• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine building this joke for like 6 patches
E8OTM7iWQAEU7su

And then...
E8OSVVxWEAM2lNq

flop~

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
E8OTM7iWQAEU7su

And then...
E8OSVVxWEAM2lNq

flop~

What wowed me was that the lone ruin guard in Dvalin's tower looking up to Celestia was actually part of the main story many game versions afterwards. I remember it sitting there already in closed beta and it being the only ruin guard corpse that Paimon and the Traveler take notice of with extra dialogue.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
E8OTM7iWQAEU7su

And then...
E8OSVVxWEAM2lNq

flop~
I looked into this and turns out it isn't a mistranslation.
  • Xingqiu published A Legend of Sword under two different pennames: Chenqiu (Chinese: 沉秋 Chénqiū; Japanese: 沈秋) and Zhenyu (Chinese: 枕玉 Zhěnyù).
    • In "Chenqiu," 沉 and 沈 both mean "to submerge/sink/immerse in", referring to Xingqiu's immersive interests in martial arts. 秋 "autumn" is the same character for the second syllable of his given name.
    • "Zhenyu" means Pillow of Jade, alluding to his hometown Liyue. It is a homonym of 阵雨 Zhènyǔ, "rainshower", which alludes to his skillset.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
Got my last Crown on Venti, and my first Crown on Raiden. Still need a few weeks, but soon all my archons will be ballin with 10/10/10 talents. I'm aware crowning normals for Venti and Raiden is a complete waste. BUT they're archons. So that makes it okay.

Yep.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
There was a FREE Aloy, and legit nobody even talking about her or making comps. We all trash talking Yoimiya or Kokomi, as irrelevant characters, but Aloy is like she isn't from this game. (I don't have her, but she looks so bad visually I don't even want her. Give me some cool crossover characters, like Fortnite Banana or Draven)

I am still sad cuz no Signora :( Why, why cannot I get her. Cryo Damage/SubDPS. Perfect.
it doesn't help that aloy is only available on one platform for now

she's good though, I played around with her for a while and her burst only cost 40 energy

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I like Aloy. Got her to 90, 6/6/6, stingless with an decent set of 4 pc blizzard strayer. Her normal attacks are garbage, and trying to use her skill to turn her normals into cryo is inconsistent and not worth focusing on. 20 second downtime on her skill is rough, wish it was 14 seconds at max, fun to use though and generates a decent chink of energy. Uptime on her burst is great when you pair her with another ice user.

I've got Aloy in on my Ayaka permafreeze team when I don't need heals from diona.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I got Aloy to 90 and right now I don't think she's more valuable than my C2 Rosaria in Abyss 11 or 12. My biggest issue with Aloy is a way-too-long cooldown on her skill.

Maybe if they ever give her constellations that reduce that cooldown somehow, I'll consider her as worthy Rosaria replacement in certain circumstances. One complete charge shot from a well built Ganyu does about as much as one Aloy burst right now, so she's not really anything to write home about in her current form.

But, free is free. And in a game where Aloy can still get the job done and where the whole game is about prioritizing resources, I would say she's pretty valuable for the low spenders or F2P who want a reason to skip Ganyu if they were just looking for a way to have ranged cryo.

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I was closing in on 500 fish caught, thinking I'd complete the fishing achievements for the background...

breh...

unknown.png

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing as a number of you have already built your Raidens, how are you guys currently spending your resin?

I'm still farming Emblem pieces atm so was curious what everyone else is up to.

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing as a number of you have already built your Raidens, how are you guys currently spending your resin?

Spent 90 on the weekly bosses today, but in general I'm doing books/mora/electro boss so I can take Sara to 80+. After everything is done with her and things slow down, I'm going back into the artifact gulag.

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021

I'm also still farming Emblem pieces and it's still going badly. I have relatively low standards and they are not being met.

