• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
CO-OP
2021-07-30_15_37_57-Experience__my_face_became_a_meme___Life_and_style___The_Guardian.png
LOL. Genius solution.

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
Agreed.

I didn't even fixate on the "booba sword" thing when it happened, I just considered it a cool moment. I really hope it dies down. :/
Yeah, if anything the moment AFTER the "booba sword" is the coolest part.

I LOVE the shatter effect when she swings the sword in the cutscene, and from the leaked gameplay footage, her sword swings have a spacey effect to them which... ugh. I NEED IT.

Where the sword comes from doesn't even matter when the effects of it are so cool.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, if anything the moment AFTER the "booba sword" is the coolest part.

I LOVE the shatter effect when she swings the sword in the cutscene, and from the leaked gameplay footage, her sword swings have a spacey effect to them which... ugh. I NEED IT.

Where the sword comes from doesn't even matter when the effects of it are so cool.
Yeah, I love that "dimensional shatter effect". So good. I will never tire of it.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Nah I appreciate the note honestly as it's a good thing to put out there to new players in general. I'm a sucker for cosmetics so it's prudent, though I've cut my teeth on other games even if this is my first Gacha (think OW loot boxes, CS:GO keys, etc. ~ at least characters here have some gameplay utility). The driver for the large sum was a mix of it being F2P but also apparent a game I will garner a lot from, that you got 2x the value (it's v.unlikely I'll ever use the large option again), that I wanted an Event/5* character in my roster as I am enjoying it a lot and that Ayaka really did feel like a character I'd get a lot from (and have so far!). It was an amount I could afford as a starting boost for the game, and though I wouldn't have had regrets if it had taken the whole amount, I'm thankful to have almost all of it there in crystals to dip into on future stuff. I appreciate the looking out though, it's a good aspect to have in communities around games like this.
OK, that makes a lot of sense. :) And thanks for taking it so well. <3

Yoimiya looks neat from a design standpoint but I don't feel much of a hook from reading about her abilities. So I'll probably do a few pulls here and there but mostly stockpile my primos in prep for the Shogun banner in September.
As a rule of thumb, as a free player, you can get more or less one in every 3-4 of the new 5* characters that pop up (that's how it's been for both me and my SO, roughly). Daily comissions and higher levels of the Abyss (levels 9-12 reset each two weeks and you can repeat them to get their rewards again) are the most reliable sources of free gems at the endgame, since other sources will slowly dry up. If you haven't already, it probably makes sense for you to get the Welkin Moon, which is the best gem-per-money in the game, at 5-6$ for a monthly pass that gives you gems every day. For the record I'm playing 100% entirely free, not even Welkin Moon.

Though no doubt it would be advisable to hold off, as using that many resources again would be a waste. I did do that with Fischl too, but they managed to catch me off the edge, then hit me again as I was climbing back up. I just need to get used to her a bit more in that swap in and out sense, and she's also the only character still rocking a blue weapon which doesn't help.
It's in your best interest not to fight the Oceanid anyway, since you would need to use 40 of your daily resin allocation to get its treasure (like any world boss) and you have no water characters to level up.
But if you do (I know challenges can be very attractive!), one of the best ways to fight her is using Cryo characters, since they freeze the animals solid. For that reason Qiqi would be quite the game changer in that fight. Don't shy away from taking two healers to a tough fight, either, especially one that has no time limit like that one. :)

- Ahhh I get you, I shouldn't have been so mean to her.
Don't worry, she won't remember. :D

I've swapped to her since posting and levelled her and a weapon up for her, and she seems cool. Her run is adorable lol. I'll give her a fair shake of the stick but in general, between Chongyun, Bennett, Ayaka, Qiqi, Yanfei and Fischl who would you have in your main runs for things like the Abyss? Bearing in mind if you cut Ayaka, I may have to cut you. I'm probably more glued to Chongyun than I should be just by virtue of him being at C5 and the rest C0.
Depends very much on what you're fighting (you can check the enemy composition for each floor of the abyss before starting). All of the characters you mentioned are viable at endgame so feel free to level them all up, but Bennett and Ayaka are obviously the stand outs. Bennett is as good as everyone says, because he not only heals, he increases your damage as well.

