• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
In my opinion they just need to merge the weapon and character banner and make 5* weapons and characters have separate pity

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Soooo decided to do exactly one 10-pull on the weapon banner only because I remembered how hard I tried to get Eula's 5* weapon and failed miserably, but figured it put me close to pity. Got the dang sword.

genshinmistsplitter.png

Also went ahead and got a nice set of artifacts on her, but now the real grind of the boss mats/sakura comes in. Didn't even expect to pull for her and now she's going to be unstoppable lol.

Kierric

Teyvat Traveler
May 3, 2020
I've been suuuuper busy this week so I actually only just made it to Inazuma. The atmosphere is 👌

I liked Ayaka way more than I thought I would in the trial… staying strong so far though

Oct 27, 2017
In my opinion they just need to merge the weapon and character banner and make 5* weapons and characters have separate pity

This is the rare instance where suggestions/requests would make it worse :D

Imagine getting fucking Rainslashers or Bells instead of 4* characters. So it would be a complete disaster for 4* farming, and because you want to combine banners, you would have to double the pities to 160-180 wishes per character unless you expect Mihoyo to give away twice as many 5* items, basically free 5* weapons.

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
So I need to visit another travelers teapot realm and purchase an item from the traveling salesman, but I don't have any friends haha.

What's the easiest way to get a friend so i can visit their realm?

Witch of Miracles

One Winged Slayer
Jun 13, 2019
United Kingdom

This was leaked last night by an unreliable uncle first who added that itll be a triple banner patch with Ganyu and then Kokomi. I wonder if they're doing this to avoid having a Japanese character banner during China day.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
So how is the coop in this game? Like is it viable and even fun to go through everything cooperatively in this?

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
So how is the coop in this game? Like is it viable and even fun to go through everything cooperatively in this?
Coop unlocks at AR16 I believe. You can't do the story quests together, but you can explore the open world, fight bosses, do Laylines and Domains. Me and my cousin have a ton of fun just farming in the open world and doing domains. Farming especially I hate doing alone so if he's not on I don't even bother, especially mining.

The only boss you can't fight together is Stormterror, the first weekly boss in the game.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeb, C4 with R5 mistsplitter.

It's just crazy what some people will do just get nombers like that or finish boss that fast.

It's really not worth it.
I figured as much.

But hey, whatever makes them happy! At least they're supporting future development, haha.

Man, Kazari's questline is just... *chefkiss.
Yeah, it's great. It's the one I spent around 3 hours on last night. Great stuff.

I think it's a week longer than that, even? IIRC it's 17-18 days total.

...it's definitely kinda annoying though. I spent a lot of time playing in the past couple days but because I decided to go to WL6, a lot of that was grinding items to get Klee and Keqing to 90 + trying (and mostly failing) to get a couple better artifacts. So I still have 1-4 and onward to do even before getting to any of the new stuff, whoops.

At least it looks like you can start it part of the way through 2-1 and there's no annoying character quest restrictions either? So there's that...
Oh, it's that long? Even better! I won't stress about it too much.

I fought an Electro Cicin mage by one of those puzzles and it completed mid-battle.
Well that's one way to do it, haha.

Yeah, I didn't like that either. I got into the Waverider and went straight to the other two Statues of the Seven to unlock the rest of the map + closest teleport and be done with it.

I dislike having timed content piling up and knowing it was there would have bothered me, no matter how many days are available. I wish they'd put the first three challenges on the first island instead.
Yeah, I might go and unlock everything later today (and just skip all of the exploration and sidequest stuff associated on those islands until I get around to finishing the first.

Raiden is polearm with sword in burst
I knew she'd have a way to switch her weapon. Her appearance in the trailer wouldn't make sense otherwise.