In the meanwhile, I'm also buiding Xiangling and Sayu--Xiangling is my staging area for Emblem artifact churn so she's getting her set as I level her--and also leveling a couple weapons (The Catch for Raiden & Skyward Pride for Sayu)

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017

Well I spent resin since then to get Sara to 80/80 but I'm not ready to fully ascend her yet. After that I focused on getting Xiangling to finally 80/90 in about a day because I was long overdue on that. Gonna take a break from boss material farming to go back to Severed Fate for awhile to continue looking both to fill Sara's artifact slots while simultaneously looking for upgrades. Once that is done I'm gonna hit up Noblesse specifically for Sara/Bennett (technically I have a set for Bennett but it is an awkward one where I would have to use an HP hat) and if I can get Noblesse for Sara, I can pass down her artifacts to Kaeya who I might level in the future (he's already 70/70 from when I needed to use a Cryo character for a Domain early in account for a domain and he can just use the Festering Desire so it wouldn't be too hard to make him usable).

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

When I built my Eula to have acceptable stats, there wasn't much justifying the Pale Flame domain after I got a couple decent sets for Millelith for Albedo and Xinyan. It's too niche of a domain and the diminishing returns for those sets are just not good enough for me to bash my head for some god rolls. I wish my Eula's CR was a little higher but she's more than good enough right now.

But the Emblem of Severed Fate domain is a different story. Both artifact sets there fit on just about everyone on my bench in some way. Either 2-set can be used on just about anyone, and that makes it exceptionally valuable. So I'm not mad running that domain over and over and over. If I get god pieces for Raiden, wonderful. If I get merely decent pieces for a couple dozen other characters, also great. Even copium pieces can fit on some less used characters and are "good enough" for their limited usage. So just pouring my time and resin into that domain will raise the tide on at least half of my roster over time.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

My resin today was spent on the weekly bosses and one Thunder Manifestation. I'll do more Thunder Manifestation until Sara is 80 then it is farming more Emblem Set and converting bad pieces into Noblesse pieces.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

Mostly doing some Emblem piece farming as well, now that I'm more or less covered for Crimson Witch pieces; I had been getting various boss drops to upgrade my support characters by another ascension, but I've finished that for the time being. Also working on getting the last few talent books I need for Klee and Keqing, since I'm being blocked from getting them to 9/9/9 by their (shared) Boreas mat and might as well get the remaining books done in advance. Also gradually chipping away at talent books for the Ganyu rerun that's totally happening please.

I think I might start stocking up on some Inazuma talent books too, but I guess I should probably save most of that till the beta reveals which specific ones are necessary for characters I might want, like Yae.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't started building Raiden (she's still level 20), but after finally getting 36 stars on Abyss I went back to farming Emblem pieces too.

I'm currently building Xiangling, but I'm also running it for Raiden, and to get better pieces for Xingqiu and Mona (and whoever else benefits from it). I also need more artifact fodder, so it all works out.

Just got this goblet a few minutes ago, Xingqiu and Mona will have to slap each other for it. I've been using 4* versions of this with bad substats on both of them.

52VkB3R.png

edit: just got this feather too. Not enhancing either right now as I'm lacking resources, but it was a good day at the farm.

pe1jf1w.png

Last edited:

esserius

Oct 26, 2017

I'm gonna need mats eventually, but after bosses (which now burn a day and half of resin...), it's either Mats or farming Emblem set. Emblem is basically the best general purpose set in the game right now, so unless you need a specific set for a DPS, farming ESF seems to be the way to go. At least, it is for me.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I'm gonna need mats eventually, but after bosses (which now burn a day and half of resin...), it's either Mats or farming Emblem set. Emblem is basically the best general purpose set in the game right now, so unless you need a specific set for a DPS, farming ESF seems to be the way to go. At least, it is for me.

