• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I feared the worst when I saw that stupid gate for the Automaton Front... But thank heaven, it's not another one of those events where you need to make things unreasonably brutal with modifiers to get everything.

I hate those events so much; I'm not going to enjoy running a boss a billion times for this one but at least I'll be able to get the rewards. I wish they'd at least put the nameplate lower in them because I've never been able to get even that much.

It's always just me wasting a ton of time (and food) throwing myself up against bullshit conditions at too high a level over and over, barely failing the one I'm even close to beating like that, and then giving up anyway. I feel like the abyss already exists if they want to add some special rewards for really demanding challenges, or otherwise please present it as an event that's not for causal players.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I hate those events so much; I'm not going to enjoy running a boss a billion times for this one but at least I'll be able to get the rewards. I wish they'd at least put the nameplate lower in them because I've never been able to get even that much.

It's always just me wasting a ton of time (and food) throwing myself up against bullshit conditions at too high a level over and over, barely failing the one I'm even close to beating like that, and then giving up anyway. I feel like the abyss already exists if they want to add some special rewards for really demanding challenges, or otherwise please present it as an event that's not for causal players.

For these events I just do the bare minimum to get up to the namecard. Beyond that all the rewards are just mora so I don't bother.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
I feared the worst when I saw that stupid gate for the Automaton Front... But thank heaven, it's not another one of those events where you need to make things unreasonably brutal with modifiers to get everything.
That's just a generic portal they use for events that take you into a domain. It was actually first used for a Fall Guys-esque mini-game where only the very end of it had combat.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Well I am HATING the hazard area on Tatarasuna.
The electrogranum last like 5 seconds and there are numerous groups of tanky enemies showing up out of nowhere every few steps and the things to summon electrogranum are too spread out. I guess the idea is to level up your sakura tree so that they last like.. 1 second longer, which isn't going to help at all. Also they expect you to do puzzles in that time as well. Nonsense

PRed

Jan 7, 2018
The electrogranum last like 5 seconds and there are numerous groups of tanky enemies showing up out of nowhere every few steps and the things to summon electrogranum are too spread out. I guess the idea is to level up your sakura tree so that they last like.. 1 second longer, which isn't going to help at all. Also they expect you to do puzzles in that time as well. Nonsense
I put Barbara in party for 2nd island. Her healing (without leveling talent) is enough to get through most of the hazardous areas. It's almost as if it wasn't hazardous at all.

evilalien

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017

Just wait until you've finished Tatara Tales, though you will have to deal with it for a little while during that quest. There's nothing forcing you to explore that area right away.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I really wish Kazuha had released after Ayaka. I have my guaranteed now and would happily use it on Kazuha.
I kind of hate myself for doing it, but I went ahead and leveled up some of my three star weapons, as I don't have many four stars yet and my characters really needed the damage boosts.

currently sitting at a lv 20 ish party, ar16 now and steaming toward 20.
Don't. I'm at the end game and I have some 3* weapons leveled to 90 that I still use.
My wife got Mistsplitter Reforged this morning!

I'm so happy for her. She's a Keqing main since day 2 or whenever she got Keqing, loves the character, loves her playstyle, and went face-down into the weapon banner trying to get the weapon.

...Unfortunately it took the full pity system to get it. She got two Skyward Spines before finally getting Keqing her sword, but she's so happy :D

As a Kazuha main I wish I had gotten his weapon, but ehhhhh I'd rather take my chances on a future weapon banner.
As a fellow Keqing main with Mistsplitter, please pass on my congrats.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
www.youtube.com

《Genshin Impact》Kaedehara Kazuha -Sketch Animation「Lonely journey」

Genshin fandomOriginal Relase:https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV17M4y1M7LvAnmao(Director):I hope you can be moved by the characters when you see this video. W...

This is very cool.

edit:

3JhoW4L.jpg

😭
Ooh it's the same person who did the amazing Eula video! Wow, they're on a roll.

...it did make me feel more guilty for wanting Raiden on my team though lol.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Just out of interest if there's a crossover of fans, is anyone here interested in Tales of Arise or the Tales games in general?
My favourite game as a kid was Tales of Symphonia and it's probably one of the reasons I like this game so much.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
And a sword comes out fro-
R-Right, titles…

A few Inazuma dialogue options refer to her weapon as "titachi"

These types of comments generate reports, you are making others in the thread uncomfortable. And this goes for anyone else making immature 'booba' remarks: consider this a first and final courtesy warning, as whatever happens next will be out of my hands. I do not want to see a slew of regulars of this thread get banned so knock it off right now. If this continues don't expect me to continue advocating for any of you.

hypersheep325

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty much not exploring that area until I finish the world quest to fix the nuclear Tatarigami reactor. Just quick trips in and out to get the world quest objectives, which I think was the actual intent of the developers. That area is essentially hostile to life.

meataem

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 29, 2019
Just out of interest if there's a crossover of fans, is anyone here interested in Tales of Arise or the Tales games in general?
My favourite game as a kid was Tales of Symphonia and it's probably one of the reasons I like this game so much.

