• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

System2

Oct 27, 2017
California
I'm tired of Klees playstyle. I was hoping yoimiya would be a good substitute but now apparently she's bad? I wonder if she will even be good as support.
Too early to draw conclusions. However her team comps are 100% going to be reliant on Overloads which means pairing with Electro characters. The main thing people are worried about is the Internal Cooldowns, however the way it works is every 3rd hit or 2.5 seconds will allow for elemental application. The thing with Yoimiya is she actually attacks really fast and has double-hit on parts of her attack string. So her ICDS might be alot less of an issue than people are thinking. Regardless it would be surprising if she ends up truly bad. At worst I'd imagine she would be around Klees level or slightly above.

Oct 27, 2017
They are not releasing bad characters.

There is no world where Klee or Diluc are better. The balance of 5* seems to range from good to broken compared to 4*.
Worry about whether you want this character: playstyle, elements, visuals, voice.

And if somehow you want Yoimiya to be the OP character, just budget for the weapon. You can brute force the power of the character by rolling for that weapon, and simply making her 90 9/9/9 with good artifacts. Looking artifacts, I think you will want +18% ATK/+15% Pyro. Or maybe the cat-set.

Last edited:

Xanfrabot

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I've been getting this ad for the game lately on Youtube. It's hilarously bad.

Why would you even need to copy those fake mobile games ads? I don't understand 😂

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
I think Yoimiya will work with Venti. Or rather, she needs Venti. Venti burst to gather enemies. Get electro infusion somehow. Lots of fast electro aura from Venti, with slower pyro application from Yoimiya's normal attacks. Build EM on her, trigger many big pp Overload damage. She has AoE issue, Overload solves that issue.

That said Vape/Melt > Overload, so she's still won't look as good as other Pyro units with this setup.

I hope they won't change anything for her release. Makes it easy to skip. *run&hide

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
I've been getting this ad for the game lately on Youtube. It's hilarously bad.

Why would you even need to copy those fake mobile games ads? I don't understand 😂

Never before the urge to delete Genshin has been this strong. C R I N G E

As for the current Abyss reset, I gotta say, the DPS check keeps increasing. My first run through was cutting it pretty close with ~5 seconds to spare for all stars. Then I decided to use some more intersting team comps and got to ~30 seconds to spare on harder chambers. Taser Childe tho pretty low in the DPS ranking, got me pretty nice results when I changed Bennett for Kazua.

Still, big, juicy FU to MHY for putting that fire cube there, and putting water/thunder cicin mages on 2 different sides of the chamber, it's a CC nightmare.

DPS Kazuha fits right in, and I think provides more dmg boost than Bennett, on account of his ult's DOT and shred. No healing tho, so need to watch out.

And speaking of Kazuha, put a few clips together, the first one made me burst out loud laughing, I didn't expect boars to try to flank me haha, was gonna attack the ronin and suddenly 2 boars are flying.

Sanlei

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda give up on Yoimiya as well and wait for her Rerun.

Simply because i got a decent Pyro DMG Goblet yesterday from the ER set with ATK%, Critrate, Flat HP, then the rolls happened:
+4: DEF%
+8: Flat HP
+12: DEF%
+16: Critrate, but only 6.6% because of low inital roll (2.7%)...

So she's just another Diluc C1 i cant build. My luck with grinding the SF Set wasnt good either. Had better luck getting something for Raiden, and it seems like Raiden would actually funily enough work well Kokomi...

Still gonna roll for Sayu on her banner, and wouldnt be mad either if i get her under the 50% Pity, which is unlikely anyway as i always get 5 stars on roll 76, unless she's really cursed and as bad as Childe to break that rule?

But yeah i cant afford to give her a decent Pyro Goblet as i only have one amazing and one good for Hu Tao and Klee respectively. >.>

So i may just try to get Raiden with the 50% and rest all in Kokomi. I did decide a long time ago i would anyway get all 2.0 and 2.1 eventually, so it really doesnt matter which one needs a rerun, as long as i get Kokomi.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
another sac sword from the 5 new blue wishes
now R2, i am happy.

