• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I've just done the weekly boss fight of 2.1 and not got any materials I can actually convert for what I need for Raiden.

Have I really just got to wait another week and hope I get something? If so, bloody hell. That's fucking terrible.

What do you mean? If it's for dream solvent thing, you can change the ingredient on crafting menu.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
I got two ashen hearts, which unless I'm mistaken and can't read the menus properly, you can't change into the resources needed to level Raiden's talents...

On PS4 you press Square to change it on the menu so that you can use them. Dunno the equivalent button on PC. It works like the gems converter if you have tried that.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
someone just reached AR60 today (or yesterday or couple of days not really sure xd)

hKDjRPo.jpg

JBO6VrC.jpg

and check out this amazing rewards for AR60

8yytpsttv5n71.jpg

WOOOOOOW

really worth it

source

Last edited:

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
The fishing spots are all static. There are a set amount of fish in each location and once you've fished them all it seems to take something like 3 real world days to refresh. Each location can have fish for both day and night (except one location in Inazuma that only seems to have night fish), so you'll want to change the time at each node - they flip over at 0600 and 1800. This has a pretty good overview of how it works and the fishing locations for each region.
Tysm for this. This is everything I wanted to know and the link is extremely helpful. Much appreciated.

Guess I need to start planning a fishing schedule haha.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
How are you guys fishing that you already have The Catch and refinement stuff. I feel like I'm doing this all wrong. The fish I need for stuff never pop up

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
This week I got my first and only catalyst billet. I'll save it for an emergency.

Csr

Nov 6, 2017
Yeah that makes sense I think. With the damage difference between the weapons you need more offensive support to help. It's impressive that you can do it at around 30s regardless. I've never cleared that fast with one team haha.

Me neither before I got Raiden. I just like Raiden's playstyle a lot and I was lucky enough to get her weapon and a good set and I wanted to see if I could do under 30s with her in different teams in the abyss.

1 abyss buff or slightly more efficient play will make up the difference from using Engulfing Lightning apparently since I was able to get similar times under 30s for all floor 12 chamber first halves with R3 catch and with the exact same team for 12-2-1 and an equally offensive one in 12-3-1 (didn't want to clog up the thread with more of my videos so I didn't post them).

I was surprised to see that Keqing mains has the difference between these weapons at ~10% in their infographic even though others put it at 30% if you have specific stat distribution to take advantage of the weapon stats.

No matter what the difference is at least EL wins the fashion war by a landslide (that is what I tell myself to justify wasting my f2p primos on the weapon).

Peradam

Jan 11, 2018
How are you guys fishing that you already have The Catch and refinement stuff. I feel like I'm doing this all wrong. The fish I need for stuff never pop up
I delayed fishing by a week but got my R5 Catch yesterday. The fish you need are at specific locations (you should switch between day and night for more opportunities), but the way I got to R5 so quickly was by jumping into other people's worlds and fishing there. If you're in the official discord server, there's a fishing channel set up for it.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Does Liyue still got the best music? While Inazuma's music is dope, Liyue is powerful.

I still like Liyue's music the most, yeah. Inazuma's music is great, as always, but I am personally not a big fan of traditional Japanese music and it is obviously heavily influenced by it.

I'm really looking forward to Sumeru and Middle Eastern music influences though.

Oct 27, 2017
So who is wishing for Kokomi? Lets start the hype bandwagon!

Genshin visually is great, diverse in landscapes with good music. Initially climbing system was engaging, gliding too. Nowdays it is Kazuha pump into jump-jump-jump, and unless you hit those jagged concave rocks, it is not even a consideration how to climb on top.

A lot of Genshin's exploration feels like I am uncovering something by myself in the open world. But under the hood, the game has done all the heavy work of navigation, the solution/path getting there is simple, linear and curated, and in the case of wind-boosts, literally pushes the player through the environment to get to the chest. Uncharted mastered feeling like I am exploring/adventuring, but in reality, it is on-rails experience that can only go one-way, with one solution. A lot of those domains were just a linear path -> mobs -> path -> mobs... Last Inazuma one-time domain was a hallway into the combat area, and that was it. There were some minor improvements, like Dainslef quest/domain with obstacles like in some Crash Bandicoot game, and the sliding doors in Inazuma were too, but somehow it remains very basic.

