• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Been playing since day one and only spending on Welkin/BP exclusively. I've done every event and the only primo rewards I missed were the first few cycles of Abyss (probably about 2,000 gems missed in total.)

Here's my squad:

BE8-D9-DF9-ADE9-48-A7-A303-7-CA921-EDC0-EF.jpg

Saving to C6 Hu Tao on her rerun, and then likely saving for C6 Ayaka on her rerun if it's far enough out (though I suspect they may shoehorn her into a New Year's slot because that's her thing.) I'm done acquiring new 5* until they propose a need for 3-4 full parties rather than just two.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
g0nH0GU.jpg

Just getting back into this and SixtyFourBlades and zeropercent were super helpful regarding possible team comps a few days ago. A couple more questions:
  1. Should I work towards a second team for the Abyss at this point? If so, what two teams would you recommend?
  2. Should I wait for a certain upcoming banner to pull from due to a hole or three in my roster? If so, which one? I'm F2P and because I took such a long break, I don't know how long it has been since I pulled a 5*. I have pulled 30 across the standard and character banner so far and have enough saved for at least 20 more.
Thank you!
The long term goal is to have at least two viable teams for Abyss yeah, but don't rush it too much and spread your resources too thin. Out of those characters Diluc is your number 1 DPS, so the first team can be built around him:

1. Diluc + Xingqui + Xiangling + Barbara together is a solid team.
2. Childe + Beidou + Fischl + Bennett is another good team.
3. Razor + Fischl + Kaeya + Bennett can be another team.

You have a solid enough base of characters to start there.

As for wishes, I hope you're not spending Primogems on the Standard Banner? Or maybe I might be reading thing wrong there. Only spend Primogems on the Event Banner. I would wait for another DPS character to come. Ganyu, Hu Tao, or Xiao would fit the bill. Raiden is coming up next, but she's not a DPS.

Mar-Mar

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 30, 2017
Germany
non-whale
have multiple weapons from weapon banner
does not computed
I mean, how is that Bennett only C2 if you're whaling? Maybe too much weapon banner pulling, but I don't know that person. Probably topped up at least once, but considering 5-stars are C0 aside from Keqing and weapons R1 I don't feel like it's a whale, but maybe we have different standards.

Hell yeah, very nice! I keep swirling the wrong element with Benny > Kazuha instead of electro because my rotations are awful. I run WT Ganyu for melt and use Bennett and Kazuha there too, so I'm blaming that. I think having Beidou would make it much easier to swirl electro though, and she deals a ton of damage herself, so I'll try her out.
Yeah, it's easy to swirl the right element with Beidou. With Electro Charge both elements also persist at the same time, so you basically never swirl the wrong element and can kinda go unga bunga, haha. It's also fun seeing all those damage numbers with Beidou and Xingqiu :D

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I stopped playing at the release of Dragon Spire. Just recently came back at 2.0 since I can play on PS5 and was able to link my PC account.

RPFSEjE.jpg

I have a lot of Mondstat and Liyue still to explore but I have just been spending too much time in Inazuma. Inazuma islands are all in the 90s and my tree is level 20.

MtAQd4h.jpg

I just got Yoimiya last night. Ruined my guaranteed Baal but IDC because Yoimiya is too fun a character plus she came in just 30 pulls past the 50/50 loss.
Current goal is getting decent artifacts for Ayaka

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The long term goal is to have at least two viable teams for Abyss yeah, but don't rush it too much and spread your resources too thin. Out of those characters Diluc is your number 1 DPS, so the first team can be built around him:

1. Diluc + Xingqui + Xiangling + Barbara together is a solid team.
2. Childe + Beidou + Fischl + Bennett is another good team.
3. Razor + Fischl + Kaeya + Bennett can be another team.

You have a solid enough base of characters to start there.

