• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
Time to check out this patch

085c1a145c07ba5a387dbcbcb642f06f.gif

Oct 27, 2017
The objective character preference remains the same:
Buff men > all types of women > men > girls > boys

Ain't interested in ANY male character who looks younger than Xiao.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I'd actually find it interesting if they added a playable small boy. But that's another thing they seem to see as girl-exclusive.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wow.... I guess they went back and changed the pronouns of the Dendro Archon to be female now instead of male (reflected in Ganyu's dialogue lines about them). I'm genuinely really disappointed by this, especially if it means the remaining four archons are all gonna be female. 😞
I noticed that already at the end of the Inazuma story quest. At first people were debating whether this Lord Kusanali was actually the dendro archon or another Sumeru deity, but I if they now also changed Ganyu's text referring to the dendro archon from "him" to "her", then Kusanali must be the dendro archon and she must be female. :/

I have no idea why Mihoyo thinks they have to skimp this much on male characters. Even retconning characters' sex now. By all accounts male characters appear to be just as popular sales-wise as well as social media-wise.
Damn... I noticed that Kusanali reference too but I was hoping she wasn't the archon. That'd be some bullshit if Zhongli ended up being the last male archon we got. Here I was hoping that if they introduced a buff model with Itto that the dendro archon might use that model... I mean I know Baizhu the dendro king already exists but still. ;_;

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Gosh, Yoimiya and Baal is such a fun duo.

Already seen vids of people clearing Abyss with the duo, good enough for me. True fireworks comp here we go.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Don't have Raiden levelled beyond like 22 at the moment (team is mainly 60-70) but I had her on for easy sakura collection, and had her skill going as I went into a fight using Xingqiu and Ayaka a.. and I think I'm in love.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Alright, finished the story.

It was alright I guess. Scaramouche and Kazuha were the best part. Yae has grown on me a little but I'll never be a fan of that personality type.
My problem s that everything felt so abrupt and unearned. The Resistance was just there. Sara is just there. Signora gets bodied with virtually no build-up. Ei makes a quick change, just abolishes the decree and everything is fine??? No one is mad? Does nobody try to overthrow her tyrant ass? Am I supposed to understand or feel sorry for her? She gets nowhere near the backstory or buildup or interest the other 2 Archons have had. Thoma and Ayaka do mostly nothing in this 2nd half. Everything in Inazuma feels rushed which is strange since they had like a year to get it out. Genshin really needs some better writing.

Oct 27, 2017
Alright, finished the story.

It was alright I guess. Scaramouche and Kazuha were the best part. Yae has grown on me a little but I'll never be a fan of that personality type.
My problem s that everything felt so abrupt and unearned. The Resistance was just there. Sara is just there. Signora gets bodied with virtually no build-up. Ei makes a quick change, just abolishes the decree and everything is fine??? No one is mad? Does nobody try to overthrow her tyrant ass? Am I supposed to understand or feel sorry for her? She gets nowhere near the backstory or buildup or interest the other 2 Archons have had. Thoma and Ayaka do mostly nothing in this 2nd half. Everything in Inazuma feels rushed which is strange since they had like a year to get it out. Genshin really needs some better writing.

You expected too much. How is this chapter better than others:

• You execute the villain, she no longer escapes like in Pokemon, and it is not some no-name farmer with a mask
• You meet the ally who has an actual plan, even asks you to practice, it is no longer friendship magic where traveler just does everything and Zhongli/Venti/Jean with every single citizen's head relies on your success
• Raiden part is muddy, but I think it is resolved as good as it goes in Genshin or low quality anime. Raiden also knew that the council is manipulating paperwork, which was weird, because then you admit to being a puppet? Yeah it sucks that being sad and lonely or misguided justifies oppression, or some pep talk about eternity, but I will accept it as ok. I think there is enough history about her, even if it is kind of dumped by Yae in exposition only.
• Characters actually doing work, Gorou with Resistance, Kazuha, Sayu stealing docs, Yoimiya with a distraction, Sara confronting her clan/council. They have purpose, and a logical contribution to the story.
• Gnosis is traded for your life, it is not snatched like a school bully grabbing Venti's lunch, or Zhongli just selling it because he is bored.
• Prototype puppet shadows someone being cloned, and sets up a logical path for Signora to return

• Pacing is trash, it is like a rollercoaster of filler pointless quests and "jobs done"
• Kokoki part is pointless, every single instance of her could have been replaced with furry-boy and it wouldn't have made any difference
• Sending you to Sumeru was random. Like Yae just thought about it, and now your entire goal is going to be about reaching it

