• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Just a couple more queries to fully understand the recommendations around banners+pulls if possible 🙏

I just hit AR10 and had the '10M Global Pre-Registrations Milestone Reward' mail it the inbox, which gave 10 Acquaint Fates. Are these what I should now use for my first 10-pull from the beginner banner? Just checking as I know they can be used for the Standard Wish banner but obviously the Beginner one is cheaper with better rates. Then once I've used the 20 pulls (for the price of 16) on the Beginner Banner all Acquaint Fates I accrue get dumped into the Standard Wish one?

Also, I've now used my 5 monthly conversions for Stardust into Intertwined Fates. Do people go onto do the 5 Acquaint Fates using Stardust or just save it for next month? I'm not using any Starglitter as I want to save it up to have enough to buy a character outright with it, since there's a load I'm missing being new.

Sorry for the dump, just getting my head around it all and want a final confirmation that that's all correct before I go on. Final piece of the puzzle if you will, having got acquainted (heh) to the Character Event Wish one, primogens, crystals and that side of things.
Yes use them on the Beginner Banner, and once that is gone you use Acquaint Fates on the Standard Banner.

Once you start wishing more, you generally accrue enough Stardust to buy both the Intertwined Fates and Acquaint Fates from the monthly shop, but in case you don't have enough then Intertwined Fates are definitely the priority.

Some may tell you differently, but personally I don't even use Starglitter to buy characters. I'm playing for the long haul so the understanding is that you WILL get all 4-Star characters and their Constellations at some point. The only time I'd say to use it to get a specific character is if it unlocks a particularly standout ish Constellation:

1. Ningguang's C2 or C6
2. Xingqui's C6
3. Xiangling's C4
4. Fischl's C6
5. Etc etc, lol.

Those are just some examples of Constellations that I consider a significant power boost to those characters, but seriously, they'll be reruns of so many 4 Stars you will get them all eventually. I can't tell you how many people here have what would virtually be a C20 Barbara or C15 Noelle at this point lol.

The only characters that rule doesn't apply to are the beginner characters (Amber, Kaeya, and Lisa) because they are not placed on Event Banners for some reason, but most people generally don't play those characters anyway once they've found other, better characters. The only one I'd say is a standout is Kaeya who is absolutely worth building IMO. He's a great Cryo support.

Personally I use my Starglitter for Intertwined Fates myself, or to buy a Blackcliff weapon here and there, which all those weapons are great for their Crit Damage substat.

That's just me though. 😅

Last edited:

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
So many game terms used here and most the time I have no idea what the hell anyone is talking about, lol... The joys of playing an gacha RPG.

I understand they they need all these different type of currencies due to the nature of the system, but these games always go way too overboard with it.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Yes use them on the Beginner Banner, and once that is gone you use Acquaint Fates on the Standard Banner.

Once you start wishing more, you generally accrue enough Stardust to buy both the Intertwined Fates and Acquaint Fates from the monthly shop, but in case you don't have enough then Intertwined Fates are definitely the priority.

Some may tell you differently, but personally I don't even use Starglitter to buy characters. I'm playing for the long haul so the understanding is that you WILL get all 4-Star characters and their Constellations at some point. The only time I'd say to use it to get a specific character is if it unlocks a particularly standout ish Constellation:

1. Ningguang's C2 or C6
2. Xingqui's C6
3. Xiangling's C4
4. Fischl's C6
5. Etc etc, lol.

Those are just some examples of Constellations that I consider a significant power boost to those characters, but seriously, they'll be reruns of so many 4 Stars you will get them all eventually. I can't tell you how many people here have what would virtually be a C20 Barbara or C15 Noelle at this point lol.

Personally I use my Starglitter for Intertwined Fates myself, or to buy a Blackcliff weapon here and there, which all those weapons are great for their Crit Damage substat.

That's just me though. 😅
This is really useful, thank you for both the confirmation and then going into what you prioritise Starglitter wise. It's all useful knowledge to have in my mind to work with as I get to grips with everything, so it's much appreciated. I can definitely see how glitter would become common enough to where you soak up the 5 of each you can get each month and still have plenty of excess.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
This is really useful, thank you for both the confirmation and then going into what you prioritise Starglitter wise. It's all useful knowledge to have in my mind to work with as I get to grips with everything, so it's much appreciated. I can definitely see how glitter would become common enough to where you soak up the 5 of each you can get each month and still have plenty of excess.

