• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
What artifacts should I get for Beidou if I want to pair her with Baal? Got her at 80/80 no matter what artifacts I swap around on her she just feels incredibly weak.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
How do we know that Sara won't be good? Is this something that the theory people have been saying?
I'm admittedly not the best source to answer questions of meta since I don't usually get that deep into number-running, but just looking at what we know about her kit and how her skills work, the question of "what is she supposed to be good at within a team?" becomes rather difficult to answer.

Being really reductive, from what I see most good units in the game tend to fall into one of three categories:
1. DPS, the people you want mainly on the field attacking enemies.
2. Attack-enablers, i.e. the people whose kits/skills are used to either provide team buffs/enemy debunks or apply elements onto enemies that your main DPS can then use to increase their own damage output.
3. Support-enablers, the people who provide protection or healing benefits to the main DPS, mainly shields or heals.

What makes the typical best of the supports the best (like Bennett, Xiangling, Xingqiu, you know the usual suspects) usually tends to be that their skills work off-field, so you can swap to them, pop the skill/burst, and then get back to your main DPS.

By all accounts, Sara sounds like she's meant to be a support, mainly by providing an attack buff to other active characters, but there are more steps to making use of that buff than for other enablers, and the buff period only being 6 seconds is incredibly short for the setup work required. She seemingly isn't built to be a main DPS herself, she isn't built to apply electro repeatedly while off-field (Fischl, Beidou, Electro-Traveler, and Raiden are all better for that), and the buff takes as much time to set up as it takes to expire.
So...unless her personal damage numbers or the scaling on that buff are ridiculous, she doesn't really easily fit into any of those three roles, at least in a way that isn't easily bettered by a multitude of other options.

...I want to see how they promote her strategy in her Collected Miscellany video, because right now she remains kind of a question mark as to how people are supposed to effectively use her. And that's a shame if she goes the way of Xinyan and turns into another waste of a stupendous design.

tinthoh

Jan 13, 2018
Forget about bald heroes, the new trend is to see them dismembered

t6abg0y5b5j71.png

Childe's torso is really detailed compared to other characters, i guess he's ready for a shritless costume ?

biwk34y5b5j71.png

(2.1 can't come soon enough, i'm bored)
After baldness we get some refreshing serial killer vibes. Good thing the thread moved to hangouts.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Hey I finally got a new dual sense. I might be able to play this again without the terrible drift.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What artifacts should I get for Beidou if I want to pair her with Baal? Got her at 80/80 no matter what artifacts I swap around on her she just feels incredibly weak.
Beidou's best set is now the new Emblem of Severed Fate set.

For your sands, go for Atk%, as Atk% sands will always provide a better damage boost for Beidous, but make sure you manage to get enough ER on the substats of your other pieces. Aim for at least 150% ER. If you can't get that with your weapon and/or substats, then go for an ER sands. Goblet is Electro, while Helm is whatever crit stat you need the most.

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
As someone what runs an ning/albedo team, something i never see zhong li enthusiasts praise that i think is his best feature is that you always have the geo resonance bonus active. Neither ning nor al actually create a shield on their own, just crystalize reactions, and even those are usually over 10 feet away by where the jade stars are juggling enemies instead of near enough to grab without wasting a ton of dps time. There also isn't a lot of great options for creating shields manually with teammates, diona is good but her em bonus is wasted and geo teams rely on resonance bonuses to help make up for the lack of damage reactions and there isn't a solid ranged ice applicator not named ganyu to keep enemies chilled for long, chong's field only effects melee weapons. Xinyan would be ideal to pair with bennet for pyro resonance and a shield but her shield is hot dooky and you need to actually hit something with her skill to proc it which means melee range which means you probably could have just grabbed a geo crystal without any swapping for the same result but faster.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
Beidou's best set is now the new Emblem of Severed Fate set.

For your sands, go for Atk%, as Atk% sands will always provide a better damage boost for Beidous, but make sure you manage to get enough ER on the substats of your other pieces. Aim for at least 150% ER. If you can't get that with your weapon and/or substats, then go for an ER sands. Goblet is Electro, while Helm is whatever crit stat you need the most.
Thanks definitely will work on this when I get a chance. This event kinda screwed up my plans for resin.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
just remembered something, they didn't talk about resin reduction for the new weekly boss for Sara and Ball's materials.
we need new reduction.
even with new reduction, it will be like this:
30 + 30 + 30 + 30 + 60 = 180 resin.
no reduction (now):
30 + 30 + 30 + 60 + 60 = 210 resin.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Damn it, Raiden needs handguards? :(

Edit: For both ascension AND talent upgrades? Kill me now.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I was going straight from work to my boyfriends today so I'll be away from my PS5 all day and I didn't want to lose out on my welkin or the dailies, so once I got to his I downloaded Genshin on my phone.

