• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Can I also get some opinions on a reasonable composition? I'm also f2p and probably will remain as such (maybe I'll grab a BP or the Walking thingy if I stick with the game).
Here's the list:
Traveller, 50
Kaeya, 40
Amber, 40
Beidou, 50
Noelle, 44
Yanfei, 50
Sucrose, 30
Barbara, 20
Ningguang, 1
Chongyun, 1
Lisa, 1

I have been switching it around a bit, but mainly I use Traveller, Kaeya, Beidou, Amber, or Kaeya, Noelle, Yanfei, Amber. I also have a party with Barbara and Sucrose for when I need those elements, though I don't use it much for actual combat.
I really enjoy playing as Yanfei and she seems pretty strong; I also really like both Noelle and Beidou. I think Noelle might be better overall as she also heals, which is nice to have. I have read that Sucrose can be good as support, but I haven't levelled her enough yet.
I'm aware that Amber is not considered particularly good, but I like having an archer, so there's not much I can do; aside from sniping from afar, I only use her elemental skills when ready and then ignore her.

My above post applies as well, plus:
- I like Beidou's design and playstyle a lot, and she's pretty decent later on due to her counters, so I have her at level 80, no regrets.
- Yanfei is apparently very fun to play and a decent character, although I haven't levelled her up enough to have an opinion (and as I recently pulled Diluc, that's probably going to remain that way for a while).
- I've heard everything about Ningguang, from "decent" to "really good". I have no clue where her meta is right now.

One thing that's probably important to know is that over time you will get repeats, which turn into items that unlock further abilities for the character (up to six, these are called constellations). Some characters become much better with more constellations, and because of the RNG nature of wishes, you may have got a character right now that you will not get any more constellations for a while, whereas another character you don't have yet, the game may decide to grace you with a ton of constellations. This was what happened to me with Razor, which I got really late, but for some reason the game decided to shower me with after than, with the result that I have a 6 constellation monster that I never get around to level up because his role is more or less filled in my current party and I always have someone else more important to level up, hahah.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm... How good is Fischl's C6, exactly? I've got her up to C5 and I'm wondering if I should hold off on Baal and just keep using her. I also noticed some unique wrinkles in how Yoimiya plays compared to Yanfei that might mean Yan will still have some use if I get Yoi.

The aspect ratio stuff makes me want to try playing in portrait.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We praising Kazuha right now? If so, count me in. Easily the most useful and team versatile character since Venti and Zhongli. Legit makes every team he's in better.

79fa90d961a3a2ee40abe93fc70b2404337ec9b6.gif

something something "stupid hat"
Lol electro.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pulling for Raiden and I still think "lol electro". I'm racking my brain on what kind of team I can make around her, and even then, all the teams I can think of don't hold a candle to any of my Pyro, Cryo, or Hydro teams. Hell, my Geo team is possibly better. Blame Mihoyo for making it easily the worst element in the game right now.

Though, I'll eat crow if hat boy somehow saves the whole element ala Zhongli with Geo back in the day.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm... How good is Fischl's C6, exactly? I've got her up to C5 and I'm wondering if I should hold off on Baal and just keep using her. I also noticed some unique wrinkles in how Yoimiya plays compared to Yanfei that might mean Yan will still have some use if I get Yoi.

She imo turns from a pretty good character into one of the best characters in the game. Oz becomes an electro machine gun. For every hit your main DPS does OZ hits the enemy with electro. Like Zhongli she hardly ever leaves my party anymore, while all other characters rotate all the time.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Childe is usually not a great pick for Abyss, but he's extra good this cycle. It makes me happy to have him on my roster.

anemovision

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Aug 8, 2018
Short answer: by creating custom resolutions that let me run my desktop at 4500x6000 (it will downsample and will have black bars on the sides of the screen).

Complicated answer: It's based on how Nvidia DSR works. Basically you can use DSR to give yourself resolutions higher than your monitor supports, like creating a 4K res on a 1080p monitor. Nvidia will downsample for you and make the game look better.

That's based on multiplayers. So a 3840x2160 resolution has a 2x multiplier for width and height. I found where these multipliers are stored in the registry, and created a tool that lets you create any custom resolutions you want which will convert to the format the registry needs. So I can have resolutions in windows like this:

QokCunW.png

More info here: https://framedsc.github.io/GeneralGuides/custom_dsr_resolutions.htm

thanks for the detailed answer that's really cool but i wish they'd just improve the photo mode in game for all versions, i mostly play on ps5. spider man and other console games with a photo mode let you change aspect ratios it would be pretty easy but i don't see mhy adding all that kinda stuff.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

The aspect ratio stuff makes me want to try playing in portrait.

