• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Oh yeah, forgot to mention I have Mona and she was who I was originally make my new fourth for Deep Freeze for Ayaka. Better idea than using Bennett or XL?

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, even at C0? I knew he was at C1. Sorry Yunfei and new Diluc, guess those red gems will go to this young man. Figured I should build him anyway as I'm bound to get one more of him eventually, even if from the glitter store. I guess I'd better look him up to see how to play him. I assume his heal is on the burst but I'm not sure how it works because I notice some Bennett's never seem to heal anyone when doing domain runs while some do…
His C1 is definitely one of the best in the game, but even at C0, his healing ticks to fast that it doesn't take too long to access his ATK buff, which is the central point of his kit. He pairs really well with both Yanfei and Diluc so you're good to go.

Give him you're weapon that has the highest Base ATK, and also stack him with Energy Recharge (at least 200%). His burst should practically always be up.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
Sure but I doubt the abyss will be swarming with them. They'll probably be like the Lectors and Heralds in that you'll need to find a way to deal with them on specific floors. And those were far more egregious additions imo. I'd rather they design these challenges on making you be a bit more flexible with your teams than by giving us annoying elemental dps checks. It's not like it invalidates Zhongli either because he still blocks other sources of damage and his resistance shred is not affected at all.
I'm aware, but it's still a lazy design decision. Instead of finding a creative solution, they're just doing the laziest thing possible.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
If you have Raiden C1, Sara's Ult alone gives Raiden about 30 resolve stacks. That said, I was only speaking about Sara + Raiden in a vacuum. On a team built around Raiden, you would obviously funnel Ults into her so you can get as many resolve stacks as possible.

Also, even Raiden's uncharged Ult still hits VERY hard.

Gotcha, thanks.

I'm very happy that Sara Raiden and Kazuha appear to function well together, since Kazuha is my favorite character to play and am excited to try out my new acquisitions!

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
His C1 is definitely one of the best in the game, but even at C0, his healing ticks to fast that it doesn't take too long to access his ATK buff, which is the central point of his kit. He pairs really well with both Yanfei and Diluc so you're good to go.

Give him you're weapon that has the highest Base ATK, and also stack him with Energy Recharge (at least 200%). His burst should practically always be up.
I'd be using him with Ayaka, Raiden, Zhongli. Just trying to figure out who to make my fourth and I know this isn't a great synergy team haha

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Sure but I doubt the abyss will be swarming with them. They'll probably be like the Lectors and Heralds in that you'll need to find a way to deal with them on specific floors. And those were far more egregious additions imo. I'd rather they design these challenges on making you be a bit more flexible with your teams than by giving us annoying elemental dps checks. It's not like it invalidates Zhongli either because he still blocks other sources of damage and his resistance shred is not affected at all.
That's how I'm seeing it too. After the Samurai and Pyro Hypostasis nerfs I'm more chill about potentially bullshit enemies from the beta. If things get too ridiculous they're likely to pull back.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Morganya is a thing. If you have Ayaka, she also pairs really well with Mona.

Also, how dare you disgrace the name of Geo Daddy.

Nope, no Ayaya for me, didn't care for her too much, so I didn't pull. But I'll definitely be on the lookout for future units that may go nicely w Mona.

Bumli 😏

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
E-u5iokVEAEYx5k

E-u5ipWVQAIAlLg

E-u5Y7-UYAYoZUI

E-u2F2OVcAEhVfB

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, okay, I get why they're releasing Childe again now.

Considering if the leaker that was 99% correct with the 2.1 spoilers is correct with 2.2, then Childe's days might be numbered.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
The real solution is... you know... balancing the game. Zhongli is a problem they've created for themselves and now they're trying to stuff the rabbit back in the hat.

That's not to say these enemies are exclusively designed to rob Geo Daddy of his place at the top of the pile, but MHY must look at all the data they have and realise they've made a broken unit.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
The real solution is... you know... balancing the game. Zhongli is a problem they've created for themselves and now they're trying to stuff the rabbit back in the hat.

That's not to say these enemies are exclusively designed to rob Geo Daddy of his place at the top of the pile, but MHY must look at all the data they have and realise they've made a broken unit.
After what happened at Zhongli's release I'm afraid that any balancing of that character is out of the question.

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
All this Raiden and Sara talk... Gaaah I need to stay strong and not buy the bonus gems for C2 raiden. Stay strong! Going for a stronger Raiden is not worth it if I can already clear 36* Abyss with ease... Right? C6 Sara would be nice though.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Gaaah I need to stay strong and not buy the bonus gems for C2 raiden. Stay strong! Going for a stronger Raiden is not worth it if I can already clear 36* Abyss with ease... Right? C6 Sara would be nice though.

It's absolutely not worth it, if you don't really want it.

I wanted it tho.

Oct 25, 2017
wait is ascending Aloy free or something? Is it a bug?
There's a glitch where leveling up Aloy costs only 1 mora, tested it myself, went from 1 to 20, said it'll cost XX,000 Mora, but after clicking, only 1 mora was spent from my inventory.