I use my teapot shop resin to get all the bosses done in one shot
Not like I use it for anything else

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium

I'm almost done with Raiden as I got lucky with weekly boss drops so her burst is at 9. After I get it crowned I'll just crown her elemental skill most likely. Raiden is 90/90 and Sara at 80. I'm finishing getting the standard fates for aloy and Sayu and then it'll be back to daily artifacts in hopes of better pieces than my decent ones. Will only do weekly bosses every Sunday and use a transient resin to fulfill the last boss resin requirement. Once I have 10 or so fragile resin I'll spend it all in one go on the artifact domain.

Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017

finally, 1 crown down.

Now only... 6-7 more weeks for the other 2.

Liv

Teyvat Traveler
Aug 20, 2019

Emblem grind still going strong. Raiden is built, Xiangling is re-built, XQ is re-built, Beidou Is finally built. I can continue grinding this forever.. Sara is next in line and whatever good artifact I get will just be sent up the line.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
She still needs to be a better Energy Battery. Especially at C0.
Why especially at C0 when none of her constellations affect Energy Gain for either her or her teammates? I feel like people focus too much on her being a battery and not enough being about burst damage rotation teams because of her resolve stack mechanic.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
Why especially at C0 when none of her constellations affect Energy Gain for either her or her teammates? I feel like people focus too much on her being a battery and not enough being about burst damage rotation teams because of her resolve stack mechanic.
Because she was being sold as a strong Energy Battery and she's just an okay battery at best, and not as good as other options in specific energy intensive comps.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
She still needs to be a better Energy Battery. Especially at C0.

You also said this about her at C2 with Engulfing Lightning:

lel.

My Raiden is C2 and I finally (because I had extra Primos) jobbed on the scam banner (got the weapon). I'm going to use her, but in current team comps she's not replacing anyone.

I'm only talking about her problems because I want people to be wary of pulling unless they just want her (which I did because I'm collecting Archons and I saved a bajillion primos). She's not going to be part of any "meta" teams because of the stuff that's stacked against her. This might, MIGHT change when Yae is introduced. But I'm not holding my breath unless they buff Electro like they buffed Geo.

Again, for Eula she's great. For most other teams... she's... ehhh...

Like, I've seen you post helpful information a decent amount of times across the OTs, and I get tempering people expectations so they don't feel as if they have to pull for characters and extras, but sometimes it's OK to say "I got this one wrong". She's a monster.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Very cool art inspired by the Crimson Witch's story:

"The text/story used in this is taken from a variety of sources. Primarily, from the elegy of the end weapon description. The rest include, crimson witch of flames set, Defender's will (Rostam's set), Pale Flame (stainless bloom) and the Shivada Jade gemstone (quote from Tsaritsa)"​
this is awesome thanks for posting

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
Because she was being sold as a strong Energy Battery and she's just an okay battery at best, and not as good as other options in specific energy intensive comps.
You're kind of proving my point, never mind the fact she actually is good at being a battery and constellations don't change that (if anything it actually makes it worse because she can then kill things too fast to regain energy)- many people focused on just the Energy Gain mechanics and not her package as a whole or what kind of teams you're supposed to make with her. There is a reason she is good in National Team and it's not because she is a good battery, it's because of the high cost bursts in that team boosting damage of every character.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
also, for clarification, perhaps I'm being extra defensive of Raiden because she's become my favorite character, and much like I concede I understand tempering people's expectations, I also don't think it's cool to jump out the window out there super early to say XYZ character "is not ABC levels/can't do/won't do" before things have settled and we can actually see what the characters are truly capable of

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
you were one of the ones talking crazy about Raiden as if she was a chump.