Raiden Shogun Elemental Burst

Elemental Burst: Secret Art: Musou Shinsetsu
Gathering truths unnumbered and wishes uncounted, the Raiden Shogun unleashes the Musou no Hitotachi and deals AoE Electro DMG, using Musou Isshin in combat for a certain duration afterward. The DMG dealt by Musou no Hitotachi and Musou Isshin's attacks is based on the number of Shogan Byakugen no Rin's Resolve stacks consumed when this skill is used.

While in this state, the Raiden Shogun will wield her tachi in battle, while her Normal, Charged, and Plunging Attacks will be infused with Electro DMG, which cannot be overridden.
She sounds fun. I need her.

This was leaked last night by an unreliable uncle first who added that itll be a triple banner patch with Ganyu and then Kokomi. I wonder if they're doing this to avoid having a Japanese character banner during China day.

Ugh. Can you imagine if they do Baal, Kokomi and Yae in the same patch, with the latter being the Anniversary character? I would die.

They're going through these Inazuma characters so fast, without allowing people to budget their pulls. Kazuha --> Ayaka --> Yoimiya --> Baal --> Kokomi. It's just too much, and reeks of them trying to get as much money from people as possible (probably to drain them of everything just before the Anniversary hits). I've been saving my primogems for a long while for the Inazuma characters but even with that, the way they're scheduling everything is going to make me skip some and that hurts me. And now Baal is supposedly coming first, giving us even less time to save?

I guess it's 50/50 for Yoimiya, and then saving the rest for Baal. If she was coming later in the patch I probably would have been able to full pity both Yoimiya and Baal, but if she comes first that's a lot less likely. It sucks, since I love Yoimiya's character. I don't want to wait six+ months for her re-run. I guess it's 50/50 Yoimiya, grab Baal, and then start saving for Yae.

It begs the question though, what are they going to do for the Anniversary? All of these hyped characters will have been released by then, unless they hold back Yae for that.

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Finished the first story quest. I really am enjoying Yoimiya actually..... but I cant afford to pull for her. Also Kujou Sara looks real cool too. The mask.... hope we see her with it on Oh and I forgot about the Shrine Maiden Yae I think the Inazuma characters are real cool.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Ya that's what I said before, she has a crappy (currently) support-ish Burst. But literally everyone has the far superior Xiangling for off-field (and in general better) DPS.
Ah sorry, missed that. The thread was moving so fast haha.
Ugh. Can you imagine if they do Baal, Kokomi and Yae in the same patch, with the latter being the Anniversary character? I would die.
From what I've heard it's going to be Baal first, the Kokomi and Sara second, so yeah, they'll be in the same patch if true.

I mentioned it before, but Baal being the anniversary never really lined up for me. An Archon of any kind is going to be a big money maker, as is an anniversary. Merging those two almost guaranteed revenue periods just didn't seem like a smart business move. I know FGO likes to do things like that, but FGO's banners are kind of random and whenever dw feel like releasing them. Mihoyo have a strict schedule, so every three week period is a chance for revenue, which means the anniversary will serve as something additional. Tying your banner, that is going to occur with or without the anniversary, to that, just didn't line up for me.

They may still do that ofc. This is me purely thinking from a business strategy pov.
Kazuha has redeemed Keqing for me.

... I want that fucking sword.
Join me brother. It is glorious. It perfectly lines up with her aesthetics as well.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
need baal material leaks, i dont want to use all my resin on stuff she wont use, and i want to farm her mats...

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Soooo decided to do exactly one 10-pull on the weapon banner only because I remembered how hard I tried to get Eula's 5* weapon and failed miserably, but figured it put me close to pity. Got the dang sword.

genshinmistsplitter.png

Also went ahead and got a nice set of artifacts on her, but now the real grind of the boss mats/sakura comes in. Didn't even expect to pull for her and now she's going to be unstoppable lol.

giphy.gif

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
From what I've heard it's going to be Baal first, the Kokomi and Sara second, so yeah, they'll be in the same patch if true.

