• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Csr

Nov 6, 2017
Yeah, that's why at first I wasn't sure if it's an actual team or theoritical team since there wasn't any footage of it. The problem with the team, as you said, is the longer rotation needed to reach total damage output. A comp with less rotation time, while maybe the damage between the two is similar (they both have the means to take the Abyss HP sponge down), one can just reach it faster.

In your footage (thanks btw, need to see them in action), your Raiden carry needs two rotation to beat them all. While Beidou team only needs one-rotation + 1 Raiden burst at the end? Damage/rotation looks like it's higher, but it takes too long it ends up losing in clear time in practice. Hmmm...

That said, the flaw in your comparison (If I had to pick one) is that Beidou and Mona shouldn't be on same level investment. Mona is just enabler for Raiden on Raiden carry. She can just wear whatever. Her personal damage contribution aint much and only help amplyfing Raiden dmg with her buff. On the otherhand, Beidou contribution is her personal damage (and according to calc, she's actually the majority of the team damage) and thus Beidou should be build like a Carry even if she's just an off-field DPS. Using a level 70 Beidou and lvl 90 Raiden when Beidou is actually the the majority of damage on that team seems sus. Which I think might explain why there's not enough DPS on your later half of the rotation (before Raiden 2nd burst).

Thank you for the reply.

You are right the fact that the rotation is longer compared to other teams is the same as the fact that you can't utilize your whole team at the same time.

Yes Beidou would have more investment in a Raiden Beidou team and in this case since my Raiden is having larger levels of investment a team focused on buffing her has an advantage but my videos were more to show roughly what I am talking about, the rotation being inefficient, a very rough ballpark numbers comparison and so that someone can tell me if I am missing something important during the run.
I even messed up the Beidou run with a couple of missed normals and getting hit with Bennett (though it was the fastest run out of many clean runs because of a lot more crits I guess), I lost maybe about 4s from those mistakes. So it wasn't really meant to be an exact numbers and clear times comparison. I should have made that clear.

In that spreadsheet with the team comparisons, that Beidou team is winning against more efficient teams (theoretically) than the one I am using, even if the Mona team has some advantages in my runs the difference in clear times is still not justified imo.

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
e-m5ptwx0aifxa50gk0b.jpg

ldklxnk.gif

The adorably akward lesbians might be my favorite sidequest.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Thank you for the reply.

You are right the fact that the rotation is longer compared to other teams is the same as the fact that you can't utilize your whole team at the same time.

Yes Beidou would have more investment in a Raiden Beidou team and in this case since my Raiden is having larger levels of investment a team focused on buffing her has an advantage but my videos were more to show roughly what I am talking about, the rotation being inefficient, a very rough ballpark numbers comparison and so that someone can tell me if I am missing something important during the run.
I even messed up the Beidou run with a couple of missed normals and getting hit with Bennett (though it was the fastest run out of many clean runs because of a lot more crits I guess), I lost maybe about 4s from those mistakes. So it wasn't really meant to be an exact numbers and clear times comparison. I should have made that clear.

In that spreadsheet with the team comparisons, that Beidou team is winning against more efficient teams (theoretically) than the one I am using, even if the Mona team has some advantages in my runs the difference in clear times is still not justified imo.

For me, it's pretty clear that they make Beidou-Raiden burst incompatible is because they don't want this team to be too strong. Like, with what we have now, with gimped rotation, it's already viable. I mean, it's not exactly garbage, no? (Is it the best in practice? Dunno. Probably not). Imagine if these two did synergize well, we would have very efficient killing machines in our hands.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I think I finished every single world quest now in Inazuma.... wow. These were really good. And the Neko one is STILL GOING. Anyone finish it yet? not complaining because 20 daily primos is great.

Csr

Nov 6, 2017
For me, it's pretty clear that they make Beidou-Raiden burst incompatible is because they don't want this team to be too strong. Like, with what we have now, with gimped rotation, it's already viable. I mean, it's not exactly garbage, no? (Is it the best in practice? Dunno. Probably not). Imagine if these two did synergize well, we would have very efficient killing machines in our hands.

