• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
really weird that signora died without any exposition on her crimson witch stuff and relation to venti. i know the lore is in the item description but this isn't a from software game. i want the characters to interact

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I liked the ending a lot too even if it felt rushed. Managed to level The Catch to 75 with what I had left of crystal so now I guess I'll go mining and forge some.
TwC6qXh.jpg

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
I legit think the game reached new heights with Inazuma, I enjoyed it more from both a gameplay and plot point of view
Now, if only the game would grant me the electro archon

zeropercent

Teyvat Traveler
May 13, 2020
I don't like Watatsumi Island, too many electro needle puzzles and navigating is a pain 😔 Seirai had better world quests too like the ship and that whole-ass underground dungeon

okita

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind the ending, but I was expecting thicker story that doesn't feel rushed (sincerely I think mihoyo went the cheap gacha way here) , which is what we got.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
Finally reached AR 57. They really need to revise these rewards. It takes months to go up AR levels once you're up there

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
everything they did with Raiden and Yae was great, the problem with the Archon quest was what they did with everyone else.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah... Sara C6 is VEEEEEEEEERY nice with Raiden.

Just did a comparison test in 12-1, completely unbuffed (no resonance or abyss buffs) Raiden (with ass cheeks artifacts, EHHHHH) and level 6 talents, did 45,940 dmg to Nobushi. Then I took my almighty lvl 1 Sara with 3* lvl 1 weapon, buffed Raiden, used Q and baam, 72,282 dmg.

I know it says 60% crt dmg, so, DUUUUUUUUUH, but somehow I expected the system to made that number less tangible than it actually is (e.g. atk/elemental dmg% falling off etc.). Once I gear them up well, set up anemo shred and bennett buff, I imagine Raiden's Q might be quite the nuke.

jRPG

Dec 13, 2017
That makes me want C6 Sara so bad… but when I literally only have a C2 Sara after getting Raiden to C2… it just feels like so much potential pain. I think I need to walk away.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I think Raiden was handled really well in the archon quests and her character story was a nice extension of what they set up there. I hope she gets a second story soon. She's obviously popular and there's room to develop her more.

A second part could almost serve as an epilogue for the whole Inazuma arc.

Kitaj

Oct 30, 2017
Was fairly lucky this weekend, lost the 50-50 to Mona on friday (which I didn't mind because I really wanted her) and today, 30 odd pulls in, I grabbed Raiden Shogun.

Now my team is:
Lv90 Diluc with 4pc Witch
Lv80 Mona with 4pc Noblesse
Lv70 Raiden with 4pc Emblem of Severed Fate
lv90 Kazuha with 4pc Veridiscent

I took Bennet and Xinqqui out for now, and digging the setups :D

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
That makes me want C6 Sara so bad… but when I literally only have a C2 Sara after getting Raiden to C2… it just feels like so much potential pain. I think I need to walk away.

I lost 50/50 and have Raiden at C0 lol, just goes to show how crazy the 4* spread can be.

And yeah, definitely do not chase that dragon, sooner or later her C6 will come.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
Got a free Intertwined Fate from the sakura tree thingy and decided to pull on Shogun's banner to get Sara (I already got Shogun with my first and only 10 pull on this banner).Got a free Keqing instead.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
why you are even raising the catch if you have her own weapon?
To give it to Xiangling and when a Xiao rerun happens he can have the Primordial Jade-Winged Spear she currently has. I did find more ores and got it to 81 so now it's just about getting Xiangling better artifacts to make up for the crit rate loss.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
So basically, a C2 Raiden is a Xiao/Eula/Ayaka tier DPS, a Xingling/Venti level sub DPS and among the best supports in the game, rubbing shoulders with Bennett and Zhongli.

Not bad!

And yeah, I need to research Sara more because people keep calling her clunky and difficult to use, but if she can deliver, I'd be interested in raising her. I've got her at C6 so it would nice if she was useful.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
He made good points about what kind of unit that should work with Raiden.

So Yae needs to have expensive burst (obviously) and be either
- SubDPS with deployable burst, so that Raiden can drive it, or
- MainDPS with long cooldown/downtime, so that she can takes onfield time without losing anything.

Come on Yae, save your Archon!
Or they could just fix Raiden and make her the Elemental Battery they promised her to be.