To be honest, the game is surprisingly balanced and I would say it feels like there's pretty much no useless character in the roster, except for poor Amber. Here's for example some (always subjective) tier list I found, but note I'm using many of the "A" characters and not using some of the "S" and even "S+" characters I do own; the tiers are very compressed.
genshin.gg

Genshin Impact Tier List (Best Characters) - Genshin.gg

Discover the best characters and builds ranked for all content in Genshin Impact.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Huh I didn't realise that Kazuha's elemental skill is also really good at destroying the harder rock resources like amethyst lumps

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really didn't need another anemo 5-star character... but I really wish I got Kazuha because he looks so damn cool.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not doubting Kaz's power by any means, but I'm looking forward to seeing how he performs in the next Abyss rotation. As someone who doesn't have him, my view of him is distorted atm due to the Abyss Blessings.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Mechanical Cube as the boss for the event fucking sucks when I've already farmed the crap out of it for Ayaka's ascension.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
I dont know what to do. I have no interest in the bow user but don't want to get Gacha'd into c8 Yanfie..that all they kept giving me 🤷🏻‍♂️

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
I dont know what to do. I have no interest in the bow user but don't want to get Gacha'd into c8 Yanfie..that all they kept giving me 🤷🏻‍♂️

I started the banner with C6 Chongyun, and pulled like 10 more of him. Meanwhile my Yanfei started at C2 and is only at C4 now haha. Go figure.

That said, I kinda like getting C6+ dupes because it's a free extra pull towards pity. I'm more concerned about inching closer to 5* pity than I am about my 11th C6 4*.

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
These types of comments generate reports, you are making others in the thread uncomfortable. And this goes for anyone else making immature 'booba' remarks: consider this a first and final courtesy warning, as whatever happens next will be out of my hands. I do not want to see a slew of regulars of this thread get banned so knock it off right now. If this continues don't expect me to continue advocating for any of you.
Thank you for calling on ppl to cut this out. The overall fandom's obsession with Raiden's boobs was already old by day one, and it's just become completely inescapable ever since -- at least having ERA as a space that tries to remember not everyone feels comfortable with those types of objectifying jokes is much appreciated.

NeptunePirate

Nov 1, 2017
Has anyone here had any experience on getting a PSN game account reset? I emailed the developer a couple of weeks ago with my info, asking to see if my PS4/5 progress could be reset, so I could sync it with my iOS progress, which is a lot farther. Either way, it's not a huge deal for me. I was just curious if I need to wait for a few weeks or even months for a response. If it can't be deleted, I can just keep going from where I am.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
I started the banner with C6 Chongyun, and pulled like 10 more of him. Meanwhile my Yanfei started at C2 and is only at C4 now haha. Go figure.

That said, I kinda like getting C6+ dupes because it's a free extra pull towards pity. I'm more concerned about inching closer to 5* pity than I am about my 11th C6 4*.
They should give you way more if you C6+ dupe. You lose a 4 or 5* weapon or character..it's ridiculous.

Lom1lo

Oct 27, 2017
So how do people take care of new chars ?
I would really like to try a new team but how the hell should I get those up to speed ?

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I would really like to try a new team but how the hell should I get those up to speed ?

It takes time. Focusing on one at a time works best for me.

I got Ayaka maxed out in less than a week but I did as much pre-farming as I could for her and I stockpiled fragile resin for months. The Diluc I got while pulling for her will take me much longer to get ready for showtime.

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
For folks like me who've been playing a while, there's a good amount of pre-farming that goes into things. Even if you don't look at beta leaks or whatever, you can safely build up a stock of money and exp books for a character.