100 apologems will be distributed when they fix it, but before they do, I suggest leveling her up asap if you want to build her. Shame this glitch didn't happen with some character I actually wanna build. ^^
The Aloy bug is with leveling up; it uses up the books but every time you use an XP book (one at a time or all at once) it costs 1 mora instead of the actual amount. Ascension costs are the same.

They're fixing it tomorrow, I think.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
I actually kind of like the approach of making characters less useful by introducing things they can't do rather than just straight up nerfing them, especially in a game that is supposed to be about characters not being applicable to every situation and needing to pick the correct team.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
All this Raiden and Sara talk... Gaaah I need to stay strong and not buy the bonus gems for C2 raiden. Stay strong! Going for a stronger Raiden is not worth it if I can already clear 36* Abyss with ease... Right? C6 Sara would be nice though.

Stay strong, we don't need that shit!! Getting a c2 could easily cost hundreds of dollars. We have kick ass teams, we clear abyss with 36*. Raiden is great at c0 as is. Getting her to c2 only increases numbers. It only increases numbers when she's doing her super. It's so not worth it. I too was tempted, but it's a dumb bullshit thing that we don't need. Mihoyo tricked a ton of people into this c2, let's stay strong together. We don't need it at all.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
After what happened at Zhongli's release I'm afraid that any balancing of that character is out of the question.

Absolutely. But this is where they've left themselves, scrambling to find a way to reduce his effectiveness.

As MoonlitBow said, I don't hate the idea of making units less effective by bringing new enemies into the mix, but this is what happens when you give a character an 'invincibility button' with 100% uptime.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I stood by Zhongli pre-buff when people said he was terrible, and I'll continue to stand by him if Mihoyo comes for his shield. My loyalty to the geo lord remains as enduring as stone, as firm as the earth beneath my feet. Those who seek to disrupt order hold no sway over me.

It'll be hilarious if this ignites another controversy though. Happy anniversary indeed lol.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Some of y'all really just complain at every angle possible.

It's wild to me how you can complain that healing is trash and shields are too powerful couple pages back but turn around and declare MHY lazy piece of shit when the first leak of a mechanic comes out that bring healing into the meta.

It's the same mentality as the whole Raiden debacle. Quick to pass judgment when there isn't enough information. Now that we know Raiden is balanced and not weak but the outrage machine has already moved on to complain about the next drama.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I stood by Zhongli pre-buff when people said he was terrible, and I'll continue to stand by him if Mihoyo comes for his shield. My loyalty to the geo lord remains as enduring as stone, as firm as the earth beneath my feet. Those who seek to disrupt order hold no sway over me.

It'll be hilarious if this ignites another controversy though. Happy anniversary indeed lol.
Same Geo bro. I'm using Zhong Li no matter what. Enemies that inflict bleed will still be pulverized and turned to stone.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah that whole bleed thing... would be absolutely fine, even through shields, if it didn't apply to the whole team - that part make absolutely no sense, and does seem like a cheapest possible cop out to shake up the meta.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Oh, okay, I get why they're releasing Childe again now.

Considering if the leaker that was 99% correct with the 2.1 spoilers is correct with 2.2, then Childe's days might be numbered.
I haven't clicked on any other spoilers for the story (still mid-Inazuma) but something drew me to this one, and all I can say is..
giphy.gif

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

christina-aguilera-preach-it-girl.gif

I haven't clicked on any other spoilers for the story (still mid-Inazuma) but something drew me to this one, and all I can say is..
giphy.gif

zhongli-genshin.gif

WhisperOfMalice

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I actually kind of like the approach of making characters less useful by introducing things they can't do rather than just straight up nerfing them, especially in a game that is supposed to be about characters not being applicable to every situation and needing to pick the correct team.

It's wild to me how you can complain that healing is trash and shields are too powerful couple pages back but turn around and declare MHY lazy piece of shit when the first leak of a mechanic comes out that bring healing into the meta.

It's the same mentality as the whole Raiden debacle. Quick to pass judgment when there isn't enough information. Now that we know Raiden is balanced and not weak but the outrage machine has already moved on to complain about the next drama.
This is how I see it 🤷🏻‍♂️
Atleast characters like Qiqi are going to have some use now instead of collecting dust. I find it more interesting that some characters excels in one area while other characters excel in others, makes the game more interesting instead of just Zhongli shield unga bunga through the whole game.

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah those enemies seem like bullshit but nothing new I guess xD

Either way they probably won't matter much overall and just be another nuissance in the Abyss like the lecters.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
...Part of me wonders if the "whole team" aspect of the bleed rumors is intended not just as a "soft nerf" to shields, but also to Diona and Bennett particularly, whose healing can only apply to the active team member. Other healers also have single-target healing but also have options for full team healing if they stay on the field themselves, like Barbara, Qiqi, Noelle, and eventually Kokomi. They want ways to try and make people focus less on pure uninterrupted DPS so that the value of maxing out an individual DPS unit becomes more desirable.