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I think I'll take a break from the game for now. I had a lot of fun with it, but grinding for stuff to level is already not that much fun, and grinding for artifacts even less so. I'll most likely be back at one point to catch up on story/exploration and what not.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Whoever thought the electro detector things were a good idea should be fired. Such a dreadful mechanic, they were bad enough on the first 3 islands when there weren't many of them but now they're painfully overwhelming

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
It really sucks that the Dendro Archon is apparently now female instead of male. :/ I don't want the rest of the Archons to be female...hopefully they swap either pyro or hydro to be male instead.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
It really sucks that the Dendro Archon is apparently now female instead of male. :/ I don't want the rest of the Archons to be female...hopefully they swap either pyro or hydro to be male instead.

Its actually nice that more people are upset about this than I thought there would be. The lopsidedness is really standing out with the characters.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
30 pulls on that banner and got what I wanted.
rk1YXgJ.jpg

Now to never touch it again and try my luck at C2 Raiden. I already have everything to level it to 90.

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
Sorry everyone, but I feel I need to vent about going from F2P to actually paying due to FOMO. If you don't want to read it, just don't press the button or ignore this message.

I joined the game one month ago. This was also when I joined this thread and the community was super welcoming. Thank you all. You also teached me how the game can be played as a F2P, and I showed my desire to keep at that. The prices always felt super unfair even more compared to the chances of actually getting what you want. And of course, you don't need a character. You don't need a weapon. You get it if you want to. I know that. But still, I feel like I'm being dragged into it every single day.

I don't put all the blame on the game. I know lots of people keep it as F2P, but I also wanted to do that to. The thing is, 1) I'm a person that has problems spending money, 2) I can easily get addicted to things, and 3) my mental state is at an all time low. How low you say? Crying out of nowhere, for no specific reason, low. You combine those 3 things and that Genshin is being the thing that I'm using to cope during this time (my huge mistake), and you can see how I fell into the FOMO. I also have to clarify that I have being dealing with items 1 and 2 for my whole life, and I usually know how to deal with those things. So even by spending $200 on Genshin I'm not spending money I can't spend. I could spend $500 a month and it wouldn't make a dent. Right now you might be thinking "Then why complain? You spent only $200 and you said you could spend $500 a month without trouble." While that is true, I didn't want to spend a penny. And that is the problem. I convinced myself and created several logic breakdowns to prevent me from spending a penny, and even them I spent it.

So how exactly I fell into the FOMO trap? First of, the Battle Pass. I'm waisting my time doing Battle Pass tasks so I can get some Acquaint Fates and primos. I'm also doing daily commissions to get some primos. And focusing on quests to get some primos. And many other things that give primos as well so that I could by some Intertwined Fates. With that, I was able to get something around 90 Intertwined Fates (primos + some other stuff). I didn't want Ayaka and Yoimia so I pulled 30 times on them (10 and 20 respectively). But Ei was another story. I kinda wanted her at the beginning, but the more she was shown, the more I wanted her. And when they announced the top-up bonus was being reset, they finally got me. My mind went insane. I spend several days trying to convince myself I didn't need Ei. That I could get her on a rerun later. That maybe I could get lucky. Nothing of that mattered to me. My body was screaming that it wanted her. So, one day after the top-up reset happened, I bought it. And not only that, I got the Blessing of the Welkin Moon and paid for the Battle Pass as well. "What is $15 to someone who just spent $100?" said my mind. The next day, when I tried to pull for Ei, I lucked out and was able to get her with my 60 Intertwined Fates I got from playing normally. I got what I wanted. So I stopped right? No. Then I pulled some more with the Intertwined Fates I got from paying, and was able to get her to C1. Lucked out again. The thing is, I also got Sara C2, Xiangling to C6 (from C0), Sucrose to C4 (I didn't have her) and Sayu to C1 (from C0). So I was feeling extremely lucky. And used the rest of my Intertwined Fates on the weapon banner. This was my second biggest mistake. I got bad things from those merely 20 pulls and was convinced that I was getting Ei's weapon early because I was really lucky. So I bought the second $100 top-up package. I was only able to get it after 130 pulls total. I was so unlucky that I even had to use my startglitter, that I saved to get Xingqiu C1 and Ningguang C0, to get more fates. And I know it could have gone even worse. I got 3 5* weapons in 130 pulls. It could have happened only on 270 pulls. Which means I would have spent more money, probably. I say that because, after getting a taste of constelations, and I was not caring for them up until those pulls, now I want Ei to go to C2. She is "close" right? "Only" 150 pulls away if I'm unlucky... But my body reaaaally wants it.

kGkI68m.jpg

74SRakW.jpg

So basically, TL;DR: I spent $215 on things that I didn't need, but wanted and lucked out getting it, and was dragged due to my conditions and the game pushing me to it. My body is craving to spend more and I know this is an endless cycle.

