• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mar-Mar

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 30, 2017
Germany
I do actually enjoy discussing lore and story, so if you have an actual response to my criticism of the writing of her story I am all ears.
It honestly feels hard to discuss that kind of criticism. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're dismissing the personality of an entire character because of one bad joke (fireworks in prison). It was meant for mostly comedic effect with no thought behind it except "Yoimiya is fireworks girl yay". Was it bad? Yes, I'd agree. But making a big deal about some huge recurring dissonance in her character writing is, imo, completely overblown.

Honestly, this thread recently feels more misogynistic than anything I've seen in the actual game
Sometimes I feel like that, too.

Ganyu Accountant quest: Zzzzzz
Yanfei Lawyer quest: Zzzzzz
Yoimiya NPC small talk: Zzzzzz
Zhongli reading a dictionary: STANDING OVATIONS

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mona wearing basically a swimsuit: bad
Ganyu constantly flashing her panties: bad
Eula shoving her ass into your face: bad
Bennett in half-naked stripper top: not even mentioned.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And I really don't want to go into the perception of the personality of the characters where a lot of the female characters are described as "one-note" while the male characters usually get away with it, especially Bennett. I wouldn't say that a lot of character are one-note, but I know that some suffer from traits of one-note characters. People in this thread were actually seriously saying how all female characters were badly written because of some existing issues that made them ignore everything else.

Oct 27, 2017
I have a failproof solution for everybody unhappy with the story:

iu
iu

iu
iu

So many good books. Less time discussing Yoimiya, more time reading (or listening) to the literature.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Curious how people want them to handle storytelling that takes place over the course of weeks or months? Cutscenes? Montages? Realtime waits between story sections opening up? Paimon blurting out "It's been months!"?

What's gonna make this work for players that are doing all the content in a week or less?

I mean if we're talking "realistically building friendship over time", I can think of a pretty obvious way they could build up to doing something like that. But it kinda goes against everything they've been doing so far with regards to character stories.

actually give out another (good) free character and have them canonically be fighting alongside the Traveler for the main story

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I'll be shocked if it's not her best in slot. The real question is if Atk% or ER% sands will be better.

Yeah, I haven't touched that domain yet so I've been wondering what stats to look out for

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comparing Bennett to them is absurd, absolute cap
When there's a character with cock jiggle give me a call

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Don't the samurai use firecrackers a lot during fights? I feel like fireworks are something people in Inazuma use all the time.

It was a little silly that Yoimiya used it in the prison break since she owns a shop, but I don't think it would be that easy to trace it back to her.

Last edited:

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Y'all old snoozers need to stop underselling Mondstadt 😋 It might not be as rich and varied as later regions when you have that experience and have played a whole bunch of hours, but when starting out it is gorgeous and full of wonder and intrigue. It perfectly sets you up as you're starting to get to grips with the game and there's many areas of beauty to be found across it. Don't be nudging people to rush through it or leading them into a thought there's an amount of boring map to have to push past, because I absolutely adored the time exploring around that region and it injected me with the love for the game that I have now.

Heck, even as someone in the grips of Liyue I still go back there to continue elements and find myself getting distracted with things once more.

Hey Genshin gang! Figured this was the best place to ask this:

I've been curious about this game for a while because of its BotW similarities and beautiful art style.

Would you folk recommend the game for someone who wants to treat it as a single player RPG, ie, straight through the campaign/side content with no essential interest in endgame?

My particular tastes lean strongly towards exploration, so if the world design is strong and there are plenty of secrets to discover (plus some environmental puzzling as a bonus) then it would get extra points towards a recommendation.
Absolutely, without a doubt. I started playing some 53 hours ago and it's blown me away. It is without a doubt my game of the year at this point, when it comes to ones new to me. At numerous points while playing I find myself just expressing how good the game is and how much fun I'm having.

