• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I like Paimon too and I think particularly her English VA is killing it. The only thing I dislike is that Paimon is constantly made to speak for the protagonist and is constantly repeating just learned exposition as if we're little dummies. :/

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure that would happen, to get the Geo daddy buffs we needed the Chinese fanbase to get into a nationalistic fervor about the Chinese archon being bad. I don't think Raiden would ever cause the same level of outrage among the Chinese fanbase.

Its best to think of Zhongli's buffs as a one time thing that they won't ever repeat.
I just want to see Electro reactions improved, and most importantly Electro resonance. With how Baal's kit is rn, if she has any major issues it will be because those two things are weak. I think they're more willing to buff in game systems than characters.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Is it a good idea to level Chongyun, to replace Kaeya? I think it might work better with Yanfei to get elemental reactions. And then something like Xiangling for the elemental resonance and Noelle as support (and because she's fun to use).

As a side note, I really want another archer, it is fun but I don't particularly enjoy Amber.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
People thought she wouldn't be strong? She's a freakin' Archon, of course she will be, haha.

The doubters, they will be ashamed of their words and deeds. All bow before the Electro Goddess.

The best part about Baal is that it feels like someone asked themselves "how can I make a perfect Eula support unit that very specifically corrects all of Eula's faults and then also greatly enhances Eula's strengths", then went to work designing Baal's kit to fit that very specific mold.

As a Eula main, I cannot roll on Baal soon enough. The next three weeks are going to drag.

Yes to both of these things!

I passed the 'I've got enough wishes for Baal no matter what" threshold today, which is awesome. But now it's the waiting game.

Had planned to get constellations - well one, if I was lucky - but I do worry I'll blow everything, lose a 50/50 then miss out on any potential anniversary stuff.

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
2.0 seems to be flying by and the 2.1 stream should be on the 20th. I probably know most of the content coming but I'm still excited to see it officially.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
I leveled an electro goblet today. Elemental Recharge, ATK %, Crit DMG%, and flat DEF. Guess where my rolls went?

I'm still going to use it since I don't have anything better, but I am displeased.
C7-F577-A4-B345-4154-B218-5-F6133231190.jpg

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017
Pulling for Baal or saving for Gorou.... I'm 13 wishes from a guaranteed 5-star and 80 wishes saved. I know Gorou is allegedly a 4-star but if I pull for Baal then they decide to switch him up to a 5-star I'll scream. Every character I ever want and roll for I seem to end up not getting, so I'm super nervous about spending any at all.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
genshinyoimiya.png

Finally did Yoimiya's quest. I genuinely enjoyed it, and I like her as a character a lot. Her gameplay was fairly simple but fun, and while I'm more interested in Sayu than her, I wouldn't be upset if I got her in the 50/50. I did just level up Yanfei though, and they feel slightly similar in many regards.

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Almost two weeks of resin put into the new domain, and this is the best set for Raiden I've been able to put together so far.

severed_fate.jpg

A couple of the pieces aren't terrible, but crit rate is really lacking. That feather being my best option is really disappointing considering it should be one of the easier pieces. I'm going to keep at it for another week or so before I go back to stocking resources (books/mora/xp) for her release.

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Varka is vapourware.
I still believe
A couple of the pieces aren't terrible, but crit rate is really lacking. That feather being my best option is really disappointing considering it should be one of the easier pieces. I'm going to keep at it for another week or so before I go back to stocking resources (books/mora/xp) for her release.
Twig linked me to a planner a few threads back, which comes in super handy to pre-plan characters/weapon materials. Even shows me what to do on what day. Not sure if you are using one yet, but it can help to see what you will need: https://seelie.inmagi.com/

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
QwE6ExM.jpg

So apparently Genshin on PC supports this. Well, "supports", it's less than ideal but by Zhong is it fun.

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I actually think Cryo is the most stacked element

I agree. Even though Pyro is the "DPS element", right now, there's only one top tier pyro DPS in the current meta and despite reactions being buffed most of the strongest combos rely more on character buffs than reactions like melt or vaporize. Or... you know... just Ganyu... just Ganyu...

With this said, I'm sure that when the next Pyro character tuned to the current power level comes out they will be absolutely insane. The last Pyro character they launched, a four star one, almost rivals Klee, the first DPS queen of the game.

Edit: after I said this I went to read up on Yoimiya and how she seems to break the cycle of powerful dps characters by being a bit underwhelming, at least on paper.

Last edited:

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the Shimenawa set will end up being meant for Yae, since it matches her outfit...

Also, I'd like to remind everyone that Varka will be a tall, muscular king unlike any we've seen. Cyrus, Wagner, and Electro Hammer Fatui will look like shrimp in comparison.
giphy.gif

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I never realised Resistance To Interruption was actually good in this game. I always thought it was a minor effect, but I tested it in Abyss 12 using Xingqiu without a shield, and apart from the jump attack from the Electro giant, I could attack through anything. That's the main reason I like using shielders, but if Xingqiu already does that then I've been making a huge team building error having him on the same team as Zhongli this whole time. Zhongli stops me from taking damage as well, but between Xingqiu's damage reduction, Bennett's healing, and dodging, I'm basically good health wise, and I get way more damage off of it.