As a final note, I'm reaching to people close to me to help me regain control of the situation.

Last edited:

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The Power of new Archon Double bonus

MgXYGfV.jpg
So not counting the normal banner pity destroyers.
There have been 6 male characters and 7 female characters as 5*. And before Inazuma there were more male characters than female.
Y'all acting like your starving but seems there was plenty to eat.

The 4* I think are way more heavily skewed to female. Thankfully we have Thoma and Gorou coming up.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
btw. how do we get the Tuna Claymore? Is it for fishing as well (didn't really do much of that yet)?

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
I think I'm just stupid, because I could have sworn the person from Sumeru they were talking about, Kulina or whatever, was the ruler of the nation (like Ningguang for Liyue) and not necessarily the Archon.

But I guess if they adjusted Ganyu's voicelines regarding the Archon that would be that... I don't have Ganyu so I can't say :p

Last edited:

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Sorry everyone, but I feel I need to vent about going from F2P to actually paying due to FOMO. If you don't want to read it, just don't press the button or ignore this messagem.

I joined the game one month ago. This was also when I joined this thread and the community was super welcoming. Thank you all. You also teached me how the game can be played as a F2P, and I showed my desire to keep at that. The prices always felt super unfair even more compared to the chances of actually getting what you want. And of course, you don't need a character. You don't need a weapon. You get it if you want to. I know that. But still, I feel like I'm being dragged into it every single day.

I don't put all the blame on the game. I know lots of people keep it as F2P, but I also wanted to do that to. The thing is, 1) I'm a person that has problems spending money, 2) I can easily get addicted to things, and 3) my mental state is at an all time low. How low you say? Crying out of nowhere, for no specific reason, low. You combine those 3 things and that Genshin is being the thing that I'm using to cope during this time (my huge mistake), and you can see how I fell into the FOMO. I also have to clarify that I have being dealing with items 1 and 2 for my whole life, and I usually know how to deal with those things. So even by spending $200 on Genshin I'm not spending money I can't spend. I could spend $500 a month and it wouldn't make a dent. Right now you might be thinking "Then why complain? You spent only $200 and you said you could spend $500 a month without trouble." While that is true, I didn't want to spend a penny. And that is the problem. I convinced myself and created several logic breakdowns to prevent me from spending a penny, and even them I spent it.

So how exactly I fell into the FOMO trap? First of, the Battle Pass. I'm waisting my time doing Battle Pass tasks so I can get some Acquaint Fates and primos. I'm also doing daily commissions to get some primos. And focusing on quests to get some primos. And many other things that give primos as well so that I could by some Intertwined Fates. With that, I was able to get something around 90 Intertwined Fates (primos + some other stuff). I didn't want Ayaka and Yoimia so I pulled 30 times on them (10 and 20 respectively). But Ei was another story. I kinda wanted her at the beginning, but the more she was shown, the more I wanted her. And when they announced the top-up bonus was being reset, they finally got me. My mind went insane. I spend several days trying to convince myself I didn't need Ei. That I could get her on a rerun later. That maybe I could get lucky. Nothing of that mattered to me. My body was screaming that it wanted her. So, one day after the top-up reset happened, I bought it. And not only that, I got the Blessing of the Welkin Moon and paid for the Battle Pass as well. "What is $15 to someone who just spent $100?" said my mind. The next day, when I tried to pull for Ei, I lucked out and was able to get her with my 60 Intertwined Fates I got from playing normally. I got what I wanted. So I stopped right? No. Then I pulled some more with the Intertwined Fates I got from paying, and was able to get her to C1. Lucked out again. The thing is, I also got Sara C2, Xiangling to C6 (from C0), Sucrose to C4 (I didn't have her) and Sayu to C1 (from C0). So I was feeling extremely lucky. And used the rest of my Intertwined Fates on the weapon banner. This was my second biggest mistake. I got bad things from those merely 20 pulls and was convinced that I was getting Ei's weapon early because I was really lucky. So I bought the second $100 top-up package. I was only able to get it after 130 pulls total. I was so unlucky that I even had to use my startglitter, that I saved to get Xingqiu C1 and Ningguang C0, to get more fates. And I know it could have gone even worse. I got 3 5* weapons in 130 pulls. It could have happened only on 270 pulls. Which means I would have spent more money, probably. I say that because, after getting a taste of constelations, and I was not caring for them up until those pulls, now I want Ei to go to C2. She is "close" right? "Only" 150 pulls away if I'm unlucky... But my body reaaaally wants it.

