• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (2 weeks): Inflammatory Comparison
Game company trying to "Tiananmen square" the negativity, and the rabble growing more and more frenzy.

This is the drama I can enjoy :)

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
moonchase event has a nice amount of primos, plus 10 limited banner wishes. I know it's not much compared to other gacha but it's more than we get during a regular patch cycle. So as a welkin/bp purchaser I am content.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
The gifs man:

mihoyo-miyoho-genshin-impact-mhy-gif-20529320
mihoyo-miyoho-genshin-impact-mhy-gif-20529320
mihoyo-miyoho.gif

5primogems-primogems.gif

lemonade

May 8, 2018
It's been clear what the anniversary events are since the 2.1 stream. But people keep setting themselves up for disappointment and get more angry when their fantasy are not realized.

The closest Gamers are to engage in activism is when the free game does not give them the amount of free shit they deem appropriate. Kinda funny ngl.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Did I really do an "event" that was daily commission requests..Mihoyo stepping up the game play bar!!! Pathetic.

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
It's been clear what the anniversary events are since the 2.1 stream. But people keep setting themselves up for disappointment and get more angry when their fantasy are not realized.

The closest Gamers are to engage in activism is when the free game does not give them the amount of free shit they deem appropriate. Kinda funny ngl.

I mean people where trying to stay positive in what seemed to be a terrible anniversary xD

Better than complaining before it actually happens.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
hold up a minute, GI reddit is owned by MHY or something? Becuase that is absolutely ridiculous

Wasn't the Genshin Reddit at the start run by fans for fans, but then they turned it into the official Genshin topic and gave the reigns to Mihoyo and their moderators?

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at peace with the anni stuff because it's just where the game is at right now. Genshin is so insanely profitable and has pretty much invented the open world FTP Gatcha AAA market TM.

This makes it so they don't need to develop things like endgame, implement community suggestions or have worthwhile giveaways like other gatchas. There's actually a couple positives to this, the game has been strangely anti powercreep. I don't think they feel pressured to release a jacked up 5* to spike sales. Works for me because I've been able to take month breaks here and there and not feel left behind.

In a couple years time when other devs copy this formula and there is actual competition you better believe there will be mad giveaways.
It's only a matter of time before we get some major properties on this.

I'm not gonna be surprised to see a One Piece, Naruto, Dragon Ball, just some other anime franchise from Bandai Namco come out with their version lol.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't the Genshin Reddit at the start run by fans for fans, but then they turned it into the official Genshin topic and gave the reigns to Mihoyo and their moderators?
Yeah i think it happened like that, same for the discord. Back in the beta days, it was still community driven i think

Xils

Feb 4, 2020
Different topic but hot take (also kinda has to do with the ongoing story telling problems this game suffers from):

This event has a very cynical design to it (the camp hunt and the item hunt parts are really just bad busy work but not the focus).

The various random character appearances aren't genuine, the design is exactly as if someone in a suit saw the complaints on Lantern Rite and demanded everything be opposite. Have everyone show up because that's what people wanted. Not what makes sense.

There's so very little organic flow to the event on-goings outside of Xiangling and Keqing and the chef in the little hotel in Liyue. (I'm fine with Ningguang and Beidou even if Beidou being there makes little sense but Beidou seems to enjoy teleporting across the world when convenient.) Characters aren't showing up because it makes any sense, they show up because people demanded characters show up and so they did. I also think the whole teleporting all across the world kinda kills immersion when supposedly Xiangling and Keqing are with us.

It has this old Ubisoft-reflexive design feel to it. Not done because the story was about it, but done to mark off check boxes.

They did this so much better with Windblume, but this one feels very fake.
I personally enjoyed most of the character interactions but I do agree with you about the flow of the event.

I think part of it is because Liyue's characters feel the most haphazardly put together compare to other regions. Most of them are people that seems to have little to do with each other. You don't really know how they are with each other with how little they're utilized in the story so far. Most of them barely share any screen time with other characters prior to this event.

With Mondstadt, you get a pretty clear picture of how most prominent characters are with each other and what their places are in the world. Most of them belong to/have some kind of relationship to the knight order really makes thing easy to understand. They also appear together a lot in the story. All these factor made seeing them together or them seeking each other out feel natural.

I think Inazuma also did a decent job of establishing its characters' relationship and their standing in the city (questionable execution and plot development aside lol). While they don't share screen time as much and are more separated compare to Mondstadt characters, you at least get a "line" connecting all of them together: character introduce you to another character that guide you to other characters that you get to know is on the opposing faction of some other characters.

Liyue characters seem to just randomly appear and have you tag along them a bit and that's it. Most you know is how random town NPCs view these characters.

With how bad of a job they did with setting these characters up beforehand, them going with "ask random people about what they like" is the route with the least amount of effort they can take to get all these separated characters to appear without needing too much setup. They just have to replace what they did with random NPCs in the past events with characters people actually care about. Just writing fun dialogue with characters people like is enough for them, I guess.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
There are literally multiple posts on the subreddit front page discussing anniversary. And every recent hoyolab post and Genshin official youtube video is flooded with anniversary complaints.

But Gamers are the most oppressed group on the planet and are convinced they are being silenced as opposed to people trying to clean up the usual Gamer toxicity, personal attacks and racism.

Liv

Teyvat Traveler
Aug 20, 2019
Damn 22k hili kills! lol wonder who is the greatest hilichurl killer here in Era.

I "only" killed 15k myself, but apparently that's enough to be on the top 10% of the America server.

Edit: just saw Bansai numbers. You a monster! lol

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
There are literally multiple posts on the subreddit front page discussing anniversary. And every recent hoyolab post and Genshin official youtube video is flooded with anniversary complaints.

But Gamers are the most oppressed group on the planet and are convinced they are being silenced as opposed to people trying to clean up the usual Gamer toxicity, personal attacks and racism.

Yeah. Is that image just some made up stuff again or partly?

Im pretty sure the second one wasnt even approved by a mod.,

HoYoLAB - Official Community

HoYoLAB is the community forum for Genshin Impact and Honkai Impact 3rd, with official information about game events, perks, fan art, and other exciting content.

HoYoLAB is the community forum for Genshin Impact and Honkai Impact 3rd, with official information about game events, perks, fan art, and other exciting content.

anotherdoof

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. Is that image just some made up stuff again or partly?

Im pretty sure the second one wasnt even approved by a mod.,

Its overstated for sure. At least on reddit they are just getting flooded with posts and are trying to stop the flood. They've left a few threads up.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
People in here seem to have Alice's Teyvat Travel Guide on their nightstand, lol.

meataem

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 29, 2019
Watching the chaos unfold on Genshin discord actually ended up being the best anniversary celebration gift.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
My friend who's been playing since day one has a Hilichurl kill count of 19,365.

I've been playing for 9 months and my kill count is 14,527.

Curiously enough, we have the same average of 1,600 Hilichurls killed per month.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly kind of glad this thread is the only exposure I have to the larger Genshin community, lol. I'm not upset about the low-yield anniversary stuff but I imagine if I was being slammed with negativity from all sides about it it would be pretty infectious.

Honestly the only thing I'm grumpy about is the fact I'm travelling to a wedding this weekend and will miss my daily login on Saturday because my PS4 ain't coming with me into the mountains.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I come home from work and see this thread is even more of a nightmare, congrats
Enjoy yer 60 primos you filthy animals
tumblr_ohiyh0nLOC1rf1yd3o9_400.gifv

And a happy anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.