• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
It's rare I click on a YouTube video and it doesn't immediately start with b-roll footage of the player popping Zhongli's shield.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Are you sure about that? He's from what I have seen or heard highly regarded, as a must pull, everywhere.
What or who is KQM TC by the way?

Keqingmains (KQM) was a discord server about Keqing but now has branched out and become a place for Genshin theorycrafting (TC) in general. Probably the biggest one on the western community. Basically they do calculations and make guides. Math youtubers like JinJinx (used to be), TenTen, IWinToLose, etc you'll find them show up on their discord server from time to time just to discuss or compare or get their material for their content.

But anyway, here's a tierlist from recent KQM stream on their twitch channel (sorry for bad quality, I'm on my phone lol)

Screenshot-20210813-014605-Samsung-Internet.jpg

Anyway tierlist is tierlist. CN, JP, Western list all have different ranking, different criteria, different context, so yeah...
(Don't ask my opinion on this. I like Rosaria but I don't get how she get so high. Not enough braincells on my part.)

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
Keqingmains (KQM) was a discord server about Keqing but now has branched out and become a place for Genshin theorycrafting (TC) in general. Probably the biggest one on the western community. Basically they do calculations and make guides. Math youtubers like JinJinx (used to be), TenTen, IWinToLose, etc you'll find them show up on their discord server from time to time just to discuss or compare or get their material for their content.

But anyway, here's a tierlist from recent KQM stream on their twitch channel (sorry for bad quality, I'm on my phone lol)

Anyway tierlist is tierlist. CN, JP, Western list all have different ranking, different criteria, different context, so yeah...
(Don't ask my opinion on this. I like Rosaria but I don't get how she get so high. Not enough braincells on my part.)

poor QiQi damn lol

MildSoss

Oct 25, 2017
How is a character that lets you by face tank boss attack phases not broken? lol Doesn't that equate to more DPS up time? A properly set up Zhongli lets you completely ignore Azdaha's stupid triple stomp and just keep swinging away at him.

EDIT: Holy shit, i just saw that tier list. lol

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
Damn so sad to see the only colored person at the bottom of that list.... She has such a cool design too. I don't like her southern accent in the English version though.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I do approve of Benny being SSS tier. All hail the incognito pyro archon, lol.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Nice tier list. I am a believer in Beidou supremacy.

I call Raiden Baal normally because it's only 4 letters.

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
Man this tower defense game is too time consuming Im a missing something or there is no way to speed things up? Hardly worth it to waste 15 minutes to lose on the last wave.

Maedhros

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I use Bennett but I really don't find him that good at all... it's built as support, but I really prefer using Jean over him, for heals and the ATK Speed bonus from C2 for most content (it even makes exploration better because usually I use Kazuha or Xiao as main on the group and the Anemo sinergy is great for movement).

MildSoss

Oct 25, 2017
Man this tower defense game is too time consuming Im a missing something or there is no way to speed things up? Hardly worth it to waste 15 minutes to lose on the last wave.
I completely skipped it last time and it had a crown in the store. Now with no sort of thing in there i'm more inclined to skip it this time as well. It takes way too long to complete.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

What a strange tier list lmao. Rosaria being higher than Hu Tao, Eula, and Zhongli is...bizarre to put it lightly.

anotherdoof

Oct 27, 2017

So based one the first few stages, here are some lessons.

1. Check out the stages restricted towers. It's on the bottom at the stage select screen and determines which towers you cannot buff
2. Knowing that, set your team for proper reactions if you need to
3. Build a few non blocked towers, and then spam cards until you get the 1500 buffs, they are pretty broken. Feel free to reset if you don't get them
4. Keep building those towers with some of the movement reduction towers to aid in aiming, keep grabbing ATK, EM, Range buffs for those towers
5. Win

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
It's pretty clearly explained in-game how she got her vision and him. She's not traumatized, she's just a huge nerd that liked some books a lot, lol.

Thanks. Hate to give up the story I'd imagined but it's better to know.

Wasn't she in the library when her vision and Oz appeared? XD

Yes, I was wrong :(

By the way, i deeply regret not pulling for Kazuha. I feel like he would do a ton of work in my team comps.

I wish he and Yoimiya had been switched, I'd probably be pulling for him right now.

Oct 27, 2017

Are you sure this isn't some kind of memer/moderator who isn't exactly good in the game?

