• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
The thing that's bugging me about the Mechanicus event is that the early rounds of a stage don't always give you good guidance about whether or not you're prepared for the final rounds of a stage.

A few times I've finished round three thinking, "Woo, yeah, this is a great setup," only to watch all the enemies on round 4 skip right on through my towers, almost unharmed.

I like the cards--it's something to do after you've laid down your towers--but I want the game to signal a little better about how I'm doing.

Sanlei

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah theres really no sense to which buffs are "just enough" or what is under/overkill. So its always preferable to just buff in case.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I said it yesterday but I mainly wish you could place more towers. It feels really weird that you have all those places to put them and are then super super limited on how many you can actually use.

I also think they could be clearer about how you can do stuff by yourself. You can knock back enemies, you can apply elements, etc. and that's extremely useful if enemies are slipping past your current setup.

...also this is minor but I wish the ominous stuff was a bit "nicer" with the penalties it picks, it sucks to do it on a +1 atk card and get -2 of the same thing. But maybe the issue is more that it's kinda not a great system to begin with, since the majority of the drawbacks just make me think "well I'm literally not touching that type this time anyway" instead of making you have to deal with an interesting challenge in exchange for the reward.

Kaboomball Kombat is gonna be hard to beat though, that event was GARBAGE.

...I really liked that one, so I'm surprised to hear that from someone, hah. It was super quick to do and the minigame was very simple.

besides, nothing is as bad as the infuriatingly difficult boss fight with multipliers events

Oct 27, 2017
Yo I am not having any fun with the Pale Flame artifacts.

I am legit 0 on helm/sands, and only some acceptable 2-substat ones for feather/flower. I got some ok for Mililith, and Pale Flame goblets for Xiao Anemo. Previously got a really good Pale Flame goblet for Klee...

Eula we got a problem, there is no gear for you. Freaking Xiao got the upgrade for like extra 2 good substat rolls over what he previously had.

I keep trying because resin is whatever at this point, but as soon as Albedo finds all of his pieces... what then.

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
...I really liked that one, so I'm surprised to hear that from someone, hah. It was super quick to do and the minigame was very simple.

besides, nothing is as bad as the infuriatingly difficult boss fight with multipliers events
My biggest issue is it felt like the longest 3 minutes of my life, and the actual "meat" of the event was pretty dull. I love a good pong/tennis type game, but this one was just so boring IMO.

Where it super fell apart is the moment I tried to play it coop with my wife. We both have good connections and no real lag when playing normally (bosses, domains, comissions, etc) but for whatever reason that event had us at like 500+ ping the entire time.

...that said, yeah, the boss fight with multipliers events are VERY dull.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Most of the complaints on the tower defense are "too difficult!"

Half of y'all don't even understand the mechanics properly and seems don't bother to read either.

This is why I can't take the negativity in this thread seriously.

The reward requirements don't need perfect runs and the random buffs feel like those you choose in roguelikes which means you need to adjust strategy on the fly.

This rerun has more depth than the previous grind fest which was just rerunning the same level over and over to get materials.
There's negativity and then there are valid, constructive, criticisms. Seems like you're the one not bothering to read peoples' posts.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
New tower defense feels better on mobile at least, it was a pain to run around to towers on mobile before to upgrade / rebuild - though technically everything even a little complex is a pain on mobile.

The Banishment towers cheese wins so ridiculously well after just a couple of upgrades that it's basically cheating.

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
In other news, managed to reach second pity on weapon banner from event/BP/abyss primos and got another skyward atlas???? Game, pls, I have like four of these freaking things now and yes my Klee loves her beef af catalyst but if you're gonna give me something off-banner can it please be something other than what I got boned by on the previous one??? LOL. Damn.... Genshin sure is a cruel mistress jflas;d

At least that damn bow is within my sight now. Soon. 👀

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
I feel like enjoyment of the new tower defense is related to if you think gacha draws are exciting or a necessary evil.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
The only gacha thing I'd compare it to is rerolling, otherwise it's not really the same kind of rng.

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't have any kind of beginner's guide on hand myself -- maybe someone else might know of one to send your way?
But I can at least clear up the terms you mentioned!

