• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I first tried to play tower defense like last time, trying out different things and being a bit imaginative, but since they made it so much worse and unfair this time, I just spammed pyro towers, pyro towers upgrades and the one or other binding tower cheesing through all of it.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
W/r/t dupe 5*, I did immediately refine my Skyward Spine without thinking when I got the second copy, so that may have been a bad idea... but the only polearm user I have at all is Xiangling, so it'll be a while before I'd regret it at least. Worst case she gets something worse if I end up getting a character who'd make better use of it, I guess.

It's hard to see how they can continue to do re-runs in a timely manner under their current banner structure. I think we're likely to switch to 2 week limited banners, or possibly to add a second limited banner for re-runs, with a possibly a different length (e.g., there are two 'new' limited banners with 3 weeks duration, and the Ganyu re-run lasts for the six weeks of the patch.) I don't think there are enough new characters in the pipeline to make the second model sustainable in the long term.

The don't-put-that-idea-out-there model is to switch up the 5* on the standard banner each patch, so whales can chase Ganyu constellations or whatever. Add the weapon banner pity system to the standard banner for 'generosity.'

One thought I had is that they could offer permanent region-based banners for Mondstat and Liyue. This would help solve the issue of new players not being able to upgrade the characters they get too, since they could focus on the regions they can access. You could just cycle the featured characters on those banners every so often (...whether they want to keep the frustrating "only the featured 5* character + the Standard 5* characters" setup or be nice and have everyone from the region possible).

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Already had my primos for the event, but my mate fancied messing around with it in coop. It's mental how easy it is in coop.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So it seems like this last week MHY managed to fuck up every character for the upcoming banners? Sara is kinda useless with how short her buff is now , Kokomi seems to get nerfed every single day and she was kinda mid to begin with and now they even removed utility from Baal?

Whats the plan here?

I didn't expect Baal to be on Zhongli or even Venti level but on paper she seems like a "good" 5 star at best.

In regards to the strength of the new characters, I kind of feel like this might be the transition from making busted characters at C0 (i.e., Venti, Zhongli, Ganyu, etc.) to ones where you really want those constellation upgrades (Ayaka, Yoimiya, Baal, etc.). It almost makes me wonder if they might start introducing constellation unlock items with the Anniversary next month. With all of the characters present in the game, they need to do something. We're not getting re-runs to get those constellation unlocks, so unless they plan to address that then things are just going to become more and more bloated. Our last re-run was what? Klee? I don't even remember.

Like, I get it. Re-runs don't particularly bring in the money (unless you're an Archon or broken like Ganyu or Hu Tao), but lots of players still want to play with their favorites that they'll never get a chance to otherwise. Add in a third banner that rotates with past characters so players can pick up characters they missed out on or increase the constellations if they want to. I hope they do something, since with the speed of the re-runs it makes waiting for characters I originally passed on (i.e., Kazuha) excruciating. :/

I don't think it's a daily limit, just a limit they increase over time like that hide and seek event.
Even better!

I'll get around to it layer tonight and see how it goes. If all else fails, I'll just pyro and buff everything.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
so, apprently, the best setup with Yoimiya is to pair her with Fischl C6
and use crimson witch on her instead of the new artifacts.

she is actuall fire machine with this setup.

if i have the time, i would give her my Rust R4 and give Fischl Amos bow (her C6 Oz attack uses 30% or her basic attack or Fischl's attack with the weapon attack?)

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
My Fischl is only...C3 I think it is. I just hope Yoimiya pairs well with Baal.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
so, apprently, the best setup with Yoimiya is to pair her with Fischl C6
and use crimson witch on her instead of the new artifacts.

she is actuall fire machine with this setup.

if i have the time, i would give her my Rust R4 and give Fischl Amos bow (her C6 Oz attack uses 30% or her basic attack or Fischl's attack with the weapon attack?)

Interesting about the artifacts, hmm. Yeah mine is paired with C6 Fischl right now and they are unstoppable lol. Machine gun girls.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
(her C6 Oz attack uses 30% or her basic attack or Fischl's attack with the weapon attack?)
Total attack.
My Fischl is only...C3 I think it is. I just hope Yoimiya pairs well with Baal.
The reason C6 is good is because Oz attacks alongside every attack your on field character does, with no limit to it. Pretty much every other character has a 1 second limit between their off field attacks.

Imo Raiden is nice to use as her burst can be used during Yoimiya's E downtime (and visa versa). But her off field damage won't be as good as C6's Fischl's. (If it was me I would go with both and Bennett in the 4th slot).

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The reason C6 is good is because Oz attacks alongside every attack your on field character does, with no limit to it. Pretty much every other character has a 1 second limit between their off field attacks.

