• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Whats mihoyo's history with character adjustments? Wonder if Kokomi would get a buff if people arent pulling on her ha
Not good.

The only character they really buffed was Zhongli, and that was only because it was their nations' literal God. Don't expect any changes to characters, especially after Yoimiya where a lot of her attacks outright miss enemies if you're not right up in their face.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The reactions to the Anniversary thus far has made for some prime popcorn material, though.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have Mona...

Don't know about your spending habbits, but grabbing the first available 5* hydro hero will not be a good long-term investment.

There is Xingqiu and Barbara, everyone pretty much has them. Some have Childe/Mona too, and that completes all the hydro needs. The next hydro hero must be exceptional in something more than just enabling freezing.

You have already spent quite a bit of gems on artifacts. If you can open wallet, then who cares sky is limit, but consider whether it is worth trading a different 5* for Kokomi.

If I am going to spend pity/month of resin/crowns etc. It cannot be something that makes no real different in my arsenal's power level.

I'm glad our Chinese brothers and sisters in arms are laying it on as thick (or thicker) than we are.

I don't think it matters. I think one comment there is correct seeing how MHY is spending on advertising to get more players, instead of giving more rewards to existing. They know you have no alternative for this gacha-subgenre, and they don't have to give you anything, so all the promotion money is going towards advertising instead of celebrations/generosity.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Those CN comments, keep 'em comming.

78K806OHPM.gif

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
I got an Amos Bow off of pity on the standard banner. I've been running Ganyu with a R2 Viridescent Hunt, but I think the Amos is considered her BiS. So now I'm looking at actual Ganyu builds. I've got a 4 piece Blizzard on her, but apparently a 4 piece Wanderer's Troupe is something people use? Or a 2 piece Gladiator + 2 piece Blizzard.

What do ya'll recommend for her?

Oct 27, 2017
I got an Amos Bow off of pity on the standard banner. I've been running Ganyu with a R2 Viridescent Hunt, but I think the Amos is considered her BiS. So now I'm looking at actual Ganyu builds. I've got a 4 piece Blizzard on her, but apparently a 4 piece Wanderer's Troupe is something people use? Or a 2 piece Gladiator + 2 piece Blizzard.

What do ya'll recommend for her?

That Wandered build is if you enable Melting.

Just play with full Blizzard and Amos. The difference is small even if you do melting, but Wanderer is much worse if you do Freeze-composition.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Not good.

The only character they really buffed was Zhongli, and that was only because it was their nations' literal God. Don't expect any changes to characters, especially after Yoimiya where a lot of her attacks outright miss enemies if you're not right up in their face.

To be fair in hind sight they really shouldn't have buffed him since it seems like that one action completely ruined the balance in the game. Might have them spooked for adjusting characters again.

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
Does anyone else remember that controversy from around launch where Mihoyo responded to some complaints by saying something like (i'm paraphrasing because it was a while ago and a quick google search didn't bring it up) "Gamers are like hungry wolves, they always want more."

It got overshadowed pretty quickly but I think about it a lot. It's one of the only windows we've had into their unglossed POV.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Oh yeah, so is this patch when everyone gets Aloy?

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
Wo66PnQ.png

Lost the 50/50 but got Jean. Wish I'd won it so I didn't need to think about whether I really want Kokomi or not, but this is still pretty nice. Now I'm only missing Keqing and Mona.
Maybe I'll throw another 20 pulls or so at the banner to see if I luck into her early (probably not, but still).
I'm in the nice position that I could go all the way to soft pity for Kokomi and still almost guarantee another limited character, and seeing how reruns are up next I don't really need to be in hardcore saving mode.
Grats, you got way better Kokomi.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone else remember that controversy from around launch where Mihoyo responded to some complaints by saying something like (i'm paraphrasing because it was a while ago and a quick google search didn't bring it up) "Gamers are like hungry wolves, they always want more."

It got overshadowed pretty quickly but I think about it a lot. It's one of the only windows we've had into their unglossed POV.

Greed-wise, gamers got nothing on MHY.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

I don't remember this at all. Do you remember when/where they said it?

Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Mocking Ethnic Names
Oof this is rough going through a new banner, logging in, and doing everything to NOT roll on it since I have no want or need for Koko puffs.

I just gotta not stare at my primogem stack and I'll be fine. Probably.....

Oct 27, 2017
ok just now decided to do the

Stillness, the Sublimation of Shadow

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHY in the fuck is she soo fucking HARD
its-very-fricking-annoying-irritated.gif

cant even use her in the battle... gonna try jean.. -__- i thought story quests where like 20+ levels lower than yours or whatever.. im only on wl6.. :/

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

What? I don't remember any such controversy and them saying anything like that. Can you provide a source for that?

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
You are 100% right to question the post, I was misremembering and it never happened.

I see...
Seriously, can we stop with the hyperbole and vilification of the developers? It's just some rewards...or rather no rewards, lol. But if they are make or break for you, then you are better off quitting the game right now.

Oct 27, 2017
200.gif
200w.gif

DazzlingPeriodicGnatcatcher-size_restricted.gif

whoever designed that fucking boss shouldn't have a job a miyoho... absolutely the trashing shit ever... making a HARD boss is FINE but i died on purpose the first time, and then twice after i switched to jean because my characters were just doing fuck all... for it to be a invisible timer..... that better be that only boss like that for fucks sake.... either make it far but hard not a fucking lame ass invisible timer...
-____-
i dont play this game for difficulty even though i love hard games... but i play this to chill while high...that boss fucking kilt my buzz. :/

but you know what not being able to skip that fucking cutscene was just ... holy....
giphy.gif

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
Seriously, can we stop with the hyperbole and vilification of the developers? It's just some rewards...or rather no rewards, lol. But if they are make or break for you, then you are better off quitting the game right now.

