• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gure

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
So Raiden and Ganyu it is for me. After that I'll roll on some new character i might like.

Last edited:

hypersheep325

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The exact five stars on the rerun banner don't matter for me, as I'm probably just going to wish on them for the Inazuma four stars. Thoma and Gorou, here I come!

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Been a busy few days so decided to catch up on the OT and just made my way through those cursed pages.

Why.

Why.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Why is installing this game on PC so fucking hard?

I tried all the tips:
- Run as admin
- Change the directory
- Downloaded additional files

Nothing. Is. Working.

I keep getting the same verification error and having to re-download 20 GB, over and over again.

Someone please help.

Hmm any anti-virus active that might block it? Is your drive where you install it to in good condition?

tinthoh

Jan 13, 2018
I don't have a Ganyu so I don't really know what's good for her other than the obvious Amos
I went ahead and R5'd the Anemona Kageuchi and I'm loving it, I was on the fence between R1 black sword and this, but seeing so much ult charge fill up immediately after ulting is great, and blizzard strayer at least means Ayaka doesn't hate the loss of crit rate as much as other units

I'm thankful for leaks because I was close to going in on the Inazuma spear, now I get to save those billets
I also R5'd the sword for Ayaka. Her atk stat was rather low and had too much crit, so it was perfect. Also it fits so much better than the Black Sword, which she had before. No regrets!
Been a busy few days so decided to catch up on the OT and just made my way through those cursed pages.

Why.

Why.
You know you like it.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I had no idea so many CN players were unhappy with Yoimiya.

This kinda worries me because despite the person specifically not asking for power creep, that's all Mihoyo will see when everyone bans together and complains. I personally do not want to see any sort of power creep, although it's inevitable. The more that characters are released and not absurdly powerful the better. I already feel like weapons are power creepin' and that's no good either. But again, all I see when folks complain is Mihoyo over tuning.

Last edited:

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
You know you like it.

giphy.gif

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Urrgghhh, slid over into AR40, and everything is a struggle again.
Yeah, I also just got to AR40 and I can't say I'm enjoying it. It doesn't help that Yanfei at 80 is the only one properly levelled, since I changed my main team "recently". I should probably just go back to World Level 4, the difference in rewards is not that significant.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I got the new five star fire bow person thinking everything would be fine. I gotta stop rolling thinking there's no way I'll get a 5 star. I just wanted the 4 stars until a great 5 star is up. I got the water bow Childe guy 2 times! This game is cursing me, and I thought I was lucky getting Venti at the start, I don't use him.

On paper she sounds like she is great, a bow character that's into shooting explosive fireworks. Like Klee but attaching explosives on arrows. Also arrows need hit scan or something. No more bow characters please.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Yeah, I also just got to AR40 and I can't say I'm enjoying it. It doesn't help that Yanfei at 80 is the only one properly levelled, since I changed my main team "recently". I should probably just go back to World Level 4, the difference in rewards is not that significant.
AR39 at the moment and my main squad (Ayaka, Yoimiya, Sayu, Diona) is 69, 60, 60, 60 haha 😅😬

Sad thing is I haven't even done a quest on Inazuma since the initial 'defend the cart' mission to get off of the island you land on. So it's not like the XP from missions has been doing it. I've just been exploring the islands and doing the bosses lol. Like the pyro hypostasis, that one that splits into different machines, the puppet samurai etc. There's always so much to do in the overworld that XP just keeps rising.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
I had no idea so many CN players were unhappy with Yoimiya.

I wonder if literally the only reason Yoimiya exists is to have a 5 star banner they can sell Sayu with but were committed to not doing it with a rerun, because having Sayu on a more popular 5* banner would give much more value for fewer pulls so they just created a new character with minimal effort as possible.
This kinda worries me because despite the person specially not asking for power creep, that's all Mihoyo will see when everyone bans together and complains. I personally do not want to see any sort of power creep, although it's inevitable. The more that characters are released and not absurdly powerful the better. I already feel like weapons are power creepin' and that's no good either. But again, all I see when folks complain is Mihoyo over tuning.
Power creep is kind of a natural thing for games, but that is also why you don't want to see characters like Yoimiya in the state she is in because it is better to have some longevity than to be considered worse than the game's earliest and most basic characters immediately at release and well into the game's life cycle.