The one thing I'd point out is that if you play casually like me, and also are picky about wanting specific characters - you may eventually run out of the star- materials if you're going a long time between pulls. If you can see yourself going for whoever's up on banners (which makes particular sense when you're starting), you can spend them more freely. For me, due to how the pity works in this game I know I'm only ~30 pulls from getting the banner character - and that's meant I'm not going to pull on the character banner until the featured 5* is someone I know I want to spend that guarantee on. Which has been the case for, like, 6 months now. I barely did not have enough pulls to get the character I wanted and I don't want to be in that position again.

Thanks to that I eventually ran out of the star- items (until I did a little bit of pulling on the weapon banner this week) and do kinda regret spending some on Acquaint fates. Characters it's a lot easier to justify burning them on imo; I will probably spend all the Starglitter I have right now on a Fischl constellation, because that seems more useful long-term (though of course... depending on your luck, it may end up being a waste).

Jtrov

Oct 25, 2017
Returned to the game now that I am able to link my PSN account to mobile, so I spent most of the weekend grinding. I am Adventure Rank 21 and I was able to pull Ayaka, which I am stoked about, but can I really not Ascend her until I hit Rank 30 and reach Inazuma? It seems like the materials are all found in the new location.

I want to use her in my rotation (mainly since she is one of my few 5* char), but I feel like I am handicapping myself until I hit Rank 30. Any alternative way to get them to ascend her early?

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Playstation will automatically create an account associated with your PSN email, so make sure you don't have the same email already registered with Mihoyo.
Also the device that you first log-in with will be the device you have to use if you want to buy things.
Incorrect… you have to create a new account in game on your ps4/5 and can use whatever email you want, it just can't have a genshin account yet.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Returned to the game now that I am able to link my PSN account to mobile, so I spent most of the weekend grinding. I am Adventure Rank 21 and I was able to pull Ayaka, which I am stoked about, but can I really not Ascend her until I hit Rank 30 and reach Inazuma? It seems like the materials are all found in the new location.

I want to use her in my rotation (mainly since she is one of my few 5* char), but I feel like I am handicapping myself until I hit Rank 30. Any alternative way to get them to ascend her early?
Yeah, it's bad design. Just a lack of forethought. It's something that I think will be figured out with new regions and characters, but for now you'll just have to suffer. I don't think there are any other ways to get her materials until you get to Inazoomer. Maybe you can steal some from a friend's world? Not sure how coop works in that regards when your AR is too low.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still playing catchup from last year, but I'm kind of enjoying it. Got to the peak of the icy mountain and did the cryo domain. It turns out I can clear the level 90 version of the domain myself, which saves me a lot of trouble.

I think I'm slowly learning that in this game, co-op might make things harder to clear instead of making it easier like with other games. When solo you can swap units as needed, but with co-op everyone brings their glass cannon DPS and gets wiped instantly about 75% of the time. It's much more reliable to just do the content yourself.

Also unlocked the teapot house.

Still no Ayaka.

Oct 27, 2017
...uh, yes, I know that. I'm really not sure how you read my post saying that it's like they didn't write half of the rules, which mentioned things that were only written in the rules, and somehow came away thinking I didn't read the rules to begin with?

It just turned out that there's absolutely nothing to the event compared to all their other web ones, and they just had to say the button for Ayaka only appears once you buy everything.
sorry i didn't read them never have needed too because i treat them all the same they are all one dimensional click click mini games...... if not for the gems they all would be pointless...i legit thought you didn't know and was tiring to help...
tenor.gif

Jtrov

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's bad design. Just a lack of forethought. It's something that I think will be figured out with new regions and characters, but for now you'll just have to suffer. I don't think there are any other ways to get her materials until you get to Inazoomer. Maybe you can steal some from a friend's world? Not sure how coop works in that regards when your AR is too low.
Figured as much. Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something. Appreciate the response. Lol damn now to really grind my ass off to 30.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
The one thing I'd point out is that if you play casually like me, and also are picky about wanting specific characters - you may eventually run out of the star- materials if you're going a long time between pulls. If you can see yourself going for whoever's up on banners (which makes particular sense when you're starting), you can spend them more freely. For me, due to how the pity works in this game I know I'm only ~30 pulls from getting the banner character - and that's meant I'm not going to pull on the character banner until the featured 5* is someone I know I want to spend that guarantee on. Which has been the case for, like, 6 months now. I barely did not have enough pulls to get the character I wanted and I don't want to be in that position again.