The exploration and world is fantastic, and you will find yourself endlessly just having reason to wander off and check out the next thing. I recently had to specifically try and focus on the main storyline for a bit as I was spending so much time exploring and doing things in the world without actually advancing the missions. The opening area is Mondstadt and it's a joy to explore, very relatable from BotW and a comfortable break-in area that allows you to get to grips with things, while still being full of challenge and intrigue. So much so that I spent the first 35 hours there, not even looking to push the borders on the map out further to see more. There was just so much to left to look at and things I'd seen but noted for later, just in the segments I had uncovered up to that point.

When you are moving on though, there's Dragonspine Mountain which, again, has familiar aspects to BotW (cold mechanic), but is riddled with puzzles, challenges, crystals and a beautiful cavern. That will absorb a lot of time if you're anything like me and decide to wander off of "the path" to see what might be further around the outside of the mountain (the game has the same climb anywhere/stamina thing as BotW). Then, after some 45 hours or so in those two places I moved onto where I am now; Liyue. It is gorgeous, drop-dead gorgeous. Completely different to the areas you'll have been in prior. This is where it starts to pull away from Zelda and really comes into its own. I have only dipped my toe into the locations and map there so far, and it's already sucked 8 hours or so from me. I will be here for a while, and happily so. There are moments where I cannot believe how beautiful parts of the scenery are. Even down to the clouds, and how they look in the day through to sunset.

So - yes. You will absolutely find a lot to love here. I honestly think aspects of this game rival and excel beyond BotW, and that's as someone who loved that game and for which it was the last open world game I truly fell into (if you discount Death Stranding). I am devouring anything about Genshin at this point. All I want to do it play it, and when I do I find myself able I'm constantly exploring and being rewarded for doing so. So I say jump in, get your head around everything to start with – it can seem a little overwhelming to start, but you you'll get there – and begin to enjoy the world of Tevyat.

Here's a few screenshots from the last 10 hours or so. Across the period of leaving Mondstadt and exploring Liyue for the first time:

251kan.jpg

1ybkp5.jpg

3tsjb3.jpg

4mbjjc.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
someone just hit AR60

iqsz9agk0af71.png

not sure if it real or not, just 2 or 3 weeks ago two person reached AR59
could be a hack, also he didn't get the the rewards, maybe because it was too shitty for him to accept them.
fucking hell the reward for that should be a crime... smh. they really should overhaul it to 99 or 100 and every 10 levels you get 10 pulls 1600 gems 500k 100foul 100meat and in-between you get like as much as you get now, but make it be 150000xp every level. but also make it only 10 new levels per patch... does it go higher than 258950 for .................
are these the numbers really...?
60MAX1,880,175

tenor.gif

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Y'all old snoozers need to stop underselling Mondstadt 😋 It might not be as rich and varied as later regions when you have that experience and have played a whole bunch of hours, but when starting out it is gorgeous and full of wonder and intrigue. It perfectly sets you up as you're starting to get to grips with the game and there's many areas of beauty to be found across it. Don't be nudging people to rush through it or leading them into a thought there's an amount of boring map to have to push past, because I absolutely adored the time exploring around that region and it injected me with the love for the game that I have now.

Heck, even as someone in the grips of Liyue I still go back there to continue elements and find myself getting distracted with things once more.

Adding Dragonspine improved Mondstadt imo, when the game began that it was pretty flat, then a sudden shift to Liyue. Dragonspine unifies the 2 a bit

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Adding Dragonspine improved Mondstadt imo, when the game began that it was pretty flat, then a sudden shift to Liyue. Dragonspine unifies the 2 a bit
I can agree there, it definitely provided a perfect bridge between the two of them. Different environment, mechanics with a lot of reason to take your time and puzzle things out and work through challenges. When you're ready to move on, Liyue presents a lovely return to lush landscapes and views.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
TBH I think the reason why everyone is gaga over Kazari isn't because the story itself is particularly good--the story is fine but I don't think it comes close to being the best quest in Inazuma story-wise, and maybe not even top 5--but because it's a good example of Mihoyo bringing all their tools to bear: There are gorgeous bespoke environments, there's a wide variety of puzzles, there's lots of exploration, the environment transforms as you interact with it, the quest opens up valuable shortcuts, there are many chests along the way, there are fights spaced throughout including a final battle with a unique enemy.