If you're newer to the game, it helps to focus on a character or few characters you really enjoy and build them. Once your "A Team" is set, pick out a few characters you want to build and work on them bit by bit until they're up to speed.

Using condensed resin for talent/artifact domains can help too since it gives double rewards, and being efficient with your resin usage helps too. Not "wasting" it on bosses or domains you don't need can help speed the process up. When I'm trying to build a cryo character, using resin for the Electro cube, for instance, would be silly.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
Got Ayaka to 90 today. Good damage overall, probably roughly on par with Hu Tao from a DPS perspective. Her permanent Cryo is extremely nice for permafreeze, but wow does that comp basically require Xingqiu (Barbara kinda works... but not really).

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
New player, I discovered that wish tracker thing last night and it's really dangerous.

Like, "Oh damn, the odds are better than I thought, I should probably spend more money!"

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
I really enjoy playing with Hu Tao. Not getting that Staff of Homa still has my soul burning til this day. 3 fucking WGS instead of Staff of Homa. mannnnnn

shit gave me PTSD

Party

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Dec 3, 2018
www.youtube.com

《Genshin Impact》Kaedehara Kazuha -Sketch Animation「Lonely journey」

Genshin fandomOriginal Relase:https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV17M4y1M7LvAnmao(Director):I hope you can be moved by the characters when you see this video. W...

This is very cool.

edit:

3JhoW4L.jpg

😭
I will reiterate, Kazuha is the best character in the game from a story perspective. He is the only character where the often incredibly heartfelt and tragic stories that are written into the character backstories are actually part of the A plot. I cannot wait to see if and how they resolve it.

Oct 27, 2017
I really enjoy playing with Hu Tao. Not getting that Staff of Homa still has my soul burning til this day. 3 fucking WGS instead of Staff of Homa. mannnnnn

shit gave me PTSD

Sounds like you have OP Eula?

But there is an extra knife in your back from getting 3 WGS. I think the good limited weapons will never double, it will always be a mix of: New/Good Limited + Standard/Mediocre weapon. There are layers of scams in that banner...

Speaking about banner, I wonder what will be the second weapon with that OP bow... I still need my WGS. Low-roll being the Inezuma bow is inviting. All in!

Makes 0 difference when everything you want dead is dead by the end of it.

40-50k per hit. Besides the two damage sponge lizards, nothing lives by the end of it.

And his E still does 25-30k per hit. And since I have his C1 by luck...

Also, his charge attack does 10-12k damage, so I dunno what you're saying about his limitations... he does not need to use his ult all the time, he just have his best damage when he uses it.

I think you missed the start where the list was aimed at starting characters and early game, which ones come with most convenience and least limitations, while still having good damage. The list was not DPS Tier List for endgame.

Now when I think of it, Inazuma/Xiao/Hu Tao are all a bit of the burden too, because their asc materials are very far into the map. And Diluc gets the extra smiley face for utilizing the craftable weapon as pretty much the best 4* weapon for him.

Last edited:

Imm0ralKnight

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017

shit gave me PTSD

I regret it too. Both those weapons were pretty good for alot of characters and I skipped it. Also I wished I went after Hu Tao's C1 since it makes her potential as a dps that much higher. It sucks running out of stamina constantly.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Man the last part of this event is nothing but sheer tedium, fighting the same boss with zero variety like 10 times. 😐

The Mechanical Array isn't even an interesting boss, its only got like 3 moves and tedious forced invulnerability.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I'm grinding out gems for Baal at the moment. Was at around 1.1K at the start of Inazuma and have been able to jump up to just short of 7K. Also got two wishes in the bank, soon to be seven.

I'm 19 into a guarantee too. I was feeling quite bullish about my chances of getting a C1, but I did the numbers today and while there'll obviously be events on the horizon, I'm not too confident now.

I'll get her and I might even get a few 10-pulls afterwards, but a C1 looks unlikely. I haven't wished since July 10 either, so it just goes to show how tough it is to boost your balance.

