• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
This game needs real fishing.
tenor.gif

like legit ie RDR2/FF15 fishing but more fun... with 50+ fish <3___<3 leader-boards for heaviest catch... <3____<3 Boat fishing ie FF15/Zelda <3_______<3

mihoyo...
tenor.gif

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
Any bets on how Raiden is going to be redeemed? Possession/mind control? And how is Signora going to get her gnosis this time? Elbow to the face perhaps?

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
I want to actually do something with the Kamera gadget whatever and snap pics of bugs and wildlife to fill a compendium

one of my fav parts of BotW and would give a reason to go back to the areas I 100%'d

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the same boat. I have over 30 hours of playtime in Inazuma so far and I'm only at 68% exploration on Narukami Island. Haven't even set foot in the other islands yet.

Don't really mind being a week behind the inazuma rep or whatever. I care much more about my first time experience through Inazuma than getting a little extra rep that won't matter in the long run anyways.
right, one week behind but that ok. I have a month to save up for Baal and stock mats and all that.

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
YOxQmExm.png

My box, currently. And I just got rosaria from a standard wish last night, so I finally have all the 4 star characters.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So i was sitting here just leveling up my diona because i need a healer that isnt barbara but i also need cryo because i want superconduct for my phys team. So i get some of the wish things back for standard banner and im like alright, i might as well use these.

i go to the standard banner and start using the wishes and i get a couple of weapons like normal and then i see a five star

After leveling up my cryo healer diona, wasting all that mora and those books, i have a level one Qiqi. I think im gonna cry

At least Diona is probably a much better character than Qiqi? I don't think it's that much of a waste unless you really like Qiqi, in which case yeah, that does blow

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the same boat. I have over 30 hours of playtime in Inazuma so far and I'm only at 68% exploration on Narukami Island. Haven't even set foot in the other islands yet.

Don't really mind being a week behind the inazuma rep or whatever. I care much more about my first time experience through Inazuma than getting a little extra rep that won't matter in the long run anyways.
Yeah, also not going to unlock the bounties and stuff this week and it really doesn't matter. Barely set foot on the middle island and haven't done everything on the first one yet.
I'm gonna take my time with Inazuma.

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
Maaaaan...

I just did the Orobashi's Legacy quest.

It's super cool to see Yashiori/Serpent Island "clear" but part of me loved the constant rain and lightning strikes. Gave it a real sense of flavor and like... "Yeah, this place is beyond hecked because Raiden cut this whole dang island in half".

Still super pretty though!

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
I've finally started exploring a bit, and I'm guessing this has been said probably 100 times already, but goddamn, Inazuma is one of the prettiest places I've seen in games, and the music is just amazing.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
i still don't know where to get the boss area of ayaka materials.
underwater?
If you complete Kazari's quest line, you find a way to unlock the area, but there's also an alternative way through a portal. I don't remember exactly where it is though. Once I got there I just put down a temporary teleportation point so that I don't have to go through all that again.

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
My core team:

• Keqing (C2; lv90; maxed out talents; Lion's fang + electro build). My main. Bit of a poor choice for Inazuma given how much stuff resists lightning, but she's my only high-constellation 5* and I've already put in all the talent materials, etc. Could probably do better on her artifacts.
  • Fischl (C6; lv90; mostly maxed out talents; rank 3 Rust for a weapon). Former main, replaced by Keqing but now they can play off each other a fair bit.
  • Barbara (C6; lv80). She provides heals and sets up some elemental reactions for the electro crew. The revival ability is clutch in more involved fights.
  • Xiangling (C5; lv90). My best Pyro for setting up reactions with the two Electro folks.
Others that I swap in with some regularity include Eula (C0 lv80), who I am building up since Cryo is one of the better anti-Electro elements, Diona (C5 lv80) who I built up a bit for Cryo and healing, Noelle (C6 lv80) who is another healer alternate and can tank stuff when I need shields.

Two characters that I've built up but haven't really figured out how to work into my playstyle are Xingqiu (C6 lv90, with a rank 2 Sacrificial Sword) and Venti (C0 lv90, with a Compound Bow since it's maxed out at rank 5). Xingqiu should theoretically be helpful with Keqing or Fischl for reactions (or Eula when I have her subbed in) and I really should play around more with him. I built him up after hitting C6 and realizing I also had the Sacrificial Sword that's supposed to be part of his best build.

...As of this update I now find myself with a C1 Diluc, I got him on the regular banner and then the Ayaka banner in quick succession. Not sure if I should invest the effort to build him up.

AkiraAkira

Dec 28, 2017
Since rosters are winding down, let's do abyss teams! Honestly just like posting these because it gives me an excuse to use the pretty portraits Tyaren put in the first post of the OT.

