• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
get them to 80 and you'll still be able to run through anything in this game. Mora >
kamen-rider-agito-no.gif

Maybe Fischl? When last was she on a banner again?
2 4* Electro Bow users and 3 Electro characters total on one banner? Super unlikely. I guess she'll be on Kokomi's banner.

trailmix16

Oct 26, 2017
Going to plug this ascension planner again to anyone who's having a hard time figuring out how to use their resin/prioritize who to level:

I use this and I really like it. Im wondering how far in 'advance' you plan characters? I usually go in 10 level increments or until the next ascension, but now im wondering if i should be thinking bigger picture?

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
It still irks me how much miHoYo can go two steps forward and one step backwards with poorly thought out systems. We needed a Weapon Banner pity, so they put one in, but made it take an extra step over the character banner pity. They already had a working, fairly designed pity system and went, "You know what'd be great the Scam Banner? By still keeping it a scam, but only less so." How hard would've it been to say, "Pick one of the two weapon banner weapons, you will get it in 180 pulls guaranteed like the character banner."?

But no. 270. Fucking greedy bastards.
This is why I love Punishing Grey Raven and will sing its praises lol.

Between each new S-Rank (5-Star) character they release, you are guaranteed to have enough Black Cards (Primogems) to get them 100% guaranteed. IF you do decide to go for a 6-Star (5-Star in Genshin) weapon instead, the pity is at half that of the character banner first of all, and you have an 80% chance to get the weapon you have chosen. Meaning the chances of you not getting the weapon the first time is quite low, and in the event you do lose and decide to go for it again? You'd have to have really terrible luck to lose that pity twice in a row.

Imm0ralKnight

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
don't listen to these books people. Mora is more important and you could never have enough. You don't need to level up all characters, and the ones you do, when you get them to 80 you're fine. your supports don't even need to be above 60. Talents, ascensions, weapons, artifacts they will eat all your mora.

Mora >>>

and I will die on this hill

Let's say I have zero books and 15 mil mora, and I want to level Baal to 90 right away on day 1. How do I do it? Can you show me?

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've given up hope for the Switch version until a Switch Pro is actually in the works. I bet Mihoyo was counting on the Pro but Switch LED fucked it up a bit.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It still irks me how much miHoYo can go two steps forward and one step backwards with poorly thought out systems. We needed a Weapon Banner pity, so they put one in, but made it take an extra step over the character banner pity. They already had a working, fairly designed pity system and went, "You know what'd be great the Scam Banner? By still keeping it a scam, but only less so." How hard would've it been to say, "Pick one of the two weapon banner weapons, you will get it in 180 pulls guaranteed like the character banner."?

Not that it absolves them, but weapon pity is 80.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My last 5* was Zhongli. But I am prepared.
vyQSfOg.png

That's 227 wishes, pity count is at 46 and I have 38 emergency Starglitter pulls.
That's pretty much 2 guaranteed 5*, but I hope I can actually win some 50/50s..............
Got me beat. I'm at about 33,000 gems with a 25 pity count.

But yeah I'm still hoping I'll win the 50/50 and avoid the worst... I'm honestly considering waiting until I get a good fortune at the shrine before I start pulling lol.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
A switch version would have been great for me prior PS5 version. Now that I've experienced these load times I cannot go back

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
As someone who loves his Switch, but started on PS5... I can't imagine going down to 30FPS and sub 1080p. Genshin Impact just looks too good.

And of course the load times, how could I forget!?

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
This is why I love Punishing Grey Raven and will sing its praises lol.

Between each new S-Rank (5-Star) character they release, you are guaranteed to have enough Black Cards (Primogems) to get them 100% guaranteed. IF you do decide to go for a 6-Star (5-Star in Genshin) weapon instead, the pity is at half that of the character banner first of all, and you have an 80% chance to get the weapon you have chosen. Meaning the chances of you not getting the weapon the first time is quite low, and in the event you do lose and decide to go for it again? You'd have to have really terrible luck to lose that pity twice in a row.
Yeah Punishing is quite fair with it's gacha systems. Though I think you are only guaranteed to have enough Black Cards if you pay for their equivalent of Welkin. Also new characters are even less regularily introduced than in Genshin. I think there's like a two month gap between Alpha and Bianca?