She is a monster who generates energy and is always hitting alongside you w/ Oz. My world team is Venti/Jean/Ayaka/Fischl and they are absolutely unstoppable. Will probably swap out Fischl for Raiden upon release but we'll see.

As for Yanfei, one of my favorite DPS in the game who also pairs well with Ayaka imo. Just a unique and fun character. Truly not enough catalyst users.

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
I need some advice about my Ayaka. I've got her pretty well built at this point (levels, talents, best artifacts I could find... though clearly these are lacking) but her attack is still REALLY low--she's got 1647 attack (plus 55.9% crit rate/185.7% crit damage/59.6% cryo damage bonus).

I love playing with Ayaka but I can tell that the low attack is holding her back. Right now she's using a black sword but I'm wondering if I'd be better off making the new Inazuma craftable. It has an attack % substat, and since I'm running Ayaka with 4p Blizzard strayer and trying to keep a second cryo in the party, I probably could afford to lose that crit rate.

But I only have 2 sword billets so I'm reluctant to use one just on a hunch. Would I be better off with the amenoma sword? Or should I try something else?

Related: I'm feeling a bit sad about not having Kazuha lately, too, but I know it's only the me of today, now that I've got Ayaka and sorted all my cryo needs, that feels that way. I could justify getting him now in a way I couldn't have when he was out.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Composition for overworld doesn't really matter that much, just what you find fun
For Spiral Abyss it depends on the floor
Are you struggling with any in particular?
I just meant in general, if there were any specific characters that it made sense to focus on. I'm still very early, so I guess most things will work. I haven't spent too much time in the Abyss yet, though I should do it before it resets in a week or so (iirc).

My above post applies as well, plus:
- I like Beidou's design and playstyle a lot, and she's pretty decent later on due to her counters, so I have her at level 80, no regrets.
- Yanfei is apparently very fun to play and a decent character, although I haven't levelled her up enough to have an opinion (and as I recently pulled Diluc, that's probably going to remain that way for a while).
- I've heard everything about Ningguang, from "decent" to "really good". I have no clue where her meta is right now.

One thing that's probably important to know is that over time you will get repeats, which turn into items that unlock further abilities for the character (up to six, these are called constellations). Some characters become much better with more constellations, and because of the RNG nature of wishes, you may have got a character right now that you will not get any more constellations for a while, whereas another character you don't have yet, the game may decide to grace you with a ton of constellations. This was what happened to me with Razor, which I got really late, but for some reason the game decided to shower me with after than, with the result that I have a 6 constellation monster that I never get around to level up because his role is more or less filled in my current party and I always have someone else more important to level up, hahah.
Thanks for this and the other post, lots of useful info. I did see the constellation stuff, which is something I definitely won't be able to rely on. I'll probablty keep focusing on Yanfei, Noelle and Beidou, with some others as support. They mostly use different stuff at the moment, so it's not been a big challenge to keep ascend them (though I'm running out of exp stuff).

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Man, seeing the characters from Sumeru in Inazuma are really highlighting my bigger fears.
Some of these characters are the palest characters out there...
Speaking to Alrani right now and she has lighter skin than Aether.

Not a single Sumerian I can think of has any hint of melanin...
I had this exact thought when I saw her

Reticence

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I just meant in general, if there were any specific characters that it made sense to focus on. I'm still very early, so I guess most things will work. I haven't spent too much time in the Abyss yet, though I should do it before it resets in a week or so (iirc).
Don't pay attention to the Abyss for now; the only floors that reset are 9+ and you're definitely not going to reach that far with your current team (level 9 is around enemy level 80 IIRC).