I would like to test again without the high low tide mechanic and maybe also after investing into Beidou more but after trying out some teams I was pretty disappointed with this one tbh. I wouldn't recommend it personally to someone who can make a national team variation with Raiden or someone who has a decent enough c0 Raiden to make her a carry but with the level of investment players that have been playing from the beginning have reached the Raiden Beidou team can definitely work well enough anyway.

Axon

Banned
Mar 9, 2020
Are Blessings of the Welkin Moon always available to buy or are they only sometimes in the shop?

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
I would like to test again without the high low tide mechanic and maybe also after investing into Beidou more but after trying out some teams I was pretty disappointed with this one tbh. I wouldn't recommend it personally to someone who can make a national team variation with Raiden or someone who has a decent enough c0 Raiden to make her a carry but with the level of investment players that have been playing from the beginning have reached the Raiden Beidou team can definitely work well enough anyway.

Have you tried Childe/Raiden/Beidou team with Childe acting as the Beidou driver? I'm interested in making Kokomi/Beidou/Raiden team if I lucky enough and got her on next banner (with the assumption Kokomi can fill Childe role, ofc), but if it's scuffed I might give up on that idea.

Csr

Nov 6, 2017
Have you tried Childe/Raiden/Beidou team with Childe acting as the Beidou driver? I'm interested in making Kokomi/Beidou/Raiden team if I lucky enough and got her on next banner (with the assumption Kokomi can fill Childe role, ofc), but if it's scuffed I might give up on that idea.

I don't have Childe unfortunately but damn, I don't know about that team working well together. No buffers aside from Kokomi's weapon, no resistance shred, not gaining anything from resonance, no grouping along with Beidou's and Raiden's burst not being very compatible. Sounds rough.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
I don't have Childe unfortunately but damn, I don't know about that team working well together. No buffers aside from Kokomi's weapon, no resistance shred, not gaining anything from resonance, no grouping along with Beidou's and Raiden's burst not being very compatible. Sounds rough.

Oh yeah, the idea is to use Kazuha as the 4th unit. Resistance shred, buff, grouping will come from him. EC should help a bit with energy particles. No need for dedicated healer slot since she's already one herself. So it's Kokomi/Beidou/Raiden/Kazuha team to be precise. The damage potential has already been calc and it's looking fine. The problem is actual practicality which is yeah, still big question mark.

If putting Beidou-Raiden together means cluncky rotation, I would gravitate toward Kokomi/Sara/Raiden/Kazuha team. But, not sure. At that point, it's probably better to replace Kokomi and just make a Raiden hypercarry team lol.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Honey issued an updated statement and it sounds like MHY really is mad power tripping.

But it does sound like Honey will be gone, the whole Genshin database. MHY wants the whole thing nuked.

Csr

Nov 6, 2017
Oh yeah, the idea is to use Kazuha as the 4th unit. Resistance shred, buff, grouping will come from him. EC should help a bit with energy particles. No need for dedicated healer slot since she's already one herself. So it's Kokomi/Beidou/Raiden/Kazuha team to be precise. The damage potential has already been calc and it's looking fine. The problem is actual practicality which is yeah, still big question mark.

If putting Beidou-Raiden together means cluncky rotation, I would gravitate toward Kokomi/Sara/Raiden/Kazuha team. But, not sure. At that point, it's probably better to replace Kokomi and just make a Raiden hypercarry team lol.

Sorry I totally misread that, to my defense I haven't slept lol.
I thought the team was Childe Kokomi Raiden Beidou.
So how good theoretically is that team you are planning? I mean where does it stand among other Raiden teams?

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Sorry I totally misread that, to my defense I haven't slept lol.
I thought the team was Childe Kokomi Raiden Beidou.
So how good theoretically is that team you are planning? I mean where does it stand among other Raiden teams?

Competitive with Raiden National and strictly better than Childe/Raiden/Beidou/Bennett team (math-wise) since on this we can safely run Kazuha without worrying about healer slot. Losing Bennett atk buff shouldn't be much problem since Kokomi will run TTDS and 4TOM.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Ok I gotta ask because I've seen it thrown around in the thread so much, what exactly is National or National Team? I'm assuming it's a certain group of characters but why are they referred to as such?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Ok I gotta ask because I've seen it thrown around in the thread so much, what exactly is National or National Team? I'm assuming it's a certain group of characters but why are they referred to as such?
I just assumed it was because each of the members were from a different region (Mondstadt, Liyue, Snezhnaya, and Inazuma).

