• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
C6 Fischl + Childe

giphy.gif

That's a combo I also regularly use. :)
Congrats on C6 Fischl by the way. It makes her a 5 star, and one of the good ones.

Sure you can. I'm using 2 accounts. My free account is literally called "CameraMan." Main character is always earth so I can spawn a rock to stand on for a higher vantage point. But you have to be very quick with teh photo mode because when the rock despawns, it cancels the photo mode....

As for the logo, I remove it in photoshop.
I'll make them a deal. If they give us a decent photo mode, I wont remove the logo :)

Also, I replied in that other thread :)

It's in-game. It's one of those barriers that you have to zap with a electro pillar to destroy.
20218104055.png

Znl5RA.png

What do you eman my two accounts? Are you in co-op with yourself to take photos? Great idea!
That wouldn't work for me though, because I can only play the game on my Playstation 5.

Also, yay, now I'm not basically posting alone in that thread anymore. ;)

Oct 27, 2017
He is "locked" in another quest. You gotta finish the other quest first.
yeah this shit is just realllly annoying... i understand why they did it that way too, because it would stop alot of bugs from happening.. but i had to do 4 character quests in a row LOL to get in my teapot for a web event reward....(self cringing now)... do anyone reading if you have those purple keys for unlocking character quests ... dont unlock them until your ready to do them right then...

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
gm4jtm.jpg

Rolled 10 on standard. Fischl C6, starter constellation, first 5* weapon finally... hmm not too shabby 🧐
Congrats. An excellent pull all round. Any catalyst users you like using?
Or just handle it like events where Primogems are basically participation prices and only the other rewards actually require some work, so you can just not do it.
Yeah. I hope if there ever is an Abyss Floor 13 it's purely cosmetic (well it won't be that because Mihoyo charge extortionate prices for those) or something like that.
I suppose our memes and shitposting about wishing on the scam banner might be an actual "correct" way to increase the power level instead of just getting more characters.
It's funny that when I saw the Blessing I actually thought the opposite. It actively goes against what Mistsplitter wants to do. I just ignored the Blessing this time, but I found it weird that it was basically Mihoyo giving the middle finger to anyone who summoned on what people refer to as "the scam banner".

SpookySpice

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 22, 2019
Got 36*'s on the new Abyss! The most annoying part is absolutely the hypostasis bosses. Ridiculously short damage window where you basically need to have bursts ready or else you wont do enough damage. My reaction comp of Kazuha, Bennett, Xiangling and Xingqui had a ton of problems because they didn't have their bursts ready at the start.

Floor 12 is weird, I actually kind of like the ER mechanic? Requires you to time it so that your bursts are all ready during low tide. The tides didn't seem random? I had to restart 12-3 a bunch and it was always high tide first and then low tide. So I got Eula's burst up during the high tide and then by the time her sword pops low tides basically over.

Peradam

Jan 11, 2018
Ah, Floor 12-1-1's Kairagi…

SUCK!!! Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh

The insta-heal when you don't kill them simultaneously is some serious bs. Got my 36* eventually but that and failing to group the Cicin Mage and Mirror Maiden gave me the most trouble this time.

Begaria

Oct 27, 2017
The Pyro Cube as 11-3's final boss is complete bullshit when a timer is involved. That barrier that you have to eat through before damaging the boss can only really be damaged heavily with hydro as cryo and electro only do minimal damage to it. It pops in and out of vulnerability too quickly. It also feels like it doesn't stay in a damaging state for as long as other cubes.

Didn't help that I only one hydro on the team when I did it and Xingqiu's hydro isn't sustainable unless you have extreme amounts of ER. I was also using 2 Cryo users and they diddly squat to the barrier. My only other hydro character is Barbara. So. Yeah. 3 stars probably ain't happening this time on 11-3 for me.

Edit: Went back in with Barbara. Any catalyst hydro character (well...Barbara or Mona) trivializes that fight. 3 starred 11-3.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What do you eman my two accounts? Are you in co-op with yourself to take photos? Great idea!
That wouldn't work for me though, because I can only play the game on my Playstation 5.
Yup. Lol. Obviously I play the CameraMan account on my PC as that's where I want to use the higher resolution/graphics/etc.
I join that character in CO-OP with my main account (that has all the characters) using my phone and pose that character somewhere. It's a pain to move around on a phone but I don't have any other gaming device in the same room as my PC so that's what I work with :)

Anyways, here's a few more I've uploaded. Not sure if I've posted some of these or not so I apologize for repeats.
ZnoMei.png

ZnCY2o.png

ZnCLoi.png

Znov2P.png

ZnCue2.png

ZnoLJm.png

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I actually like Abyss, but the mechanic on Floor 12 is just not fun...

Oct 27, 2017
It's funny that when I saw the Blessing I actually thought the opposite. It actively goes against what Mistsplitter wants to do. I just ignored the Blessing this time, but I found it weird that it was basically Mihoyo giving the middle finger to anyone who summoned on what people refer to as "the scam banner".

It is a small reduction in Mistsplitter power if you choose to not have the final stack.