As for wishes, I hope you're not spending Primogems on the Standard Banner? Or maybe I might be reading thing wrong there. Only spend Primogems on the Event Banner. I would wait for another DPS character to come. Ganyu, Hu Tao, or Xiao would fit the bill. Raiden is coming up next, but she's not a DPS.
Thank you once again! I had 20 standard banner wishes so pulled twice x10 (do you get standard wishes as rewards from leveling characters?). I'll keep saving primogems for Event banners and wait for a DPS as you suggest.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
I am pretty sure Archons are going to get a #FreeJail card from their participation in Khaenri'ah by either being forced to act by Celestia or for self-defense reasons.

Well, except the current Dendro Archon that took power after the Fall of Khaenri'ah but then his crime is to allow Academia being run by a bunch of mad scholars so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Liv

Teyvat Traveler
Aug 20, 2019
g0nH0GU.jpg

Just getting back into this and SixtyFourBlades and zeropercent were super helpful regarding possible team comps a few days ago. A couple more questions:
  1. Should I work towards a second team for the Abyss at this point? If so, what two teams would you recommend?
  2. Should I wait for a certain upcoming banner to pull from due to a hole or three in my roster? If so, which one? I'm F2P and because I took such a long break, I don't know how long it has been since I pulled a 5*. I have pulled 30 across the standard and character banner so far and have enough saved for at least 20 more.
Thank you!
You could build something like
Team 1: Diluc/XQ/Sucrose/Benny
Team 2: Childe/Xiangling/Kaeya/Sayu
or
Team 2: Childe/Beidou/Fischl/Xiangling

Team 1 is a tried and true abyss team. Team 2 would either be a reaction based team carried by Xiangling and Childe which should be pretty fun to play or a variation of Childe Fireworks with Xiangling instead of Bennett... Because there is only 1 Bennett.

The main "hole" in your roster would be utility healer and shields. Keep an eye out for an eventual Diona banner. I would also be in the lookout to add a Cryo main DPS as well (Ganyu rerun when?)

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you once again! I had 20 standard banner wishes so pulled twice x10 (do you get standard wishes as rewards from leveling characters?). I'll keep saving primogems for Event banners and wait for a DPS as you suggest.
Using the fates on the standard banner is fine cause there's no other use for them any way.
You get standard fates from ascending characters up to 70/80 (3 in total per character), 5 on the free tier of every battle pass, 5 per month in the shop if you have enough Stardust. You also get a bunch from the Adventure book, at various Adventure Rank tiers and as rewards for gathering enough collectibles in certain regions.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got a Crit Rate helm from the Severed Fate set (had some potential but rolled like shit, but it gives me some flexibility since I have one goblet on set which also have bad subs) , thought let me see If I have a crit dmg off set just in case, of course all the ones I have are trash, almost a year playing this game how can this be ? Please game ...

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
These are my characters so far. Seems they're arranged by Friendship Levels. Raiden will be mine next. After that, I'm probably saving until Hu Tao reruns.

51404838544_7384b301e7_b.jpg
51405061875_a9976a96cb_b.jpg

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I just finished Ayaka's story quest. I wasn't a fan if I'm honest. It was really long and quite slow, and not being able to progress the story because of it kind of made it not as good for me. I didn't really like the whole date/waifu vibes either. I felt like the quest worked better as Lumine, but I couldn't help but keep thinking "this was written for Aether wasn't it?"

I did like her dance at the end though. Felt like she was sending us off on what is going to be a difficult journey. Still really wish the Traveler actually spoke in cutscenes. They won't change it now, but it's a shame we're going to have to go through 3+ years of a silent mc and Paimon doing the heavy lifting when both protags have great VAs (in English. I can't speak for the other languages).
Promotional material gets Aether, while damn near all the fanart gets Lumine.