As an engaging, immersive experience, the Kazari quest is a standout winner. And really resource intensive--lots of unique stuff was created just for that chain. But as a story, it's... about on par with the region as a whole.

Quests that I think are better than Kazari, in terms of *just* story: The quest Ayaka sends you on where you talk to the people who've lost their visions, the Chouji quest, the guy you rescue from that cage on Jinran, but most especially the interlocking narratives around the broken furnace. Also the Yoimiya quest.

Editing to add, since I'm not entirely distracted here: I have definitely been side-eyeing the fact that so many people are super into demure, self-sacrificing, and faceless Kazari. She's great but it's a red flag.
But that's all part of quest design and build.

Unique locations, intricate set pieces, Well thought out puzzles. Unique mechanics. it all helps environmentally build a quest to be substantially more than its contemporaries.

Like i like Chouji, but chouji is going to fade in maybe a month or two's time cause the entirety of his quest design was "Go get me 10 of this" now it was "Go get me 10 of this" for a really good reason, but it's also part of why i feel Yashiori island would have been so much better served if its several quests were all built into a single World Quest like Kazari's. Cause individually, they don't stack up. Not even remotely close.

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

Absolutely, without a doubt. I started playing some 53 hours ago and it's blown me away. It is without a doubt my game of the year at this point, when it comes to ones new to me. At numerous points while playing I find myself just expressing how good the game is and how much fun I'm having.

The exploration and world is fantastic, and you will find yourself endlessly just having reason to wander off and check out the next thing. I recently had to specifically try and focus on the main storyline for a bit as I was spending so much time exploring and doing things in the world without actually advancing the missions. The opening area is Mondstadt and it's a joy to explore, very relatable from BotW and a comfortable break-in area that allows you to get to grips with things, while still being full of challenge and intrigue. So much so that I spent the first 35 hours there, not even looking to push the borders on the map out further to see more. There was just so much to left to look at and things I'd seen but noted for later, just in the segments I had uncovered up to that point.

When you are moving on though, there's Dragonspine Mountain which, again, has familiar aspects to BotW (cold mechanic), but is riddled with puzzles, challenges, crystals and a beautiful cavern. That will absorb a lot of time if you're anything like me and decide to wander off of "the path" to see what might be further around the outside of the mountain (the game has the same climb anywhere/stamina thing as BotW). Then, after some 45 hours or so in those two places I moved onto where I am now; Liyue. It is gorgeous, drop-dead gorgeous. Completely different to the areas you'll have been in prior. This is where it starts to pull away from Zelda and really comes into its own. I have only dipped my toe into the locations and map there so far, and it's already sucked 8 hours or so from me. I will be here for a while, and happily so. There are moments where I cannot believe how beautiful parts of the scenery are. Even down to the clouds, and how they look in the day through to sunset.

So - yes. You will absolutely find a lot to love here. I honestly think aspects of this game rival and excel beyond BotW, and that's as someone who loved that game and for which it was the last open world game I truly fell into (if you discount Death Stranding). I am devouring anything about Genshin at this point. All I want to do it play it, and when I do I find myself able I'm constantly exploring and being rewarded for doing so. So I say jump in, get your head around everything to start with – it can seem a little overwhelming to start, but you you'll get there – and begin to enjoy the world of Tevyat.

Here's a few screenshots from the last 10 hours or so. Across the period of leaving Mondstadt and exploring Liyue for the first time:

251kan.jpg

1ybkp5.jpg

3tsjb3.jpg

4mbjjc.jpg
Fantastic pictures! What sets Liyue ahead of Mondstadt for me is mainly the more vertical environments and the Liyue music really elevating the environment. Though when I started, Dragonspine wasn't there so I can see it being a much different experience now.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I can agree there, it definitely provided a perfect bridge between the two of them. Different environment, mechanics with a lot of reason to take your time and puzzle things out and work through challenges. When you're ready to move on, Liyue presents a lovely return to lush landscapes and views.