kGkI68m.jpg

74SRakW.jpg

So basically, TL;DR: I spent $215 on things that I didn't need, but wanted and lucked out getting it, and was dragged due to my conditions and the game pushing me to it. My body is craving to spend more and I know this is an endless cycle.

As a final note, I'm reaching to people close to me to help me regain control of the situation.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
It's from the Moonchase event, won't be fishing related (the fishing event gives a special fishing rod).

Well, of course, it makes perfect sense to have meme fish sword obtainable not by fishing. xD

Thanks for the info :)

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
Apparently in the original Chinese text, the Archon was never actually referred to as a male but with a gender neutral term so it's not like they retconned anything.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Sorry everyone, but I feel I need to vent about going from F2P to actually paying due to FOMO. If you don't want to read it, just don't press the button or ignore this messagem.

kGkI68m.jpg

74SRakW.jpg

Sorry to hear that, I like the game but this is why I avoid recommending it, and would warn about its predatory gacha when ever it comes up.

A little bit late, but one thing that can turn people off from over spending is knowing that the game isn't balanced around 5 stars characters constellations and 5 stars weapons refinements, and the more you spend on those the less interesting the end game ends up being.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Sorry everyone, but I feel I need to vent about going from F2P to actually paying due to FOMO. If you don't want to read it, just don't press the button or ignore this message.

kGkI68m.jpg

74SRakW.jpg

Hey, I'm proud of you for sharing this. It takes a lot of guts and you are not alone. This is exactly how these gachas operate and quite honestly you should indeed blame the game. I have fallen victim to exactly what you went through, your mind set and your actions countless times over many many gachas including this one. It really sucks but the best thing you can do is try to think about this moment next time you want to spend money. Personally I know these games are unhealthy for me. I've quit cold turkey on many other gachas before it to get away from the temptation. I've stuck with this one because I like it so much, but I fucked up and spent money I shouldn't have. Sometimes we make mistakes, just know A LOT of people fall victim to the scam. They just aren't willing to admit it. Stay strong, I'm glad you have people in your life to turn to, but be very aware..... If you keep playing Genshin Impact you will be tempted to spend money again. It's impossible to stop the feelings you get from wanting this bullshit. The only thing that has ever saved me was completely quitting these God forsaken things. Hopefully you don't fall down the rabbit hole. Good luck and I wish you the best.

Party

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Dec 3, 2018
There have been 6 male characters and 7 female characters as 5*. And before Inazuma there were more male characters than female.

The 4* I think are way more heavily skewed to female. Thankfully we have Thoma and Gorou coming up.
I think it's because people are more concerned about the overall trend for the future The fact that Inazuma is almost entirely women and then them reconning the dendro archon to be woman as well. Plus Raiden breaking every previous sales record sends a pretty clear message to Mihoyo about what the direction of the game should be. I'm holding out hope for characters like Ayato, Itto, and Varka but we may see the overall frequency of male characters decrease if the waifu's are capable of bringing in this kind of bank.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California

I'm sorry the game got you like that. It's easy to fall into the trap of spending big on a game like this. You are definitely not alone. I hate the feeling of 'wasting' money and the regret and self loathing that comes afterwards. It sucks and sometimes it takes me weeks to get over it.

If you have to I advise walking away from the game.

The only sensible way to spend on this game is the $5 welkin pass. If you can be patient and picky about what characters you really want it makes it easy to get them. I went six months without pulling in this game, and I play every day. Hasn't stopped me from being able to complete any content the game offers.

Starting this game a year into it's life cycle must be tough especially when you see people running around with all kinds of cool shit but you gotta remember some folks have put more than 1000 hours into this game. It didn't happen overnight.

That being said I hope you can continue to enjoy the game with us here but please step away for your health if need be.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
I would stay clear of gacha if you cant control spending urges, I whaled on Baal banner to get her to c2 and get her signature weapon. But I know that's disposable income for me, I'm not putting anything at risk financially and I know when enough is enough. Honestly if it wasnt for reset of the top-up bonuses I wouldn't have spent a dime and kept her at c0 and just use the catch as her weapon.