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I agree with you. But isnt the weapon banner pity 80?

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah Punishing is quite fair with it's gacha systems. Though I think you are only guaranteed to have enough Black Cards if you pay for their equivalent of Welkin. Also new characters are even less regularily introduced than in Genshin. I think there's like a two month gap between Alpha and Bianca?
It's once every 3 months actually lol so even longer. In that time, as a FTP and as long as you do the daily and weekly missions, you're guaranteed about 14500 Black Cards (you need 15000 for the guarantee), but with maintenance and events, you'll be sure to get the 15000 you need. If you have the game's equivalent Welkin Pass, then you can also go for their Signature 6-Star weapon as well (once at the 80% chance).

For example, I got Alpha at exactly the 60th pull. I already have 10k BC right now with the daily Black Cards pass. I'm confident I'll have 22500 BC (enough for guaranteed character and the signature weapon) by the time S-Bianca comes out which is supposed to be in October.

EDIT: This all goes through the window if they up the speed of the release schedule though. So this is banking on the 3 months period in between each 6-Star character. Also, keep in mind that they do release A-Rank characters in between these time periods as well, who are all awesome. Every character feels strong in PGR lol.

Switters

Oct 28, 2017
don't listen to these books people. Mora is more important and you could never have enough. You don't need to level up all characters, and the ones you do, when you get them to 80 you're fine. your supports don't even need to be above 60. Talents, ascensions, weapons, artifacts they will eat all your mora.

Mora >>>

and I will die on this hill

Thank you. Me and my dumbass lvl 50 amber and Lisa (sorry bae) needed to hear that. I wish I could do it all over and only level mains.
The first time I ran out Mora was when I was ascending a sword, and was like wait, this costs money?.......

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
It's once every 3 months actually lol so even longer. In that time, as a FTP and as long as you do the daily and weekly missions, you're guaranteed about 14500 Black Cards (you need 15000 for the guarantee), but with maintenance and events, you'll be sure to get the 15000 you need. If you have the game's equivalent Welkin Pass, then you can also go for their Signature 6-Star weapon as well (once at the 80% chance).

For example, I got Alpha at exactly the 60th pull. I already have 10k BC right now with the daily Black Cards pass. I'm confident I'll have 22500 BC (enough for guaranteed character and the signature weapon) by the time S-Bianca comes out which is supposed to be in October.
I love when I see people talking about a gacha game I'm unfamiliar and it just sounds so insane lmao

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
Let's say I have zero books and 15 mil mora, and I want to level Baal to 90 right away on day 1. How do I do it? Can you show me?

you won't be able to level her to 90 right away anyway. the materials you need aren't out yet. and if you've been playing the game and not getting every character to 90 chances aren't you wouldn't be at 0 books. I mean you do get books from missions, events and the like. And I don't want things to get weird. As previously stated, I was being tongue in cheek and playful, go for the stuff you need, but I feel like what's understood doesn't need to be explained. Why would anyone at 15mil mora and 0 books go for mora?

I just see more value in mora than books, it's all.

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone talking about mora vs books for the farming event, and gotta say I land my ass firmly on the side of books atm. Gold is super easy to farm what you need in a day, maybe two tops, but run out of exp? Good lord does that take freaking ages to stock back up. And I'm currently out, so RIP. x___x
Probably not an issue if you aren't making it a goal to build up every character, but I am so really feeling that struggle right now lol. Plus, with Inazuma's launch I've actually had extra mora for the first time in ages, and we have two more islands and BP reset coming out in just a week.

Also holy fuck those Liyue cafe outfits are sooooo cute!! I want all of them as skins so bad -- especially Childe's and Yanfei's. MHY why do you make all these cute af merch outfits and not put them in the game??? ;___;

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So on this Genshin Wishes website if i want to keep my account updated i have to keep putting new links in??

anemovision

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Aug 8, 2018
really wanna hear about the weapon banner for 2.1 before 2.0 ends… this current bow could be good for gorou with the crit dmg stat but we won't know in time u_u

Oct 26, 2017
I love when I see people talking about a gacha game I'm unfamiliar and it just sounds so insane lmao

The irony is that kurogames seeing Honkai's success made their own 3D action variant with more user friendly gacha system.

While Mihoyo made Genshin and created a less user friendly gacha in comparison despite being a much larger company and having more resources that would let them take more risks.