Seems like a fair trade to me. :P
Lol! It's cause the people know who the true protag is!

shadow2810

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, how is that Bennett only C2 if you're whaling? Maybe too much weapon banner pulling, but I don't know that person. Probably topped up at least once, but considering 5-stars are C0 aside from Keqing and weapons R1 I don't feel like it's a whale, but maybe we have different standards.
the thing with 4* is you aren't guaranteed to get them even if they are featured in the banner, wasn't there a video someone trying to pull for Rosaria and still didn't get her after 200+ pulls or so? So I would disagree saying having C2 Bennett is not whaling.
On the other hand spending money on scambanner and get multiple featured weapons... I guess it's not whaling if they are extremely lucky

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
fmfCdrhl.jpg

I was a f2p no puller until Venti rerun, he was just too cute. Missed out on the free Liyue character, Beidou, and Diona cause I was away from my PS4. Did manage to get the Barbara skin though lol.

I wanted to start pulling again cause I'm getting bored but I really don't like electro characters. Shame because Sara looks cool. Thank god there's Aloy coming out

EmilExpy

Apr 30, 2021
I find the following scenario hilarious:

Do you know those horror films in which some poor soul becomes possessed by some demon and once the protagonist finds out the demon's name, they google them?
It's in the middle of the night, rain is pelting against the windows and thunder is ominously roaring in the distance. Eerily lit by only the bright computer screen and accompanied by intense background music the protagonist scrolls through scary depictions and texts of the malignant, ancient demon lord Baal...
...and then comes an onslaught of:

gm-5a798621-bb2c-4de2-9fe8-ef62a1e44ccd-genshin-impact-shogun-raiden-baal.jpg

1160904.png

E7Axo8LUcAIdUOt.jpg

x6y6xox0wra71.png

tumblr_mw590mV4yB1rmin5no1_400.gif
Heh. Raiden actually does show up high on Google search.
Now that I think about it, since archons and important characters beings' names are pulled from the 72 Ars Goetia demons, this'll happen more and more.

Ex: Baal, Orobus(Orobashi) and... Paimon. You can bet there will be more

Just imagine some guy googling Paimon and getting emergency food instead.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
The Sakoku Decree has been in effect for a looong while but not in its current form. Several NPCs in Ritou talk that its been always hard to make bussiness in Inazuma but it drastically after the Vision Hun Decree was established a year ago along with the storm surrounding the Island with several people there being stuck on the Island for more than a year.

Ayaka suspects that both the Tenryou and Kanjou Comissions have something to do with the Raiden Shogun decision to completely close the country.

To add onto this. There's an NPC in Ritou who mentions the Sakoku has been in effect for about 10 years.

And there's NPCs in the sangonomiya camp who mention that Things have always been 'not great' from taxation and policing but it was the Vision Hunt that really tipped things over.

And there's a lot of lore items that suggests that Raiden is dope if you're her friend and ambivalent at best if you're ANYONE else.

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Watching the trailer, I'm seeing where they're going with Raiden's story, I love her dead friend's designs. Should be good but I really hope they don't try to let her off the hook too much....it feels weird that the Vision Hunt Decree has only been around for a year but I guess Zhongli did sorta mention it was a more recent thing and other things were going wrong too like the taxation and stuff. Hopefully we learn a lot more about what happened in 2.1.

I really wish Mihoyo had like a Kinoko Nasu or Gen Urobuchi level writer or something. I think things would be more consistent and have more depth/direction that way.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
So is EM the new defense..all my rolls keep going into it..of course on a geo goblet..and last time a crit helm

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
I could use some Sucrose & some Xiangling dupes, so if that's the banner I'll be pleased.

After pulling on Ayaka & now getting ready to pull on Raiden... I'm feeling really reckless like, woah, who says I can get a new character every patch, might as well be Oliver Twist asking for another bowl of porridge.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Thinking about it, the last time I got a character I wanted, at the time I wanted them was...Ganyu. Since then, I...