She is a chump, gutted out for constellation fodder
I hate that this is the character that has normalised going beyond c0, and then even beyond c1, for a decent performance
aided by the fact the teams she should be great with at c0 were straight up blocked in order to sell future characters
It doesn't give me hope for the fairness of future units, especially by how much money she will have made them

Up until this point I'd been happy paying for Welkin, because it's a good price compared to the rest of the monetisation in the game, and every few banners with the aid of the in game primos I can pick up someone I want
but now I'm getting the feeling that they're going to continue with this, and move great units beyond the reach of Welkin and f2p by making characters incompatible arbitrarily and constellation locking

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
You're kind of proving my point, never mind the fact she actually is good at being a battery and constellations don't change that (if anything it actually makes it worse because she can then kill things too fast to regain energy)- many people focused on just the Energy Gain mechanics and not her package as a whole or what kind of teams you're supposed to make with her. There is a reason she is good in National Team and it's not because she is a good battery, it's because of the high cost bursts in that team boosting damage of every character.

There are, of course, comps she works in. But again, if the expectation of an archon is to be strong and define the meta for what they provide, Raiden isn't doing that. There are plenty of teams that will out-DPS Raiden teams, unless we're talking hyperwhale teams (which isn't a realistic discussion for most players).

I think we'll really start to notice the energy issues once Floor 12 is no longer using tides that funnel energy into characters.
Like, I've seen you post helpful information a decent amount of times across the OTs, and I get tempering people expectations so they don't feel as if they have to pull for characters and extras, but sometimes it's OK to say "I got this one wrong". She's a monster.
She's a monster at C2, but not for what she was advertised to be. What she needs to be is the best energy battery, not a sub-DPS. She should, as an archon, define the Energy Battery, and be the character other characters get compared against, in that regard. Instead they created a perfect speedrunning character... at C2/3. But that also means her utility is likely going to be overtaken whenever they produce the next Eula or Ganyu (and they will, because that's how this game has tended to work regarding DPS, and that's also how it worked in Honkai as well).

Last edited:

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
She is a chump, gutted out for constellation fodder
I hate that this is the character that has normalised going beyond c0, and then even beyond c1, for a decent performance

Disagree. I was getting decent performance from her at C0, but I get that not everyone has the same standards or notions of decent performance, and I'm likely not as dedicated as a substantial amount of players. I'm just saying I was happy with Raiden at C0.

Can anyone help me with this, please:

question, would R4 Amenoma Kageuchi be better for Ayaka than R1 Blackcliff Sword? I'm assuming so, but thought to ask.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
But again, if the expectation of an archon is to be strong and define the meta for what they provide, Raiden isn't doing that.
People should've stopped having this expectation when Zhongli came out. Zhongli was supposed to be for very specific Geo focused teams but had to be buffed to function as a character playable on his own at C0. Archons are supposed to represent their element and for the most part they do, there is nothing saying they have to define the meta or be the strongest characters.

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
Damn, I'm up to 9 northlander sword billets. At this point I'm considering crafting an r5 kageuchi to switch out with ayaka's blackcliff sword. Wish there was a way to change them into other billets.

Also still leveling up my other characters. Once I finish off the last weekly boss today It's back to collecting heroe's wit until I get sara to 80. Then I'll have to do some domains to get talent books for her and aloy.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
Disagree. I was getting decent performance from her at C0, but I get that not everyone has the same standards or notions of decent performance, and I'm likely not as dedicated as a substantial amount of players. I'm just saying I was happy with Raiden at C0.

Can anyone help me with this, please:
Amenoma - sauce: https://keqingmains.com/ayaka/

That said, The Black Sword will outdamage both.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
People should've stopped having this expectation when Zhongli came out. Zhongli was supposed to be for very specific Geo focused teams but had to be buffed to function as a character playable on his own at C0. Archons are supposed to represent their element and for the most part they do, there is nothing saying they have to define the meta or be the strongest characters.
Venti is not as strong as Kazuha in a lot of comps now, BUT Venti defined the meta for what a good CC unit should be / do and he still embodies that even now. There are better Energy Battery options in most elements other than Electro - Raiden should define the energy battery. She doesn't fulfill that role, despite the promotion of her as such.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Decided to enhance an Atk% sands I got for Raiden out of curiosity.

1vbI9Ra.png

Zp11qOg.gif

Game is like "you sure you don't want to build her already??"

Status
Not open for further replies.