Imo Raiden is nice to use as her burst can be used during Yoimiya's E downtime (and visa versa). But her off field damage won't be as good as C6's Fischl's. (If it was me I would go with both and Bennett in the 4th slot).
Maybe MHY will be kind of put Fischl on Baal's banner. But then, three electro on a single banner might be a bit much. :/

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This massive story spoiler coming just in:

E8zHtM9VoAYa6qB

By https://abs-0.twimg.com/emoji/v2/svg/1f423.svg

I guess it was only a matter of time until Timmy would succumb to the dark side, the never ending agony and pain was just too much to bear.

I'm really excited for Sumeru. I'm expecting some absolutely gorgeous landscapes, architecture and playable character designs. I hope they can reach the quality of a design like Dohalim. I mean, Mihoyo definitely can. Designs like Zhongli or Ningguang are already beautiful.

Oct 27, 2017
So how often does the permanent banner rotate 5star characters? I'm getting close to pity on it from just receiving those standard wishes over time and I don't really need any of the current ones.

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
So how often does the permanent banner rotate 5star characters? I'm getting close to pity on it from just receiving those standard wishes over time and I don't really need any of the current ones.
As of right now, the permanent banner has seen no permanent additions for 5 star characters or weapons. Character options are still Mona, Keqing, Jean, Diluc or Qiqi.

That's a big part of why so many people are hoping we'll see some additions next month for the anniversary.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
In regards to the strength of the new characters, I kind of feel like this might be the transition from making busted characters at C0 (i.e., Venti, Zhongli, Ganyu, etc.) to ones where you really want those constellation upgrades (Ayaka, Yoimiya, Baal, etc.). It almost makes me wonder if they might start introducing constellation unlock items with the Anniversary next month. With all of the characters present in the game, they need to do something. We're not getting re-runs to get those constellation unlocks, so unless they plan to address that then things are just going to become more and more bloated. Our last re-run was what? Klee? I don't even remember.

Like, I get it. Re-runs don't particularly bring in the money (unless you're an Archon or broken like Ganyu or Hu Tao), but lots of players still want to play with their favorites that they'll never get a chance to otherwise. Add in a third banner that rotates with past characters so players can pick up characters they missed out on or increase the constellations if they want to. I hope they do something, since with the speed of the re-runs it makes waiting for characters I originally passed on (i.e., Kazuha) excruciating. :/

Even better!

I'll get around to it layer tonight and see how it goes. If all else fails, I'll just pyro and buff everything.
Ayaka is easily top tier even at C0, you really don't feel like you want more constellations.

Kokomi
seems like a lost cause. People literally only want her to be a decent hydro applier, and it doesn't seem like she's even that.

martson2

Dec 18, 2017
you can also get 5 star weapons from the standard banner, it's not a guaranteed 5 star character.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
Heres another works with C6 Fischl and Yoimiya's burst
use bennet, then Yoimiya's burst, then switch Fischl and put Oz, the back to Yoimiya.
Oz gonna do shit damge with Yoimiya's burst sign and normal attack in the same time.

Last edited:

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
This massive story spoiler coming just in:

E8zHtM9VoAYa6qB

By https://abs-0.twimg.com/emoji/v2/svg/1f423.svg

I guess it was only a matter of time until Timmy would succumb to the dark side, the never ending agony and pain was just too much to bear.

I'm really excited for Sumeru. I'm expecting some absolutely gorgeous landscapes, architecture and playable character designs. I hope they can reach the quality of a design like Dohalim. I mean, Mihoyo definitely can. Designs like Zhongli or Ningguang are already beautiful.

your link to the timmie art isn't working

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Witch of Miracles

One Winged Slayer
Jun 13, 2019
United Kingdom

If they do then I feel like they would give you a special item that you need to collect x-numbers of and then exchange for a select handful of characters Stella Fortuna. They'll give them out as the highest tier locked reward in events or special hard challenge fights that only the best geared and dedicated players will be able to clear, driving up engagement. AKA they'll make it hard to get but not tooo hard.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, one of the many channels I follow for game critiques just put out one for Genshin. Starting it right now, but his past work is good enough to recommend it beforehand:

From the comments, it seems like he also goes in-depth on the gacha culture overall, curious to see how that particular segment turned out. Also, he recently made a very good video on Chinese Indie scene, so if you're bored at work, or like to listen while playing, have at it.

0ff39e30cc51cd2c4141d9f28476ccd9524c1524.jpg

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I was further from the pity then I thought I was in the standard banner, so I used my fate weaves to try for some Rust refinements (or 4* character dupes). Two multi in I get a rainbow animation. Of course. Skyward Spine.

It's new for me at least, and could be useful for Baal. Maybe? Just happy it's wasnt a Qiqi C2 or Diluc.