Thanks to that I eventually ran out of the star- items (until I did a little bit of pulling on the weapon banner this week) and do kinda regret spending some on Acquaint fates. Characters it's a lot easier to justify burning them on imo; I will probably spend all the Starglitter I have right now on a Fischl constellation, because that seems more useful long-term (though of course... depending on your luck, it may end up being a waste).
Gotcha, thanks for that deepFlaw. I can totally understand how if you're close to pity you would want to hold off for either the 50/50 or the guarantee on a banner with a character you're really interested in. There was just one thing I think I'm a bit confused on, which was this part:
The one thing I'd point out is that if you play casually like me, and also are picky about wanting specific characters - you may eventually run out of the star- materials if you're going a long time between pulls.
How would you run out of the star materials if you weren't pulling and using the fates? I'm probably missing the obvious but I get the part on not using Intertwined Fates if you're close to pity, but then if you're not using them or converting star materials for them how would they be drained? Just checking there isn't some 'use it or lose it' mechanic I'm unaware of.

Thanks for the help, and it's useful to see all the ways in which people interact with these systems and why. Gives a good sense on what might be the best option for me through the various stages of working my way through the game 😊

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
as of last night, i have 82 rainbow fates saved up so that will be 84 into my 50/50 pity. gotta keep hope alive for Baal coming home.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still playing catchup from last year, but I'm kind of enjoying it. Got to the peak of the icy mountain and did the cryo domain. It turns out I can clear the level 90 version of the domain myself, which saves me a lot of trouble.

I think I'm slowly learning that in this game, co-op might make things harder to clear instead of making it easier like with other games. When solo you can swap units as needed, but with co-op everyone brings their glass cannon DPS and gets wiped instantly about 75% of the time. It's much more reliable to just do the content yourself.

Also unlocked the teapot house.

Still no Ayaka.
Yeah, Azhdaha is especially horrible in co-op. My friends and I like to kill weekly bosses together on the weekend, and that fight is always a struggle because it's fully designed for having a shield up — which is impossible with 3 to 4 players, unless everyone is playing with a shield-user.

I wish they'd just make shield characters apply the shield on the other members when you're in co-op. We still do it together because it's ultimately faster, but the new weekly boss can't come soon enough. We'll likely leave Azhdaha for single player clears by then.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
How would you run out of the star materials if you weren't pulling and using the fates? I'm probably missing the obvious but I get the part on not using Intertwined Fates if you're close to pity, but then if you're not using them or converting star materials for them how would they be drained? Just checking there isn't some 'use it or lose it' mechanic I'm unaware of.

Oh, I ran out because I was still buying the intertwined fates when possible - there's only so many per month, so it'd be a waste not to stock up. Just not using them after.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So what do Prime Gamers get really?

Pretty good stuff, looks like a bundle each month. Primos, resin, mora, etc.

So I did the Abyss today after getting Ayaka to at least 80. Her and Yanfei are a ridiculous combo that basically melted everything, good lord. Only missed one star on Floor 12.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Oh, I ran out because I was still buying the intertwined fates when possible - there's only so many per month, so it'd be a waste not to stock up.
Ahh awesome. So it's not an issue if you're just buying the 5 and stockpiling them knowing you're aiming for a pity pull on an upcoming banner. Just to be mindful that if you're burning both dust and the fates from them that it might leave you dry for a future pull you want? If so, I get it. Good shout 👍 thank you!
Oh awesome! I was redeeming some stuff the other and wondered if Genshin had a tie-in now I was starting to play it. Great news, thanks for the heads up!

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
man inazuma sucks as a place to live in lmao

I feel bad for the wandering ronin that literally can't make a living so they turn to banditry

like with the treasure hoarders in liyue and mondstadt I could go "these guys just love treasure" since both places are decent places to live in but inazuma sucks. stealing visions is not even the worst thing that baal is doing imo, it's making inazuma a shitty place to live

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017

I feel bad for the wandering ronin that literally can't make a living so they turn to banditry

like with the treasure hoarders in liyue and mondstadt I could go "these guys just love treasure" since both places are decent places to live in but inazuma sucks. stealing visions is not even the worst thing that baal is doing imo, it's making inazuma a shitty place to live
Some of the shit the shogunate is doing if you read the documents is just straight up war crimes

Icedragon08

Oct 30, 2017
Has anyone stopped doing certain weekly bosses? I have so many talent materials from Stormterror and no one that I want to use them on (because levelling heroes also requires resin, fantastic game design) that I'm wondering why I still do this boss. Just feels like a waste of resin at this point.
Besides dream solvents and billets, Stormterror and Childe take less than 30 seconds to kill and I need the Dragon mats for Yoimiya so I might as well do the wolf too. The resin cost is cheap enough for me to not really care about it.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Bruh how could they?!