Went in on Hu Tao's banner until hitting 5* on the 50/50, got Diluc instead.
Saved up and was low on my pity, but wanted to get Yanfei...within my first 10-pull on the banner, C1 Zhongli showed up way early and burned my guarantee (for a constellation I personally find pretty useless). Yanfei showed up in the next 10-pull.
Saved again after that and went in on Eula...lost the 50/50 thanks to Zhongli and got Qiqi instead.
Haven't touched any banner since then.

I feel like I have gone so damn long in this game without having something to be genuinely excited about. I really hope I like how Raiden's trial feels, though either way I'm at least going in to get Kujou Sara. After that, it's back to having no idea when someone else will come along that I like enough to want to guarantee.

SpookySpice

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 22, 2019
So since that next character banner seems true I decided to do one last 10-pull on the current banner for Sayu or Diona dupes. Pushed myself to 60 pity and ended up getting both of them in one 10-pull!! They are both now c1, which looks really good for Sayu.

130 pulls saved and will hopefully only take me 20 more pull to hit 5* pity. If I pass the 50/50 then I'll spend the rest of my savings on the scam banner to try my luck (even if its as bad as it looks). If I fail the 50/50 then the rest go into securing Raiden :\

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I'm at 200 saved wishes now!

I haven't pulled since the Zhongli re-run banner so I'm really excited to FINALLY have a new character to build and invest in.

I'm 11 wishes into my guaranteed pity for Raiden. I hope I get at least one copy of Sara too though.

I think I'm going to continue to save after I get Raiden C0 for the supposed Ganyu re-run coming up.

Oct 27, 2017
238226282_1228546820936488_8950813854112650629_n.png

My list is pretty short in comparison to others since I quit around October last year i think and came back about a month or so ago. My recent additions are Ayaka and Mona on the 5star side tho so that feels reaaaaaaaaal gooooooooood

I also have Skyward Spine which I heard is one of the BiS for Baal so I'm pretty happy about that

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
Weapon banner is still a scam. If you have the primos and want to upgrade Raiden power level, just pull for C2.

C2 is whopping 57% increase on her DPS. Definitely on the better side among constellations. R1 Engulfing is just like 25% increase over The Catch and even then no guarantee which can actually cost more.
She's also a support, so her DPS isn't going to be nearly as relevant as her support capabilities, which is what her constellations improve.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Had to whip out team busted in order to take on the final challenge featuring both dickhead lectors.

Ganyu/Kazuha/Bennett/Zhongli

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
So the website organizes characters first by friendship and then by character level. After that I have no idea. My Ayaka should hit friendship lvl 10 tonight so she will jump up to the top. She's at the bottom because I had everybody else at lvl 10 friendship pre-inazuma.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
238226282_1228546820936488_8950813854112650629_n.png

My list is pretty short in comparison to others since I quit around October last year i think and came back about a month or so ago. My recent additions are Ayaka and Mona on the 5star side tho so that feels reaaaaaaaaal gooooooooood

I also have Skyward Spine which I heard is one of the BiS for Baal so I'm pretty happy about that
How did you put the site on dark mode?

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I still don't really know what to do on the next banner
I'm at 62 pity, so I'm at least going to go for the 50/50, but if I don't get her idk if I wanna go all the way to guarantee, or if I'd even have the primos
I only really want her because she's an archon
If she still worked on shields like early beta I'd be more enthusiastic

Had to whip out team busted in order to take on the final challenge featuring both dickhead lectors.

Ganyu/Kazuha/Bennett/Zhongli

Mine was Kazuha, Xingqiu, Zhongli, Ayaka
Without permafreezing the hydro spin to win man he just beyblades around the island and wastes my time

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
are these guys ever going to make any adjustments to the resin economy? world bosses still costing 40 resin when there are now a bunch of them, as well as a bunch characters to level up is kind of crazy

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I hate that Liyue woman who expects me literally every day to cook for her. I on purpose only give her suspicious dishes or non-Liyue dishes. Maybe she'll at one point learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.