• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
the new Axe Mitachurls fuck me up with the timing to do the Beidou counter with that "dance" move of them....

Meanwhile all the other enemies feel like great fun like the new samurais, those are always a nice break of pace with the fireworks or their charged attacks and the fact that some of them actually block your attacks.

also did the new boss, the Mechanical Array.... shit is HARD and it has waaaaay too much HP wtf!?
Honestly, it's been feeling like everything in Inazuma, save old enemies like Churls and THs, has more HP or just generally more tanky. The mechanic box boss is nice, though, it's a legit fun fight so far. It's kind of nice, in a lot of ways, to not be able to just pummel it with Eula.

WhisperOfMalice

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I said this earlier, but if Baal does end up being more a DPS than support, it leads further credence to her not being the "true" Archon. Yae is datamined to be a catalyst, so maybe she'll be the electro support we all expected.

I still want Baal though, for that VA (Sawashiro Miyuki) and character design.
I think Baal is the archon but there is definitely something going on with her. Yae is sus though.
Also isn't she kind of advertised as being the Archon? So it's going to be weird her being the first banner, people wish on her because Archon only to find out later in the story that they play that she isn't? That might not be good 😅

It's July, weren't we supposed to be getting those KFC chicken wings by now?

Yes I want them for Kazuha, they fit him perfectly!

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I'm such a sap I loved Ayaka's quest
It was the opposite of Eula's quest that made me want to vomit blood

E7Am40kWYAIbELb

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
2 seem like a very small sample size to come to the conclusion that all archon will be supports.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If they advertise Raiden as the Archon, but then pull the rug out from underneath fans who pull her and reveal it's someone else, I can see some MAJOR backlash. Hence why I don't see it happening.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
They can pull something like that other character is a "Previous Archon" or something and that it gave her position to Raiden.

Like, Zhongli specifically said that the Raiden Shogun was the Electro Archon and God of Eternity

jm6LiDE.png

WhisperOfMalice

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
If they advertise Raiden as the Archon, but then pull the rug out from underneath fans who pull her and reveal it's someone else, I can see some MAJOR backlash. Hence why I don't see it happening.
They even describe her as the Electro Archon in the 2.0 livestream. Yae could be the old archon perhaps?
Yae seems to be or has been close with Raiden when she speaks about the close friend. She even seems to know what's going on with her. Exciting times nonetheless

kpup

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
8lpYaIa.png

Pretty much wrapped up this patch for now. Still missing 7 electroculus but i don't think it's going to be worth it until i can craft the compass.

It's nice to know there's still a ton of content coming. I have 100% on the 3 islands, but that only amounts to 55% in terms of Inazuma exploration:
izziOra.png

Overall thought it was really good. The side questlines felt better than usual, and the region gave me an excuse to bring back Keqing who's been on the bench for a while.

Throwback to sad Keqing.

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
Mechanical Array.... shit is HARD and it has waaaaay too much HP wtf!?

It completely baffled me at first, too. But then after a few tries I realized it's actually pretty straightforward. Attack the boss, dodge the telegraphed attacks, and then when you get the HP down to around half he summons a few minions. Twist: Only one of the minions has an HP bar. Focus down the minion with the HP bar and then finish off the boss.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I think Baal is the archon but there is definitely something going on with her. Yae is sus though.
Also isn't she kind of advertised as being the Archon? So it's going to be weird her being the first banner, people wish on her because Archon only to find out later in the story that they play that she isn't? That might not be good 😅

I can see them making it so that both are technically "Archon", by doing some power-shifting nonsense. Baal the new, and Yae the old (maybe lost her Archon powers to Baal due to some story reason). Regardless, I just have that feeling about Yae, and she definitely presents herself as an Archon type, in addition to Baal breaking the pattern of being a support-type character.

Only MHY know the truth. Early datamines are the only thing that can/will save our primogem stash.

If the Raiden > Ganyu > Kokomi banner order is true than Kokomi has been saved but Yoimiya die.
The current theory is:

Baal/Kokomi --> Kokomi/Baal --> Ganyu/Xiao/Hu Tao re-run, to coincide with China Day and the Anniversary.

Something about the potential to spark outrage for the game to showcase a Japanese character in a CN-developed game on a special holiday for China, which...honestly given past controversies I can absolutely see becoming a thing. Look at the whole Zhongli situation. MHY probably doesn't want to take that risk again, so that might make that day one to celebrate past Liyue characters.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
I am kind of bewildered that aiming is like it is considering the mobile audience. I tried it on phone a couple days ago and found it almost impossible to hit anything with touch screen controls.
Mobile audience is better than you at aiming on touch screen. And tbh, trying a few shooter games on mobile, and having played some genshin on it too, I find touch screen aiming to be way better than analog stick aiming. Sure, at the very beginning there's awkward learning curve as you get used to it, but as soon as you do, it's way better. smooth precise movements of your finger are just more reliable on the flat surface than dealing wiht physical resistance and acceleration of analog.

I am personally a better shot on mobile over controller, by a big margin, despite having like over a decade of experience aiming with analogs, over like cummulative week of experience with mobile touch screen aiming

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
playing on PC lets you use gyro aiming on controller if you do some steam input stuff, which is (imo) the best way to play the archer characters outside of just a straight up mouse.