Yeah when the game started it was just an invisible wall in front of a green mound

No, just mentions here and there that I can think of. . also you could board her ship at any time.
That's true, I just wouldn't rule out her being brought in later
Like the traveller only just met Bennett at Windblume and he's been in the game since the beginning
I feel like after Inazuma there's gonna be a Liyue part 2 of sorts before Sumeru, like how we've gone back to the Mondstadt crew after Liyue

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Was Beidou anywhere in the game before the last patch?
Not in person, but her ship can be boarded anytime and there are quite a bunch of NPCs talking about her and how badass she is. There's even a daily commission where one branch is about her being badass (the Wrath of Haishan story).
It definitely felt like I "knew" Beidou even before she actually showed up in the story proper.
Xinyan basically doesn't exist in comparison.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
We've already interacted with far more people in Inazuma than in Liyue.

Also Beidou definitely sits in that "Everybody knows Beidou and talks about Beidou even when Beidou's not on screen." sorta situation.

Kinda like Varka. Cause they're supposed to be their country's biggest badass

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
The treatment of Xinyan from MHY is a fucking crime, shes a sweet rocker girl and deserves something anything!!!
how do we riot like the zhong li wackos to get this to happen!!!

We've already interacted with far more people in Inazuma than in Liyue.

Also Beidou definitely sits in that "Everybody knows Beidou and talks about Beidou even when Beidou's not on screen." sorta situation.

Kinda like Varka. Cause they're supposed to be their country's biggest badass
i dunno, i barely know anything abotu varka, but i feel like i knew beidou's MO and basic personality long before i met her

not that you're "wrong", he definitely gets mentioned a decent amount, but they don't really talk about him, they just kinda acknowledge his existence for the most part? iunno

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
I have a failproof solution for everybody unhappy with the story:
So many good books. Less time discussing Yoimiya, more time reading (or listening) to the literature.
Ah, I remember two of those. The GoT book problem. And people will say Genshin is slow with content. Pshaw. Rookie numbers.

Gentleman BastardEdit

1. The Lies of Locke Lamora (June 27, 2006)
  2. Red Seas Under Red Skies (June 20, 2007)
  3. The Republic of Thieves (October 8, 2013)
  4. The Thorn of Emberlain (forthcoming)
The Kingkiller Chronicle

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
how do we riot like the zhong li wackos to get this to happen!!!

i dunno, i barely know anything abotu varka, but i feel like i knew beidou's MO and basic personality long before i met her

not that you're "wrong", he definitely gets mentioned a decent amount, but they don't really talk about him, they just kinda acknowledge his existence for the most part? iunno
oh no question. Varka's more of a "He's over there somewhere" whereas Beidou's very much "LEMME TELL YOU ABOUT THE HERO OF LIYUE."

Maedhros

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Was Beidou anywhere in the game before the last patch?
Even with last patch, she's totally underwhelming compared to her story on her character profile.

It's MHY fault, they have a fuckton of characters and focus on some of them only, specially 5*. Some NPCs have better storylines in this game.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
despite having minimal screentime, I feel like Beidou has a good enough "presence" on screen

we hear and read about her a bit and when she does appear, she's doing some stuff

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
oh no question. Varka's more of a "He's over there somewhere" whereas Beidou's very much "LEMME TELL YOU ABOUT THE HERO OF LIYUE."
hehe yeah
Even with last patch, she's totally underwhelming compared to her story on her character profile.

