• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017

Ayaka x Kazuha, name a more iconic duo lol

Lord... I forgot that Sayu is dropping soon but I will have to skip because I NEED Raiden x Sara constellations T_T

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
I tried the game again after not playing it since October from last year, and I can't remember a single thing. There's no way to reset my progress/save, right?

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
looking for Dainsleif leaks like

tumblr_inline_oluhqxKCbY1ty99rh_500.gif

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
After returning to this game after more than 7 months, I'm back to following the story and I didn't realize how much of a Skryim approach I took back last Fall. And by Skyrim approach, I mean exploring the map and ignoring the main story. I just beat Dvalin and I just realize that it's Chapter 0. The NPCs are telling me that I need to set out on an adventure and leave Monstadt. But here I am having explored nearly all the original map....

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
After returning to this game after more than 7 months, I'm back to following the story and I didn't realize how much of a Skryim approach I took back last Fall. And by Skyrim approach, I mean exploring the map and ignoring the main story. I just beat Dvalin and I just realize that it's Chapter 0. The NPCs are telling me that I need to set out on an adventure and leave Monstadt. But here I am having explored nearly all the original map....
There isn't much of a main story to begin with. There's just mountains of unrelated dialogue to skip through and then a fancy cutscene every once in a while. Some of the sidequests recently have been where the good stuff is.

That being said you still have a lot of stuff to explore and content to get through.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
There isn't much of a main story to begin with. There's just mountains of unrelated dialogue to skip through and then a fancy cutscene every once in a while. Some of the sidequests recently have been where the good stuff is.

That being said you still have a lot of stuff to explore and content to get through.

I played more of the main story today and characters spewing out lore dumps. I'm like "Uh huh, yeah 7 gods. Fatooty. Take token to mountain and show to...thing. Ok".

Jan 9, 2018
There are like another 2 big Islands around Inazuma, do you think they will be added in a few months so Inazuma will be completed along the year (aka the Dragonspine in Mondsant). There is like a blown out electro-volcano out there in the sea for everyone to see, but Paimon says "not today".

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Yep, I really REALLY hope they dont redeem
Baal and let her villainy go to waste. It just feels incredibly refreshing to have a villain Archon who legitimately can seem like a great villain. If they redeem her i'm going to be so pissed off. I want her to be one of the seven that continuously opposes Lumine even when Inazuma is over.

Saito Hikari

Jul 3, 2021
There are like another 2 big Islands around Inazuma, do you think they will be added in a few months so Inazuma will be completed along the year (aka the Dragonspine in Mondsant). There is like a blown out electro-volcano out there in the sea for everyone to see, but Paimon says "not today".
I think they've said that the remaining islands will be added in later patches, future regions will be handled in a similar way, and we can expect one side area like the Dragonspine Mountains in between new region releases too.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Baal and let her villainy go to waste. It just feels incredibly refreshing to have a villain Archon who legitimately can seem like a great villain. If they redeem her i'm going to be so pissed off. I want her to be one of the seven that continuously opposes Lumine even when Inazuma is over.
I just don't see that happening. You know they're gonna do some kinda ass pull to explain it/excuse it.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
I mean so far, they haven't really redeemed Zhongli or Venti either, to be honest. So far all the archons kinda seem like some degree of scumbag.

It would be interesting if Raiden Shogun agreed to enforce this as a means to help Arrogation lady. But I still really hope they make some connection to Celestia or bring at least some of the threads they planted way back at the beginning.

Still, it honestly kinda seems like they're going to pin this on Signora doing some shit.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I mean so far, they haven't really redeemed Zhongli or Venti either, to be honest. So far all the archons kinda seem like some degree of scumbag.

Zhongli did nothing wrong.
Also, what's scumbaggish about Venti? He's been a truly benevolent god...when also a bit absent and lazy.

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
there will be BIGGER threat or something cheesy like that.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Imagine the inazuma arc ending with a face turn baal while kazuha is still "fuck you! You killed me friend" and the newly turned baal goes "well, we got a surprise for you! Sara, bring him out here!"