Ayaka is easily top tier even at C0, you really don't feel like you want more constellations.

Kokomi
seems like a lost cause. People literally only want her to be a decen
t hydro applier, and it doesn't seem like she's even that.
Oh, for sure. Ayaka is indeed great at C0, I just really want the unlock where I get more of those elemental burst things. Three of them looks to be so much fun. Maybe one day...

But yeah, poor
Kokomi
. :(
If they do then I feel like they would give you a special item that you need to collect x-numbers of and then exchange for a select handful of characters Stella Fortuna. They'll give them out as the highest tier locked reward in events or special hard challenge fights that only the best geared and dedicated players will be able to clear, driving up engagement. AKA they'll make it hard to get but not tooo hard.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I know they'd likely be super rare, but even a little something would be appreciated. Here's hoping it happens!

Though then I'm sure I'd just hoard them like I do grails in FGO, lol.

Oct 27, 2017
As of right now, the permanent banner has seen no permanent additions for 5 star characters or weapons. Character options are still Mona, Keqing, Jean, Diluc or Qiqi.

That's a big part of why so many people are hoping we'll see some additions next month for the anniversary.
Oh ok so the 5stars have never rotated? That's pretty insane. Guess I'll have to try and be patient even though this game makes it almost impossible to be with wishes.

Witch of Miracles

One Winged Slayer
Jun 13, 2019
United Kingdom
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I know they'd likely be super rare, but even a little something would be appreciated. Here's hoping it happens!

Though then I'm sure I'd just hoard them like I do grails in FGO, lol.
I use to think the same, hoard my grails in case someone i must grail came out Manaka when? but now i'm just recklessly spending them and now i'm down to just 5, used 15 during the anniversary.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I use to think the same, hoard my grails in case someone i must grail came out Manaka when? but now i'm just recklessly spending them and now i'm down to just 5, used 15 during the anniversary.
I wish I had your strength, lol. I really should start using more of them. Maybe keep a handful for a "break glass in case of emergency" situation or whatever.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
Question, wasn't there a speculation about adding Ayaka to the permanent banner? and add her to the 50/50 list?

Witch of Miracles

One Winged Slayer
Jun 13, 2019
United Kingdom
I wish I had your strength, lol. I really should start using more of them. Maybe keep a handful for a "break glass in case of emergency" situation or whatever.
Grails are a great way to give servants you love the glow they deserve, no point leaving them to collect dust. As long as you keep 5/7 for emergency, go ham with them. Just don't 120 anyone. . trust me, thats where true hell exists.

Are we expecting anything decent this anniversary? Should I be saving or is it expected to be crap?
Anniversary is a complete mystery atm, I have low expectations (I think they'll do "free pick any 4* char") but it doesn't hurt to be cautious.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I want my Mona god damnit.
(Please don't give me Mona though on first Raiden pity, lol.)

Last edited:

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
LOL

So I was about to cave and finally drop some money on the game only to get the message telling me to top up on a different device. Don't feel like digging out either my phone or ipad to find out which one I used and having to update on it, so I guess it just saved me from spending any money.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Grails are a great way to give servants you love the glow they deserve, no point leaving them to collect dust. As long as you keep 5/7 for emergency, go ham with them. Just don't 120 anyone. . trust me, thats where true hell exists.

Anniversary is a complete mystery atm, I have low expectations (I think they'll do "free pick any 4* char") but it doesn't hurt to be cautious.

i really hope they reset the bonus for top op.

Hoping for the best, which for me, would be some sort of anniversary banner. Not sure what it would offer, but some novel twist on the wish system would be cool.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Can I have someone's Jean or Keqing? I'll gladly trade you my Diluc

Here, have my Jean. :)
You can keep Diluc though, I'm already long in the Diluc Haver Club.

6915ab60e52c18385c9bd986a18d85b1.gif

LOL

So I was about to cave and finally drop some money on the game only to get the message telling me to top up on a different device. Don't feel like digging out either my phone or ipad to find out which one I used and having to update on it, so I guess it just saved me from spending any money.

That was divine intervention! Better leave it at that.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
if mihoyo decide to add level 100, but to ascend a character to level 100, you have to use a crown
would you do it?

AOkQTC3.jpg

fOwaqS9.jpg

not only it gives you free skin, but 2 new talant level to 15 (if you have C6)

which character would you sacrifice a crown to do this?

For me, Hu Tao and Zhongli
I need more shield.
and i love Hu Tao and her gameplay.

Last edited:

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Mock up is accurate.

"Congratulations, you've spent several hours, over days and maybe even weeks building your character to peak potential...

... here, have a single fate for your trouble."

Status
Not open for further replies.