It's MHY fault, they have a fuckton of characters and focus on some of them only, specially 5*. Some NPCs have better storylines in this game.
i wouldn't even be mad if they stopped progressing the main story entirely and just devoted all resources to fleshing out the characters

(still introduce new areas and whatnot tho of course (except don't get rid of them like 1.6 because fuck you mihoyo))

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
despite having minimal screentime, I feel like Beidou has a good enough "presence" on screen

we hear and read about her a bit and when she does appear, she's doing some stuff
eh most of what she does on screen is be boisterous and lovable, i wanted to see her be a goddamn captain when going through the storm to inazuma, THAT would've been doing some stuff imo

i love every moment she's on screen, but, you know, we don't get to see her be AWESOME

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When they're focused and clever, they're boring. When they're effective but fun they're dumb airheads. Just... interesting to observe.

Zhongli TOTALLY gives me a mansplaining vibe--all of his quotes about how to pick Violetgrass when I've got Qiqi leveled to 90, or tourist spots in my 100% explored Liyue--but I can never bring myself to mind. He's always willing to help when the Traveler turns to him. Go ahead and tell me about the Violetgrass, Zhongli. I'll listen. Again.

But that's all part of quest design and build.

Unique locations, intricate set pieces, Well thought out puzzles. Unique mechanics. it all helps environmentally build a quest to be substantially more than its contemporaries.

Pretty sure I pointed all that out. I acknowledged those positives while speaking specifically to the story, because I was responding to this:

If you'd like we can also discuss how Kazari's quest line is the best story in Inazuma and how that quest like was actually done well and with meaningful impact on both character and the world setting.

None of which you've addressed, except to point out that more engaging content sticks in the mind more, which... yep. True.

I wrote a (slightly spoilery) post about some of the environmental storytelling I've appreciated in Inazuma yesterday, explaining why the stuff about the furnace ended up being my favorite:

I'm really enjoying some of the environmental storytelling in Inazuma--or the way the environment reinforces the story that the world quests are telling.

and also linked there to this reddit post, which does a great job of tying together some of the scattered quests in Higi village into a complete picture.

The Kazari quest is about tending the sacred sakura tree, and establishing its mystical properties. But the furnace quests and the Higi village quests actually tie into the main arc of the plot--what kind of deity is Raiden, what are the roots of this civil war (they go deeper than the vision hunt decree), what's the collateral damage. IMO it's just much more important both on a character level and a worldbuilding level.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Pretty sure I pointed all that out. I acknowledged those positives while speaking specifically to the story, because I was responding to this:

None of which you've addressed, except to point out that more engaging content sticks in the mind more, which... yep. True.

I wrote a (slightly spoilery) post about some of the environmental storytelling I've appreciated in Inazuma yesterday, explaining why the stuff about the furnace ended up being my favorite:

and also linked there to this reddit post, which does a great job of tying together some of the scattered quests in Higi village into a complete picture.

The Kazari quest is about tending the sacred sakura tree, and establishing its mystical properties. But the furnace quests and the Higi village quests actually tie into the main arc of the plot--what kind of deity is Raiden, what are the roots of this civil war (they go deeper than the vision hunt decree), what's the collateral damage. IMO it's just much more important both on a character level and a worldbuilding level.

See I think that's incredibly shortsighted, because if you're so into environment and lore, you'd know well enough that the stuff with sakura has a lot to do with Inazuma as a whole. And being given a lot of that info (in text blurbs) I feel falls short of how most of it can be conveyed. If you don't go out of your way to read a bunch of documents that the game neither highlights, nor makes note of) a lot of the Furnance and Higi Village are a nuclear plant and a Ghost town full of Ghost Samurai. And i find that to be poor conveyance. It's poor conveyance of some really cool stuff... but it's still poor conveyance all the same.

It doesn't stand on its own, it stands in service of other things that you go out of your way to look into.

There was nothing preventing them doing the same thing they did with Kazari that they didn't do with yashiori island.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Like 2/3rds of Narukami Island is specifically built around Kazari's Quest.

The only quest that comes close is Kaji's and that quest isn't about him, it's about turning off the weather.