Oct 27, 2017
Just go mono electro?
Assuming she's Beidou style unit
Raiden/Yae/Sara C6/Jean
Or just EC for taser team
Raiden/Yae/Xingqiu/Bennett

If she's more like Eula then anything should work as Yae is the hypercarry here. But you prob gonna run XQ for easy deployable and high cost unit.
Yae/Raiden/Xingqiu/Jean

Wow, imaginary Yae looks mighty powerful. It's the power of imagination. :(

Somehow it feels like the game is not designed to have more than two of the same element. Going mono-electric is just nope. Resonance isn't great, electro enemies/shields block you, cryo reaction is wasted, some enemies have electro damage reduction, electro reactions overall not as good. It just pays to have either overwhelming amount of reactions (Overvape) or swirl that shit with Kazuha/Venti/Succ. It is free damage, and spreading elements means that some enemies will just get that fast shield-removal or bonus damage. The power has to be overwhelming of such composition, not just equal DPS to "meta" ones, but more to compensate for limitations.

Not going to have C6 Sara anytime soon, perhaps after two good rerun banners...

I got Eula comp, got Overvape, got all anemo heroes for when challenges require groupping/swirl. Raiden is enabled. Need Ganyu to enable some cryo-carry/freeze compositions now (and Mona).

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah like, people saying "just get her C2 4Head"
As if that's attainable for F2P or even ok
Here's the other thing about Raiden C2 though.

It improves her Burst damage such that it's a significant amount more than Fischl or other options, but it doesn't make her a better battery. Which means she still has all the problems she had before, she just does a lot more damage. C2 doesn't fix her fundamental problems; it's just copium.

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
First I pulled on the scam banner and got Engulfing Lightning with the first 10 pull, then I went for Raiden cons. Two things I haven't chased at all prior to this. I am part of the problem. A part of me didn't want to post this as to not encourage chasing constellations, but I must have burned through a years worth of luck on these banners so I probably won't get the chance to do this again for a while.

E-fPOgCXsAIvlbL

But seriously, don't chase cons as a F2P or low spender. Spreading the primos out for a larger variety of characters is more interesting and rewarding in my opinion. I only did it because it was Raiden, I'm very satisfied with my current roster, and I'm not interested in the 2.2 rumored banners (because I have the ones I want) or Kokomi. That should give me plenty of time to save for Yae (unless the beta is a lie and they surprise drop her in 2.2), or the next character I want.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
Somehow it feels like the game is not designed to have more than two of the same element. Going mono-electric is just nope. Resonance isn't great, electro enemies/shields block you, cryo reaction is wasted, some enemies have electro damage reduction, electro reactions overall not as good. It just pays to have either overwhelming amount of reactions (Overvape) or swirl that shit with Kazuha/Venti/Succ. It is free damage, and spreading elements means that some enemies will just get that fast shield-removal or bonus damage. The power has to be overwhelming of such composition, not just equal DPS to "meta" ones, but more to compensate for limitations.

Not going to have C6 Sara anytime soon, perhaps after two good rerun banners...

I got Eula comp, got Overvape, got all anemo heroes for when challenges require groupping/swirl. Raiden is enabled. Need Ganyu to enable some cryo-carry/freeze compositions now (and Mona).
Morganya is a thing.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna vent a bit about the story now that I had a bit of time to finish everything off and think about it for a bit.

Inazuma has done world design and side-questing really well. The best of the game so far.

But it's probably the worst main story we've gotten as an actual narrative (funnily enough this seems to be the actual thing CN is complaining about, not Raiden). The presentation is great though nothing to really match Osial's final encounter or even the moments with Venti and Stormterror in terms of spectacle/resolution. But the actual plot is too rushed. Too many timeskips within narrative beats that makes everything feel completely hollow and rushed. The sense of time that is supposed to be passing between the events, especially around Teppei and the Resistance aren't properly conveyed at all, it just feels like you walk 5 feet from quest marker to marker and suddenly you're told that seemingly days have gone by... when?

I dunno what even happened with the pacing, it was all over the place for this story and I don't know why they needed to finish it *now* aside from needing to ASAP sell us Raiden. 2.0 intro is slow paced, maybe too slow. 2.0 Act 1 and start of Act 2 is a nice intro to Inazuma and the actors involved. But then when you hit the resistance, the plot starts accelerating to almost comical degrees and that completely shatters the sense of involvement and it just goes down hill from there in 2.1.