They want me to use her mask to get the blueprint for the new Catalyst?! Screwwwww that. I'm never going to do it if that's the case.

I loved the quest (bit too long maybe), Kazari was cool too buuut... if you stand between me and completing recipes, well...

FittingHomelyFurseal-size_restricted.gif

only ship that matters/s

I loved watching them fall and drown after using Kazuha's E. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Witch of Miracles

One Winged Slayer
Jun 13, 2019
United Kingdom
Despite having Genshin on my mind for almost the entire day I only follow like one genshin-tuber (Jeikage) weirdly enough.

Anywho, anyone know what artifact set will work on Sara? I cant think of any atm.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
Weird, can't find my other post in here, because I also just finished the Kazari quest line and it really was good. One of the best quest lines in the game, that includes main story, character stories and event stories. Mihoyo can do it if they want to, lol.

you posted it in the Aloy thread lol

The Kazari quest was indeed a very good one. One of the best quest lines the game had so far. Main story, character stories and events included.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Ronin waiting to get demolished by you:

E7J86vSWEAI8UYw

By https://twitter.com/somekoi_

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017

Honestly the treasure hoarder stuff gets funny if you think about what the world is like for a bit.

Like yeah, I guess there would be people running around obsessed with treasure like that when there's just all these unopened treasure chests sitting around like 20 feet apart.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly the treasure hoarder stuff gets funny if you think about what the world is like for a bit.

Like yeah, I guess there would be people running around obsessed with treasure like that when there's just all these unopened treasure chests sitting around like 20 feet apart.

I mean, we're the biggest treasure hoarder of them all.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
How do people stockpile so many fates to use...do people buy any of the crystal bundles, they seem really not worth it.

I've bought Welkin a few times in the past and used that but even that doesn't net you a ton of primos

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Like, I can excuse childe for what he did to liyue easier than I can do for Baal for making her entire country shitty

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This Atsuko quest tho...
"Here's a letter from your daughter. She's sorry she can't come back home and wanted y'all to know she misses you!"

Parents: "Why, whatever do you mean? Atsuko's right here."

tenor.gif

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
It is a good value, you can ignore the 60-resin one. You get:
• 20 resin worth of artifacts
• 150% of asc materials compared to 40-resin boss
• 2-3 talent mats
• Chance for prototypes and solver for transmutation
• Boosting BP if you care about unlockin it earlier

Unless you really need to dedicate resin somewhere, it is better value than anyting else. I will always find use for fodder and I like my heroes getting to 89, which means a lot of asc materials need to be burned for those 6 gems.
I like this. Seeing it quantified puts things into perspective for me.
Anywho, anyone know what artifact set will work on Sara? I cant think of any atm.
Shiki and I talked about this the other day. It depends how her kit works, and we need to see more of it first. But rn I'm thinking 4 piece Noblesse seeing as (it seems) she fills a similar role as young Benny. I think the play for her is to simply rotate in, use her ult, rotate out to main carry. Noblesse feels like the best fit for someone like that.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How do people stockpile so many fates to use...do people buy any of the crystal bundles, they seem really not worth it.

I've bought Welkin a few times in the past and used that but even that doesn't net you a ton of primos
i just dont use the fates that we get in game, and i set up a "Do it for her" shrine in my mind

i did spend money on Zhongli though. that was saved primos, welkin, battlepass, and gem purchases to get me there

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
This Atsuko quest tho...
"Here's a letter from your daughter. She's sorry she can't come back home and wanted y'all to know she misses you!"

Parents: "Why, whatever do you mean? Atsuko's right here."

tenor.gif

I didn't like how this quest was left hanging. I hope it will continue somewhere down the line.

WhisperOfMalice

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Quick tip: Don't forget to equip the Seed Dispensary when exploring. You get the respective seeds for every plant flora that you pickup

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
6Suk0pl.gif

Excited for the Shogun/Sara combo parodies of this

Status
Not open for further replies.