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Trying to decide between 70.1% Crit%/205% CritDMG or 85% Crit%/175% CritDMG for my C3 Hu Tao. Any recommendations? I know the 1:2 rule of thumb, but I'm working with what I've got.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I think I need another "neutral" dps character. Rn I use Keqing, Ning, and YanFei. But the latter two share the same units, and my planned Childe team (who I randomly pulled on his second rate) is going to also use some of those units. It means if both floors are very electro resistant it's kind of tough with Keqing being the focus of one team.

Thinking about Eula or Xiao. I think I like playing Xiao more, but I feel like I would need ZhongLi with him and he's on the other team. Where as all the heroes Eula would need are free. Need to see who gets a rate up first I guess.
I'm ngl, I legit just think it was unintentional and now they don't want to change it because it would mean actually changing Beidou's ult as opposed to "fixing it" as the community keep saying.
Honey issued an updated statement and it sounds like MHY really is mad power tripping.

But it does sound like Honey will be gone, the whole Genshin database. MHY wants the whole thing nuked.
Damn, that sucks. It was the best database, not including leaked content. I hope they don't go after any that don't divulge in leaks. I don't want to have to use their official sites (unless they've stepped up in recent times).
I keep hearing a lot of things, but my understanding of it was that the reason it was called the National team was that it was the most accessible team to players that could clear end game content, and the term originated from other games (in China). That's what Tenten said way back when it first started gaining momentum. So in the case of Genshin it consists of some of the strongest 4*s. Originally it was XQ, XL, Bennett, and Chong. Chong has basically been replaced in all these different 5* variants though.

Last edited:

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
The whole thing with MHY and Honey Hunter suuuuuuucks. That site is the best database for looking up stats or mats for characters/weapons. Is there any way to like, just save a local copy of the whole site? Not just a page at a time?

I'm not sure. Some say it was because most of them were Liyue characters so they were the Chinese national team, but others say t's the national team as in the best around, like the national team would be made up of the best players in the sport to represent the country (in this case the best 4* units in the game).

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
The whole thing with MHY and Honey Hunter suuuuuuucks. That site is the best database for looking up stats or mats for characters/weapons. Is there any way to like, just save a local copy of the whole site? Not just a page at a time?

I'm not sure. Some say it was because most of them were Liyue characters so they were the Chinese national team, but others say t's the national team as in the best around, like the national team would be made up of the best players in the sport to represent the country (in this case the best 4* units in the game).
I got you fam.

web.archive.org

Honey Impact | Honey Impact - Genshin Impact DB and Tools

Welcome to the Honey Impact, Genshin Impact database, tools and guides website.

Shoutouts to this absolute hero, whoever you are.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I've got to be honest, I don't enjoy using Xiao at all and the latest event confirmed that he's just not for me. Same thing happened for a mate. He was one of the reruns he was waiting for, but after playing him... he's not so sure.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

And I hate it, lol.
I don't know how fishing works without adaptive triggers on other platforms, but with them it is a struggle to fish.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I've got to be honest, I don't enjoy using Xiao at all and the latest event confirmed that he's just not for me. Same thing happened for a mate. He was one of the reruns he was waiting for, but after playing him... he's not so sure.
It's interesting that I had the complete opposite reaction. Hated him when he first released, really like him in this. It's mostly because to get optimum damage I found you want to short hop constantly, which mechanically requires me to work a bit more. Genshin is quite a basic (not to be mistaken with easy before anyone explodes again lol) game by nature, so I'm drawn towards the more mechanically interesting characters.

Ofc you can just jump and plunge over and over with him though haha.

What was it that changed your mind for you and your friend?

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Some more progress today, I just made it to the 2nd island you visit in the story after confronting Raiden Shogun the first time. I'll say Ayaka's quest before that was phenomenal. Her character type (big name but lonely and want a friend) isn't nothing new but I think it was done particularily well in her quest.