I think this is one of the most obvious failings. How Kazari is handled over a long quest chain of involvement and interaction vs. Teppei showing up for 30s for three quest beats about how much AWESOME SHIT he did off screen while we were doing... nothing? We were running around doing menial tasks while, off screen, Teppei was apparently doing all this other stuff. Part of this is hampered due to the constant time skips between steps of the lore but its also a problem because we're only told about this stuff but nothing is shown.

What does Swordfish 1 even do...? We go do some menial tasks, beat up some ronin, and then its over time to go to siege the capital. What?

There's a lot of "cool scenes" in 2.1 but the plot is vacuous. They should have had 2.1 be more set-up and build up, some minor confrontations and pay-off, and build up to a conclusion after we've actually had some time with the characters. Kokowho? Resistwhat?

There's also just some obvious "tell don't show" problems going on which come from the blazing pacing that leaves no time for details to come up naturally:
Yae basically info dumps on us two times to wrap up the story. Which is just not good story telling. We just stand there and she narrates all of the missing plot details to make stuff make any sense at all. This is really not a good way to tell a story. And then when we finish, she just says "okay you're done, time to go to Sumeru".

Is Yae Miko the developer?

The raiden training is also the dumbest thing in the story. Did no one test this and how fire/rain/a fly tapping your shoulder can result in just failing randomly? The training was harder due to burning grass than the actual final fight which was a total pushover, they should have included some grass in the final battle to really up the challenge.

The end of the arc also really just glosses over a lot of the outstanding issues in Inazuma that just get brushed off. Liyue had a similar "off screen resolving the problems" with the Adepti and human conflict which was just unceremoniously resolved on the side. This is another case of more Acts would help clean up the details on the periphery.

----

Also, funnily enough, I actually have come around to liking Seirai Island quite a bit and don't really like Watasumi Island, Wata has a really good impression but after navigating it and clearing it out... it's kinda lifeless. But both of them are kinda empty aside from the main attraction. They also feel kinda rushed out in terms of actual density of stuff in them.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently CN's getting louder over the Baal Beidou stuff

I dunno about this, I think this is Reddit lens looking for their outrage. I haven't really seen the conflux of outrage after the first day of drama.

CN is more upset with the story. I think Raiden is generally liked.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
I'm gonna vent a bit about the story now that I had a bit of time to finish everything off and think about it for a bit.

Inazuma has done world design and side-questing really well. The best of the game so far.

But it's probably the worst main story we've gotten as an actual narrative (funnily enough this seems to be the actual thing CN is complaining about, not Raiden). The presentation is great though nothing to really match Osial's final encounter or even the moments with Venti and Stormterror in terms of spectacle/resolution. But the actual plot is too rushed. Too many timeskips within narrative beats that makes everything feel completely hollow and rushed. The sense of time that is supposed to be passing between the events, especially around Teppei and the Resistance aren't properly conveyed at all, it just feels like you walk 5 feet from quest marker to marker and suddenly you're told that seemingly days have gone by... when?

I dunno what even happened with the pacing, it was all over the place for this story and I don't know why they needed to finish it *now* aside from needing to ASAP sell us Raiden. 2.0 intro is slow paced, maybe too slow. 2.0 Act 1 and start of Act 2 is a nice intro to Inazuma and the actors involved. But then when you hit the resistance, the plot starts accelerating to almost comical degrees and that completely shatters the sense of involvement and it just goes down hill from there in 2.1.

I think this is one of the most obvious failings. How Kazari is handled over a long quest chain of involvement and interaction vs. Teppei showing up for 30s for three quest beats about how much AWESOME SHIT he did off screen while we were doing... nothing? We were running around doing menial tasks while, off screen, Teppei was apparently doing all this other stuff. Part of this is hampered due to the constant time skips between steps of the lore but its also a problem because we're only told about this stuff but nothing is shown.

What does Swordfish 1 even do...? We go do some menial tasks, beat up some ronin, and then its over time to go to siege the capital. What?

There's a lot of "cool scenes" in 2.1 but the plot is vacuous. They should have had 2.1 be more set-up and build up, some minor confrontations and pay-off, and build up to a conclusion after we've actually had some time with the characters. Kokowho? Resistwhat?