It would be neat if larger companies could bank on being more generous instead of being more greedy since they will still likely make a shit ton of money either way, but being more generous is better for the players.

Two QOL I'd love to see added to Genshin:

1. Turn off Burst animations.
2. Nearly every Burst have a "hold function" where we can position where it goes.

I'm tired of not being able to see where the enemies are during the animation, and I'm tired of certain Bursts uselessly being sent in a direction they shouldn't be going. Whenever the animation breaks and I CAN see where the Burst is hitting/see where the enemies are, it brings a smile to my face.

Yeah, I don't know what happened since this isn't an issue in Honkai but there are a number of Burst animations in Genshin that are poorly framed and disorienting and can get you killed quite easily.

Shoutouts to Ganyu's Burst animation cutting back to normal view just as the invuln frames end so you can't tell whether an enemy is about to smack you or not.

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
Tbh I've never ran out of mora, but I'm always running out of books.

Not sure why because I don't usually level up too many characters. I have no lvl 90 characters and only 3 on lvl 80.

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

EDIT: This all goes through the window if they up the speed of the release schedule though. So this is banking on the 3 months period in between each 6-Star character. Also, keep in mind that they do release A-Rank characters in between these time periods as well, who are all awesome. Every character feels strong in PGR lol.
Oh wow three months! But good to know that the free black books do add up! And yeah the A ranks in the game are all really good. I only wish the game updated events more regularily, I've been farming this spider boss for three weeks now and probably for another 3 weeks D:

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I'm so glad you're having a great time and would also like to reiterate the same sentiment for this thread and community. I've recently gotten back into the game and this thread has been so awesome! Super supportive and welcoming.

Unfortunately don't have any real advice for you. Just impressed with a C3 Yoimiya. Can't imagine the number of rolls that took. I feel like recent videos I've seen of her seem to show her being far more powerful than I was lead to believe.

Must … resist … pulling (I really don't have the resources for more characters 😅)
Thank you, and likewise! I'm glad you've had a good time getting back into it. Haha, well the C3 Yoimiya was mostly a byproduct of going for C6 Diona and Sayu. Sayu came early but there was endless Xinyan's. I 'won' all the 50/50's that cropped up so just got Yoimiya whenever a gold comet popped up. Which is funny because, really, I could do with more 5*'s in general and would have been happy with anyone, Qiqi aside. That said I am a big fan of Yoimiya so I'm completely happy to have her constellations. She's fun to play imo.

Switters

Oct 28, 2017
"Embrace the ice!", Shouted Ayakka in the general direction of the far horizon as the hungry Hillichurls advanced from behind.

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
I use this and I really like it. Im wondering how far in 'advance' you plan characters? I usually go in 10 level increments or until the next ascension, but now im wondering if i should be thinking bigger picture?

I have two rules, which are: don't do too many things at once & be patient.

So usually I'll have like 1-2 characters I'm working on. And 1-2 weapons I'm working on. They'll be top priority. Then I have a handful of characters who are mostly done (like I have Venti's skill and burst at 9 but his auto at 6--there's no need to level his auto but I will... eventually... so it's on the list), and those have lower priority, so I'll only pick those up if none of the higher priority stuff is available. Then I'll also have an idea of what's the next thing I'm going to work on, but that's even lower priority. I try to finish one thing before I start another.

And I always level everything to 90 so I always put that in & just try to be patient about the fact that it'll take a while. I'll try to get, say, one 8-9 talent for a character in a week and stop there.

Plus I try to do things like, if I'm not in a rush to level someone, when I get purple books I'll spend half and save half... which is how I've stockpiled 500 of them. I'll use a bunch of those when Raiden comes along, obviously. But it also means I'm always throwing some EXP at characters *besides* the new hotness. I've got 200 of the blue books saved and when I get more I just spend them on whoever, as a treat.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
I was bored today so I just leveled all my 5* characters to lv 90 lol. I still have so much mora and so many books since I haven't got any new character in ages.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
I too lack Diluc. Got Yoimiya tho I guess.

She is absolutely more powerful than Yanfei, y'all were crazy. I haver her already outpacing Yan for damage despite not being ascended to the same level, and she's way less annoying to accomodate.

Status
Not open for further replies.