Thanks for this and the other post, lots of useful info. I did see the constellation stuff, which is something I definitely won't be able to rely on. I'll probablty keep focusing on Yanfei, Noelle and Beidou, with some others as support. They mostly use different stuff at the moment, so it's not been a big challenge to keep ascend them (though I'm running out of exp stuff).
Indeed you can't rely on constellations (nobody but whales can, I guess); just mentioning it precisely because getting new characters and constellations may make you want to change what you focus on. In particular, it's a safe assumption that you will get at least one or two of every single 4* character, even as a F2P player, assuming you keep doing the daily requests for Primogems (the most important daily content alongside spending resin). That's why I would e.g. recommend not focusing much on Barbara even if she's your only healer, because you will eventually get Bennett.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I never pulled for Staff of Homa for Hu Tao and I just googled it because I was curious what's its stats are and oh god my Hu Tao is incomplete without it lol

Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
I dropped 10 wish on scam weapon banner and got 2 Skyward Spines, my Baal build already on track.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
I feel like people are overstating the Kazuha jokes now that everyone knows he's a good character

it's not like people were calling him awful in terms of gameplay or anything; everyone just made fun of him for looking like aether and those jokes can still apply. He looked fun from the start

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019

OK, first I would rec getting through Spiral Abyss floor 3 to grab yourself a free Xiangling and see what you need to get yourself there
If you like Yanfei as your main, having Xiangling will provide pyro resonance with her and boost her damage
So then a nice team would be Yanfei, Xiangling, Barbara, Kaeya to melt
or Yanfei, Xiangling, Barbara, Sucrose to group enemies up

Gohlad

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
People will make big eyes when Yoimiya turns out to be Ganyu 2.0 and all the people saying "easy skip" and "she's annoying" cry after her!

Oct 25, 2017
Hey y'all. I started playing Genshin last Sunday, and I'm legit in love with it. I'm a F2P player, and plan on continuing to be. So I'm searching for some guides, learning everything that I can about the game and its systems to make my life easier.

That said, one aspect is haunting me: waisting resources on a bad character. Since I'm F2P I don't have much choice rather than ask for advice. Which characters should I upgrade? Another thing is, I watched a video saying that a good strategy is to focus on 2 characters and let the others level up by doing missions. Does this holds true?

Right now my adventure rank is 22, I'm still in Mondstadt, and this is my current cast:
Traveler - 30
Amber - 20 (ascended)
Kaeya - 20 (ascended)
Lisa - 20 (ascended)
Barbara - 20 (not ascended)
Noelle - 1
Razor - 1
Xingqiu - 1
(I wished them after I got Barbara on lvl 20)

What I heard so far:
- Focus on the traveler since I'll get "free" upgrades during the gameplay, and that is a guarantee good enough character;
- Skip Lisa and Amber;

I heard other things as well, but it was mostly mixed (both good and bad things) about the other characters, so I'm kinda lost.

Any help is appreciated, thanks \o/
Upgrade your artifacts, particularly the feather artifact, and stick that on the character you use the most. You'll see the biggest damage gain early on from that

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
People will make big eyes when Yoimiya turns out to be Ganyu 2.0 and all the people saying "easy skip" and "she's annoying" cry after her!

Yoimiya's single target dps is going to have to be hilarious to be the value equivalent of Ganyu's aoe attacks. I honestly hope it happens so I can eat popcorn while watching that shitshow of power creep rage on Reddit and YouTube.

PRed

Jan 7, 2018
AoE cryo queen vs single target pyro archer... I don't think this comparison works. Yoimiya doesnt look like she'll get any changes right before release since she's already playable in character quest too.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Yoimiya simply cannot be the next Ganyu because Yoimiya's AoE sux, her attacks are too fast for elemental reaction memes, and Pyro already has a T0 character in Hu Tao. Cyro had no "god tier" DPS before Ganyu.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
ALSO IMAGINE SKIPPING KAZOOHA LOOOOOOL

supports >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> dps

always and forever

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
I still really, really want Sayu. She probably won't be as busted as Bennett, but I'm pretty sure Bennett being as good as he is was a mistake. But I can totally see her being very powerful with swirl's going on while healing your team. I know I want her.
She imo turns from a pretty good character into one of the best characters in the game. Oz becomes an electro machine gun. For every hit your main DPS does OZ hits the enemy with electro. Like Zhongli she hardly ever leaves my party anymore, while all other characters rotate all the time.

She is a monster who generates energy and is always hitting alongside you w/ Oz. My world team is Venti/Jean/Ayaka/Fischl and they are absolutely unstoppable. Will probably swap out Fischl for Raiden upon release but we'll see.

As for Yanfei, one of my favorite DPS in the game who also pairs well with Ayaka imo. Just a unique and fun character. Truly not enough catalyst users.
Interesting... I didn't notice but there really is no cooldown on her C6 ability, huh? No "this can trigger once every 0.7s" or anything like that. Her, Xingqiu and Kazuha would just shred everything.
Yanfei is fun and I do want more catalyst characters, but IMO she's too fiddly without her C1. Without that she just uses so much stamina and can end up wasting it with interruptions that I don't think she can quite cut it as a main DPS.