SpookySpice

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 22, 2019
My only 5* emblem head piece I've seen, after farming the new domain since the patch started, is a healing bonus main stat.

So lucky and unlucky at the same time :(

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
There's a lot of ifs here but:

IF I get Baal at the 50/50 and IF the second weapon on her weapon banner is a good one, I can see myself trying to get her weapon at one pity. The second weapon has to be a monster like Skyward Harp, Wolf's Gravestone, Amos Bow, or Primordial Jade Winged Cutter though. Or even a Staff of Homa, but I just can't see MHY doing any of that. They'll probably make the second weapon a Skyward Blade or Skyward Pride lol.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, this is awesome, lol. Jenny Yokobori, the English VA of Yoimiya, clears up what Yoimiya is doing in her character teaser. Jenny actually worked with fireworks before.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I must have missed those cameltoes if you need cock jiggles for equality.

what
how in the fuck
We already have boob socks and skin tight nothin at all tights rammed up people's asses like Jean
If you're honestly saying a single one of the male designs is on par with cameras on people's ass and tits and absurd jiggle physics you're out of your gourd

Last edited:

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
The Kazari, Mikage Furnace and Lightning quests should have been voiced, had a bit more production thrown behind them and been factored into the main plot.

They should have been weaved into the story in some capacity. Long, meaty quests that reveal new areas and genuinely change the environment... and they're just missable.

They also add to the lore of the land and feel quite essential to the Inazuma story.

After the opening of act two, the story just nosedives. The game, at least to my ear, relies on many of the same VAs throughout the game, just get them to read a few more lines.

It's not like miHoYo are hurting for money.

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
I know I'm a few hours late to the Yoimiya quest discourse, but I really enjoyed where her quest went. At first her english voice acting kinda bothered me (likely due to how bubbly and peppy she is) but as the quest went on, I liked it a lot. The "ending" with the fireworks going off was gorgeous.

Honestly, my biggest strike against the character is she ticks two of my least favorite boxes, gameplay-wise. I don't need any more pyro characters (I have everyone except Klee :/ ) and I really dislike how the bow feels in the game. Charged shot gameplay is boring to me and the "pew pew" of auto attacks with bow is very un-fun feeling compared to every other weapon.

If she was any other combination I'd probably roll for her, but I just can't find a use for a pyro bow user, which sucks. I want the fireworks lady but MHY says NO >:(

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
It honestly feels hard to discuss that kind of criticism. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're dismissing the personality of an entire character because of one bad joke (fireworks in prison). It was meant for mostly comedic effect with no thought behind it except "Yoimiya is fireworks girl yay". Was it bad? Yes, I'd agree. But making a big deal about some huge recurring dissonance in her character writing is, imo, completely overblown.

Sometimes I feel like that, too.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And I really don't want to go into the perception of the personality of the characters where a lot of the female characters are described as "one-note" while the male characters usually get away with it, especially Bennett. I wouldn't say that a lot of character are one-note, but I know that some suffer from traits of one-note characters. People in this thread were actually seriously saying how all female characters were badly written because of some existing issues that made them ignore everything else.
I take a little issue with some of these examples, but it doesn't really matter at all because I absolutely agree with the spirit of your post. There's definitely a disparity between how people judge male vs female characters in the game. It sucks.

(I hope me complaining about Ayaka didn't contribute to your frustration, but it probably did!!)

I know I'm a few hours late to the Yoimiya quest discourse, but I really enjoyed where her quest went. At first her english voice acting kinda bothered me (likely due to how bubbly and peppy she is) but as the quest went on, I liked it a lot. The "ending" with the fireworks going off was gorgeous.

Honestly, my biggest strike against the character is she ticks two of my least favorite boxes, gameplay-wise. I don't need any more pyro characters (I have everyone except Klee :/ ) and I really dislike how the bow feels in the game. Charged shot gameplay is boring to me and the "pew pew" of auto attacks with bow is very un-fun feeling compared to every other weapon.