Deluxera

Mar 13, 2020
I recently completed the Kazari questlne (the sanctuary cleansing or whatever it's called) and it had some of the most hilariously bad French translation I've ever seen in a video game. So far I was very impressed of the French translation of Genshin Impact, considering it's from a Chinese company with no prior pedigree when it comes to FIGS localisation, and they managed to competently translate a game with huge amounts of text ; comparing it to the likes of Sega/Atlus who are just nowadays starting to translate their biggest games in languages other than English/Chinese/Korean.

Anyway the Kazari questline in Genshin is Duwang-tier localisation, even Google Translate could do a better job. I captured some of it so I may post it on Youtube eventough there may already been some online record. The rest of Inazuma seems on par with the rest of game fortunately, but this (very long) quest was so dramatically bad I wonder if Mihoyo's localisation process is starting to bend over its own weight. As I said, many prominent Asian/Japanese publishers are not even on the level of Genshin Impact on this regard (I just checked that The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles is not translated in French... And we're talking about Capcom here, not some indie Hong-Kong based VN studio).

Sorry for my rambling, most of you aren't even affected by this, but I felt it funny to share it.

PRed

Jan 7, 2018
When things can't be explained with incompetence or stupidity then it has to be on purpose

Yoimiya's gameplay kit being trash is on purpose and there'll be many more to come as we go through the Inazuma cast

She still sold like hotcakes to her intended audience: jp

that reddit refuses to comprehend this is pretty funny all things considered

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Yoimiya should have been a 4* instead of 5*. I mean, if she was, I don't think people gonna rage that much. If anything, constellation is easier to get too so it'll help masking the problem.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Here's Yoimiya:

5b45ff7e34714d938c0fd4883035b9e5_5860258747362811889.png

Hop on and join us on this crazy ride.

The ride will probably end along with the stream, finally new stuff to talk about.
Curse you Bansai.

I'm absolutely down to catch the update stream though, do we have a solid time for it? - just so I can use the countdown feature here. Excited!

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Curse you Bansai.

I'm absolutely down to catch the update stream though, do we have a solid time for it? - just so I can use the countdown feature here. Excited!

It should start in exactly 3 hours.

And don't you curse me, because I still have a lot of shiny heads to go around, ready to be unleashed at a moment's notice!

Xagarath

Oct 28, 2017
North-East England
The new tournament event seems reasonably easy on day 1, but I like how they're designing the difficulty levels - nobody gets locked out of primogems, but the higher difficulties are there for those who want them.
Hopefully later days will be more challenging.

Xanfrabot

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
CmkGboX.png

Got excited for a second there, but turns out it's just 120 primogems lol. Not even enough for a single pull.

KageYume

Aug 8, 2021
Rewatched Yoimiya and Ayaka's story quests recently and I love the contrast between "transience" and "eternity" theme in their quests.

For Yoimiya:
+ Fireworks are transient, in contrast with the eternity her Archon pursues. Yet, the firework slips that Yoimiya gives her customer can be used to recreate that "transience" for eternity.
+ Fireworks are transient. Yet, the memories at those "transient moments" stay in the people's heart for eternity (like the 50 years together of the couple in Konda village).

For Ayaka:
+ Inazuma-bound Ayaka is the "transient moment" in the traveller's eternal journey to find his/her sister/brother. Therefore, they had to part way at the end of her quest. (The traveller's life span and journey is "eternity" compared to the moment they spent together in Inazuma).

Sutton Dagger

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately this account system is spoiling my enjoyment of the game, no matter what I do l can't get my PS5 game file to transfer/link to the iPad. I did the whole new email/link account thing and it's still not working.

anemovision

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Aug 8, 2018
Unfortunately this account system is spoiling my enjoyment of the game, no matter what I do l can't get my PS5 game file to transfer/link to the iPad. I did the whole new email/link account thing and it's still not working.

whats happening exactly?

if you want to play your PS account elsewhere you just need to login as normal on that ps5 account and once in-game go to the pause menu Settings > Account > User Center > Link Account. a popup asking for an email/code will appear, put in an email address that isn't already a mihoyo account.

That email will get the code, put the code in on the ps5 window, then its linked.

Login on ipad using the email you just linked.

Status
Not open for further replies.