I like to think I'm fairly positive about the game? Maybe not! I do sincerely love Genshin but I also think gacha is fundamentally & morally wrong. But we live in a society, etc., etc. Still, I do try not to be too doom and gloomy.

I think it's really important to be clear about when I'm wrong, because it's a good habit & I did quote the specific post I was misremembering a few comments up in this thread, but like... I dunno, this seems excessive as a response? I don't care about the anniversary at all, really.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
1000 people getting 100 primo gems feels like really good odds of getting over 2/3 of 1 banner pull. Stop bitching.

MildSoss

Oct 25, 2017
While i do think there's a lot of hyperbole when it comes to the comments some times i'm also not gonna defend a company whose sole business model is literal gambling.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Finally finished organizing my artifacts! I locked the two best of every main stat from every set. Now I just need to periodically compare any new 5* or 4* pieces to the locked ones of the same stat in each set.

From now on, everything that's unlocked or doesn't have the "new" tag goes straight to the EXP chute. No more having to painstakingly go through all of them to find fodder.

EpyzkNNVoAAur7t

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I do personally think it's pretty hilarious that even their anniversary rewards are gambling, but I expect so little out of Mihoyo it's hard to be upset with them.

It'd be real nice if on the eve of the actual anniversary they announce some campaigns that actually benefit the entire playerbase and not their anointed few, but I don't expect it and I won't be surprised if they don't.

Amauri14

Oct 27, 2017
Danbury, CT, USA
Nice, my plan of pulling 20, near the end of the banner paid off, and not only did I get Sara, I also got an additional Mona so now I can easily get Kokomi. Getting a C1 for Ei would have been nice, but well, she will be back one day.

3cgtMh3.png

hwd9oxt.png

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I've only asked for 2 things for the anniversary. 920k more Mora than the 80k we're getting. 1 million seems fitting for a 1 year anniversary. And in game events. Half resin on everything. No 3 limits a day. That's it. None of it costs them anything to do, and if anything people are more likely to spend on refreshes while the goings good. It's a win for everyone.

hypersheep325

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
200.gif
200w.gif

DazzlingPeriodicGnatcatcher-size_restricted.gif

whoever designed that fucking boss shouldn't have a job a miyoho... absolutely the trashing shit ever... making a HARD boss is FINE but i died on purpose the first time, and then twice after i switched to jean because my characters were just doing fuck all... for it to be a invisible timer..... that better be that only boss like that for fucks sake.... either make it far but hard not a fucking lame ass invisible timer...
-____-
i dont play this game for difficulty even though i love hard games... but i play this to chill while high...that boss fucking kilt my buzz. :/

but you know what not being able to skip that fucking cutscene was just ... holy....
giphy.gif
Well to make you feel a bit better, the invisible timer only starts after she locks down your abilities, so you still have to beat her legitimately. And you have to fight her again in Act 3 LOL

l2iv6

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
originally picked up this game and wasn't really that into it, but jumped back in again last night and now it's finally clicked! v excited

any advice for beginners? still sort of just wrapping my head about all the systems and combat but i'm so keen to get to ar 16 and play with others

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
So I finally got around to trying out the new abyss 12 (I didn't want to do it until I 9*'d floor 11 and that only happened yesterday). Figured I would try out my Mona Ningguang team, and even though Mona has practically no gear it worked out great. The rotations are really nice and the damage is the best I've managed to get out of that team so far. I'll swap in Sucrose when I really need crowd control, but otherwise I'm really happy with her. Yet another unit that needs gear.

I wasn't able to get 9*s though due to the eye of the storm. Anyone got any tips for me on how to deal with it while it's in the air. Is there a way to force it down or anything?
bloop bloop, I was spreading misinfo.
Haha okay nws. Thanks for clearing it up (and being honest when you realised! A lot of people wouldn't be or would double down).

Witch of Miracles

One Winged Slayer
Jun 13, 2019
United Kingdom
Sup haven't posted since Raiden came out, didn't stop playing (still did dailies and events) but just took a break from eat/sleep/fucking Genshin.

Got Kokomi (lost the 50/50 to freaking Mona, C2 now) and got her weapon on my first pity. I know Kokomi is a Kokomeme and pretty useless but its whatever, I'm over the moon that I got both her and her weapon.

SpookySpice

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 22, 2019
Was a 10-pull away from the 50/50 so I rolled for Kokomi just for the heck of it to see if I'd win the 50/50. Of course I managed to get Kokomi so I still have the 50/50 hanging over my head. The worst outcome would have been Qiqi c1 so I'm happy with it. Sayu is friendship 9 so I'll have a spot on my overworld team for a healer soon.

Is there a consensus on good artifacts? I'm assuming Tenacity for the HP and team damage? Funny I saved all these healing bonus artifacts that rolled crit rate and damage just in case, but they are worthless to her.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
These are pretty funny, lol.
I don't mind Kokomi not being a "meta" character tbh

for one thing, it lets people who care about that sort of stuff to skip a character every now and then and even for people who aren't into the meta, it's not like she (or any character really) is bad for the main game

Status
Not open for further replies.