Enemies suck, they are like early MMO mobs sitting there, variety also lacking. A lot of primitive puzzles (seele shepard, lighting torches, stand on platform etc.) that aren't puzzles, just more like spot, participate and you get the reward. Some alternative traversal isn't fluid (drunk boat, spider-man electro things tossing you unconveniently). Thunder island rotating stone puzzle was something I couldn't understand conceptually, but done randomly. The cleansing puzzles, I looked ALL of them up online, don't even know how they work.

I'm really looking forward to Sumeru and Middle Eastern music influences though.

u7j825g281l61.jpg

It should definitely sound more varied and refined compared to what we used to with desert levels in non-ME themed games.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Even characters that look as underwhelming as Kokomi should never be dismissed before they're out. She could be as underwhelming as Yoimiya or she could be a hidden gem like Albedo. It'll all depend on how the whale content creators figure her out.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Even characters that look as underwhelming as Kokomi should never be dismissed before they're out. She could be as underwhelming as Yoimiya or she could be a hidden gem like Albedo. It'll all depend on how the whale content creators figure her out.
Agreed. The good thing about how long banners last is that there's enough time for people to make tests before the rest needs to decide to pull. It's always rewarding to wait.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Some of the "Gee, Raiden is pretty underwhelming" takes that came out on Youtube for the first 3-5 days of Raiden's release are already hilarious in retrospect now that whales have pushed C3 Raiden to basically do C6 Eula damage.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I almost feel like Raiden would have made a better first impression among some if she did more damage at C0, with higher scalings on her normals and skills.

If they'd marketed her as a top tier DPS who could offer party-wide burst buffs and act as a universal battery for her team on the side, I think early impressions would have been kinder.

Just to be clear I've always thought she was great - even at C0. She's my favourite character to play and an absolute powerhouse at C2 and beyond.

She can still do great numbers at C0, but I think if MHY had let all players taste some of that C2 power out of the box, some of the criticism would have been mitigated.

Raiden is fine how she is though. It's her element that needs work. C2/3 Raiden is probably going to outperform the vast majority of DPS units in the game with similar investment... and she's got more utility too.

I think she's a character who will only get better in time. Characters with 90 cost bursts are now on the table, which has got to make her more valuable going forward... to some degree anyway.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I expected Raiden to be my Eula enabler, and she is excelling beyond my expectations. I was hoping for "5-star Fischl" and it's safe to say that she's much more than even that.

I also simply expected her burst to be on Zhongli's level - maybe 100-150k on its own when stacked for damage, but truthfully, Raiden's total burst damage is about 3 times higher than what I expected going in. So not only is she a great Eula enabler and a team energy battery, but her burst makes her Main DPS levels of damage on an Abyss team where I can simply keep cycling bursts.

Peradam

Jan 11, 2018
So who is wishing for Kokomi?
Me, although I'm hoping to win the 50/50 for once.

Some of the "Gee, Raiden is pretty underwhelming" takes that came out on Youtube for the first 3-5 days of Raiden's release are already hilarious in retrospect now that whales have pushed C3 Raiden to basically do C6 Eula damage.
Weren't many of those about C0 Raiden? That's where I settled and she's fine, given that she serves as a support. But C3 is out of reach for many, and my thoughts on unrealistic (for mere mortals) whale showcases are in line with:
Clicks on video
skips to constellation screen
it's C6
close video

begone whales

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019

When you need cons to make a character more than underwhelming, that is underwhelming

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
To be fair, iWinToLose put out 2 other videos before this one showing her at C0.

Here's my opinion on whale showcases:
I'm fine with them if they are clearly labelled and disclaimed
Like if they put C6 in the title and/or whatever the weapon is
Otherwise you're out to mislead people for clicks on an unachievable build for 99% of players

I also feel to not encourage unnecessary spending in people who read this thread they should be labelled appropriately
I don't want people looking at a thumbnail going "oh Raiden is on a level with Ganyu!! I'm gonna spend my primos" when that just ain't true

Status
Not open for further replies.