Finally got round to Kazari's quest, which was great and feels like an essential part of the Inazuma 'story'. Wish it was voiced.

I've also just shattered the dome, so look forward to exploring that area the next time I hop on.

But bloody hell the NPCs can talk. Conversations feel incredibly long, overwritten and just... frustrating to engage in sometimes. You could edit down most exchanges by 50% and still get what you need from them. While I feel like most side quests are stronger here than in the previous regions, I struggle to get through them sometimes because there's just so much text to read.

I don't ever skip the dialogue because I like the little stories these quests serve up, but bugger it's tough.

One quest has you listen in on a conversation, then speak to the people individually, then go find another person - who is babbling on about procedures, etc. I logged off earlier because I've got to go back to the bloke again and I didn't have the energy.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
They should give you way more if you C6+ dupe. You lose a 4 or 5* weapon or character..it's ridiculous.

It does suck, but it's still a free extra pull towards pity, which at this point in my roster, I'm much more interested in a 5* constellation than another 4* weapon or constellation.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
New player, I discovered that wish tracker thing last night and it's really dangerous.

Like, "Oh damn, the odds are better than I thought, I should probably spend more money!"

Don't you dare!

Kyuuji, I see you as well! Spending that dough on Ayayayaya! ;)

I may not be engaging, but I am watching. :P

robert-de-niro-you-gif-2.gif

but srsly, congrats on getting 2 five starts in quick succession

I will reiterate, Kazuha is the best character in the game from a story perspective. He is the only character where the often incredibly heartfelt and tragic stories that are written into the character backstories are actually part of the A plot. I cannot wait to see if and how they resolve it.

giphy.gif

It is SUCH A SHAME my good rival Tyaren wasn't able to pull Kazuha, it's just too sad.

Oct 27, 2017
It does suck, but it's still a free extra pull towards pity, which at this point in my roster, I'm much more interested in a 5* constellation than another 4* weapon or constellation.

It is a bit worse than that, you get 2 glitter for a dupe before maxing them. So when doing the nerd math, it gives you an extra 0.6 wish.

Assuming you get around 10 4* items until 5* pity, that will amount to just 6 extra wishes for literally no items until the 5* pity.

I hope they pick up the pace with 4*, and we get at least one new 4* for every new 5*. I am already C6 with several characters, and there is nothing fun about burning them for those 3 extra glitter. Even if I am not playing most of them actively, I still want to have them at C6 for completionism/variety.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh. I guess you can just one-shot the Array and it doesn't do anything and doesn't spawn minions.

Lmao, what a terrible boss.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Beidou's ship even moved an inch in the cutscene. It's definitely just geometry in the world rather than anything dynamic lol

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I got the Array down to like...35% HP before it became immune and that was the best I could do.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
Is Beidou's ship docked anywhere in Inazuma? They really half assed her inclusion.
Yeah I was super disappointed the "dangerous" journey to Inazuma was just a fade to black- like WHAAAAT!??

All the buildup of how treacherous it is sailing thru storms to get to Inazuma, and it's just a fade to black.

LAAAME

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
lmao

got to Higi village, Zhongli got zapped while I was idling on NPC dialogue and flew all the way to the ravine below

it does add a little tension to exploration

tenor.gif

Oct 26, 2017
The Eula and Kazuha fan animations just show that these stories could potentially be interesting and impactful, but the way they're handled in the game just leaves it all on the table instead.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
The Eula and Kazuha fan animations just show that these stories could potentially be interesting and impactful, but the way they're handled in the game just leaves it all on the table instead.
With Kazuha, despite him having a good story, it's always going to be undercut because:
They aren't about to model and texture a new character to kill instantly
They aren't about to show Raiden actually killing anyone on screen when you're eventually gonna market her as a waifu who did nothing wrong
So instead you get the whimsical picture book version

Status
Not open for further replies.