There's also just some obvious "tell don't show" problems going on which come from the blazing pacing that leaves no time for details to come up naturally:
Yae basically info dumps on us two times to wrap up the story. Which is just not good story telling. We just stand there and she narrates all of the missing plot details to make stuff make any sense at all. This is really not a good way to tell a story. And then when we finish, she just says "okay you're done, time to go to Sumeru".

The raiden training is also the dumbest thing in the story. Did no one test this and how fire/rain/a fly tapping your shoulder can result in just failing randomly? The training was harder due to burning grass than the actual final fight which was a total pushover, they should have included some grass in the final battle to really up the challenge.

The end of the arc also really just glosses over a lot of the outstanding issues in Inazuma that just get brushed off. Liyue had a similar "off screen resolving the problems" with the Adepti and human conflict which was just unceremoniously resolved on the side. This is another case of more Acts would help clean up the details on the periphery.

----

Also, funnily enough, I actually have come around to liking Seirai Island quite a bit and don't really like Watasumi Island, Wata has a really good impression but after navigating it and clearing it out... it's kinda lifeless. But both of them are kinda empty aside from the main attraction. They also feel kinda rushed out in terms of actual density of stuff in them.

I fully agree. I feel everything felt rushed and when it was over I was like "what? Thats the last act??"

Oct 27, 2017
Morganya is a thing.

I got half of it, at best :(

I am building the bank, got like 40 days of welkin, so if Ganyu isn't in 2.2, I will have enough. Ganyu or Yae would be a though choice, but I think unless Yae goes on the T0 as DPS, Ganyu is preferable.

I'm wavering again. Raiden is too cool

Your choice is:
• Some more burst damage for the hero that is already cool
• Two limited 5*: Kazuha + Yae, or whatever you choose (+ burning less 4* dups, and perhaps even unlocking a new good 4*)

In my calculations, you would increase the base Raiden's fun by no more than 30% going for C2. Meanwhile, you would lose 100% + 100% fun from those two other 5*.

Last edited:

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I dunno about this, I think this is Reddit lens looking for their outrage. I haven't really seen the conflux of outrage after the first day of drama.

CN is more upset with the story. I think Raiden is generally liked.
wasn't talking bout reddit stuff. And no question, the story is a big outrage point, but it's definitely a point of contention for folks with beidou. Mostly those who aren't trying to pull for C2 raiden.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
wasn't talking bout reddit stuff. And no question, the story is a big outrage point, but it's definitely a point of contention for folks with beidou. Mostly those who aren't trying to pull for C2 raiden.

Ah fair. C2 stuff has been a bit of a mess on the discussion given the high volume of C2 owners apparently, lol.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017

----

I do think that, from the beginning, the entire plot should have revolved around the Raiden Shogun and her inner turmoil, rather than the resistance. The resistance stuff should have been a side story, and never really should have been the focus to begin with. In other words, let us get to know a few characters, genuinely relate and empathize with them, instead of dumping a lot of characters on us and then unceremoniously dropping all of them.

"Hey look, here's Sara" Three lines later. "Guess we're done with Sara, wheeeeee." Proceed for the same thing to happen to Thoma, Gorou, Kokomi, Kazuha...

The fatui are also entirely uninteresting in this arc. Like cool, they're here, they're doing the evil, great. That shit is side story though; it has no impact, especially given it all gets resolved immediately once Raiden gets involved. The irony is that we get more information about Ei's backstory in text and in outside references than we get in the actual game.

Also, the weekly boss fight should have been Raiden in that reality marble, NOT Signora. I don't care if she's unceremoniusly killed off if you're just going to have it happen in a cutscene anyway. She's a footnote in this story and it's nonsensical that she's here at all, given Scaradouche got the gnosis anyway.

I do agree though. There's just a lack of focus that permeates all the storytelling in Genshin right now. Pick some characters Genshin writers, and STICK WITH THEM. In my opinion, the entire story should be one that revolves around the Archons, rather than all the menial stuff that's also happening in the world. That stuff is side story, there to give texture to the world and its conflicts, but it's not the crux of the story. The brother sister stuff isn't the story anymore, and should just be dropped entirely. They should just be reunited and the story instead should be focused on Celestia and the Archons.