I think my plan remains sound to collect 1-2 good weapons of every type. Constellations are unaffordable, and when two desirable weapons land on the banner, it is the viva las vegas time.

Wishlist:
w_1405.png
w_1407.png
w_2402.png
w_4407.png
w_4404.png
w_3406.png

Inazuma 5* greatsword, whatever it is.

Last edited:

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Whew! I now officially have enough gems for a guaranteed Raiden even if the 50/50's a flop, and with a month to spare. Will it be Raiden or Diluc who appears to save me from a Zombaby C4 worst case scenario? Stay tuned.

All the amazing music in this game, yet Abyss' track continues to be so boring... I miss Inazuma already. ;_;

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
yeah this shit is just realllly annoying... i understand why they did it that way too, because it would stop alot of bugs from happening.. but i had to do 4 character quests in a row LOL to get in my teapot for a web event reward....(self cringing now)... do anyone reading if you have those purple keys for unlocking character quests ... dont unlock them until your ready to do them right then...

I'm not sure if this would have helped you or not (sometimes it really is blocked that badly), but keep in mind that you often don't need to finish the entire quest to unblock the one you care about. It seems to care very specifically about the involved character's location changing or them having something to say for a higher priority quest; if you moved past the step of the blocking quest that causes that, it should unblock the other quest immediately without having to finish the entire thing.

Of course, because at that point another quest can then get in the way, in this case that may have still required tediously moving all 4 quests to very specific points where it was fine to move on with the teapot quest...

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
So I use 5 shop fates on standard banner and got C1 Keqing and a Diona contellation in 5 pulls.at least I'm avoiding qiqi 🤷🏻‍♂️

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Not even going to try the Abyss today. Still too much to do (and farm) in Inazuma and time is limited.

Xanfrabot

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Man, the spyral abyss feels more and more like a whale club or something, these enemies have a million HP. I've gone from comfortably getting 35 stars every time to not being able to even finish floor 12. It's just too hard.

AkiraAkira

Dec 28, 2017
Wow, this new Abyss sucks. I full starred it, but that was way more frustrating than fun.

Team 1:
tvvdger66lr98z4zg.jpg
mred0p8lqpkpzj1zg.jpg

ml8wuzuuf97zuh4zg.jpg
lttniwef7gj8jr3zg.jpg

Team 2:
51324615409_c5bc4fac7d_o.jpg
xtvr3sdk8i6vhn2zg.jpg

4n82vle5iaamdi8zg.jpg
hhxgh8scoi88ldczg.jpg

Those healing samurai were fucking annoying, and sometimes I'd bring them to within a sliver of health, only for them to heal back like half their HP bar and ruin my run. And on the other side, the new hydro fatui mage felt like she had a ton of HP. She was extremely finicky to pick up in Venti's burst and, coupled with the high/low tide mechanic, it made it so frustrating to time Ayaka's burst.

Actually fuck the high/low tide mechanic in its entirety. That's really main my issue with floor 12 - it was so annoying to work around.

At least the chambers got easier as they went on. Kenki sucked, but the first half before it with the mitachurls was simple at least. Although all the crystals that popped up would sometimes grab Ningguang's auto aiming which was annoying. And the last chamber was a breeze with the bots.

I wanted to try with Ayaka, but I think bringing my usual Klee/Jean/Venti/flex team for floor 2 next time will work a lot better, as Klee isn't as dependent on her burst to dish out damage as Ayaka is. Plus my Jean is well-built so she can be a secondary source of good damage whereas with the Ayaka team everything more or less relies on her. Still, I really hate the high/low ER mechanic. I'm one of those weirdos that actually likes abyss, but if they keep it around, I'm probably just going to do my best and clear it one time without worrying about retrying floors to get max stars.

Last edited:

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
11-3 was not that bad I just had to turn my usual Xiangling/Kazuha/Xingqiu/Bennett and Ganyu/Klee/Venti/Zhongli team into Klee/Kazuha/Xiangling/Bennett and Ganyu/Barbara/Xingqiu/Zhongli. Trying figure a team for 12 now. I got a C6 Diona from the standard banner thanks to the shop reset and a C4 Ningguang and C3 Chongyun from the character banner.

I will prob still go with this and hope it works.
o9incMG.jpg

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Boots I can't remember if you've shared this before, but would you be willing share your Ninguanng's stats/build please? Just curious to see what you're rocking.
I think my plan remains sound to collect 1-2 good weapons of every type.
I actually agree with this, and it's an opinion I've had for a while now. But recently I've started to see the value in the og 5*s, specifically the ones with a 48 base like Atlas. We're seeing a trend of 5* weapons being tailored to the banner 5* heroes. While a weapon like Mistsplitter is amazing, Keqing is literally the only unit who (by themselves and without cons) can maintain close to 100% up time. Weapons like Jade Spear will always be good, regardless of what dps polearm user you're using. It allows you to freely chase the power creeped heroes going forward.

