• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
FUCK IT FINALLY HAPPENED
I got Ayaka on pull 76 using my welkin gems I was saving in case of a Zhong costume, I raised her to 20 and got her standard fate
Used it on pull 77 standard and I GOT DILUC
I AM FINALLY A DILUC HAVER
I still don't have Mona! But she is the only standard left! I did not get Qiqi, Keqing, or Jean duped for once!
I don't have enough books and mora for them both but it's the thought that counts!

Congratulations on graduating from No Diluc Club!

f10779c0d23384d85967dm5jvx.png

(there's like 3 of us left or what, help)

dragn

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
is there a discord for rerolling and trading? :3

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm also still a member of the No Diluc Club, but I've decided that if I can just get Thoma I'm never looking back and will officially found the Never Diluc Club. Hopefully he'll be a good enough substitute.

meataem

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 29, 2019
The feel when Sara looks ten times cooler than the Shogun she serves under in your puny mortal eyes.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
I'm also still a member of the No Diluc Club, but I've decided that if I can just get Thoma I'm never looking back and will officially found the Never Diluc Club. Hopefully he'll be a good enough substitute.

I will see to it that this "Never Diluc" business flops into oblivion. Curb your slander!

Oct 26, 2017
Ah, I was just planning my teams and ran into the issue that I can't clone Xingqiu...
Those Kokomi leaks might have come at just the right time.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Was actually gonna think about passing on Yoimiya when I heard the leaks of Raiden but now I just played with her in the story and yeah I think I'll just drop money on Raiden while using the primos I have on Yoimiya.

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
I'm starting to enjoy Ayaka's dash--and what's more, it's helping me make better use of Mona. I used to try to dodge and scoot around like with the standard dash, but the water/ice dash actually makes them a lot more like Hu Tao--you can slip underneath enemies and pop up at their back, go through instead of around.

Realizing that the water/ice dash allows for a lot of sneaky and chaotic moves made it a lot more fun for me. I'm sure part of it is that the dash was improved, and that must have made a difference, but it's nice to finally vibe with it.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
ALL RIGHT SERIOUS QUESTION

is the ayaka banner over yet get rid of this lame boring chick who offers nothing interesting to the game and give me THE MASTER OF FIREWORKS

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
I think i'm leaning toward raiden venti mona team to start. Use eye, venti burst which procs eye and absorbs and shreds electro, mona auto attack through the rest of the venti burst to proc a ton of reactions, mona burst, raiden burst, repeat. Probably either jean or sayu healing, or you could replace mona with koko and go burst > auto attack instead of auto attack > burst, but i'm not gonna have the wishes for that.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
ALL RIGHT SERIOUS QUESTION

is the ayaka banner over yet get rid of this lame boring chick who offers nothing interesting to the game and give me THE MASTER OF FIREWORKS

looking at whose banner she's after and whose banner she's before the master of fireworks name is apt cause yoimiya's gonna bomb

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Man...
I really, really have been wanting to pull for Yoimiya, but if the Shogun banner is literally directly after... this is going to be tough. I have an Amos Bow maxed out ready for Yoimiya too.

Same. I was pretty deadset on rolling for her, but with what all is coming next patch I'm going to have to make some tough decisions I think.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
looking at whose banner she's after and whose banner she's before the master of fireworks name is apt cause yoimiya's gonna bomb
yeah she definitely is the bomb!

edit: okay wtf are these purple glowy spots i tried to google it and just led to the sakura tree stuff and i was like all right! and did that stuff and did the second one up to where it kinda, opens up and... ?????

edit the second: are you serious you just use electro on em I TRIED THAT BEFORE ):

edit san: i did a random ten pull on teh weapon banner as i sometimes do and i got the skyward blade, who's that good on?

edit quatro: kinda confused on the epitomized path thing... does the counter reset? or can i still get whatever i pick even after the next banner? i sure hope it doesn't reset, that'd be stupid... although it being stupid means it definitely does, huh

Last edited:

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
i also was a member of no Diluc clan
i even named my account "Dilucless"
then, i got Hu tao, i was really surprised
finally, got my pyro DPS, then diced to pul on standard banner, and i got Diluc.

my Diluc now in the pot, levling his friendship.
for time to time i use him to cut tress.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Wondering if I Should just progress the story since they're are areas and domains I can't get to.

I got Diluc on my 50/50 put decent crimson set on him..thought he'd hit harder. Want to get him his own set 5 domain runs netted zero usable items..

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
One small but big QoL update I would like to see...

Make Zhongli's normal attacks function like a claymore on rocks. Please? Pretty please?

I don't always have a claymore person out and it seems silly to have to wait 13 seconds or whatever for his hold E skill to cool down. He's the lord of geo! Why can't his spear function like a claymore when it comes to mining! D:

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
I logged in today to check out the new character. The 300 primos from maintenance were enough to buy me a 10 pull, and I got Chongyun and Yanfei.

Last edited:

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
One small but big QoL update I would like to see...

Make Zhongli's normal attacks function like a claymore on rocks. Please? Pretty please?