I was only messing around, but I managed to get 6 stars on Floor 12 with a Fischl and Lv.20 Beidou that both had practically no gear, just by seperating Xingqiu and Zhongli.

Right now I'm thinking to make my two main teams the following:

Bennett, Xingqiu, Beidou, Keqing.
Zhongli, Raiden, Fischl, Ninguangg.

Beidou is the only one I'll need to build up from scratch so that's the element I'm questioning the most right now. The resin cost of that is pretty high. But she adds more damage and a further damage reduction (if they stack. edit: tested it. They do stack).
Pieces like this can actually fuck off. Not a single roll in crit?!

Last edited:

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This image posted by L.O.R.D kinda helped me choose which artifacts to roll on when I experienced the same pain with Eula's artifacts.

It isn't perfect, but I feel like I hit more now than I did before.

u8plersafhx51.png

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
As usual I did the event stuff on it's last day! Overall I feel like it was pretty fast and not bad.

Though I got lucky in my last 4 - 5 coop boss fights cause I got thrown into a level 40 character level world and my level 90 Diluc was able to destroy the boss in seconds and still you get the full 300 rewards.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Had a great time farming the energy recharge set with today's resin

SzRI7F4.jpg

It's 99% likely bullshit but it always seems like in my game in artifact domains it's skewed towards one set more than another on certain days
So I roll once with condensed resin, if it's all the wrong artifact I go use my resin elsewhere that day

AkiraAkira

Dec 28, 2017
Has that actually been proven? I know that you have higher % of getting def as a substat when you +4 a weapon than other ones, but I didn't know the chance of you getting a specific substat bonus was skewed by design.

It hasn't. Once your substats are established, the likelihood of one getting boosted over another is even. It just doesn't feel that way sometimes :(

SpookySpice

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 22, 2019
Artifact rng truly is something. Against my better judgement I +20'd my only Emblem crit rate helm that had Hp/Hp%/Def%/ER substats. But for once everything went into ER! So I have like +21% ER now which kinda saved the helm? There's no saving my only ER sands I've seen tho >.<

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
I like Paimon too and I think particularly her English VA is killing it. The only thing I dislike is that Paimon is constantly made to speak for the protagonist and is constantly repeating just learned exposition as if we're little dummies. :/
This 100%, Paimon alone is reason enough for me to keep it on Eng.

Chumunga64

Banned
Jun 22, 2018
paimon is probably among the best when it comes to small fairy companions but the problem is that even the best fairy companions can't sub for an MC that could clearly talk but just chooses not to. if the MC was silent all the time, I would understand it more but they can talk when it's convenient to them.

nss

Apr 10, 2018
I want to add to everyone else replying to you, I remember people sleeping on Xiangling earlier in this game's history because they tried to build her as a main DPS with the Crescent Spike, but people started discovering that building her as an off-field pyro applicator with good energy recharge was way better and arguably sends her up there with Bennett as the best pyro characters in the game. I ended up getting a Skyward spear for her and she turned into one of my best characters.

Gouba has a pretty interesting interaction with Kazuha's suction ability too. It will also draw in Gouba, which fixes a lot of its accuracy problems against smaller enemies.

I've enjoyed using Xiangling, but I've clearly not built her well. I'll have to change that. Thanks

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, Paimon got a global Twitch emote.
It's not new, a few weeks old, but the Paimon talk just reminded me.
Dunno if I saw it talked about when it was introduced, or at least when I was made aware of it.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
I'm 50/50 on Paimon, when she's her own character (greedy little gremlin mode) I like her, but when's she's in the "LET ME RECAP AND EXPLAIN LIKE YOU'RE 5 y/o" mode, she annoys me to no end.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
After about two weeks of artifact farming, this is the best I could come up with for a future Raiden set,

234851140_10161206643758989_4421905353578848213_n.jpg

No goblet because lol, I'll use some random electro one. And I'm also super unsure which Sands to go with. I'm going to need to test them myself and figure that out.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I see paimon talk is happening. I stand by my anti paimon sentiment. She has a really annoying voice and I think her design is pretty bad. She's very unappealing to me.

Ravio-li

Dec 24, 2018
Damnit I got Ayaka :/ I just wanted to bring me a bit closer to pity for Yoimiya because I don't want to get dozens of Dionas on her banner... but got her around 30. Welp.. I already see I will get on Yoimiyas 50/50 around 80-90 pulls and then get a Diluc dupe or something.

Anyway this means Kaeya and Rosaria won't get levelled after all. And Ayaka can keep frozen on her weapon without Chongyun so he won't get back in my teams super soon either.

Status
Not open for further replies.