However this is me going on the assumption that base stats won't be power creeped, and Pines was an exception because it's a Claymore. That's what I'm hoping at least. I really don't want to start seeing 50 base attack weapons, but this is Mihoyo so we'll probably see that in 2.1 because they love their power creep.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I suck at the new abyss, lol. I have one great team: Zhongli, Fischl, Bennet and Eula or Childe, but my second team is garbage with terrible synergy. I have all these OP 5 stars, but they don't form a good team ;__;

Mockasin

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I've been lucky to get the right weapon every time on the weapon banner. I've got Amos, Homa, Mistsplitter and Wolfs Gravestone before- or at pity. So I can't stop pulling on the weapon banner even though I know it is a scam.

AkiraAkira

Dec 28, 2017
Boots I can't remember if you've shared this before, but would you be willing share your Ninguanng's stats/build please? Just curious to see what you're rocking.

Sure thing! She's C6.

unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

unknown.png
unknown.png

I know her crit rate is kind of excessive lol. But for as lucky as I've been with my artifacts, my luck on crit dmg circlets specifically is abysmal, so she deals more damage with my crit rate circlet. But yeah, she's a beast.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
So according to the last page or so the new Inazuma abyss is a nightmare. Figured.... I guess no more 36* for me onece I try it, lol.

Oct 27, 2017
Alkez Mistsplitter is still great. Even if you cannot get stacks, it is still some free elemental damage in addition to having high and good secondary. So even on the support, it is like Cloud Atlas tier, and that is what makes it desirable.

Pine Song or whatever the Eula's weapon was called is bad: high atk + both bad and low secondary + supporty passive.

Nope, don't want it. Even for Eula it loses against WGS, and for everyone non-Physical it is worse than Skyward Pride. Maybe in co-op that support passive is worth more, but boosting attack speed is pretty inefficient playing solo. There is only one character who attacks. WGS proc is more valuable than Pine's stack bonuses.

Whatever 5* Inazuma greatsword is, I hope it is no worse than WGS. It should definitely be an elemental-damage boosting passive and some kind of crit secondary.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Brought the monthly gems

Has 100 limited banner wishes and spent ten wishes and got my first chongyun and a constellation and ascended him to get some standard rolls

Got xinqui C3 and Bennet C2

Good little run there

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I currently have 21 standard fates. I'll just keep saving, even if they don't add a new 5 star to the standard poll on anniversary there's still a chance I can get Inazuma 4 stars when they're added.

tinthoh

Jan 13, 2018
I hope whoever designed the Pyro Hypostatis steps with his socks into water every single fucking day.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't done the new abyss yet as I'm close to max bp for the week so it would be a waste for me to do it today. I'm gonna ignore the complaints about it cause there was complaints about last abyss and it wasn't a big problem for me granted I got 35 stars but wasn't really putting forth the effort for that last star. So I'm just gonna have to see for myself. Although the complaints makes me wonder about how actually hard raid like content would be received here.

AkiraAkira

Dec 28, 2017
Grats on everyone's abyss clears so far!

Also I didn't have much of an issue with the pyro stasis, but that's probably because I already got that fight down to a science. Guess everyone hasn't been pre-farming for Yoimiya :P

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
Only spent the standard/aquaint fates. If i'm careful i'll be back where i was when ayaka dropped by the time raiden does, which was pretty comfortable.

Got 4 3 star weapons and a Yanfei. Totally fine haul; she's C5 now.

hypersheep325

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't done the new abyss yet as I'm close to max bp for the week so it would be a waste for me to do it today. I'm gonna ignore the complaints about it cause there was complaints about last abyss and it wasn't a big problem for me granted I got 35 stars but wasn't really putting forth the effort for that last star. So I'm just gonna have to see for myself. Although the complaints makes me wonder about how actually hard raid like content would be received here.
The BP points in that category (50 wishes, 12 Abyss stars, event milestones etc.) don't count against your BP weekly point limit.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yup. Lol. Obviously I play the CameraMan account on my PC as that's where I want to use the higher resolution/graphics/etc.
I join that character in CO-OP with my main account (that has all the characters) using my phone and pose that character somewhere. It's a pain to move around on a phone but I don't have any other gaming device in the same room as my PC so that's what I work with :)

Anyways, here's a few more I've uploaded. Not sure if I've posted some of these or not so I apologize for repeats.
ZnoMei.png

ZnCY2o.png

ZnCLoi.png

Znov2P.png

ZnCue2.png

ZnoLJm.png

Are these just the in-game Photo Mode, some version of Ansel, or what? Absolutely gorgeous btw!

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
That's a combo I also regularly use. :)
Congrats on C6 Fischl by the way. It makes her a 5 star, and one of the good ones.

I'd expect nothing less of the resident Childe stan.

Congrats. An excellent pull all round. Any catalyst users you like using?

Lost Prayer is a beast on literally any Catalyst user so you're good to go in that front. Congrats!

It's on Ningguang for now... 👀 loving the movement speed increase

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I can make a better pyro carry than Yoimiya now, watch:
Lavawalker Kazuha + Bennett

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
We all asked for an Abyss floor where Childe would work really well, and the monkey's paw curled and gave us the Pyro Hypostasis floor.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
That was definitely one of the harder Abyss in a while.
11-3 was honestly more annoying than any of 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.