Wish = this has two meanings -- within the game, wishes = banners (aka Character Event Wish), but the community commonly uses 'wish' to mean a pull/summon on the gacha banner. E.g., you use primogems or fates to wish on the character banner.
Resin = basically a stamina system; you build up resin as time passes and use it to obtain the goodies from ley lines, domains, and boss fights. It's the number at the top right corner of your map that lists x/160 -- x being how much resin you currently have. The stored limit is 160, but I believe you can get up to 180 resin every 24 hours. Fragile Resin is an item that you can use to gain 60 extra resin. Condensed Resin is an item you can craft to store 40 resin for later use on ley lines and domains (excludes bosses), and is separate from the 160 amount.
R0/R4 = weapon refinement level (r = refinement; 4 = level 4). If you have duplicates of a weapon, you can use the duplicates to refine it and boost its abilities. In a similar vein, constellations or cons (C0, C4, etc) refer to character duplicates.

And to start, I'd honestly just focus on the story & exploration and let yourself slowly feel out the various systems as you go. Just make sure to only spend your primogems on the limited time character banners (NOT the standard banner) and don't bother grinding artifacts until you reach AR45. It's also recommended you focus on building up one primary DPS & team to start -- don't spread your resources out too much early on or you may find yourself under leveled later. There isn't really anything else you can do wrong, though, so don't worry about things too much. It's definitely super overwhelming at first, but as you ease into it more and more things will slowly start to make more sense, promise.

If there are any other stuff you're confused about, though, definitely don't hesitate to ask!
Sorry for the late reply, but I appreciate the response here! You definitely gave me a little better understanding of some of the systems in the game and I think at this point my best bet will be just taking your advice and focusing mostly on the main story here and hoping that some of the systems just make more sense as I play. I don't have a ton of primo gems or anything to pull for any characters right now anyway so I'll just take my time and appreciate the story that I've got right now haha.

But thanks again! If I have any more questions I'll be sure to ask them here.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
just stick a bunch of pyro mechanici with a couple cryo mechanici (to enable melt) and an arcanum in the middle then only grab upgrades for the pyro mechanici and you'll be fine. also make use of charity and charity speed debuff = tower defense on easy mode

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Anyone else look at those "ideal stat ratio" charts and despair
Where do you people get crit rate
I have stupid levels of crit damage and nothing else

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Anyone else look at those "ideal stat ratio" charts and despair
Where do you people get crit rate
I have stupid levels of crit damage and nothing else
It's crazy right? Like 50% crit just falls off trees lol

Real talk though, getting a crit hit helm is truly key.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
It's crazy right? Like 50% crit just falls off trees lol

Real talk though, getting a crit hit helm is truly key.

Either crit rate or EM hats have to be my lowest drops in the game
Crit rate hats also having the worst substats possible, and never being on set
At this point should I just level and use them even if the substats are bad?

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
TXBZugA.jpg

Yeah, you all warned me. :P
I guess I'll wait for someone who can make good use of this.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh no, I'm prefarming for Baal's new signature weapon

This is a dark path

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Either crit rate or EM hats have to be my lowest drops in the game
Crit rate hats also having the worst substats possible, and never being on set
At this point should I just level and use them even if the substats are bad?
5* lv 20 hats give 31% crit rate, so they really do make a humongous gain in that stat. If you aren't getting lucky with your other artifact pieces rolling 7-10% crit rate sub stats each, that crit rate helm could make up for it by itself. All the artifact stats are such balancing acts. You take what you can get from wherever you can get it. It's not like we can realistically give weapons with crit rate to all the characters either. I'd recommend at least leveling a couple crit rate helms in the mean time before you find better ones.

Last edited:

Saito Hikari

Jul 3, 2021
I have this.

unknown.png

This was before I knew any better. Now I await the day where I am allowed to reroll the main stat. Or maybe I'll just leave it like this for Zhongli, or for something entirely different in the long run.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I have this.

unknown.png

This was before I knew any better. Now I await the day where I am allowed to reroll the main stat. Or maybe I'll just leave it like this for Zhongli, or for something entirely different in the long run.
Fuck dude, that's a mighty fine hat. Zhong Li would wear it with honor.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Out of the remaining standard banner weapon that might show up in the Raiden spear banner, only unforged feels crappy.

Everything else are worth it to pull on the weapon banner imo.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
Never roll on weapon unless you want/are fine with both banner weapons
You never think you can get 5 copies of one banner weapon until it happens to you (Yeah we have the fate point system now but you get the point)

Saito Hikari

Jul 3, 2021
Fuck dude, that's a mighty fine hat. Zhong Li would wear it with honor.

My Zhongli is full support build, but I also legit don't know how to build a hybrid/burst damage one. Although I guess it just boils down to 'stack HP artifacts and try to get as much crit/crit damage substats as you can'.