I'm a big fan of the Tales series, and playing Symphonia way back when probably had a lot to do with my addiction to anime and anime-based games, so Tales is indirectly responsible for my current addiction to Genshin. :p

Chances are slim but I'd be down for a Tales crossover in Genshin.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
For sure, Arise is probably my most anticipated game this year. The art style and general vibe feeling similar to Tales was one of the main things that originally drew me in.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017

Never played a Tales but interested in Arise... Dohalim got me ngl

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Down to 300k Mora. Guess I'm doing leylines again.

Why are character upgrades so expensive in this game?!
Ngl, I'm not the biggest Symphonia fan, but I do like the series as a whole (I know, blasphemy haha). I think Arise is shaping up very nicely.

Oct 27, 2017
Do what I do, only check what you got after getting full 1000 artifacts, that way, you limit your disappointment to once a week, as opposed to every single day.
this 1000% if i go for a set i just do it at least 50 times .. looking at one every time after the other as you do them is just too much disappointment saving 50+ at least one of those mofos will be ok at least :p

next patch better have 2k arts <:(

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
so...it happened

i gave up, i am weak, i am stupid.

i just saw that i have 50 pity on the weapon banner from the homa, so i said..fuck it, let's do it

and it happened, withen 20 pulls

i won the %75

i got spined

i deserved it, fuck me.
i really feels bad now.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
so...it happened

i just saw that i have 50 pity on the weapon banner from the homa, so i said..fuck it, let's do it

i won the %75

i got spined

i deserved it, fuck me.
i really feels bad now.
:(

My condolences.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Skyward Spine isn't a tragedy. It's fantastic on a bunch of sub-dps and support dps characters like Xiangling and Rosaria. It's also going to be an upper tier weapon on Raiden due to its ER and it even boosts some Crit Rate.

It's not an L the way Skyward Blade is an L.

Oct 27, 2017
Well if you are planning on pulling for Raiden you've got a solid weapon for her now.

The way it looks... R1 Spine will be around the power level of the fully charged event weapon :(

Spine redemption arc is going to be stolen

These types of comments generate reports, you are making others in the thread uncomfortable. And this goes for anyone else making immature 'booba' remarks: consider this a first and final courtesy warning, as whatever happens next will be out of my hands. I do not want to see a slew of regulars of this thread get banned so knock it off right now. If this continues don't expect me to continue advocating for any of you.

This is better compared to what happened last time :)

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
So is there any katana-style sword that would fit Kazuha? I'm currently using the sacrificial sword because its apparently his second BiS (I am not sure how out of date it is), but I'd like to find something more similar to his official art. I know there is the amenoma kageuchi but its less suited for him.

hypersheep325

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So is there any katana-style sword that would fit Kazuha? I'm currently using the sacrificial sword because its apparently his second BiS (I am not sure how out of date it is), but I'd like to find something more similar to his official art. I know there is the amenoma kageuchi but its less suited for him.
Mistsplitter /s

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
The way it looks... R1 Spine will be around the power level of the fully charged event weapon :(

Spine redemption arc is going to be stolen

This is better compared to what happened last time :)

Do we have confirmation that weapon actually comes from an 'event' or does it come from the upcoming weapon banner? Cause there is no guarantee we would pull it from the banner.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
For sure, Arise is probably my most anticipated game this year. The art style and general vibe feeling similar to Tales was one of the main things that originally drew me in.

Yeah if Horizon is really delayed to next year, Arise is in my top spot
As a kid playing Tales I was always "I want more and more party members!" I guess Genshin scratches that itch lol

anotherdoof

Oct 27, 2017
so...it happened

i won the %75

i got spined

i deserved it, fuck me.
i really feels bad now.

Man, I had almost the same story (rolled 50 in Homa before I realized what a scam weapon banner is). Figured empty the pity into this banner since I probably won't roll another weapon banner.

Mistsplitter in 64 total

Weapon banner is still a scam

Oct 27, 2017
Do we have confirmation that weapon actually comes from an 'event' or does it come from the upcoming weapon banner? Cause there is no guarantee we would pull it from the banner.

That is actually a really good point, I haven't considered that it might end up in the banner as a limited 4*, so R1 vs R1 would favor Spine by quite a bit. And if you aren't pulling on weapon banner anymore, it is valuable. Path to redemption is there, even if the weapon only looks good on anemo characters. I need those colors trims on weapons... Kazuha is subjected to artistic torture with the blue sword.

