• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it's too far fetched for Amos bow to be with Raiden's weapon considering Sara is with her

• Cannot be Primordial because there is one already
• Just had a 5* bow, haven't had a greatsword in some time
• Wild cards are shield-weapons, I hope they aren't rerunning, although shield-greatsword is probably even better on Eula with Zhongli/Albedo comp
• Ganyu rerun is very close, they shouldn't be dicks and pair banner heroes with best banner weapons if possible

Sara is a support and the only way Amos is good is for huge stats, distance thing becomes useless. Best to put a good 4* bow for her in the 4* slot.

Please be WGS...

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
soo is the standard banner not changing at all... didnt really watch the stream or anything...and QoL changes or stuff like that?

I know everyone's grumpy about the meager gem/fate offerings, but this is the stuff that I most look forward to with Anniversaries--so many games use it as a chance to streamline old systems, introduce new ones, add QOL features.

I'm sure we'll get *something* since they've been good about making minor adjustments (the dream solvent may be rare but it's saved me so much trouble), but my wish list remains long. Like, ugh, artifact organization.

Whoever designed a tower defense game with 3 paths and only 14 towers needs to be fired lmfao

I had to look up a guide for that level. & the guide was like, "Get a perfect score!" & he did but using the same layout I barely squeaked by. Still. Good enough.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I am curious who's going to get Noelle bombed, either Raiden or Kokomi
So most likely to appear > Xiangling, Noelle, Beidou, Xingqiu
Wildcards> Barbara, Fischl, Sucrose
If MHY wanted to make Kokomi's banner truly rancid they could give her Barbara and Noelle
plrh3ls.png

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm now a worshipper at the church of Hu Tao

The first challanger level was easy, lets see how I do with the rest

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Bought Welkin again to prepare for the upcoming banners. Baal, Kokomi, Yae, weapon banners and the eventual BIG HAT JESUS are too enticing.

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
Welp, I was already considering using my first time top up bonus if I missed Baal's 50/50 but if they're resetting it I'll likely be buying it before 2.1 hits. Ugh, stupid fomo. outside of that the anniversary patch doesn't seem any different from any other patch so that's disappointing.
Still pretty excited to do a little fishing and see how Baal's story concludes.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
It is a fact. There is such a thing as good and bad soundtracks. Other games have orchestral OSTs, but Genshin's sound like they were composed by a 15-year old Soundcloud artist. If you don't hear that, I'm sorry, develop your tastes better, study musical arts some more, I don't care.

giphy.gif

Jesus, Scaramouche still trending on Twitter with 170k tweets. People are really looking forward to him...

He breathes, he trends. The people have spoken. #LetTheMoucheLoose

billy-porter-hat.gif

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Funny how Hu Tao might be my overall favorite character in this, but I have no interest in actually owning her. Getting characters up to snuff takes too much effort, especially with a C5 Diluc who's almost fully maxed out.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Funny how Hu Tao might be my overall favorite character in this, but I have no interest in actually owning her. Getting characters up to snuff takes too much effort, especially with a C5 Diluc who's almost fully maxed out.

Hu Tao is a character that's obviously very good damage wise
However I don't find her fun to play at all and only really bring her out for cryo hypostasis
Like the more I play Ayaka over time the more fun I have with her playstyle
With Hu Tao it's just chargejumpchargejumpchargejump

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hu Tao is a character that's obviously very good damage wise
However I don't find her fun to play at all and only really bring her out for cryo hypostasis
Like the more I play Ayaka over time the more fun I have with her playstyle
With Hu Tao it's just chargejumpchargejumpchargejump

I brought out Yanfei for fun to demolish the Cryo Hypostasis again

Yanfei is so good. I think the reason I can't stand to play Ning is because Yanfei just feels so much better.

meataem

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 29, 2019
There hasn't been any rumors regarding a Scaramouche banner any time soon right?

Strangely enough, I'm more interested in him over any of the future Inazuma ladies + Signora. I'm hoping 2.2 really is the rumored Yae and/or rerun stuff so I have time to fill up on gems again. I want my big hat psychopath.

KraytarJ

Nov 14, 2017
I'm kinda the exact opposite in that I'd be tempted to roll on a Homa rerun and I'd definitely want to get her to C1 on her own rerun. She's basically the perfect mix of fun, strong, and a character I love.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Haven't seen much discussion yet but the upcoming Six 2-person team challenge in 2.1 is very interesting.

It requires 12 characters but you can only build synergy of 2-person teams. However you can also swap teams on the fly.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Decided to spend my 30 Acquaint Fate since there won't be any changes to the standard banner.

