• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
What characters are you guys pulling for now that Raidens banner is finally here?

mine will probably be Yae if she has a cool gameplay kit, Baizhu and Dainsleif. Ofcourse other male characters like Itto and Ayato interest me too but we haven't even seen models of them yet.
Yae, if and when she comes. Other than that? Saving for Archons.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
She will probably have her own story quest in three weeks if nothing else?

Yeah I know, but it's going to have to do a lot of heavy lifting after her story role ended before it began. I was just disappointed with how much screen time she got.

I wasn't going to pull for her as I was focused on Raiden, but I'm just sad that they missed a chance to maker her cool.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
The number of times people say "Hehe" in the story, especially people in positions of power, is...ugh.

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
I was initially planning on pulling for Kokomi this patch too, but aside from her great art/animations she does not look to be a must-pull (especially when I already have Mona). Storywise, I am waiting for her character quest before I make any final judgments, but as of now she isn't exactly one of my favorites. On the flipside, Yae has shot way up my list. If shes 2.3, I will start saving now.

Call me crazy, but I am also holding out hope that we see Dendro sometime relatively soon so I will also be saving for Baizhu. I might end up rolling for Ganyu too if she is one of the re-run banners, but if not I may just skip all of 2.2.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
My friend who plays on mobile wants me to get Aloy for her, can I create a PSN account and link it to her account to get it?

Create a brand new PSN account to avoid any linking with your own, then launch Genshin when signed into that new PSN account, then when prompted go through the linking process (enter the other accounts email then wait for code to be emailed, enter code into PS Genshin and link). Might have to click the button to request the code a few times as it wasn't working right for me unless I hit it a bunch...

Naha-

Feb 6, 2019
I'm going to save for Yae but if we get a cool guy soon, I might roll for him. My Zhongli it's getting lonely surround by girls in my teams.

Also I managed to unlocked The Catch. I hate the fish RNG so much.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone on the NA server want to set up a day/time where I can come into your world and ransack your fish? Can return the favor by letting you in to harvest whatever stuff you want. I just want to get those fishing rods and The Catch asap lmao.

What characters are you guys pulling for now that Raidens banner is finally here?

mine will probably be Yae if she has a cool gameplay kit, Baizhu and Dainsleif. Ofcourse other male characters like Itto and Ayato interest me too but we haven't even seen models of them yet.

Archons and whatever cute guys happen (since they are going hard on the ladies I should have plenty of time to save from now on). Baizhu is definitely high on my list.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
Yae because lore

Thoma, Ayato and Mr Detective because they sound cool

Itto for the memes

and then waiting until Sumeru to get Cyno and Dendro Archon

My personal collection goal is to get each Archon and the characters that appeared on the Teyvat Story Chapter trailer.

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
I'm trying to think of who I want to pull for now that I got Raiden nice and cozy and leveled up.

Albedo would be great, I wouldn't mind c1 Hu Tao... Yae seems neat, if her kit is interesting and she works well with Raiden (...can't imagine she wouldn't) then I'll focus on her.

Honestly, Yae is the big one I'm saving up for unless there's a big surprise. Cyno (Sumeru character) has a cool design so maybe I'll just mega save for him to come out in like... a year? 9 months? ...unless he's a pyro main DPS. I really hope that thing on his belt isn't a pyro vision cause I'm so so so so so tired of pyro and cryo main DPSes.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018

Yae depending on her gameplay. Other than that, just wait and see... And stack primos.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Best thing about Raiden is that she doesn't talk during her idle animations

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Yanfei does a whole Nicki Minaj rap if you stop for 2 seconds, I played with her so much that I find it endearing now.

nss

Apr 10, 2018

Characters I want because I wasn't playing when they were available:

Kazuha > Eula > Zhong Li > Hu Tao (> maybe Ganyu, I love the high DPS, but I'm very meh on bow gameplay, especially charge bow attacks)

New characters I may want:

Maybe Yae, I loved her in the story and her voice actress is great, but Electro feels like a non starter, since 1) I already have so many electro characters 2) the further world level you get the more tankier everything is, exposing the flaws in electro reactions making me lean towards the Ganyu, Hu Tao's of the world.

I think Scaradouche is a loser, Kokomi seems pretty meh. Thoma looks pretty neat though, but more Pyro polearms 🤦‍. I'm not really familiar with who else is coming.

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
Got Raiden to 90 and added her to my overworld team. Look forward to having an opinion on her gameplay before too *too* long.

I'm back on my spend-one-save-one program & so i've been throwing a few wishes at the weapon banner. Likely to hit pity this cycle. Keeping my expectations low.

But for the future? Yae and Baizhu.

If she had been made to see the light in some way, or had shown she cared or understood the consequences of her choices at all -- any kind of proper reflection on her actions beyond, 'well you won so I guess I'll undo the decree and think on how to achieve eternity in other ways' -- then it wouldn't have bothered me as much as it did. Alternatively, I also wouldn't have a had an issue with leaving her morally grey and unremorseful if they hadn't treated her like everything was forgiven and alright after the fact. This middle of the road approach just completely fails for me.

And Venti definitely isn't perfect, but the difference between Baal and Venti is we see the suffering of Inazuma first hand and how many feel oppressed and unhappy with her. Venti is a lazy lay about who has failed to act timely in the past, but his people still love him and we actually see him, in the game, act to fix things when brought to his attention. That's more than can be said for Baal atm.

Agree with everything you said about Raiden.

But i suspect that you're wrong about Venti. Everyone *says* Venti is an absentee archon but he's always around, he just doesn't announce himself. I know he's had periods where he slept, etc. but i have the impression he's more present than his reputation gives him credit for.