Inazuma's been delivering, unsurprisingly, and I'm not even done yet.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
It's interesting that I had the complete opposite reaction. Hated him when he first released, really like him in this. It's mostly because to get optimum damage I found you want to short hop constantly, which mechanically requires me to work a bit more. Genshin is quite a basic (not to be mistaken with easy before anyone explodes again lol) game by nature, so I'm drawn towards the more mechanically interesting characters.

Ofc you can just jump and plunge over and over with him though haha.

What was it that changed your mind for you and your friend?

I can't speak for my mate because I can't remember what he said, or even if he explained himself at all (I'm a good friend lol) but for me it's something intangible. It's just the feel.

I'm not enamoured with his animations and I don't love using his skill. It reminds me a little bit of Childe. Switching to his melee form just doesn't make me feel strong... regardless of if I am or not.

I think these Issues are a 'me problem' though and I doubt this rings true for the majority.

The combat event was cool for me because I got to try out several characters I don't have (and outside of the limited character quests). It confirmed to me that, while I love using her skill and burst, I dislike using Ganyu as an actually bow user.

I think if I did go for her in an upcoming rerun she'd end up as a support for me... though it would be nice to be able to whip her out my back pocket as a main DPS for tough content.

Maedhros

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Xiao is broken as hell. My favourite character in the entire game.

One day I'll have his C6... but I won't whale for it, I'll get his constellations slowly and steady. Every time we get a re-run, I'll try to get one of his cons until C6 comes...

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
For people missing blue kois for The Catch, they respawn on the second fishing spot of the Lunar event.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
How good is Xiangling C6? Debating on doing some more pulls. Ended up getting Ayaka at 30 pulls, C2 Baal, C6 Sara and Sucrose, and C5 Xiangling. So far 100% on my 50/50 probably shouldn't push my luck.

Xils

Feb 4, 2020

And I hate it, lol.
I don't know how fishing works without adaptive triggers on other platforms, but with them it is a struggle to fish.

Does the PS version allow remapping?
You can try remapping the skill button to another button and that will change the fishing button too so you can try how it is without adaptive triggers.

But that will also change the shooting in aim mode and anything associate with the skill button to that button because MHY can't be bother to program them separately.

Oct 27, 2017
She is applying electro too fast for her to proc any reactions other than the first hit of the burst and that will be an added 3,5k to your whole team rotation which is basically nothing, your support will probably be the one to proc reactions.

You are probably right, ULT is too much electro applications, but I was thinking more like E doing good reaction damage all the time. It would be the slowest application in the quickswap, so it would trigger reactions.

That water-electro team ekka is talking about, wouldn't that just refresh electrocution, rellying on the Raiden's EM? Or electrocharged damage still doesn't matter in there?

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Just finished equipping levelling Jean to 79 and gearing her up. 4pc Noblesse since I have good pieces for that (that I was initially prepping for Bennett), and no one else on the team has Noblesse yet. Eventually she'll be either 4pc VV or 2 pc Glad, 2pc VV.

I can just sail to any of the islands right? Or do I need to complete some quests first? I need Dendrobium to make bait for the fishing event

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
Right?
I didn't even play on base PS4, but PS4 Pro with already improved loading times, but the jump from Pro to PS5 was still revelatory. The game wins a lot from it. Jumping from region to region or entering and exiting a domain or house is so much less tedious. I always dreaded the game forcing me to enter and exit Angel's Share tavern. Now you barely notice it. Cutscenes, too, start playing immediately and not always have a lengthy loading screen in front and after them.
Best thing is that I can now drop my healer and simply teleport to the nearest statue lol

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
For those who are expressing pain while fishing using a controller, have you experienced it before on any other game? I ask this because the Xbox controller hurts my hand when I play, but the DS4 is a breeze. Even when I tap to get fish. I also have to say that I don't do much fishing. The most I did was yesterday, because of the event. Maybe I'll pay more attention to that feature now.

Also, the way I hold my controller (DS4) is by resting two fingers on the shoulder buttons (R1, R2, L1, L2). While I feel forced to hold the Xbox controller with only one finger on the top, which hurts my hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.