• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
now I'm curious how that would work on console
I do know they banned consoles for a good while, but as for the process on consoles, no idea. Maybe they just block online play altogether on consoles. Do note these limits only apply to online games, but a large majority of gaming over in China is phone-based, so always online includes a huge proportion of the games over there.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Won't these restrictions in China not only lead to the strengthening of offline games (where they can't survey you and cut you off online) and an exodus from PC and mobile over to consoles (where they can't implement their face scanning tech)?

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I for one am glad that I can have Kazuha sucking samurai now.

But seriously, it bothered me more because it didn't make sense visually to have humans of that size being immune to CC without using some type of ability. It's ok to have heavier enemies, but I like it to be consistent.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Won't these restrictions in China not only lead to the strengthening of offline games (where they can't survey you and cut you off online) and an exodus from PC and mobile over to consoles (where they can't implement their face scanning tech)?
If you think that Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo won't bend over for China, well. lol

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
But seriously, it bothered me more because it didn't make sense visually to have humans of that size being immune to CC without using some type of ability.

They're pretty big guys though... I don't think we can suck in the big treasure hoarder guys (who are smaller than samurais, I think?) either, or can we already?

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I do like that the bigger samurai enemies are unable to be sucked up, they look to be wearing more armour/bigger swords

I love kazuha vaccuum too, so I'm curious on how they are doing this

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Something else that I found weird is when the Kairagi go into their enhanced elemental state (when they recover HP), they cannot be petrified by Zhong Li.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
The samurai don't even need to be fully suckable, but they should at least be affected by the wind in their animations somehow.

The issue was also compounded by all new Inazuma enemies being immune to CC, so it felt like they were forcibly trying to reduce the effectiveness of anemo. At least the Mirror Maiden needs to use a spell before she gets heavy.

They're pretty big guys though... I don't think we can suck in the big treasure hoarder guys (who are smaller than samurais, I think?) either, or can we already?
Yeah, but they can recover faster. Quick and dirty mobile gif:

nNMONsh.gif

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The samurai don't even need to be fully suckable, but they should be at least be affected by the wind in their animations somehow.

The issue is also compounded by all new Inazuma enemies being immune to CC, so it felt like they were forcibly trying to reduce the effectiveness of anemo.

Yeah, but they can recover faster. Quick and dirty mobile gif:

nNMONsh.gif

Kazuha looks so fun...

giphy.gif

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
Is there a way to remove the element from the Traveller? I thought you could only switch to another one after you get anemo.

No. I didn't look into it much, but I think it was only possible if you avoided Paimon & the statues from the very beginning of the game, and even that might have been patched?

Something else that I found weird is when the Kairagi go into their enhanced elemental state (when they recover HP), they cannot be petrified by Zhong Li.

They also can't be frozen. You can kill them both at once but otherwise it's just... ugh.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
It's interesting that they made not only the Nobushi, but also the Kaigari lighter. But really, having to kill both Kaigari at once can be hard enough already, so being able to better group them together will be a plus mechanically. We'll have to see what making them lighter actually means though.

No. I didn't look into it much, but I think it was only possible if you avoided Paimon & the statues from the very beginning of the game, and even that might have been patched?
Haha, I love that there were people doing that then.

Kazuha looks so fun...

giphy.gif
One day he'll be yours! It's a shame you couldn't play properly because of internet access during those days. :(

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
So if Thoma is the scraps we're getting for 2.2, who're we calling for reruns?
I'm calling a Halloween Hu Tao banner as the second banner

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So if Thoma is the scraps we're getting for 2.2, who're we calling for reruns?
I'm calling a Halloween Hu Tao banner as the second banner
Leaks said Ganyu, Hu Tao, and Albedo were the upcoming reruns banners, though they also said Yae was going to be the first 2.2 banner and that doesn't seem to be happening so who knows.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Leaks said Ganyu, Hu Tao, and Albedo were the upcoming reruns banners, though they also said Yae was going to be the first 2.2 banner and that doesn't seem to be happening so who knows.

Eh when you say "leaks" tho, there have been plenty of conflicting ones, and not really any super trustworthy
That and I feel like reruns can just be swapped about whenever MHY feels like
I don't think anyone got the Childe rerun in 1.4 correct

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
Any leaks about content that's not currently in beta testing are just... fun to think about, certainly worth considering the possibility, but that's about it.

The new beta will be starting soon. We'll know then.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Looks like Xiao alright, except for that piss on his ear. :}

Now if we're talking Zhongli, Tyaren, I got you!

rvn9iflssdj71.png

WhisperOfMalice

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
So people that are interested in building characters I would like your opinion.
I got these 4 builds but I'm not sure which one would fit best for Raiden 🤷🏻‍♂️
Any opinion is welcome

Build 1: 2424 Atk, 62.5 crit rate, 146.5 CritDMG, 242,2 ER

Build 2: 2262 atk, 68.7 crit rate, 139.5 CritDMG, 231,8 ER

Build 3: 2234 atk, 71.1 crit rate, 139,5 CritDMG, 220.1 ER

Build 4: 2396 atk, 64.5 crit rate, 146.5 CritDMG, 230.5 ER

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
The way his float down stalls and slows a bit, right before you hit the plunge attack, is the most satisfying feeling thing in the entire game.
It feels so good when you hold his E.

4kkBKwD.gif

I watched like an hour of Zajef malding over this yesterday lol

(~2h30 onwards)

Also funny that usagi-sensei started adding C1 to Ganyu when she doesn't need it to reach that tier

I ended up watching the whole tier rant when I saw your post and it was pretty amusing, haha.

Oct 25, 2017
If I happen to beat the 50/50 I'll roll on the stupid weapon banner since I'd have enough gems for another pity if I win it. Just don't care about the upcoming reruns and I could use either stat sticks featured

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
So people that are interested in building characters I would like your opinion.
I got these 4 builds but I'm not sure which one would fit best for Raiden 🤷🏻‍♂️
Any opinion is welcome

Build 1: 2424 Atk, 62.5 crit rate, 146.5 CritDMG, 242,2 ER

Build 2: 2262 atk, 68.7 crit rate, 139.5 CritDMG, 231,8 ER

Build 3: 2234 atk, 71.1 crit rate, 139,5 CritDMG, 220.1 ER

Build 4: 2396 atk, 64.5 crit rate, 146.5 CritDMG, 230.5 ER
I like build #1 because 3 of the 4 stats are at their peak.

ArcticDonkey

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Took a break for a few weeks and fell into an FF XIV hole. Clawing my way back out tomorrow. Got that new island hype.

Saved around 60 pulls and only a couple away from the 50/50 when I last left. Baal's coming either way but what remains to be seen is exactly how many primos I piss away on the weapon banner..

Status
Not open for further replies.