Keqingmains is kind of the meme turning into a community, with guides being published by separate members and just living under the same website. I don't think the mods of these superchannels or websites are exactly the figures of authority when it comes to giving as good overview as possible.

You put Razor and Eula on the same tier... Like... You can prefer one character, but it is the math that separates them. If you do the basic math, or some DPS combo check, you just cannot reach the conclusion that these are somehow equal...

I like the other tier list you publish, from some Chinese dude. It falls in line of how I understand you are supposed to play the game, how damage values stack, and generally just feels right and in-line with many other evaluations.

ArcticDonkey

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Nice to see Beidou rated appropriately high but yeah, I'll need some in depth explanation on the Zhongli placement.

I guess I should build Rosaria.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

So many things on this baffle me, but as you said, tier list gonna tier list.

At least the CN one that gets published a lot makes sense. This just seems all over the place. I refuse to think Keqing is somehow better than freaking Klee or on par with Hu Tao.

EDIT: Didn't even see Kaeya being above all the pyro DPS minus Xiangling. Tyaren Did you make this tier list? :P

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rosaria, especially C6 Rosaria, is a good double cryo enabler for Eula or other DPS.

But putting her above Zhongli is hysterical and wrong by every metric. It must be a troll or meme.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

Iirc Rosaria applies Cyro on every hit of her burst, which is better than anyone else's Cryo application as a sub dps. And it lasts a while with the con.

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017

I think I remember being here and he said it was based on performance/ease of investment. With that being the case some people could be argued are higher/lower its not too bad of a list. I'm sure if it was straight DPS only it would be quite different.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think I remember being here and he said it was based on performance/ease of investment. With that being the case some people could be argued are higher/lower its not too bad of a list. I'm sure if it was straight DPS only it would be quite different.
So it's based off Investment vs Payoff? I get everything S and above, but it's when you get to A and the bottom, that it starts to get weird, even with it not being based on just DPS.

anotherdoof

Oct 27, 2017
So it's based off Investment vs Payoff? I get everything S and above, but it's when you get to A and the bottom, that it starts to get weird, even with it not being based on just DPS.

Yeah I can kind of see it because some characters need 5* weapons to really shine versus some can get it done with 4* weapons, just one example.

But tierlists were always kind of silly in this game.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Are you sure this isn't some kind of memer/moderator who isn't exactly good in the game?

Keqingmains is kind of the meme turning into a community, with guides being published by separate members and just living under the same website. I don't think the mods of these superchannels or websites are exactly the figures of authority when it comes to giving as good overview as possible.

You put Razor and Eula on the same tier... Like... You can prefer one character, but it is the math that separates them. If you do the basic math, or some DPS combo check, you just cannot reach the conclusion that these are somehow equal...

I like the other tier list you publish, from some Chinese dude. It falls in line of how I understand you are supposed to play the game, how damage values stack, and generally just feels right and in-line with many other evaluations.

Haha, pretty sure they're serious.

I mean tier SSS and Tier SS are somewhat accurate, if you think it like it's list where they want to push 4* units over 5*. They are theorycrafters afterall, ofc they want to proof that 4* unit with correct build and play can actually beat 5*. They love Beidou and Xiangling (I've seen the math, these two deserve the push).

Tiers below tho. Very different with CN list.

Iirc Rosaria applies Cyro on every hit of her burst, which is better than anyone else's Cryo application as a sub dps. And it lasts a while with the con.

Individually yes. But what meta comps actually running Rosaria? Probably only on Eula comp as battery. Diona is lower rated but actually wanted by Ganyu/Ayaka/Eula team aka the more meta pick.

Then the list is trickier than what it seems, hmm.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
10 pulls into the Standard Banner after getting Mona and got C1 Keqing.

Sad a bit because I am still missing Jean but it sounds cool for my Electro Keqing so also happy for it!

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I get that daily quest in Inazuma every day for that lady who wants to taste Liyue cuisine and every day has been snacks. After making her lotus flower crisp every day and running out of materials I decided to gather some and make a bunch of the dish in bulk to appease the gluttonous pain in the ass.

And what does she want today? Fish.

Screw you lady

anotherdoof

Oct 27, 2017
I get that daily quest in Inazuma every day for that lady who wants to taste Liyue cuisine and every day has been snacks. After making her lotus flower crisp every day and running out of materials I decided to gather some and make a bunch of the dish in bulk to appease the gluttonous pain in the ass.