Let me tell you the mobile controls take some getting used to. And then I got the worst possible daily commisions lol
Protect the cargo balloon, a gentleman strikes at night, Fatui buffed by a crystal, all the classics. Very stressful lol

Still quite amazed about how well it ran on my phone though

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
And her weapons, both The Catch and Engulfing Lightning, need Ruin Sentinel drops. Feels like there is only 6 Sentinels in the whole of Teyvat so people better start farming those ASAP.
I have Skyward Spine for her, so I'm safe there. But wow, the grind. Inazuma Samurai will be extinct by the time she releases.

After grinding all of Ayaka's I continued to grind for Raiden's.
You are wise.

I guess I know what I'll be doing later this evening.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Every day I've been farming Sentinels. It's nice when there's a ley line in the Sentinel area because that means an extra few to farm.

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021

The handguard requirements are just nasty. I've been leveling the electro traveler but guess what they need to level talents? Handguards. And the drop rate is just so low.

And her weapons, both The Catch and Engulfing Lightning, need Ruin Sentinel drops. Feels like there is only 6 Sentinels in the whole of Teyvat so people better start farming those ASAP.

I'm already overflowing with Ruin Sentinel drops because I do that ley line challenge at the very northern tip of the first island almost every day--I think all the ley lines right in that area are ruin sentinels.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Complete tangent: I saw a video of Lisa's JP VA, Rie Tanaka, playing RE8. It's literally just her screaming for 2 minutes but I found it so funny.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Of what I can grind so far, I've got the materials for level 90 and all talents to level six.

But then it's the world boss materials, then it's getting the new weapon, grinding the new enemies needed to upgrade it, etc.

Glad I actually got a head start on this because I wouldn't have been able to use her properly for weeks otherwise.

anemovision

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Aug 8, 2018
ready to anticipate gamescom live all day tomorrow just to rewatch the 2.1 trailer but this time with an awful twitch chat as company

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

At least they're everywhere, and they respawn pretty quickly (12 hours). Do 2-3 farm session for them and you should be alright.

... Them being unaffected by Venti's ult is making me so mad. W H Y

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Of what I can grind so far, I've got the materials for level 90 and all talents to level six.

But then it's the world boss materials, then it's getting the new weapon, grinding the new enemies needed to upgrade it, etc.

Glad I actually got a head start on this because I wouldn't have been able to use her properly for weeks otherwise.
I am ready to use all the dream solvents I have to funnel to her. It'll still take a while sure, but I don't care lol. I plan to crown her E-Skill and Burst. Will take her Normal Attack to level 6 and leave there.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Even more if you want her weapon.
I consider myself fortunate in this regard. Or should I say, re-guard?

At least they're everywhere, and they respawn pretty quickly (12 hours). Do 2-3 farm session for them and you should be alright.

... Them being unaffected by Venti's ult is making me so mad. W H Y
True, they're everywhere but I'd honestly prefer a more condensed spawn with higher drop-rates than what they currently are. It'd make farming them a lot easier.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Can you guys stop please? She has the same sort of mini shorts on that she wears on her in-game model:

6ee85wed9h571.jpg
I see what I see. Don't know what to tell ya, haha.

I don't see it here in the image you provided in the quote, but I do in the image posted above. Maybe because it's not official artwork so it's a little more pronounced? At least in my eyes it is. I'm not saying it's actually as I envision, it's just what how my eyes perceive it.

ap_2

Jan 23, 2021
One of her legs looks like water, so I kind of thought she just straight up had a fish's tail in that picture.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can you guys stop please? She has the same sort of mini shorts on that she wears on her in-game model:

6ee85wed9h571.jpg
Not sure what to tell ya. Wasn't making a joke. Her shorts blended in with her transparent skirt tails, so it was legit hard to tell for a moment in the fanart.

It's well done art, nonetheless.

Oct 27, 2017
Feels like pre-planning and being efficient in this game is not the right way to play. I get one character (worth leveling) every 2 months, and doing daily farming runs to beat mobs to somehow accelerate the material progress is just pointless.

I had no problem using Kazuha to collect the sea mushrooms for himself, Raiden can pick her own handguards or whatever. Weekly boss that will take a month to get all the materials even if converting everything with solvent... You will still plant your face into weekly boss wall (Or Raiden's fruit whatever the faming pace of those), so why beat same mobs daily... Two islands to explore, 3 weeks of dailies...

Handguards ain't going to be the problem, even if you have both Raiden and scythe.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Feels like pre-planning and being efficient in this game is not the right way to play. I get one character (worth leveling) every 2 months, and doing daily farming runs to beat mobs to somehow accelerate the material progress is just pointless.

I had no problem using Kazuha to collect the sea mushrooms for himself, Raiden can pick her own handguards or whatever. Weekly boss that will take a month to get all the materials even if converting everything with solvent... You will still plant your face into weekly boss wall (Or Raiden's fruit whatever the faming pace of those), so why beat same mobs daily... Two islands to explore, 3 weeks of dailies...

Handguards ain't going to be the problem, even if you have both Raiden and scythe.
this post: "raiden get your bum-ass out there and do some work, freeloader"

Status
Not open for further replies.