2x Beidou (C8), The Bell... and a Kaeya constellation (C2). If it wasn't for Kaeya it would have been pure useless trash.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Raiden is so beautifully drawn in the official 2.1 artwork. O:

E9PgV-HVIAIBfF3

Entire art:
E9Pp8RgVkAMFJ_n

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I think it started happening in this patch, but this character switch lag on controller has been affecting my performance.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Haven't seen much discussion yet but the upcoming Six 2-person team challenge in 2.1 is very interesting.

It requires 12 characters but you can only build synergy of 2-person teams. However you can also swap teams on the fly.

All the dps jocks fighting over who gets Bennett and Xingqiu

I think it started happening in this patch, but this character switch lag on controller has been affecting my performance.
In Abyss I really feel it and it's horrible
Didn't have that issue before this patch

KageYume

Aug 8, 2021
The latest character usage rate for Floor 12 saw Yoimiya jump to one tier above. I wonder if she can overtake Childe at the end of this patch.
Ayaka surpassed Bennett's usage rate for the first time.

briOz7Q.png

Last edited:

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
The new event speaks of a boxing martial art in Natlan. Sounds like a new fighting style at the latest there. :)

Awww I was just thinking earlier that I wish they had at least 7 weapon types so each archon could've had a unique weapon. Martial arts (good for stunning enemies) and knives (low damage but fastest among bladed weapons, or maybe you can go into aiming mode to throw them) for example.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Aloy's body really does not match her english voice, its soo weird but she looks soo fun to play.

A lot of my excitement for Aloy has subsided. She feels like an afterthought, not like the other characters that have so much care put into them. Her artwork looks basic, her model looks weird (why the teenage body?), her animations and effects look for a 5 star boring and plain and they couldn't even get Ashly Burch to voice her? Come on...:/

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of my excitement for Aloy has subsided. She feels like an afterthought, not like the other characters that have so much care put into them. Her artwork looks basic, her model looks weird (why the teenage body?), her animations and effects look for a 5 star boring and plain and they couldn't even get Ashly Burch to voice her? Come on...:/
Welcome to gacha collab characters.

KageYume

Aug 8, 2021

Her Elemental Skill looks like Klee's bombs but Cryo and Yoimiya's infusion.
Her Elemental Burst's zoom in animation looks like Venti's and the skill effect looks like Childe's Burst in bow stance.

At least she looks like a usable ranged Cryo unit.

Begaria

Oct 27, 2017

I'm gonna guess the meeting went like this:
MHY: We have a diverse range of body types to choose from; we have toddler, preteen, jiggle physics short and jiggle physics tall
Sony: >:(
MHY: Preteen it is

In Aloy's defense, she's never written to be "sexy". Everyone hits on her in Horizon Zero Dawn, and she just shrugs it off. She's also 19, which by our accounts is an adult, but still not too far from being a teenager.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Looking at Aloy, I think she's going to be an okay sub/support at least. Her E produce quite a lot particles (4? 5?) so with sac bow she can compete with Rosaria as offensive battery option for Cyro team.

Not convinced about her personal damage since her base stats are basically on 4* unit level. Weaker than Fischl, but a bit better than Diona. With no constellation to boost it further, she won't be powerful that's for sure. But who knows, she's cyro, maybe melt or freeze setup can elevate her.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Why does Kokomi look like she has on giant diapers?

That and the shoes bother me the most
-the shoes because the rest of her is so over the top mermaid themed and then she just has normal ass shoes on
-the diaper, she has the same issue as Raiden's outfit, they chopped the front of the outfit off at crotch height for the sake of viewing the diaper

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Mechanicus really needed a 2x/3x speed. So much time spent just sitting there and waiting. I managed to clear out the shop, but I have to question whether it was worth the time spent or not. Stage 10 took something like 15-20 minutes to go through each time. :/

hypersheep325

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Mechanicus really needed a 2x/3x speed. So much time spent just sitting there and waiting. I managed to clear out the shop, but I have to question whether it was worth the time spent or not. Stage 10 took something like 15-20 minutes to go through each time. :/
Yeah unfortunately the best solution is to build as forward as possible, and then get the range upgrades so that you can kill the monsters as quickly as you can.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah unfortunately the best solution is to build as forward as possible, and then get the range upgrades so that you can kill the monsters as quickly as you can.
But then I can't create a zone of instant death. There's nothing quite like stacking singular element towers, buffing them to high hell, and watching the anarchy. Although at the end, I was mostly just browsing my phone playing other gacha games once I had everything set up while things played out, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.