And what does she want today? Fish.

Screw you lady

There's a secret to this one

Give her a Suspicious version of a dish for a follow up commission

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I can kind of see it because some characters need 5* weapons to really shine versus some can get it done with 4* weapons, just one example.

But tierlists were always kind of silly in this game.

Doesn't work with Childe. Childe needs quite a specific artifact set + Rust/5* bow to shine. Kazuha is easier to build because he can work with a craftable sword much better than Venti.

Whatever. Some of the composition lists or the Chinese dude tier-list are much better launching points for the discussion that this. This is some sort of preferece + budget + stream content graphic.

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that Zhong Li was so bad they not only had to buff him but his entire element to get to where he is now

Pretty sad ngl

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Individually yes. But what meta comps actually running Rosaria? Probably only on Eula comp as battery. Diona is lower rated but actually wanted by Ganyu/Ayaka/Eula team aka the more meta pick.
Hmm I think it comes down to how you construct your tier list. If you're basing it purely on the strength of the meta teams then sure, you would be right. But if you're basing it on the unit's strength within the comps that want to run them, then their take makes more sense. If you want to run a melt team and you need someone to apply Cryo then Rosaria is the best option. Equally, in the teams that want Diona, how much value does she actually add? That's how I think they've viewed it.

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
Yeah I'm not entirely sure what differenciates the top A from lower S. I believe he said zhongli is really meant to be straight utility and doesn't really shine or provide much dps so he's in that particular spot. He also moved fischl down one tier and said it was probably too early to place Sayu and Yoimiya. That's about all I remember.

maxxatom

Nov 6, 2017
Kansas City
I just started playing last week and am really enjoying my time so far. I'm just on AR 27 and have mostly been spending my time boppin around, exploring, doing my daily commissions and BP tasks, and doing a story quest when my heart so moves me.

I get a little overwhelmed thinking about how to spend my time and resin each day and what is truly the most important use of my time. There seems to be a lot to do but I know that will slow down some once I start to catch up on quests and exploration.

It also seems like resources are rare enough that I should focus on maxing out a few characters. I've really just been using the 4-5 people I think are most fun for me but I have no clue of their viability or if they are actually good and worth investing in.

I haven't had the best gacha luck so my main team is Bennett, Mona, Noelle, and Kaeya/Fischl. Sitting in my barracks in have Amber, Beidou, Lisa, Xingqui, Barbara, and the traveler. Should I focus on any of them or make some changes to me base team?

please help me I'm stupid 😞

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I'm trying to conceptualize Childe over Hu Tao.

Childe is purely an Enabler for the real damage dealer in his comps. Say what you want about Hu Tao's lack of AoE, but she does REAL damage to what she actually is hitting.

Chumunga64

Banned
Jun 22, 2018
Keqing Mains, Theory crafters. They were the first "Insert character - Main" reddit and are kind of the most prominent testers of everything on the Western side of things. If you've read any sort of data spreadsheet, seen a damage chart, or anything of that nature, it was likely done by someone from Keqing Mains.

Holy shit I was right about it being keqing mains?? Lmao I thought it was something else and made a keqing joke because of her feelings on zhongli

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017

This has to be a joke list. Hu Tao, Eula, and Zhong Li in Tier A? List is bogus already.

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
So based one the first few stages, here are some lessons.

1. Check out the stages restricted towers. It's on the bottom at the stage select screen and determines which towers you cannot buff
2. Knowing that, set your team for proper reactions if you need to
3. Build a few non blocked towers, and then spam cards until you get the 1500 buffs, they are pretty broken. Feel free to reset if you don't get them
4. Keep building those towers with some of the movement reduction towers to aid in aiming, keep grabbing ATK, EM, Range buffs for those towers
5. Win

Thanks a lot for the tips, and yeah after focusing purely on the 1500 cards it becomes a lot easier (and faster xD)

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017

Nerfing her healing but giving her a slightly base ATK increase while Raiden Shogun gets a buff every other day.

#Pray4Kokomi

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
The big problem with Electro now is that

Beidou and Baal's Multipliers are insane.

And buffing Electro would make everyone else viable, but those Two ACTUAL PROBLEMS

Status
Not open for further replies.