I mentioned it before, but Baal being the anniversary never really lined up for me. An Archon of any kind is going to be a big money maker, as is an anniversary. Merging those two almost guaranteed revenue periods just didn't seem like a smart business move. I know FGO likes to do things like that, but FGO's banners are kind of random and whenever dw feel like releasing them. Mihoyo have a strict schedule, so every three week period is a chance for revenue, which means the anniversary will serve as something additional. Tying your banner, that is going to occur with or without the anniversary, to that, just didn't line up for me.

They may still do that ofc. This is me purely thinking from a business strategy pov.
I just hope they don't squeeze Yae into the same patch. >_<

Your Anniversary theory is true, it's still weird to me though. All of the other gacha games I play release some special character for their Anniversary, so if they release Baal and Kokomi before it, I have to wonder what they have planned. Maybe an "All-Star" banner with the best of past releases? Someone on Reddit mentioned that the Anniversary happens on/near China Day, so maybe they'll have a Liyue character banner there to celebrate? Ganyu re-run maybe?

I'll save enough for Baal and try my 50/50 pity for Yoimiya, but I'm really concerned as to when they're planning on releasing Yae.They seem to be going through these banners extremely quick, so if they release her in 2.2 after Baal draining everything from me, I won't be ready. Seeing Baal release this early on, and not being a support character like previous Archon, only furthers my belief that something is up with Yae. Someone on Reddit also noticed that she doesn't share the same name typing that Venti and Zhongli does, so it's even more suspicious.

So much mystery!

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I think I had a glitch. Enemies were attacking me in the cutscene while everyone was talking in the Ayaka quest, lol. I wonder if this only happens if I have traveler out. No idea.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I just hope they don't squeeze Yae into the same patch. >_<

Your Anniversary theory is true, it's still weird to me though. All of the other gacha games I play release some special character for their Anniversary, so if they release Baal and Kokomi before it, I have to wonder what they have planned. Maybe an "All-Star" banner with the best of past releases? Someone on Reddit mentioned that the Anniversary happens on/near China Day, so maybe they'll have a Liyue character banner there to celebrate? Ganyu re-run maybe?

I'll save enough for Baal and try my 50/50 pity for Yoimiya, but I'm really concerned as to when they're planning on releasing Yae.They seem to be going through these banners extremely quick, so if they release her in 2.2 after Baal draining everything from me, I won't be ready. Seeing Baal release this early on, and not being a support character like previous Archon, only furthers my belief that something is up with Yae. Someone on Reddit also noticed that she doesn't share the same name typing that Venti and Zhongli does, so it's even more suspicious.

So much mystery!
It's so funny that I've been complaining about how slow these banners are with 3 week rotations, and now it's like "fuck, wait, my primos, Mihoyo!" haha. I do prefer this though. I like not knowing, and having to be selective with my resources. I wish I hadn't pushed my luck and broken my soft pity though. Damn you Diluc!

The China Day thing is interesting. I could definitely see some sort of all star banner around that. Like a triple threat of Xiao, Ganyu, and Hu Tao, with it rotating who is the featured rate up each day. Those are the three most wanted characters atm I feel (at least, they're the ones I see posts about the most) so it would rake in the cash. Especially cause of those who want all of them.

Ah, so much to look forward to for once. It's been a while since I've been in love with this game, but these last two patches and the idea of constant new characters has pulled me back. Apparently Mihoyo have moved their 10 year plan to a 4 year (well 5 if you include this first year) plan, so they've most likely realised that they needed to speed things up in order to retain their playerbase.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I think I had a glitch. Enemies were attacking me in the cutscene while everyone was talking in the Ayaka quest, lol. I wonder if this only happens if I have traveler out. No idea.

That bugs been around for a bit. I had the traveller die in a cutscene during the story in the last patch and the NPCs were just talking to the air.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still on the fence with Baal and what we know of her kit. Archon or not, I definitely need to see her in the story to know how I feel about the character.