Team 1:
luxyx1o1cxwamwdzg.jpg
8z3hbhlkit3cuqhzg.jpg

eqwwdbknhwxwrwrzg.jpg
hhxgh8scoi88ldczg.jpg

Team 2:
tvvdger66lr98z4zg.jpg
mred0p8lqpkpzj1zg.jpg

ml8wuzuuf97zuh4zg.jpg
lttniwef7gj8jr3zg.jpg

First team is the one I use for every abyss: Klee x Klee's Mom x Venti x Flex. It wipes through every floor and with Rosaria it allowed me to make use of some melt reactions which was fun.

For the 2nd team, I really wanted to use a team that featured Ningguang and Beidou, so I finally built Zhongli after 3-4 months of him being under level 20 and, thanks to Ningguang being C6 and some godly artifacts, they made it through. The floor definitely worked against them though. Every enemy either made use of geo res or elemental shields. They put in good work on floors one and two, but they were definitely carried a little on chamber 3 thanks to team 1's fast clear time. Whittling down the abyss herald's shield took a long time despite the near constant electro and geo reactions. Was definitely missing some cryo.

Regardless, I'm just happy I was able to clear abyss full stars using Ningguang and her wife in the same team. Now all that I want to do is get full stars using best girl Amber as a main for one of the teams. I managed 7 stars last update, and I think I can pull it off with a bit more tinkering.

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Got Ayaka, spent 20 bucks tho. Now I kinda want her sword, but I think I'll pull jade cutter from my retired keqing and give to her

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
Is the blessing of the moon thing worth the buy? Do you like need to log in everyday to get the gems it generates daily?

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Playing from the 15th (when I got internet back) until today I earned 22 intertwined fates. Not too shabby. That was me doing daily quests and from the 21st on Inazuma story and exploration.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
It's funny, I'm having the time of my life with the exploration, puzzles, story and so on, but I'm noticing how the gacha aspects couldn't be more boring for me at the moment.

I'm seeing the talk about leaked kits and weapons, and I'm kind of meh. After you beat floor 12 + have tons of 4* and a few 5* it's just not enticing anymore. Yeah, I'll likely still want characters I find appealing, but on the gameplay side they really need to get more endgame content in the pipeline if they want to get me excited about pulling characters again.

On the other hand, this is the perfect scenario because my enjoyment is focused exactly on what the game does best. It's just that a lot of the conversation is focused on upcoming unreleased characters, and it's weird to not feel the hype (and the anxiety lol) on that front.

Biiru

Oct 29, 2017
Just saw the Electro Archon for the first time. Her intro did not disappoint. I wish we had more of these HQ cutscenes. You have the money to do that Mihoyo!

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny, I'm having the time of my life with the exploration, puzzles, story and so on, but I'm noticing how the gacha aspects couldn't be more boring for me at the moment.

I'm seeing the talk about leaked kits and weapons, and I'm kind of meh. After you beat floor 12 + have tons of 4* and a few 5* it's just not enticing anymore. Yeah, I'll likely still want characters I find appealing, but on the gameplay side they really need to get more endgame content in the pipeline if they want to get me excited about pulling characters again.

On the other hand, this is the perfect scenario because my enjoyment is focused exactly on what the game does best. It's just that a lot of the conversation is focused on upcoming unreleased characters, and it's weird to not feel the hype (and the anxiety lol) on that front.
I want them because Archon and pretty animations. But I don't really need them.
I'm aware that there is a very high likelyhood that I'm just going to continue playing the game as TPS adventure with Ganyu + Zhongli + 2 for puzzles/overworld reactions, because there's just nothing more convenient, lol.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
Could be though that the damage doesn't tick and is just one time, with only the healing ticking (only it has the "at intervals" in the skill description). Who knows though, I want her either way ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah, this seems to be the new rumor. Which makes her a LOT less powerful. If it's every tick, she's on Ganyu's power level. If it's just once, she's an above average healer.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

You're not wrong. Once you have 2 or 3 Abyss clearing teams, pulling is usually for either units that optimize your already existing teams, or have interesting movesets that you want to build them regardless. At least that's pulling from a gameplay perspective. You still have those who just like collecting units or really like a character's design/VA or whatnot, which is perfectly fine as well.

