cryo qiqi dps with shenhe and chongyun will be a thing now?)

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Don't want to ruin anyone's plan, but the new rumors want Kokomi and not Kazuha as second rerun next to Raiden, at least judgin by the abyss blessings. If it's true it certainly ruined mine
kokomi rerun so soon doesn't make much sense but mihoyo has done plenty of baffling things like that before

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
kokomi rerun so soon doesn't make much sense but mihoyo has done plenty of baffling things like that before
No in fact it wouldn't, but after all she was in the same patch as Raiden so the timing is the same as hers. More over, there's a bonus also on electro charged for the abyss and there's a free catalyst as well in the next patch, albeit that one seems tailor-made for Yae. I honestly don't know, I really hope there will be Kazuha, but after Childe third rerun I don't trust MHY with intelligent decisions on the banner placements

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Kokomo reruns before Kazuha I will freakin riot. Why would they do that? They think the clam set is causing a lot of Kokomi skip regret?

No.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
if those leaked new enemies are real, Im immediately questioning pulling for Zhongli and using Noelle. I don't like when service games introduces new enemies almost specifically designed to counter certain popular characters. Apparently this also happened with Venti. I wonder if they'll eventually try to do the same to Bennett

Last edited:

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Kokomi must be someone's fav. They really want you to have her. They will never pry my QiQi or Barbara from me tho.

Crooked Eye

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 26, 2017
She was released during the same time frame as Raiden who is also rumoured to have a rerun in 2.5. Also in terms of banner rerun logic Childe says hi.

Either way both work for me so I'll be happy with either outcome.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
She was released during the same time frame as Raiden who is also rumoured to have a rerun in 2.5. Also in terms of banner rerun logic Childe says hi.

Either way both work for me so I'll be happy with either outcome.
Raiden is a special case. She's an Archon, and so far Archon's have had more frequent reruns compared to most characters. Plus she seems to have some significance for the patch.

Kazuha would be next on the list in terms of characters that haven't had a rerun yet. Before Kazuha it would be Xiao and Ganyu, but they are obviously getting one this patch

Pundere

Oct 30, 2017
I should probably get back to doing the Inazuma main story because I kiiiiinda forgot Raiden will need the mats from that weekly boss.

Crooked Eye

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 26, 2017
Raiden is a special case. She's an Archon, and so far Archon's have had more frequent reruns compared to most characters. Plus she seems to have some significance for the patch.

Kazuha would be next on the list in terms of characters that haven't had a rerun yet. Before Kazuha it would be Xiao and Ganyu, but they are obviously getting one this patch
Like I said. If you look at how the reruns have run there has been no set timeframe for any character be it archon or not. There is no saying that Kokomi won't have relevance in the 2.5 story considering we are getting more Enkonomiya content, if she has story content then a rerun makes sense to be honest. I just hope she is ran with Raiden as I have no desire to pull her weapon while chasing Yae's. If Kazuha has no relevance to the story in 2.5 which I believe he doesn't they will more then likely drop him in 2.6 with Ayato.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

There is no rhyme or reason towards reruns.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
There is no rhyme or reason towards reruns.
Well there is definitely now. The last few patches have reran characters that have story or event appearances. That's all we really have to go on other than the vague notion that characters that are the furthest from their last rerun should be coming up soon

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Tyaren a suggestion my friend: Why don't you create an OT for each season and update? This will be ordered to avoid confusion and things mingling together between multiiple versions like past 2.3, current 2.4 and upcoming 2.5 or even 2.6.
The day a version starts would be perfect to launch its thread. So you could do this at the start of 2.5. Thanks.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone knows how Yae's normal and charged attacks compare to Klee/Yanfei/Ningguang? I know she's more of a burst DPS but still

Status
Not open for further replies.