Witch of Miracles

One Winged Slayer
Jun 13, 2019
United Kingdom
I don't think Yae will be the secret real archon or the previous one, probably just a big powerful fox god thats to Raiden what Dvalin and Azhdaha are to Venti and Zhongli. Only its Raiden losing her shit instead of Yae unlike the counterparts.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
The funny thing is that the most visually appealing characters in the game for me have been Zhongli and a bunch of Liyue 4-stars. No one announced in months have been as aesthetically appealing to me as Xinyan, Ningguang, and Beidou. Eula came close because her character design is great but her outfit is just so stupid that it holds her back - I'm holding out hope that she gets more outfit options in the future.
Yeah, I get that. Putting gender aside, unfortunately Inazuma isn't really doing it for me as far as character aesthetics go. They're not bad, but Mondstadt and Liyue had much stronger designs overall from the start.

WhisperOfMalice

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I also don't think Baal will be a main DPS character but more like Zhongli / Kazuha when build for it can do huge damage on their ult and/or at higher constellations.
I'm assuming she will still have a thing with party support considering ER and giving energy.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I'm loving Inazuma I'm a bit disappointed by the amount of typical treasure hunters, mages, and churls I've run into.

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
Baal the new, and Yae the old (maybe lost her Archon powers to Baal due to some story reason).

Wouldn't it make sense for it to be the reverse? For Baal to be the current archon--she's clearly held the position for quite a while--& then, if she's overthrown, for Yae to take her place? That would fit with the banner order, too.

I think Baal's time is up. And I think that if there's a possibility of a redemption arc for her, it will end up being that once she's removed from power, once she's been defeated & dragged off her pedestal, she'll see things clearly. Realize that she took things way too far.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't it make sense for it to be the reverse? For Baal to be the current archon--she's clearly held the position for quite a while--& then, if she's overthrown, for Yae to take her place? That would fit with the banner order, too.

I think Baal's time is up. And I think that if there's a possibility of a redemption arc for her, it will end up being that once she's removed from power, once she's been defeated & dragged off her pedestal, she'll see things clearly. Realize that she took things way too far.
That could definitely work too.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I'd be down for that.

After getting to part 2 of the story, legit kinda don't want her to be redeemed or get away with what she's doing. Consequences please, Mihoyo.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Its the little things

the author of that book turning out to be Xinqiu was a little thing but simply encountering a character again like that as a surprise was neat

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Man I'm doing Kazari's quest and it's turning into something truly awesome. This is literally the first World Quest I've done where I haven't skipped the dialogue boxes.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The thing is that if Aloy is a charged shot char, they just don't feel that good on console. Aloy could have been a polearm user, which play just fine on controller, but maybe we have too many of those. Hopefully she will play something like Fischl burst support, which plays excellently.
Never had a problem with charged shot on console. I use Ganyu all the time on PS5. I guess for people that don't play shooters much it might be a little awkward to aim, but it's really no different than any other game that has bows on console.

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
Wait, I thought the banners were going to be Baal, Sara and Kokomi? are there more leaks suggesting Ganyu is coming in 2.1 or is that all just speculation?
I hope not because I just spent for Ayaka yesterday

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
Its the little things

the author of that book turning out to be Xinqiu was a little thing but simply encountering a character again like that as a surprise was neat
Puts a fun spin on the character too. He went from mostly being a rich child in a finance guild that also knows a dying martial art to being someone that likes to write anime/JRPG-esque action stories.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Wow Act 2 was so much better than Act 1, I'm much more optimistic now. Good job Mihoyo.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Me putting Inazuma as the preferred region for comissions yesterday without the map being properly explored and teleport-ready was an awful idea, I wasn't thinking straight. Already deactivated that.

edit: Waverider saving me once again!

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
So I caved an made a second psn account so I can link my account to my PS5 and...is the UI really that small? Im sitting maybe 15 feet from my tv and I can't even follow my mini map. Graphics look great I just feel like I can't actually see anything.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
lmfao at the localization choice on one of the inazuma reputation board requests

"Vagrant Havoc"
Description: oh these vagrants are getting out of hand!!!!
"Defeat all Vagrants"

about two seconds of wondering "wait did this suddenly turn into some asshole on nextdoor complaining about homeless people" until i got there and realized they were literally translating "ronin"

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I didn't like about the Kazari side-quest was

needing to activate the electro things during the final boss fight. The shield didn't last long at all and I was stressed during the fight because of it. It didn't help that you needed to solve those light beam puzzles during it.

As a whole though I did really enjoy it, easily one of my favorite side-quests so far.

Dec 27, 2019
Seattle
Puts a fun spin on the character too. He went from mostly being a rich child in a finance guild that also knows a dying martial art to being someone that likes to write anime/JRPG-esque action stories.
There's stuff about his love of those books, and him being an author all throughout his character profile. I really wish the game did a better job exposing that stuff to players. I feel like a lot of folks miss it.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
There's no way Yae is secretly the archon/a archon

Both kazari's quest and the fact that the previous Archons' are dead kinda makes that obvious.

Yae could be the future archon though.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Also the entire "Baal is the fake archon" theory entirely came about from people hating how Baal looked in a T-pose render

And not from any actual lore.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
the fake baal thing was pure copium

not sure why it's now being taken seriously lol

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
So me and a friend were attracted by Aloy and wanna get into the game. How does multiplayer work? Do we have to do a ton of shit and theres tons of weird rules and exceptions, or can we just join each other and play the whole game together nonstop?

Liv

Teyvat Traveler
Aug 20, 2019
Is there any consensus on what is the optimum combo string for freeze Ayaka?

Status
Not open for further replies.