E7s4sJgXsAIzOzO

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Oh nice, got a commission in Mondstadt despite switching to Inazuma ones 3 days ago, okay.

anemovision

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Aug 8, 2018
Oh nice, got a commission in Mondstadt despite switching to Inazuma ones 3 days ago, okay.

this has happened to me a bunch of times too, one random mond commission

new abyss is tough so many time wasters.

11-3 required hydro for my second team the pyro staller just took too long with cryo only

only managed 2 stars per floor on 12. The venti nerf with the nobushi ignoring his burst is pain

zeropercent

Teyvat Traveler
May 13, 2020
I made it to 9* on F11 after a bunch of juggling my teams for the hypos tases and then quit after attempting F12-1 lol

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
As for the current Abyss reset, I gotta say, the DPS check keeps increasing. My first run through was cutting it pretty close with ~5 seconds to spare for all stars. Then I decided to use some more intersting team comps and got to ~30 seconds to spare on harder chambers. Taser Childe tho pretty low in the DPS ranking, got me pretty nice results when I changed Bennett for Kazua.

Still, big, juicy FU to MHY for putting that fire cube there, and putting water/thunder cicin mages on 2 different sides of the chamber, it's a CC nightmare.
Got 36* in new abyss but had to switch around some comps. Overall it was more fun than the previous one and yup higher DPS and that was my first time against the fire cube and I had no idea what to expect XD Took 2-3 tries because it kept getting the "shield" back up.

Childe with Bennett and Xiangling on one team, Ayaka and Kazuha on another. Those were MVP for me this rotation.

I really don't like how Abyss is handled... A lot of players are going to get left behind if they keep increasing the DPS needed.
Can we please get some new interesting endgame content?

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah I'm too far off from the dps check in the new abyss. Just don't have the power for it. No Bp weapons, no 5 star cons, only Barbara and Diona 4 star at C6. Might look up strategies for Pyro Cube on floor 11 later but it felt frustrating when the boss has so many invulnerable phases, as a hypostasis is apt to do. Watching other people burst down the vulnerable phase in one go was depressing. Felt like Ellin in the commission where she's like "oh I see, just hit all the training dummies with a giant meteor" except now I'm Ellin and I know I can't drop a 100k damage meteor.

… starting to regret not buying any Blackcliff weapons for better crit ratios but I horde my starglitter miserly.

Ah well. This feeling will pass.
Eventually.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'm too far off from the dps check in the new abyss. Just don't have the power for it. No Bp weapons, no 5 star cons, only Barbara and Diona 4 star at C6. Might look up strategies for Pyro Cube on floor 11 later but it felt frustrating when the boss has so many invulnerable phases, as a hypostasis is apt to do. Watching other people burst down the vulnerable phase in one go was depressing. Felt like Ellin in the commission where she's like "oh I see, just hit all the training dummies with a giant meteor" except now I'm Ellin and I know I can't drop a 100k damage meteor.

… starting to regret not buying any Blackcliff weapons for better crit ratios but I horde my starglitter miserly.

Ah well. This feeling will pass.
Eventually.

How long are you playing, and did you buy any Welkins?

Lemme see your party/stats.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
talking about Yoimiya, i am gonna pull on her banner, only because i want Sayu, also i hope to lose the 50/50 this time to get guarantee on Baal.

Last edited:

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Because low-quality mobile games and their ads make money. You think they make them (and pay other sites to put them up) out of, what, a misplaced or ironic love of kitsch aesthetic? :)
These ads are not targeted at you or any other hardcore gamers; they're targeted at the whole different audience that actually clicks on the mobile game ads that regularly grace the top of ResetEra's pages.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I cannot move my camera as far from the characters as you seem to be able to and I'm stuck with either a big Genshin Impact watermark on the picture or the UID. :(
Sure you can. I'm using 2 accounts. My free account is literally called "CameraMan." Main character is always earth so I can spawn a rock to stand on for a higher vantage point. But you have to be very quick with teh photo mode because when the rock despawns, it cancels the photo mode....