I don't always have a claymore person out and it seems silly to have to wait 13 seconds or whatever for his hold E skill to cool down. He's the lord of geo! Why can't his spear function like a claymore when it comes to mining! D:
but his hold E destroys all rocks as long as you are correctly positioned.

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
but his hold E destroys all rocks as long as you are correctly positioned.
I think I'm bad at it because whenever there's several rocks I always miss like one or two >:(

Amethyst is hardy like Cor Lapis or whatever so hitting it with a non-claymore takes years to harvest. I'm mainly just impatient and complaining to complain, haha.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god, this reputation stuff is such a pain with only half of the islands out... I'm having to grind out the few World Quests that won't take too long to get everything ready before the end of the week.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
yeah she definitely is the bomb!

edit: okay wtf are these purple glowy spots i tried to google it and just led to the sakura tree stuff and i was like all right! and did that stuff and did the second one up to where it kinda, opens up and... ?????

edit the second: are you serious you just use electro on em I TRIED THAT BEFORE ):

edit san: i did a random ten pull on teh weapon banner as i sometimes do and i got the skyward blade, who's that good on?

edit quatro: kinda confused on the epitomized path thing... does the counter reset? or can i still get whatever i pick even after the next banner? i sure hope it doesn't reset, that'd be stupid... although it being stupid means it definitely does, huh

kinda sucks that yoimiya is gonna bomb but I was set on pulling her until I learned her skill goes away when you switch characters. it makes sense for a burst but the skill already has a long cooldown time

IIRC the weapon banner does reset for each new banner cause it would be too generous for a gacha if it doesn't

Imm0ralKnight

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
kinda sucks that yoimiya is gonna bomb but I was set on pulling her until I learned her skill goes away when you switch characters. it makes sense for a burst but the skill already has a long cooldown time

Her being another selfish dps, and a pyro at that makes it an easy skip for me. Also not the biggest fan of bow users so yeah.

I can't waste my primos on her when I know Raiden Shogun is coming next patch.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, this has to be a bug. I just for the first time talked to a certain someone with cat ears. Before that and now during the dialogue scene there's lightning hitting near me literally every two seconds. It looks ridiculous and while talking to the cat ears person the camera is constantly shaking because lightning strikes near us every two seconds.

Last edited:

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
So this chapter started out REAAAAL slow. But it also got really cool. Finally some build up and plot progression. And actual characters!

Twig

Oct 25, 2017

IIRC the weapon banner does reset for each new banner cause it would be too generous for a gacha if it doesn't
yeah it's just... that means if yo'ure unlucky you HAVE to pull a five star THREE TIMES to get the weapon you want

and then if it resets to zero cause you couldn't get a third try for whatever reason, god that's dumb

BUT EXPECTED

this fortune slip lady at the narukami shrine is awesome, i want HER on my team

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Ayaka's burst needs tweaking. Its really messy aiming that thing at groups or non boss sized enemies.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
i think they improved the transport loading on PC this time, almost like the PS5, but still need imporvment

also, the cursor speed is better now using controller on PC.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
My stomach. It hurts. I laughed way too much at Paimon's reaction when she didn't get her own festival mask. Paimon truly is the best mascot.

Also, pretty nice cutscene at the end there. Can't believe my ears when they let Traveler hum a little.

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
Story spoiler stuff, Ayaka's personal quest & Act I

I was kind of intrigued when Ayaka had to talk to us through a screen initially. I know there's some historical precedent for that, and it made it kind of interesting when Ayaka decided to break all the rules and step out to greet us.

But then they completely destroy the setup when Ayaka just... wanders around town? And the owner of the restaurant recognizes her?

Which is it? Is Ayaka living this isolated, cloistered life where she has to think twice before showing someone her face to the Traveler & she can proudly announce that she interacts with her very best friend Thoma face to face or is she free to stroll around town and make friends with local shopkeepers?

The whole subplot about her mom COULD have really heightened this conflict--showing that the limitations are so unbearable that life is only tolerable with a secret identity that bypasses those rules--except that the process of getting there, and revealing her mom's situation, heavily undermined the need for it. All of a sudden she's not stuck inside behind a screen, she's just SHY.

They kinda try to explain the contradictions at the festival, when they say that the family used to go out more and so people remember her as a child... and I know that in some cultures young girls have some freedoms, until they grow up a little and all of a sudden they get all restrictions imposed on women... but of course the story didn't touch on that at all.

This is just. With this anime stuff I always need to take my qualms/beliefs and set them aside and engage with the thing I'm given and not the thing I want it to be. I really love Genshin. But bringing up this truly life-defining, in-retrospect-kind-of-horrifying set of restrictions & then brushing them aside and making them a cute & apparently VOLUNTARY little character quirk... that pissed me off.

OK sorry rant over.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Raiden looks cool. Will be pulling for her and maybe, if I have any left on the scam banner. Possibly. If I lose my senses.
Sara looks cool too but dunno. Likely won't be on Raiden's banner though.

Yoimiya looks cool too but I need to save everything for the Archon. And knowing my luck the next Venti re-run I'll miss out on him again, not that I need him now, Kazuha does me good with the swirl and gathering and he's fun to play but I still want all the gods for collection purposes. And the harbingers. I think that'll just be my goal from now. I've got enough good units and potential team comps so unless there is a super cool or OP character I'll just save to try and get archons and harbingers.