Liv

Teyvat Traveler
Aug 20, 2019
I need some advice about my Ayaka. I've got her pretty well built at this point (levels, talents, best artifacts I could find... though clearly these are lacking) but her attack is still REALLY low--she's got 1647 attack (plus 55.9% crit rate/185.7% crit damage/59.6% cryo damage bonus).

I love playing with Ayaka but I can tell that the low attack is holding her back. Right now she's using a black sword but I'm wondering if I'd be better off making the new Inazuma craftable. It has an attack % substat, and since I'm running Ayaka with 4p Blizzard strayer and trying to keep a second cryo in the party, I probably could afford to lose that crit rate.

But I only have 2 sword billets so I'm reluctant to use one just on a hunch. Would I be better off with the amenoma sword? Or should I try something else?

Related: I'm feeling a bit sad about not having Kazuha lately, too, but I know it's only the me of today, now that I've got Ayaka and sorted all my cryo needs, that feels that way. I could justify getting him now in a way I couldn't have when he was out.
I think you have way too much CR with Black sword.. 55% CR means with Blizzard passives (+20+20) and Cryo resonance (+15) you are at 110% CR which means you are waisting this extra 10%CR. I'd probably go for the R2 anemona sword.

Consensus seems to be that Anemona and Blackliff are the best 4* weapons damage-wise and with the new sword you'll get some extra energy with it. Btw seeing that your goblet is obviously not yet maxed, what levels are your other artifacts?

Oct 27, 2017

Aren't you running over 100% CritR with this build?
Are you hitting with normal attacks a lot?

Also consider cosmetics. Katana on a Samurai Girl. Bonus points for that alone.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
😱 I didn't realise this was a thing!

I just hit Adventure Rank 30 and have done the quests where you finish/solve the issue with the book person and get the travellers guide from him, and am now hiring people with Zhongli at the moment – just had a tense encounter with Childe after I reminded Paimon about Mondstadt. How many hours would you put me at from getting to Inazuma and finishing the event to get the free Beidou? If I just mainline the missions?

Currently my whole team is lvl50 with lvl2 talents and lvl40-46 weapons.

You should be good on levels for it so you can just mainline it. I'd say 5 - 6 hours or so to do the story? It's tough for me to judge because this game melts time for me. Once you finish the first little section on Inazuma, you then unlock the actual event. I did the event completion part last night in I wanna say less than two hours? You need to do a few runs of the first 3 lightning trial things, then kill the boss at the end 4 times to get all the required materials to get Beidou.

You should see the Thunder Sojourn event listed in the events section so you can check how much time you have left.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I feel like people are overstating the Kazuha jokes now that everyone knows he's a good character

it's not like people were calling him awful in terms of gameplay or anything; everyone just made fun of him for looking like aether and those jokes can still apply. He looked fun from the start
there was a very loud, unquestionable amount of statements of him being terrible.

"Worse Sucrose" didn't come from nowhere

And youtube alone is enough of a paper trail.

And i can link you to some of the posts HERE about his initial sales.

Liv

Teyvat Traveler
Aug 20, 2019

Ayaka lv90 with a lv90 Blacksword and lv20 Feather and Atk% sands has 1759 atk, so you do still have some leveling up to do. Regardless, I'd still go with Anemona since you are waisting stats with too much CR right now.

WhisperOfMalice

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
The Red Feather Fan is pretty cool with it's effect and how the effect looks. Shame the Cooldown is so long on it when you use it :/

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
Btw seeing that your goblet is obviously not yet maxed, what levels are your other artifacts?

All 18+. I'll take any best-available artifact to 18 but only keep leveling them to 20 if I get lucky with substat rolls. Ayaka's goblet and flower are 19 so they're on the way. The others weren't lucky.

Aren't you running over 100% CritR with this build?

Yeah, I think so. If I switch Black Sword with the Flute (which is on Qiqi and will stay on Qiqi, but it's an ATK substat weapon so probably the closest I can get to the amenoma with what i have on hand), then Ayaka has 1,999 ATK, 28.3% CR & 185.7% CD. Only two of my artifacts have ATK% on the substat and both around 5%. I'm just not confident I can do better.

Are you hitting with normal attacks a lot?