It's like, "Hey guys, I have this amazing story. The protagonist never says anything and the game's narrated by a diaper baby! And then we have 40+ characters that are all in the story for roughly ten sentences each. BRILLIANT!" "But then, we also have 7 characters that are really interesting and have a deep and personal involvement with the world." "So then... why aren't they the focus...?" "SHUT UP! DIAPER BABY! SHINY 10 VOICE LINES!"

Last edited:

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
If that ever happens, with Sara's C6 and Benny/Kazooha - such a team will slap H A R D.

If MHY is gonna do anything, it's that, but direct buffs to Shogun? I'm still of an opinion there's no chance in hell.
Yeah, I'm not holding out much hope. Raiden's just gonna be the poster character for Electro. Which is to say, bad at worst, average at best.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK

Don't get me started on his videos.

Edit: Just to touch on the story. I enjoyed it and it had some hype moments, but the storytelling in GI is so underwhelming 99% of the time. I preferred Inazuma to both Liyue and Mondstadt in terms of narrative, but MHY appears to have no idea how to tell a story. You know everything is going to be rushed, characters are going to come in and out as if on a conveyor belt and it's going to fail to build any real tension.

GI has a beautiful world, some good music, fun combat and, at its best, some cool characters. The lore is also pretty interesting. But the moment to moment storytelling is just so dull. Half the storytelling is done on the cheap with tons of exposition text and talking heads, yet it's still disappointing. You know when you get some subtitles at the bottom of the screen that you can't control, you might see something cool, but it's always fleeting.

I have enjoyed parts of the story and I think there's some good ideas here and there. But I'm resigned to the fact it's mostly thin connective tissue to keep players moving through the world to hoover up trinkets.

All that said, despite having some obvious flaws, Inazuma felt more engaging to me than the other arcs so there's that.

Last edited:

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
Baal is going to get buffed like Zhongli. Only a matter of time with this outcry.
I highly doubt it. They've basically already gotten away with it and they'll just give the community something new to chase and it won't matter anymore.
Don't get me started on his videos.
His videos are very good when discussing the power of characters and their place in the current game. Raiden is an average at best support and in almost all team comps there's a better alternative that requires way less investment to get better results.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
lmao at the narrative of MHY "getting away with it". It's unfortunate all the internet Karens were held at gunpoint to pull for Baal the minute the banner is out. If only the banner lasted for a few weeks so people that care about meta can decide whether to pull the character or not.

Also how dare they change a character's kit from closed beta?! Shameful! Calling gacha's manager right this moment!

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I highly doubt it. They've basically already gotten away with it and they'll just give the community something new to chase and it won't matter anymore.

His videos are very good when discussing the power of characters and their place in the current game. Raiden is an average at best support and in almost all team comps there's a better alternative that requires way less investment to get better results.

Not really talking about his discussion points, but let's just leave it there...

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
I gambled with one last 10 pull and C2 Sara appeared, now I can save :D
Been trying Raiden comps all day and so far I really enjoy playing Raiden + Sara comps, they work really well even without Sara being C6. Most of those comps are easy 36* Abyss.

I do hope though that future characters open up more Raiden comps. Yae + Raiden would be cool.

I've been testing the same comp as you, just with C6 Sara, and it's bonkers, even with my sub-par artifacts on Raiden and Sara being there at lvl 1 just for C6 buff. I'm guessing if I invest in Sara and combine both her and Bennett's buff with Kazuha's shred, Raiden is gonna melt everything.

Another comp I've been playing with is Childe, Fischl, Raiden, Kazuha - basically change Beidou for Raiden, works very well, do your bursts, go ham with Childe (burst as well), then while his cooldown starts, switch to Raiden and continue your onslaught.
100% invest in Sara if you have her at C6, the burst damage alone is bonkers. Seen some 100k on multiple targets in some vids with this comp. That's great for something you mainly use to buff another character.
I've also switched Bennett with Jean and that is also working great. Her DMG is almost making up for the Bennet loss, almost. One more Jean and I have 40% res shred which should do wonders for Kazuha too.

And I also gave Childe + Raiden + 2 randoms a go. Those are my fastest Raiden comps so far with Childe, Raiden, Bennet and Xiangling taking the lead.

I have been enjoying Raiden, Eula, Xingqiu and Bennet a lot, i don't know if it's particularly meta but it sure does kill shit real fast.
Yeah that should do work, but no Eula for me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.