Even considering this isnt even close to the game I've spent the most money for. That goes to FF14 easily, between subs, expansions and cash shop purchases I'm sure I've broken the 1000 dollars barrier on that game alone.

But I mean, for this game and ff14 I've spent thousands of hours so to me I see it as worth it.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's because people are more concerned about the overall trend for the future The fact that Inazuma is almost entirely women and then them reconning the dendro archon to be woman as well. Plus Raiden breaking every previous sales record sends a pretty clear message to Mihoyo about what the direction of the game should be. I'm holding out hope for characters like Ayato, Itto, and Varka but we may see the overall frequency of male characters decrease if the waifu's are capable of bringing in this kind of bank.

Just going by sales Ayaka and Yoimiya did worse than all the males besides Childe. Raiden had the Crystal refresh and I'm sure Mihoyo understands that.
I would wait to see before declaring the sky is falling.

NexusCell

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Female characters seemed front loaded for this patch cycle so I would worry more if we get only 5 star Waifu releases for the rest of the 2.X cycle.

also judging from Yoimiya's performance I imagine Raiden only did so well because she was hyped to the heavens. I honestly think Yoimiya is a better demonstration on how "normal" female characters generally perform.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017

kGkI68m.jpg

74SRakW.jpg

Thank you for sharing this. I'm glad you have people that can help you get through this.

There have been 6 male characters and 7 female characters as 5*. And before Inazuma, there were more male characters than female.

That's because the game started off with more female characters to begin with. Wasn't there only Diluc as the male 5 star in the standard banner? Now all the new 4 stars have been female and we just had back-to-back female 5 stars with and they've been very waifu leaning. Its not a great trend if that doesn't interest you and you wanted a more even split.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017

kGkI68m.jpg

74SRakW.jpg

well I think the good thing is you recognize the problem , gacha gaming has its pitfalls if you don't have the patience , do you think you can temper your temptations if other interesting characters come? like a pyro archon etc..

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017

kGkI68m.jpg

74SRakW.jpg

thank you for sharing this
i am also in the same spot right now, i pulled 10 times in the weapon banner because i was close the weapon pity, and the unforged, in that moment i decide to skip Raiden.

but, i still fear there is new update to make her broken and blame my self to not pull for her, then i remember now, i am at 50/50
so even if i pull, i could get Qi Qi.
also because she is an archon, it's more reason to pull for her.
however even if i pulled her, i don't think i can raise her.

i have 2 skyward spine and i can get the catch soon.

now, i am trying not to think about it too much...i really need to save my premos for Ganyu and C1 Hu Tao.

Last edited:

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I have a piece of advice for anyone new who wants to spend on the game:

Wait at least a month before dropping any cash. Gacha games are notorious for having a strong honeymoon period. It's actually a really popular term in the community because some games have incredibly strong honeymoon periods that fall off a cliff. Some can last a few days, where you think it's the best game ever. Some can last a few weeks, some can last a few months. It's not until you reach "endgame" do you really get a feel for the game as an entire entity. Sometimes you reach that endgame and realize "oh, I actually don't like this" after loving it for many days.

I've dropped $10, $50, $100 on games only to quit them two days later. By waiting a month or so, you know whether or not you're into a game for the long haul.

My approach is: If I like a game, after a few days, I will buy the monthly pass. This game's version of this is the Welkin Pass. I consider it like a tip jar. I've played your game for 10 hours, you can have five bucks. Then spend absolutely nothing else for at least a month. Then go from there.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Aloy... really, really sucks. She just feels so inconsistent to use.
It's the little internal cooldown on her Coil stacks that screws with her. It feels like it's just there to prevent any synergies with Kazuha and other characters with vacuums. Whoops, your bombs exploded too fast, no buff for you.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017

kGkI68m.jpg

74SRakW.jpg

I'm glad you have people in your life that can help you. I like your posts and hope you can still enjoy the game without falling in that trap, but if quitting turns out to be the best for you, know that I 100% approve of that decision.

This is the reason why whenever someone posts in the thread showing interest in the game I make sure to point out how predatory it is and ask if they have problems with spending or gambling.