As for the logo, I remove it in photoshop.
I'll make them a deal. If they give us a decent photo mode, I wont remove the logo :)

Also, I replied in that other thread :)

wow
this in game photo or drawn?
It's in-game. It's one of those barriers that you have to zap with a electro pillar to destroy.
20218104055.png

Znl5RA.png

Switters

Oct 28, 2017
Hello? Is there a good resource for recommended team comps based on the characters you have? I have no idea what I'm doing and I feel like my damage is not scaling.

For those interested

Adventure Rank 24

Yanfei 40
Rosaria 40
Sucrose 20
Chongyun 40
Noelle 40
Nigguang 20
Xingqui 40
Barbara 20
Lisa 40
Amber 20
Kaeya 13

I can't get through the spiral abyss to unlock the other free one and it's really frustrating.... Every guide out there is like it's a cake walk you should be able to rofl stomp this in your 20's....

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Did 9/9/9/6 on Abyss, could try harder and try other comps , but I will embrace the comfy clear and move on.

Floor 11 brought Barbara to deal with the Fire Cube shields and it went very smooth , thought I would have more problems.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Bruh what is this abyss, every enemy in floor 12 has one million of HP.

I also love the invincibility phases in 12-2, they are great on a boss with a timer.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017

I also love the invincibility phases in 12-2, they are great on a boss with a timer.
This is why I hate the Abyss, because it's filled with BS like this.

The Pyro Hypostasis is not hard to beat but it has some of the most annoyingly short vulnerable windows and some annoyingly long invincibility phases. It's literally just there to let the timer run out on you. You're only hope is to beat the Cryo Hypostasis in one go or you're screwed.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Yup lol, literally just completed it but putting the Pyro Cube down there is a joke. You get 5 seconds every 30 to even damage the thing. I feel like Mihoyo is addicted to invincibility phases.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
This is why I hate the Abyss, because it's filled with BS like this.

The Pyro Hypostasis is not hard to beat but it has some of the most annoyingly short vulnerable windows and some annoyingly long invincibility phases. It's literally just there to let the timer run out on you. You're only hope is to beat the Cryo Hypostasis in one go or you're screwed.
The worst part is it's quite glitchy. One of the issues I had was when the 3 triangle things appear, Keqing would sometimes aim her E skill at them and sometimes not. One time I was standing right next to it and she threw it at the boss. Like wtf Mihoyo lol.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
what?
the Pyro Hypostasis in this abyss? i hate it
my barbruh is very weak and not leveled up good, and i need to use auto ranged to deal with his shield, only barbruh and mona and deal with him.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
And here I was thinking this Abyss rotation would benefit cryo because of Ayaka, lol.

The worst part is it's quite glitchy. One of the issues I had was when the 3 triangle things appear, Keqing would sometimes aim her E skill at them and sometimes not. One time I was standing right next to it and she threw it at the boss. Like wtf Mihoyo lol.
I found this happening with the Perpetual Mechanical Array too. Sometimes I'd try to hit the Ruin Sentinel with the runes, but Yanfei or Diona would aim at a different one further away.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
I had better luck with Xingqiu's ult than Mona for Pyro Hypostasis
Yeah I was surprised by that. Even for breaking the blocks in the shield regen phase, his long cooldown isn't a problem because you can just ram your water sword body into the blocks and that takes care of em. Just assumed that casters was the way to go.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Random weird annoying thing, the PS5 version does not split settings between profiles, a thing I've not seen a game do ever! So whenever my partner or I play after the other we have to toggle the Y invert setting.

Sanlei

Oct 25, 2017
9/9/9/6. Mihoyo at it again to make Abyss with each patch more annoying with its awful timers.

And yeah Pyro Hypostasis has a ridiculous short window to hit it. My time was just 7:02m after 3 tries in 11-3 because of that >.>

I also got my 2nd good electro goblet. Mihoyo really doesnt want me to roll for Yoimiya but for Raiden after getting another awful pyro goblet yesterday.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
gm4jtm.jpg

Rolled 10 on standard. Fischl C6, starter constellation, first 5* weapon finally... hmm not too shabby 🧐

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Hello? Is there a good resource for recommended team comps based on the characters you have? I have no idea what I'm doing and I feel like my damage is not scaling.