Kinda, yeah. It's very fun to dash and strike.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realise Fischl's passive also proks on Crystallise. I thought it was only on Electro reactions. Very much like her and Ninguangg together. If I go for her I'll put Baal in the 3rd slot, which leaves me with one more. I've been using Bennett, which has been great...until I get hit. You can't get healed if you're already dead. I wish Noelle had a shorter cooldown on her shield.
100%. Side note: I'm really glad I was able to 9 star floor 12 with Amber before this update because these current enemies make it really difficult for her to contribute in a meaningful way aside from just, like, tacking her onto your team to buff them with pyro resonance or something.
I quoted your first post but then saw this one. You're a real one lol. What was the comp you used and how did she come in to play? I really wish they would buff her to make her more viable.

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
GjCYbeC.jpg

My consolation prize

Gonna throw whatever free gems I get over the weekend into the weapon banner, then stock up

Might still go for amber v2 anyway, depends on how much I'm able to save

anotherdoof

Oct 27, 2017
All 18+. I'll take any best-available artifact to 18 but only keep leveling them to 20 if I get lucky with substat rolls. Ayaka's goblet and flower are 19 so they're on the way. The others weren't lucky.

Yeah, I think so. If I switch Black Sword with the Flute (which is on Qiqi and will stay on Qiqi, but it's an ATK substat weapon so probably the closest I can get to the amenoma with what i have on hand), then Ayaka has 1,999 ATK, 28.3% CR & 185.7% CD. Only two of my artifacts have ATK% on the substat and both around 5%. I'm just not confident I can do better.

Short answer is you have too much Crit R so Amenoma should be better

Long answer check out the KQM guide to Ayaka
https://keqingmains.com/ayaka/

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
😱 I didn't realise this was a thing!

I just hit Adventure Rank 30 and have done the quests where you finish/solve the issue with the book person and get the travellers guide from him, and am now hiring people with Zhongli at the moment – just had a tense encounter with Childe after I reminded Paimon about Mondstadt. How many hours would you put me at from getting to Inazuma and finishing the event to get the free Beidou? If I just mainline the missions?

Hm...hard to say... After Liyue there's more story stuff before you can set sails to Inazuma. Several hours for sure. I honestly wouldn't rush all of this just for Beidou. Savour the main story content, because when it runs out at some point you'll be like us in this sometimes almost agonizing waiting cycle for the smallest bit more story.

As a wise (and very handsome) man once said...

51362195470_f79f0ef907_c.jpg

Also, isn't Beidou in the shop right now? o . O

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
there was a very loud, unquestionable amount of statements of him being terrible.

"Worse Sucrose" didn't come from nowhere

And youtube alone is enough of a paper trail.

And i can link you to some of the posts HERE about his initial sales.

I feel like you putting all this arguments together:
• Kazuha looks bad
• Kazuha is bad
• Kazuha will sell bad

Found the solution for you:
osSOJNM.png

Go with the poor-man's katana.

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
Once I started testing out Kazuha shortly after he released I knew people would backpedal on all of the hate he gets. This dude is an extremely good character and has completely replaced Venti for me. With a 4 set VV his skill does insane amounts of damage when paired with (typically for me) electro, and with Sacrificial Sword its almost always off cooldown. Its actually pretty absurd.

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
Ok, I crafted the sword and started leveling it. It'll be a while before I can make the switch but I'm happy to have gotten started. Thanks for the answers, everyone! I appreciate it.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I wasn't playing during 1.1 so I entirely missed Scaramouche's appearance in the game.

Why does everyone love him so much? I'm not a fan of his design, but is it because of that? Is it cause he's a harbinger like Childe and La Signora?

I was there for that event and I don't understand it. I've been incredibly confused to see his name in here or in Twitter replies to the official account.

He was just some whatever generic unmemorable villain. Unless I've missed something from a datamine, I don't understand why people think he'll show up again anytime soon let alone be a character you'd ever get to play as.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Kazuha seems fun but if you have Venti and Sucrose there is no real, solid reason to roll for him unless you really want the character. Primos are limited and everyone knew Inazuma was going to be loaded. A third wind support isn't going to be most people's priority.

Before maybe, but as of late the Childe/Xiangling/Bennett/Ameno team is one of the most popular team comps in Abyss.

My Childe clears most abyss rooms in 1 minute/30 seconds, GET GOOD CHILDE HATERS.

Status
Not open for further replies.