If she was any other combination I'd probably roll for her, but I just can't find a use for a pyro bow user, which sucks. I want the fireworks lady but MHY says NO >:(
TBH I also hate bow users for the same reasons (I use Ganyu when shit gets tough because she's broken as fuck), but Yoimiya's skill giving her auto attacks the fire property makes me feel like a total badass.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
I liked Liyue because it really felt like the game was growing past its BotW inspired roots and doing more of its own thing at the time.

I think in hindsight Stormterror's Lair might be an underrated area because it embraces the wind theme that feels mostly absent for much of Mondstadt, and features heavy elevation compared to the rest of the rest of the pre-Dragonspine region.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Act 2 would have benefitted from the down time that Act 1 gave you for Ayaka and Yoimiya's story quests.

Also a dungeon. Like Imagine if the Act 1 dungeon escape was in Act 2 after you got bodied by Raiden.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
What I will say about Inazuma as region is, I love it and it's dense. But a lot of it feels stacked on top of itself.

I went back to Liyue the other night, teleported to Wangshu Inn and I was immediately hit with a feeling of freedom as I looked out across this massive expanse of terrain in front of me.

The stretch between Konda Village and the capital in the new region taps into that in a small way, but the islands feel very bitty overall.

There's a lot crammed into them, but I feel like they miss a huge expanse of land that just lets you breathe and soak it all in.

Mondstadt is quite simple but it feels open and enjoyable to roam around. Liyue has the marsh area, the mountains... there's just a lot of geographical diversity.

Inazuma feels really tight... maybe a touch too tight for me.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The days when Dragonspine was just a low polygon and low res texture barred off map...

5nezri3hgt661.png

At what point are you actually visiting Dragonsopine now? Veteran players only got to visit it after already visiting and even beating Liyue, but I guess you now visit it before coming to Liyue?

Oct 27, 2017
Ah, I remember two of those. The GoT book problem. And people will say Genshin is slow with content. Pshaw. Rookie numbers.

Gentleman BastardEdit

1. The Lies of Locke Lamora (June 27, 2006)
  2. Red Seas Under Red Skies (June 20, 2007)
  3. The Republic of Thieves (October 8, 2013)
  4. The Thorn of Emberlain (forthcoming)
The Kingkiller Chronicle

Well... Technically, only the Poppy War is finished from those 4. But we are in for the long haul, aren't we? Stormlight is also nowhere close to the end...

Most of these individual books end in a satisfactory way, like Uncharted 1 -> 2 -> 3 etc. They conclude a chapter in either character's or world's lifespan. I read Name of the Wind and its sequel so long ago... I have no idea how could you conclude that story in one book, it felt like it will require 3 more books, so no wonder it is taking forever. BUT IT WILL BE WORTH IT!

Obviously everybody here knows Harry Potter and LotR, but if you want the finished series, I suppose the next thing is Mistborn?

If we could have no more than 3 year gaps in multi-book series, that would be the sweet spot, but this is one medium which functions on "When it is done" timetable.

I am probably about 200h of gametime in Genshin. 7-10 books?

Character's kit just doesn't seem to come together. I like the ultimate mechanic of tagging one random enemy, and then trying to kill him, to build this Chain:
Explosion -> Bonus Damage to Random Target -> It dying increases our DPS and creates Explosion -> Bonus...

• That E has limited up-time unless you get some Constellations.
• Bow auto-locks on the nearest enemy
• Charged attacks are clunky and unfun in this game, only work as mortar AoE shots on Ganyu
• You cannot play a single-carry, you will lose a lot of damage if you don't swap often
• Lots of bosses and hard-to-kill enemy configuration in challenges/Abyss, so you would only get increased marked target damage for a bit
• Her bow is way too strong

I can see how Yoimiya is a unique bow hero in theory, but I cannot see how I would use her in practice.

I don't consider Amber a viable hero, fireworks had to be a Pyro thing, so at least the Pyro Bow is the best configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.