For those interested

Adventure Rank 24

Yanfei 40
Rosaria 40
Sucrose 20
Chongyun 40
Noelle 40
Nigguang 20
Xingqui 40
Barbara 20
Lisa 40
Amber 20
Kaeya 13

I can't get through the spiral abyss to unlock the other free one and it's really frustrating.... Every guide out there is like it's a cake walk you should be able to rofl stomp this in your 20's....
Honestly at this level you shouldn't be too worried about comps. You should focus on equipping your character with artifacts that have good attack stats. Don't worry about making sets just yet. From your list you could use Barbara Yanfei Rosaria Amber until you unlock xiangling.

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
Y'all saying Yoimiya is bad never tried her with her normal attack and Xingqiu's burst, she becomes a vaporize chaingun and it's glorious.
It's not that doesn't vaporize or melt completely it's just the state that shes in currently because of ICD she only does reaction damage roughly every 3-4 seconds which is super inconsistent compared to basically every other pyro character. I'm hoping by some miracle this is fixed before she gets here.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like they've recently learned that messing with your cooldowns and energy isn't fun.
Maybe next they'll learn that enemies with frequent invulnerability phases in combination with a timer isn't fun.

How I wish they would just scrap this entire Abyss concept and make some actual fun end-game.
Or just handle it like events where Primogems are basically participation prices and only the other rewards actually require some work, so you can just not do it.

Sanlei

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like they've recently learned that messing with your cooldowns and energy isn't fun.
Maybe next they'll learn that enemies with frequent invulnerability phases in combination with a timer isn't fun.

How I wish they would just scrap this entire Abyss concept and make some actual fun end-game.
Or just handle it like events where Primogems are basically participation prices and only the other rewards actually require some work, so you can just not do it.
They didnt.
That ER low and high tide in 12 stuff is annoying too.

Oct 27, 2017

Ok, so I did the Abyss so we are on the same page. Got all the stars.

Yes, it is indeed a bit more difficult, especially since the Blessing isn't very good.

• Really no dodging the pyro thing, just shield-up and attack/iframe (sucks for those who dont have Zhongli)
• I used Fischl + Xinqui to destroy the Pyro boss. Zhongli was the main shield, but his E still does some damage. Diona was a shielbot and all of her Ults just miss...
• Precasting some setup damage so you don't waste time as it goes vulnerable
• Xinqui shield destroys Pyro sphere's crystals on touch
• Last attempt was with plenty of time left, but I found restarting instantly if the Cryo boss does the spinning wheel instead of the projects as a first attack. Cryo is super easy, but you have to nail it within a minute or something.

I brought (Geo bros + Eula combo) + (Klee, Fischl, Kazuha, Bennet) for the 12th floor. Typically I take Xiao and Klee as DPS, but if I bring Geo, I switch DPS to Eula + Blessing/ER tricks are useless for Xiao. It went alright, the first room is kind of the hardest. I panicked a little when 3 constructs spawned away from each other, but they redeploy into a cluster eventually.

I suppose our memes and shitposting about wishing on the scam banner might be an actual "correct" way to increase the power level instead of just getting more characters. One more Abyss damage-requirement increase and the only way to beat it will be with superior stats.

On one hand, I like that it is increasing in difficulty, but at the same time, it should extrend with more floors (and rewards).

Xanfrabot

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Because low-quality mobile games and their ads make money. You think they make them (and pay other sites to put them up) out of, what, a misplaced or ironic love of kitsch aesthetic? :)
These ads are not targeted at you or any other hardcore gamers; they're targeted at the whole different audience that actually clicks on the mobile game ads that regularly grace the top of ResetEra's pages.

Yeah, I understand that this type of ads make money too. It was just a tongue in cheek remark :)

Lom1lo

Oct 27, 2017
Im getting melted at world level 4 :/ Perpetual Heart is just too hard, but I want the mats for ascending ayaka.

Status
Not open for further replies.