How diverse and evenly split the cast was with male and female characters is pretty much the whole reason why I picked up Genshin in the first place,

Ditto. I can only hope that by the time i'm mad enough to quit something better has come along.

With games, something usually does.

Turns out that crowd of players who came just for a colorful and diverse cast of characters, fun story, and open-world exploration also don't give Mihoyo the thing it needs... whales.

My cynical self has entertained the same suspicion. :/

I'd actually find it interesting if they added a playable small boy. But that's another thing they seem to see as girl-exclusive.

This is another reason why even though the kids in Genshin strike me as adorable in a (mostly) wholesome way, my side-eye is near-permanent.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have 70 5-star artifacts for Raiden.

I can only get her to 50% crit rate/80% crit dmg, rofl.

This fucking game is dumb. Just so dumb.

This is literally the best feather I have out of 11 5-stars.
Ajm0uGU.png

DEF every time.

My flower?
2021-09-03_16_28_31-Genshin_Impact.png

OH BABY

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Im not worried about that. You can even apply the buff away from enemies. She doesn't do passive electro damage so its fine.

Can't use Bennett though because his ULT would heal Hu Tao, and she has to stay < 50% HP.

Ahh forgot about her need to stay below 50. In that case, yeah I think yanfei/klee with dragon tales would be very good, slap Xingqiu and Kazuha/Venti and you have a kickass team.

I have 70 5-star artifacts for Raiden.

I can only get her to 50% crit rate/80% crit dmg, rofl.

This fucking game is dumb. Just so dumb.

This is literally the best feather I have out of 11 5-stars.
Ajm0uGU.png

DEF every time.

Don't even get me started. I have 163 Severed Fate pieces, and only fuckin' OOONNNEEEEEEEEEEE is good. Raiden and her weapon are lvl 90 and I can't utilize her well without artifacts.

Oct 27, 2017
Characters that are released that i want badly:

Ganyu
Eula
Zhongli
Hu Tao (prob C1 cuz it sounds like she goes insane after that?)
Xiao (prob my fav male design in the game)
Venti

I need a lot of these great chars I missed out on... Although Venti's Japanese voice actor really bothers me so I might skip on him if I can sub Xiao or whoever

Oct 27, 2017
Characters that are released that i want badly:

Ganyu
Eula
Zhongli
Hu Tao (prob C1 cuz it sounds like she goes insane after that?)
Xiao (prob my fav male design in the game)
Venti

Define how much wanting the character translates into dollars? :)

Out of all the things, I only want Ganyu, and that is mostly because of overpowered Cryo carry role.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm saving for Eula now. As much fun as Raiden/Xingqui/Bennett/Xiangling is, it's taking away 2 support from my Childe team, so no deal. I want to make an Eula/Beidou/Raiden/Diona team.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I would pull for:

• Ganyu rerun please free me from this curse already (I've stated this enough times already, right) (I need you Childe rerun leak readers to confirm that it does not contradict the leaked Ganyu rerun please)
  • Zhongli rerun because I too want to not have to eat tons of food after I fail to dodge
  • Kazuha rerun?
  • probably Yae if she's post-Ganyu rerun and interesting enough in practice
  • characters that are were not in the main story but are interesting gameplay wise; I don't think any of the other already seen Inazuma characters are interesting to me...
EDIT:
  • if Alice is ever playable, I will bring Klee the stability she deserves

Last edited:

ap_2

Jan 23, 2021
No real plans here. I still have about 22K primos banked, not interested in the reruns or fake mimi, Itto could be interesting, still holding out for Varka and Baizhu. All mhy would have to do to get me hype is drop even a scrap of info about when dendro might be coming.

I guess if they re-ran Kaz I would go for it.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting, Mihoyo announced a Tokyo Game Show presentation, its supposed to be almost an hour lang:

53scdekvlcl71.png

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
E-Y0jcXWYAEaFhl

Seirai Island was pretty fantastic. Mihoyo has some of the best open world designers out there.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ahh forgot about her need to stay below 50. In that case, yeah I think yanfei/klee with dragon tales would be very good, slap Xingqiu and Kazuha/Venti and you have a kickass team.

Don't even get me started. I have 163 Severed Fate pieces, and only fuckin' OOONNNEEEEEEEEEEE is good. Raiden and her weapon are lvl 90 and I can't utilize her well without artifacts.
It's so dumb that someone with WAAAAY less resin investment could have far better artifacts out of sheer luck. And we have no way to farm artifacts except with resin.

I really don't have a single character with good artifacts. Even my Hu Tao, who benefits from endless farming for the witch set, has average artifacts at best.

Oct 27, 2017
Define how much wanting the character translates into dollars? :)

Out of all the things, I only want Ganyu, and that is mostly because of overpowered Cryo carry role.
Hahahaha.... ha........ i dunno i might at most drop 100 on a gem pack for the rest of the year

I am 72 into pity on the char banner tho so that means something probably until i lose the 50/50 and scream

WhisperOfMalice

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Ganyu rerun please free me from this curse already (I've stated this enough times already, right) (I need you Childe rerun leak readers to confirm that it does not contradict the leaked Ganyu rerun please)
Latest leak point to the reruns being Hutao and Childe :/
Interesting, Mihoyo announced a Tokyo Game Show presentation, its supposed to be almost an hour lang:

53scdekvlcl71.png
An hour you say? 👀 praying for the day they finally expand the endgame content 🙏

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
I'm saving for Eula now. As much fun as Raiden/Xingqui/Bennett/Xiangling is, it's taking away 2 support from my Childe team, so no deal. I want to make an Eula/Beidou/Raiden/Diona team.
Eula is ok.. I wish mine did the crazy numbers some people do.

I love running Raiden Xinqu Zhongli Kaz.. Their Ults are up basically all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.