Still... getting Spine'd is bad, and because of how pity works, unless you want to impale yourself again for that charting pity, it goes to the literal waste in 12 days.

I wasn't a staff member at the time so keep your mod whining to yourself.

No idea why you need to use the word whining, but whatever, I will keep it to myself.

Maedhros

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
• Xiao and Childe have obvious limitations.
Wondering about the obvious limitations of Xiao, when I'm still trouncing every single live thing that's not the Anemo Hypostasis and Boreas...

Literally the limitations he provides is making the game a bore fest. Only in the Abyss, and just some floors, he actually don't help. And if you have a Zhongli, he's basically invincible.

Oct 27, 2017
Wondering about the obvious limitations of Xiao, when I'm still trouncing every single live thing that's not the Anemo Hypostasis and Boreas...

Literally the limitations he provides is making the game a bore fest. Only in the Abyss, and just some floors, he actually don't help. And if you have a Zhongli, he's basically invincible.

It is not the damage limitations, it is the way ultimate works that it doesn't regen while it is active. It has downtime, and unlike Noelle, you cannot switch mid-ultimate. Start of the game favors heroes who can just do damage on-demand, so you just pop 3 goblins without having to expand ultimate or go into long cooldowns.

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
Thanks for this.

I'm as excited for Raiden Shogun as the next person but it's so juvenile and upsetting seeing the countless "lol booba sword" posts and memes. It's died down some but I know it'll explode again in popularity once her banner is out. :/

Maedhros

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It is not the damage limitations, it is the way ultimate works that it doesn't regen while it is active. It has downtime, and unlike Noelle, you cannot switch mid-ultimate. Start of the game favors heroes who can just do damage on-demand, so you just pop 3 goblins without having to expand ultimate or go into long cooldowns.
Makes 0 difference when everything you want dead is dead by the end of it.

40-50k per hit. Besides the two damage sponge lizards, nothing lives by the end of it.

And his E still does 25-30k per hit. And since I have his C1 by luck...

Also, his charge attack does 10-12k damage, so I dunno what you're saying about his limitations... he does not need to use his ult all the time, he just have his best damage when he uses it.

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
Zhongli is a weird case since we meet him mid identity shift / fake death. Most archons seem just have an ancient name and a modern name, and the pattern so far is the playable characters use the modern name, so probably just 'Raiden' for the electro archon. In that spirit, i will also accept calling her 'christopher lambert'.

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm as excited for Raiden Shogun as the next person but it's so juvenile and upsetting seeing the countless "lol booba sword" posts and memes. It's died down some but I know it'll explode again in popularity once her banner is out. :/
This.

This thread doesn't need to be a boys club.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
So, I'm now AR20 🎉 and thus WL1. I haven't had too much chance to explore the world since that milestone, but it's nice to be at it. Honestly until writing this post, I'd forgotten that that also puts me at the level to get Aloy. Which was my primary reason on starting the game and going for it initially. So to have forgot that in the time between then and now only speaks to how much the game has clicked. Instead I was interested in the areas of the game that would open for me at 20, and to start hitting those WL increases with the changes they bring to the world. So kudos Genshin, I came for Aloy but stayed for everything else. Who knows if she'll even stay in my party at this point lol.

I feel this.

For the first 10 AR or so, I was constantly thinking, "How am I going to build my team around Aloy?"

And now at AR25 I'm like, "I don't know if Aloy even has a spot on my team."

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How is the Inazuma content so far? Did it live up to your expectations?
Im so happy with it that I'm wondering where the catch is, lol. Some of it feels like actual video game type stuff. Like I'm discovering secrets all over the island that I can't do anything with until I do a quest or something prior. Real fun progression type stuff. Really enjoying it.

Then there's the visuals...

Zer449.png

ZerBlm.png

ZePM01.png

ZePYqc.png

ZePoYK.png

ZePe1k.png

(sorry, I started responding to this right away but then I got distracted by stuff)

Zhongli: "Haha Omoshiroi"

72K with bennet.... lolol what the hell

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah ngl, I wasn't a fan of it either tbh.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Im so happy with it that I'm wondering where the catch is, lol. Some of it feels like actual video game type stuff. Like I'm discovering secrets all over the island that I can't do anything with until I do a quest or something prior. Real fun progression type stuff. Really enjoying it.

Then there's the visuals...

Zer449.png

ZerBlm.png

ZePM01.png

ZePYqc.png

ZePoYK.png

ZePe1k.png

(sorry, I started responding to this right away but then I got distracted by stuff)

72K with bennet.... lolol what the hell
Amazing pics. How do you get the camera that far from the characters?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for this.

Agreed.

I didn't even fixate on the "booba sword" thing when it happened, I just considered it a cool moment. I really hope it dies down. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.