And Sara brings out Kazuha's friend from behind a curtain while everyone is cheering like Kazuha just won a game show and Kazuha's friend goes "sorry for the grief we caused you"

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
Imagine the inazuma arc ending with a face turn baal while kazuha is still "fuck you! You killed me friend" and the newly turned baal goes "well, we got a surprise for you! Sara, bring him out here!"

And Sara brings out Kazuha's friend from behind a curtain while everyone is cheering like Kazuha just won a game show and Kazuha's friend goes "sorry for the grief we caused you"
And then Kujou puts an arrow in his head!? And Raiden straight murders the onlookers?

(That would cause people to lose their shit but I'd be all about Kujou or Raiden being stone-cold killers. So it won't happen, but it's my head canon at least.)

It'll inevitably be something far more banal and likely be a, "I only did it cuz I needed to protect my people from the Fatui!" or some equally non-committal resolution.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's going to happen. I mean, she's getting her own character story, and you'll be able to invite her to your teapot. I can't imagine her being like "Nice teapot you have here, I still wish you were dead" or something like that. Same is going to happen for every character we summon due to how the friendship stuff works. Can't wait till we can summon La Signora, and somehow be on friendly terms with her.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017

Lol
What I'm expecting:
m.youtube.com

when everyone forgives the bad guy even though he did horrible shit

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/prozdMy Let's Play channel, Press Buttons n Talk:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSHsNH4FZXFeSQMJ56AdrBAMy Merch/T-Shirt Sto...

Though if they do go through with it, it's a shame because Venti and Zhongli were constantly interacting with the traveler in the main quest and showing what charming, quirky fellows they are. Raiden is a pretty uh. Different approach?

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
It's going to happen. I mean, she's getting her own character story, and you'll be able to invite her to your teapot. I can't imagine her being like "Nice teapot you have hear. I still wish you were dead" or something like that. Same is going to happen for every character we summon due to how the friendship stuff works.
There is a certain yandere contingent that would follow Mihoyo to the depths of hell if Raiden was actually like that.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
There's really no doubt in my mind that they'll do something that lets Raiden off the hook. Problem is, given the general writing quality, I'm also worried it's going to be really lazy.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I definitely expect them to redeem or at least try (however succesful they may be with that) to redeem Raiden somehow. I mean, she will develop a "friendship" with the MC/player and will be staying in our teapot, lol. We will have to tag along in her character quests too.
I have the feeling the Fatui will fuck up her and/or Inazuma somehow, take her down a notch or two and punished Raiden will need our help and be truly sorry for what she's done, and what she's done she only did with good but misguided intentions.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018
I definitely expect them to redeem or at least try (however succesful they may be with that) to redeem Raiden somehow. I mean, she will develop a "friendship" with the MC/player and will be staying in our teapot, lol. We will have to tag along in her character quests too.
I have the feeling the Fatui will fuck her and/or Inazuma up somehow, take her down a notch or two and punished Raiden will need our help and be truly sorry for what she's done, and what she's done she only did with good but misguided intentions.
or maybe at some point stop being the archon, and that is what cause the change in personality or something, after all Venti is not ruling Mondsant because of "freedom" and Zhongli abdicated recently so they are not in charge anymore, so maybe something will happen in the future that will make Raiden stop being the archon too.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
or maybe at some point stop being the archon, and that is what cause the change in personality or something, after all Venti is not ruling Mondsant because of "freedom" and Zhongli abdicated recently so they are not in charge anymore, so maybe something will happen in the future that will make Raiden stop being the archon too.

Yeah, that's what I meant by the Fatui fucking something up.
Maybe she too will have her gnosis stolen or maybe, which will make her more redeemable, she will relinquish it freely to save Inazuma from impending doom.

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017

J-Shy

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Phew, played a lot of Genshin today, completed Act I, Ayaka, and Yoimiya's quests. Trying to advance the story as much as I can to have a good reason to explore the other two islands so I can complete the event, as I've barely been to them. Really not a fan of the event pressuring you to explore Inazuma as quick as possible.

As for my many thoughts on the story:
There's a lot I liked here conceptually. Inazuma being an unwelcoming place to foreigners that feels much less friendly than Mondstat and Liyue really gives it a different vibe. Needing connections with important people just to be able to explore the nation helped to illustrate the kind of place Inazuma is. Having the traveler/player come around to the plight of victims of the vision hunt decree and siding with Ayaka and Tohma is a nice sounding story.