Lowkey glad that we're in waifu impact territory right now with this sped up schedule. My wallet is chilling.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's common, especially when it is storming. Had a quest where a lightning blast knocked me off a cliff during a cutscene.

You'd think they'd make you invulnerable during cutscenes/dialogue with NPCs but still hasn't happened. Makes for funny moments though.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I said this earlier, but if Baal does end up being more a DPS than support, it leads further credence to her not being the "true" Archon. Yae is datamined to be a catalyst, so maybe she'll be the electro support we all expected.

I still want Baal though, for that VA (Sawashiro Miyuki) and character design.

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
I'm really concerned as to when they're planning on releasing Yae.They seem to be going through these banners extremely quick, so if they release her in 2.2 after Baal draining everything from me, I won't be ready.

I think this is how it's *supposed* to be. It's how the first 5-6 months were, and I feel like the long content draught post-dragonspine, with constant reruns, was not in the master plan.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly there's a lot of buggy feeling things about how things work in this. Some of the co-op minigame event stuff in particular has felt very slapped together.

Still annoyed how I suddenly lost the prop hunt event a couple times for no clear reason in the Dragonspine map, only for it to click that they forgot to turn off the sheer cold effect and it had killed me. IIRC the game really didn't know how to handle it and didn't even show me my results those times because it tried to show me that I died + respawn, so I had no idea if I had wasted those runs or not.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still on the fence with Baal and what we know of her kit. Archon or not, I definitely need to see her in the story to know how I feel about the character.

Lowkey glad that we're in waifu impact territory right now with this sped up schedule. My wallet is chilling.

The funny thing is that the most visually appealing characters in the game for me have been Zhongli and a bunch of Liyue 4-stars. No one announced in months have been as aesthetically appealing to me as Xinyan, Ningguang, and Beidou. Eula came close because her character design is great but her outfit is just so stupid that it holds her back - I'm holding out hope that she gets more outfit options in the future.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
From the beta it seems 2.1 will have both Watatsumi Island AND Seirai Island? x_x

Mihoyo RUNNING to feed us (and bleed us with so many cool banners next to each other lol)

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Kazuha really makes navigating Inazuma a lot easier. The double jump he kinda has makes climbing all the striations in the mountains and cliffs doable.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like yomiya is dead on arrival now if Baal is the next banner after her. Plus you're getting a five star archer for free in a few months now too

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
the new Axe Mitachurls fuck me up with the timing to do the Beidou counter with that "dance" move of them....

Meanwhile all the other enemies feel like great fun like the new samurais, those are always a nice break of pace with the fireworks or their charged attacks and the fact that some of them actually block your attacks.

also did the new boss, the Mechanical Array.... shit is HARD and it has waaaaay too much HP wtf!?

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018

welp, if that's true than there's no point in me saving lol. don't care about any of them. Xiao and hu tao because I don't like "lose health to attack" characters and ganyu because I don't like archers, even if I did Aloy is coming, I find that Ganyu has the personality of stale bread

Moara

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 25, 2017
I've done a few sidequest in Inazuma and so far it seems like they've actually improved a lot on actually using characters people know and not just a bunch of randoms doing busywork. I've already seen some pretty good callbacks to previous quest and characters.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Ironically, the title isn't clickbait, don't recall watching summoning session where I laughed so much.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
After doing Yoimiya's quest and testing her with Xingqui and Ganyu, I can see her being a decent pyro DPS for a Xingqui melt comp, though she attacks to fast to make full use of him.

I see her main usage being in Ganyu melt comps though due to her burst, especially on single bosses.

Didn't get a chance to test her with Fischl though, so no overload testing.

What do you prioritize on Diluc? Auto and Ult?
With most main DPS, you should prioritize their Auto attacks first since that's what you're going to be using the most (the only exception I've seen is Childe for obvious reasons). Diluc priority level is Auto > Skill > Burst.

Status
Not open for further replies.