I guess with this godly hat for him, I should actually try.

Sanlei

Oct 25, 2017
Did try Pure Anemo, Pure Cryo and Pure Hydro Tower Defense. All valid for perfect runs ofc as everything gets OP with spamming buffs. Anemo felt the weakest, but could also been just not great buff luck.

Was bored of it. So I tried only 7 Physical Crackshots + 6 Arcanum + 1 Charity. Not sure if Arcanum's stack, so maybe they were useless, but just wanted to see the result. And it did work for a perfect run on Stage 7. 12 Physical Crackshots were just Overkill before. Did also spam Defense/HP/Integrity Buffs for Enemies whenever I could near the end, they still couldnt get through.

Maybe i should try 1 Arcanum + 1 Charity + 4 Physical Crackshots and rest full of Bindings/Banish Towers next, still havent used them yet lol

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Someone who can make good use of the Skyward Blade will come out at some point. Kinda like how that Amos Bow became best-in-slot for Ganyu.

Sanlei

Oct 25, 2017
Did Stage 8 with only 4 Physical Crackshots, 1 Arcanum, 2 Charity, 7 Banishment Towers.
Way too easy for a perfect run, but Banishment Buffs are probably the rarest, so had to roll once with Sayu to break shields as Chaos Orbs for the Crackshots took their sweet time to appear as buffs as well.

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'm one of the ones that prefer the new version. It feels like it opens up more options whereas the last one it felt like there was like one or two ideal options each stage.

I tried the mine build on the stage with 3 portals and it was kind of hilarious. One shot each ruin hunter at the end.

zeropercent

Teyvat Traveler
May 13, 2020
I got a full pyro run with double flare upgrades and the one that turns the floor into lava, everything melted, it was great

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Remember early in the game when events cost Resin? What a dark time that was

As someone sitting on about 80 Fragile Resin, I wouldn't complain if they brought them back, haha. I'm a patient person and have 15 level 90 characters with minimum 6/9/9 talents with solid weapons and artifacts all from taking my time with natural resin since launch.

I'm saving my refills for when there's truly something compelling to use them on that had a limited timeframe, like those EXP book events, but hopefully more compelling. Those who actually burn through all their fragile resin as soon as they get it will likely be kicking themselves when limited time resin events do come about. MiHoYo stands to profit off of a resin squeeze. Patience is key with resin right now, IMO.

Peradam

Jan 11, 2018
Wanderer's troupe is ideal for melt compositions which incidentally makes cryo resonance useless, so that is an appropriate amount of crit. I would definitely suggest switching to Blizzard Strayer if you're trying to freeze, but those stats look great for Wanderer's melt.
Reminded me of how long it took to get a decent blizzard set, and it still doesn't have enough crit rate. I wouldn't advise switching if someone already has a good wanderer's set (big 'if' since you can't farm it easily), it performs well enough in freeze comps.

KageYume

Aug 8, 2021
Out of the remaining standard banner weapon that might show up in the Raiden spear banner, only unforged feels crappy.

The Unforged isn't in standard banner. Zhongli's weapon banner is the only banner where both featured 5* weapons are event-exclusive (Vortex Vanquisher + The Unforged).

Wanderer's troupe is ideal for melt compositions which incidentally makes cryo resonance useless, so that is an appropriate amount of crit. I would definitely suggest switching to Blizzard Strayer if you're trying to freeze, but those stats look great for Wanderer's melt.

Yeah you're right. I totally forgot about Ganyu Melt comp.
I still think BS is the set to aim for due to how well Morgana comp performs and it frees up Bennett for the other Abyss comp.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I dont even feel like spending resin sometimes lol. i wish there was a menu that would just let me spend it on mora or books or whatever

BMO=GOAT

Oct 26, 2017
I have a Wanderer troupe set on my ganyu on non melt shots i do between 16k-18k on the regular charged shot, for the arrow flake it goes between 34k-37k. On melt set up i get around 55k arrow flake without any kind of resonance or buff/debuff. Iirc im sitting on 45crit rate and 190 crit dmg

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
I dont even feel like spending resin sometimes lol. i wish there was a menu that would just let me spend it on mora or books or whatever

You can actually burn it instantly at the blacksmith on those weapon upgrade crystals if you just want to expend and get your adventure tank exp!

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
Watched that NeverKnowsBest video. Not a single word I disagreed with. Captured all the things I love & hate about this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.