Oct 27, 2017
I've been very lucky (by my standards) recently with my banner pulls and was able to get both Kazuha and Ayaka with my soft pities. That's the only times I've won the 50/50 while playing Genshin.

About the upcoming characters:
I'm going to need to sit and think over who I want to pull for in 2.1. Baal is a lock and I should have enough primos to guarantee getting her. I was confident I'd be skipping Kokomi, but now after seeing her skills and animations I'm wavering. A lot depends on whether or not I win the soft pity with Baal or need to spend until I hit the guaranteed pity. I'll also want to see if Yae is projected to come in 2.2 and if so, how well she pairs with Baal. Decisions, decisions.

Truno

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 16, 2020
Just caught up with FFXIV and now I'm looking to catch up with ya'll in Genshin after a brief break. Logged in today for the first time in a bit and I'm looking forward to the new content, but I gotta say, did they slow down the text speed? Every conversation feels really slow and I can't find a setting to remedy it

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Day 2 of this event is... really bad, feels like such mindless padding and I was hoping we'd not see this so soon. Like its not offensive or anything but its just really fucking boring. Do the same tedious task 10 times across the map.

Day 1 was actually cool thunder-relay challenges but now its just "here's some mobs to kill in seconds over and over".

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017

I was kind of intrigued when Ayaka had to talk to us through a screen initially. I know there's some historical precedent for that, and it made it kind of interesting when Ayaka decided to break all the rules and step out to greet us.

But then they completely destroy the setup when Ayaka just... wanders around town? And the owner of the restaurant recognizes her?

Which is it? Is Ayaka living this isolated, cloistered life where she has to think twice before showing someone her face to the Traveler & she can proudly announce that she interacts with her very best friend Thoma face to face or is she free to stroll around town and make friends with local shopkeepers?

The whole subplot about her mom COULD have really heightened this conflict--showing that the limitations are so unbearable that life is only tolerable with a secret identity that bypasses those rules--except that the process of getting there, and revealing her mom's situation, heavily undermined the need for it. All of a sudden she's not stuck inside behind a screen, she's just SHY.

They kinda try to explain the contradictions at the festival, when they say that the family used to go out more and so people remember her as a child... and I know that in some cultures young girls have some freedoms, until they grow up a little and all of a sudden they get all restrictions imposed on women... but of course the story didn't touch on that at all.

This is just. With this anime stuff I always need to take my qualms/beliefs and set them aside and engage with the thing I'm given and not the thing I want it to be. I really love Genshin. But bringing up this truly life-defining, in-retrospect-kind-of-horrifying set of restrictions & then brushing them aside and making them a cute & apparently VOLUNTARY little character quirk... that pissed me off.

OK sorry rant over.
The date aspect annoyed me too because it felt dissonant.

The traveler goes from having to be convinced to join the resistance to Ayaka acting like they're one of their only friends and going on a date with them and laying it on thick that the traveler is so special and the festival wouldn't be as fun without them etc etc. Like, the progression from plot Ayaka who had just emerged from behind the curtain to "she doesn't have many friends but you're special" character quest Ayaka weirded me out. More so than other instant friend progression since Inazuma has been pushing the Traveler is their own person with their own goals and that makes them a bit more curt and selfish angle.

The dance was very pretty though.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
I can't talk to this dude behind the rock on the beach for the quest. (I'ma say anyone who did the quest knows what I mean.)

it's the travel log one

Anyone else have problems here? Literally can't proceed in the quest, it seems.

EDIT: I half the time I ask a question here, the problem immediately resolves itself. Nevermind, just had to stand at the exact right point in the first yellow circle, apparently.

WhisperOfMalice

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
8lpYaIa.png

Pretty much wrapped up this patch for now. Still missing 7 electroculus but i don't think it's going to be worth it until i can craft the compass.

It's nice to know there's still a ton of content coming. I have 100% on the 3 islands, but that only amounts to 55% in terms of Inazuma exploration:
izziOra.png

Overall thought it was really good. The side questlines felt better than usual, and the region gave me an excuse to bring back Keqing who's been on the bench for a while.

Throwback to sad Keqing.

Since you 100% everything available so far in Inazuma, how much primos did you get roughly?

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Gotta say now I've got through all the story quests:
Really really great stuff
The boat in a storm skip and the start in stupid Ritou had me prepared for some garbage but it's fuckin good
I was mad at being robbed of good Beidou content but they made that up to me
Kinda worried about it resolving way too fast though with Raiden coming next patch

Twig

Oct 25, 2017

OK sorry rant over.
I think it's more of a business (behind screen) meeting vs personal (no screen) meeting? So, when she's speaking in an official capacity, as the whatever her title is I forget, she acts according to proper noble(??) behavior. Kinda like how if your teacher was your dad or something, you might call him Mr. Last Name, instead of dad, while in class.... Or I guess in all those medieval fantasy shows where the king is like "please, call me Jared when we're alone!"

I don't find that all too strange an idea. I dunno though I ain't an expert.

Status
Not open for further replies.