I'm thankfully able to control my spending on the game and I'm unlucky as hell in Genshin so I never think I can get anything outside of pity, but even then I feel how strongly it pushes you into throwing cash at it. It's unfortunately the nature of gacha, and it will always be a massive stain on games that would otherwise be excellent.
Hey, I'm proud of you for sharing this. It takes a lot of guts and you are not alone. This is exactly how these gachas operate and quite honestly you should indeed blame the game. I have fallen victim to exactly what you went through, your mind set and your actions countless times over many many gachas including this one. It really sucks but the best thing you can do is try to think about this moment next time you want to spend money. Personally I know these games are unhealthy for me. I've quit cold turkey on many other gachas before it to get away from the temptation. I've stuck with this one because I like it so much, but I fucked up and spent money I shouldn't have. Sometimes we make mistakes, just know A LOT of people fall victim to the scam. They just aren't willing to admit it. Stay strong, I'm glad you have people in your life to turn to, but be very aware..... If you keep playing Genshin Impact you will be tempted to spend money again. It's impossible to stop the feelings you get from wanting this bullshit. The only thing that has ever saved me was completely quitting these God forsaken things. Hopefully you don't fall down the rabbit hole. Good luck and I wish you the best.
Yeah, I remember when that happened to you. Aside from the money, it's awful how this kind of thing can make a person feel.

Last edited:

AtlasRyker

Jun 21, 2021
Since my Raiden it's at c2 with her weapon, I've tried to summon some Saras, been so fortunate, rised pity and get 3 saras. But now i'm on C5 and no primos, damm.... Let's hope for another Sara before the banners ends (please).

Love that character designs and playstyle, Sara C6 it's good enough for Baal, but I'm not gonna spend any single money on it (already paying welkin and BP, enough).

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
If Itto will be buffy, you better start stocking up on Onikabutos, cuuz I'm willing to bet this will be his ascension material.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
How much ER should Raiden have? I do have Engulfing Lightning.
2SuCXfd.png

I'll try to get her better Artifacts after I get her from 70 to 90, I just need to beat the boss since I have all the fruits.

Begaria

Oct 27, 2017
Eula/Ei/Zhongli/Albedo is a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun combination. Albedo on 4 piece Noblesse (burst damage + Attack up), Zhongli on Millelith (hp and attack up) with Geo resonance (shield strength, 15% damage, Geo res decrease on enemies), = lots of bursts/damage for the both of them. I've got Ei on Emblem and she'll end right up at 250% Energy Recharge after I ascend her to 90.

Albedo + Ei AoE's + Eula's single target = things die reaaaaalllly fast. I have a lot of energy recharge going on. The only thing I haven't tested them out in is this cycle's Abyss.

Ei has quickly become one of my favorite characters to play. She and Fischl are interchangeable depending on party composition. If I need lots of AoE damage, I go for Ei, and if I need single targeting damage it's Fischl.

Last edited:

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
I have a piece of advice for anyone new who wants to spend on the game:

Wait at least a month before dropping any cash. Gacha games are notorious for having a strong honeymoon period. It's actually a really popular term in the community because some games have incredibly strong honeymoon periods that fall off a cliff. Some can last a few days, where you think it's the best game ever. Some can last a few weeks, some can last a few months. It's not until you reach "endgame" do you really get a feel for the game as an entire entity. Sometimes you reach that endgame and realize "oh, I actually don't like this" after loving it for many days.

I've dropped $10, $50, $100 on games only to quit them two days later. By waiting a month or so, you know whether or not you're into a game for the long haul.

My approach is: If I like a game, after a few days, I will buy the monthly pass. This game's version of this is the Welkin Pass. I consider it like a tip jar. I've played your game for 10 hours, you can have five bucks. Then spend absolutely nothing else for at least a month. Then go from there.
This is very solid advice and the path I followed myself. I've been burned by FOMO only once in my life when I was younger and for what was, thankfully, only very small amounts. That taught me a valuable lesson. The urge to pull for Raiden was there but I decided to only put the 3 wishes I needed to get to the 4* pity and quit wishing. I got Sara, which is what I wanted, and stopped there. I had many of the same thoughts about the banner as L.O.R.D , she's an archon and I already have the other 2, so I want her. I had to take a hard look at my account, realize there is no use I could derive from her right now and so I am skipping her. I am also very much focused on Hu Tao and Ganyu and those are the two I will benefit from the most. Besides that, I just focus on playing the game and actually experiencing it. Banners have now become secondary to me and not as important as playing the game itself.

For context, I've only bought the Welkin Moon since the month after I started and just 2 weeks ago my first ever BP. Be careful what you spend and reach out for help if you need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.