But of course the problem is that all of these ideas were executed rather poorly to the point that I'd arge what the writers were going for just fell flat. The tedious objectives you're given at the start make things feel more annoying than intimidating, but what really killed this first part for me was how dumb the traveler and so many of the characters were and how conveniently everything works out. I also wasn't a fan of how Thoma instantly becomes an ally to the traveler, it would have been much more satisfying if we actually got a quest to earn his trust or work for it instead of it being handed to us on a silver platter. It makes the many times he bails us out feel more like a cop out than a satisfying conclusion.

Then the traveler, boy. I'm fine with the traveler not wanting to side with Ayaka initially, but the game never gives a reason for us to hold such a view, so it feels completely out of left field. The way Zhongli speaks of Inazuma you can't help but sympathize with its people and those who resist the decree. The moment you enter there are NPCs all around struggling under the decree. It's very easy to sympathize with Ayaka and Tohma, so why does it take so long for the traveler?

I think this could of worked if Inazuma had the image of being perfect and we were tricked into thinking all is actually well and the shogun decree is helping its people, only to slowly learn what's really going on. Or better yet, the 3 characters you have to help before meeting Ayaka, let those be optional quests we can discover on our own rather than being forced to do them, it would lead to us sympathizing with the former vision holders much better than having it forced on us.

It's disappointing how similar my feelings towards the Inazuma story so far mirror those of Liyue. I thought Liyue's story also had a lot of great concepts, but the execution dropped the ball on nearly all of them. I'm especially worried for where things are going now, because the ending of Liyue's story was incredibly disappointing for me, and I fear the same is going to happen here. Genshin's story continues to be the weakest part of its narrative for me. The world and characters are why I'm staying with it. Speaking of....
I enjoyed these story quests overall. I actually like that you're forced to do these before Act II, not only to give you time to better know the people and world of Inazuma before we start fighting for it, but also to change the pace of the story and slow things down. Ayaka's was solid overall, and I liked the twist about her mother's friend actually being her mother's double to cope with the pressure of her lineage and life. Made the ending quite satisfying and got me invested in Ayaka's character and curious to see where she goes.

That being said, I wasn't into the quest up to that point, there was a little too much pandering for my liking. The part that really took me out of the quest was when we learn Ayaka has had little to no friends and is lonely......even though earlier during Act I she refers to Tohma as a close friend of hers iirc. What about Tohma Ayaka!? It felt like they were making her needlessly sympathetic and didn't really work for me. At least the ending saved it.

I enjoyed Yoimiya's quest much more overall, and was surprised to find myself drawn to her character much more. I really liked the themes of childhood innocence, precious memories, and beauty in the moment that permeated her quest. I thought it tied everything together really well, had a satisfying climax and conclusion, and overall really endeared me to her character. I especially liked the point made that her view of beauty seems to contrast so much with that of the shogun, and that Yoimiya seems like the sort of person who doesn't belong in a place like Inazuma. Yet she is, and having characters like her in Inazuma makes it feel more realistic than if everyone simply agreed with the shogun.

I really like how you could also contrast Ayaka and Yoimiya's characters and quests with who they are. Where Ayaka has to be careful with the politics and pressures of her life, and sees the differences and barriers between herself and other people, Yoimiya isn't afraid to confront the politics of the time when necessary, and sees everyone as in this together, with a shared connection through her fireworks. I dunno, it's fun to think about, and I continue to enjoy the characters of this game overall. They're not the most interesting bunch, but I think they're interesting enough to make the world as a whole feel alive.

Killua96

Apr 21, 2021
I'm here again asking advice.
I have 2 Aquila Favonia, one is fully upgraded on Jean C1, the other is not.
The question is, it's better to refine the one on Jean or there is a character other than Jean who would take benefit from the Aquila? I've built Keqing Electro, so she's a no-go in that sense.
Thanks!

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
Vegeta is one of the most popular characters around.