Like I'm interesting in Baal considering her moveset, but I legit don't know where I'm going to fit her into my existing team comps. Probably in a Childe/Baal/Beidou/Jean comp, but even then, that's replacing the Childe/Xiangling/Bennett/Kazuha team I already have, which I feel will still be better due to Vape comps being busted.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
It seems Kokomi's skill scales with her ATK, not her HP. So yeah, she's just an above average healer. Primogems saved.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
pgoP1f2.jpg

I haven't rolled since... Zhongli's second banner I think? Where I tried to C1 him but I got 3 Yanfei in a row and got C1 Keqing'ed. Also probably why I don't have C20 Barbara like everyone else. Right now I'm saving for Ganyu's return, but I may get one between Baal and Kokomi, since I should have enough primos to guarantee like 3 pities by then (And my next 5 stars is banner guaranteed).

Overall all I'm satisfied with my line-up, I can 36 Stars the abyss comfortably now thanks to the broken Zhongli + Albedo combo. I'd like to C6 some of the 4 stars I tend to use more like Diona and Sucrose, but I'm in no rush. The lack of real endgame activities and the fact that most of the characters I use are decently built makes not rolling pretty easy.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Is the blessing of the moon thing worth the buy? Do you like need to log in everyday to get the gems it generates daily?
You will need to log daily to collect, but even if you miss a few days it is worth it.

for 5 bucks you get 3000 primogems, or 3.75 wishes per dollar.

compare this to buying crystals outright, where you are now paying dollars per wish

You get double your first time, so
6560 primo gems (crystal form) cost $50 or 0.82 wishes per dollar.
after that,
3,280 primo gems (crystal form) cost $50 or 0.41 wishes per dollar.

Shevat

Oct 27, 2017
Did they change up how the daily mystical crystal chunk ore spawns work? I haven't done the daily grind consistently in a while because I've had a lot of excess resources from battlepasses and no weapons needing upgrades, but thought I'd get a sizeable warchest going before the 2.1 raiden/sara/kokomi onslaught. But today all 3 blacksmiths had no information for me. So how does this work now?

Edit: So I logged out and back in and they have info now. I had the game in rest mode (PS5) without actually logging out, which I don't usually do. I wonder if that caused the issue.

Last edited:

hypersheep325

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Did they change up how the daily mystical crystal chunk ore spawns work? I haven't done the daily grind consistently in a while because I've had a lot of excess resources from battlepasses and no weapons needing upgrades, but thought I'd get a sizeable warchest going before the 2.1 raiden/sara/kokomi onslaught. But today all 3 blacksmiths had no information for me. So how does this work now?
Did you already mine out the ores before asking them about ore locations? If so, they won't tell you anything, as you've already mined out the locations.

Oct 27, 2017

That is the key phrase, because the content for story/exploration/puzzles is at its peak, where the gacha elements are at the bottom with Ayaka/Yoimiya being by-the-numbers characters, duplicates of existing gameplay.

But we are waiting. Waiting for new, unique, heroes who can enable something different. And waiting for the "better" endgame with more challenges and the actual need for more heroes/weapons.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even realize that Inazuma had bounties. Wasn't expecting it to be all the way at the Kamisato residence.

Shevat

Oct 27, 2017
Did you already mine out the ores before asking them about ore locations? If so, they won't tell you anything, as you've already mined out the locations.
No, checking with the blacksmiths was the very first thing I did today. At first I thought maybe they limit how many regions spawn ore each day now that Inazuma was added, but all 3 had nothing for me. Haven't hit a daily ore location since before Inazuma launched, minus a couple I ran into incidently exploring a couple days ago.

Edit: Might be a weird PS5 rest mode bug? Logging out and back in fixed it.

Last edited:

hypersheep325

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
No, checking with the blacksmiths was the very first thing I did today. At first I thought maybe they limit how many regions spawn ore each day now that Inazuma was added, but all 3 had nothing for me. Haven't hit a daily ore location since before Inazuma launched, minus a couple I ran into incidently exploring a couple days ago.
You could try checking the locations yourself to see if your game is glitched or the blacksmiths are glitched.

slabrock

Oct 25, 2017
I pulled 5 times on the weapon banner for the first time ever and I got the Mistsplitter. Never using that banner again lol.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Does the Archon quest have a weekly boss?
I beat Act I, but there're a bunch more to do.

LorentzFactor

Oct 25, 2017
mild spoilers about a boss
that vision hunt decree effect is pretty awesome. I'm glad they did something to mechanically highlight the MC like this. Now to just get the oculus and talent books I've avoided. Oh amd Ayala took all my hand guards …….

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Mostly done with Inazuma. All three islands 95%+ completion. Completed all side quests/activities besides the time-gated/daily quests. I probably missed a couple oculi but not gonna bother looking up a map until next 3 islands are out.

Kierric

Teyvat Traveler
May 3, 2020
Dreaming of that fine day when we'll see Ayato step out wearing this

E7KHykZXEAEcglk.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.