Begaria

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not against adding in mechanics that counter shielding. Shielding, as it stands in 2.1, effectively makes your team immortal. Dunno about a whole team DoT that ticks when they're not on the field tho - that seems excessive.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
...Part of me wonders if the "whole team" aspect of the bleed rumors is intended not just as a "soft nerf" to shields, but also to Diona and Bennett particularly, whose healing can only apply to the active team member.

Those are my thoughts as well. A party bleed counters the quick single target healing of Bennett. Meanwhile, Qiqi, Barbara and Kokomi have kits that give group heal which have been out of the meta since the game launched.

But it does mean Jean will be the undisputed tier-0 healer/support lol.

SpookySpice

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 22, 2019
I'm slowly approaching the end of the friendship grind! At least for characters I own. So Amber has officially joined the resin team. Her ult + Raiden's skill does a number on huge enemies!

Current Friendship Party: Sayu 6, Yanfei 7, Raiden 2, Amber 6
Teapot Farm: Xinyan 6, Kaeya 6, Aloy 1
Don't Own: Diluc, Keqing, Childe, Albedo, Ayaka, Yomiya, Sara

No clue what I'll do when I finally max them all. I kinda liked the rotating party and artifacts every month or so. Maybe I'll try to keep that up and hopefully they add an easier way to swap artifact sets between characters >.<

WhisperOfMalice

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Those are my thoughts as well. A party bleed counters the quick single target healing of Bennett. Meanwhile, Qiqi, Barbara and Kokomi have kits that give group heal which have been out of the meta since the game launched.

But it does mean Jean will be the undisputed tier-0 healer/support lol.
My Jean and Qiqi are ready 👀

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
bskkcxbwe9m71.jpg

Ei seemingly does not grant visions directly at all
Was it ever confirmed the other archons gave out visions or was that just the assumptions of humans?

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
Was it ever confirmed the other archons gave out visions or was that just the assumptions of humans?
Assumptions based on NPCs and Kazuha dialogues that speculated that the lack of Electro Visions were an extension of the Raiden Shogun's Vision Hunt Decree.

But there are also characters like Keqing or Klee that believe that their Visions are granted by their region Archon regardless of the element.

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
Stay strong, we don't need that shit!! Getting a c2 could easily cost hundreds of dollars. We have kick ass teams, we clear abyss with 36*. Raiden is great at c0 as is. Getting her to c2 only increases numbers. It only increases numbers when she's doing her super. It's so not worth it. I too was tempted, but it's a dumb bullshit thing that we don't need. Mihoyo tricked a ton of people into this c2, let's stay strong together. We don't need it at all.
I'm for sure with you on that, staying strong here! Also we all know Yae is going to be the savior of electro anyway.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017

Yep. As a fellow Zhongli-haver, I'll stand by mah boi.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
User warned: Lazy dev rhetoric

a) Even as a person who has Raiden at C2, she needs work to be the energy battery Mihoyo claimed her to be. She's an okay battery, but not the battery necessary if you want reliable 80 cost rotations, which seems to be how they were promoting her. She's worse than a lot of four stars for specific comps, as energy generation goes. Her Ult hits hard, but only really works if you have supports that make it viable. Neither Zhongli or Venti have caveats. Their Ults and Skills are both very strong and basically independent. They don't need supports to make them work. Raiden is the support that needs a support, ironically enough.

b) Mihoyo is lazy and terrible. It's a gacha game after all. They deserve all the criticism they get, including the criticism about this shield-ignoring enemy. And what's worse, is that this isn't going to actually fix the shield meta, ironically enough. If anything it just makes shields all the more relevant because unless these are the only enemies you're fighting, you still want shields for damage mitigation.

Missingnomer

Nov 29, 2017

Knee-jerk responses from leakers is top shelf content for the Genshin Impact online community. Making enemies that require the player to utilize other characters is a good thing in the long run. Otherwise, once you build 8 characters, you are essentially done playing the game. Enemy variety encourages experimenting and playing with characters that aren't just the 8 best or favorite. Healers like Qiqi and Kokomi will be very powerful against these new bleed enemies, which is great because every decent RPG should have some sort of rock-paper-scissors strategy. Right now, Genshin "meta" is just rock...literally.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
Again, there is a way to fix the shield meta and render it a non-issue, but I sure as hell ain't going to mention it here. I'm happy Mihoyo's too dumb to actually know how to fix their problems. Alternatively, they could just be doing it because they're shit-stirring, who knows.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
bskkcxbwe9m71.jpg

Ei seemingly does not grant visions directly at all
Yep, this confirms my suspicions exactly. Visions are probably a way to prevent dangerous use of the void in the Sea of Quanta. They may be managed by Celestia as a method of control.

Status
Not open for further replies.