I don't redeeming evil is that big of a stretch lol

Jan 9, 2018
It needs to be a fresh PSN. I did see a post on reddit a few days ago that someone had contacted Genshin customer support and they were able to delete the PSN account game data so it could be linked up to their PC account. So you may want to try contacting their support about it.
oh I need to contact Genshin customer support then. Let's see

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Yanfei is so much fun. An incredible amount over my Diluc to the point I'm gonna retire him forever.

It helps that I pulled her BIS weapon from the standard banner.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Vegeta is one of the most popular characters around.

I don't redeeming evil is that big of a stretch lol

Darth Vader ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There's also that psychological jujitsu about being more prone to look favorably on someone evil, after they do something good, compared to someone good who did something bad only once. Don't remember where I read this, but this has always stood out in my mind while consuming various media.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I'm here again asking advice.
I have 2 Aquila Favonia, one is fully upgraded on Jean C1, the other is not.
The question is, it's better to refine the one on Jean or there is a character other than Jean who would take benefit from the Aquila? I've built Keqing Electro, so she's a no-go in that sense.
Thanks!
Unless you're a whale I don't see why you'd want to refine a 5 Star Weapon. Aquila Favonia is a good weapon for a good amount of people. I wouldn't refine it.

Maedhros

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Makes no sense as archons never leaves their domains. I don't see how she would oppose the MC from afar, it's not like she is Tsarita and have Fatuis working for her.

j3d1j4m13

Feb 24, 2019
Kind of a weird question but I'm just now getting back into Genshin after quite the break. I'm Adventure Rank 33 and kinda just doing commissions, story quests, and the occasional dungeon type mission to get level up materials. I have Fischl, MC, Xianling, and Noelle as my main team right now. What should my daily process be to maximize my play time (about an hour or two a day)? I try to not spend any money outside of the blessing for gems. Thanks for any advice!

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of a weird question but I'm just now getting back into Genshin after quite the break. I'm Adventure Rank 33 and kinda just doing commissions, story quests, and the occasional dungeon type mission to get level up materials. I have Fischl, MC, Xianling, and Noelle as my main team right now. What should my daily process be to maximize my play time (about an hour or two a day)? I try to not spend any money outside of the blessing for gems. Thanks for any advice!
Dailies, expeditions, weekly bosses, and all quests. If you feel like you're having issues doing damage, level up your main DPS. That's about it until you reach AR45 and then you can start farming artifacts domains.

Once you have 8 strong party members you can start doing abyss.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Outside of doing story content and events that are currently ongoing it's basically all about spending your resin either on bosses for character and weapon upgrade material, artifact and character book domains or leylines for more mora or character experience. When you don't feel like spending your resin turn it into condensed resin at the alchemy table to save it and spend it later.

Maedhros

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

Bullshit. There's lots and lots of story in this game. Just because some don't enjoy or choose to not engage with it, doesn't mean it's not good at all.

tinthoh

Jan 13, 2018
Yesterday I nearly pulled on the weapon banner because of some posts but reminded myself the banner is scam and the right weapon isn't guaranteed.

Just a thought, but it would be a nice if you could choose the first 5* weapon of the featured two and you get it 100%. After that it would be the system as it is now.
So even f2p or light spenders could pull a desired weapon once in a while and whales would still need to whale to refine it to R5.

j3d1j4m13

Feb 24, 2019
Dailies, expeditions, weekly bosses, and all quests. If you feel like you're having issues doing damage, level up your main DPS. That's about it until you reach AR45 and then you can start farming artifacts domains.

Once you have 8 strong party members you can start doing abyss.

Outside of doing story content and events that are currently ongoing it's basically all about spending your resin either on bosses for character and weapon upgrade material, artifact and character book domains or leylines for more mora or character experience. When you don't feel like spending your resin turn it into condensed resin at the alchemy table to save it and spend it later.
Thank you both! That helps a ton. Especially the bit about condensed resin. Didn't even know that was a thing!

Scrooge McDuck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There's really no doubt in my mind that they'll do something that lets Raiden off the hook. Problem is, given the general writing quality, I'm also worried it's going to be really lazy.
They don't even need any excuse to let characters off the hook. They can just make every other characters ultimately not really minding the scumbaggery, as always. Here you have a person who attempted to destroy an entire city and its inhabitants, and here you are playing babysitter for his brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.