• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
If I want to get into the game, how rough is it to be a free to play player right now?

Not rough at all. On the contrary, as a newcomer, with such a wealth of content and rewards to look forward to, you should have a great time and be able to expand your character roster in no time.

YESSSSSS

E6-245YXEAIDGXw

got him from the wish that i got from the sakura tree

goodbye Ayaka, hello again Kaeya.
C2 now.

DazzlingFrailChimpanzee-size_restricted.gif

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
For Ayaka, well... according to this calc (by alecjohn) even Jade Cutter R5 cannot beat Mistsplitter R1. At least for permafreeze. Makes sense since crit rate substat doesn't really matter when you have Blizzard full set and cyro resonance. Crit dmg and ATK% have more value on this setup.

C0-Permafreeze-Ayaka-sustained-DPS-enemies-frozen-5.png

Full spreadsheet:

For Melt Ayaka, Mistspliter is still BiS but Jade Cutter closes the gap and starts overtaking it with more refinements (R2 or more).

Dunno for Keqing. Haven't seen the exact calc for her. But probably similar to the graph for Melt Ayaka if I had to guess.

Much appreciate it , So for melt damage , No freeze combo, 2 glad 2 blizzard or 2 blood 2 blizzard jade R3 would be better right?

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
If I want to get into the game, how rough is it to be a free to play player right now?

In addition to what others have said... I think an important thing to know is that, for better or worse, the way the game's difficulty works means that you really shouldn't hit a sudden wall where you're underpowered for story content. You have a player level ("adventurer rank") and what range of ranks you're in sets the scaled difficulty ("world level"), changing the level of enemies in most of the game (beyond specific non-scaled challenges). You are effectively gated from upgrading too far ahead of the difficulty - not only can you just not upgrade characters/weapons past certain points at lower ranks, you need higher level enemies to get the drops to upgrade them - but in return most fights are always going to be pretty fair for you.

I do believe just starting the later main story chapters is actually gated by reaching certain adventurer ranks, though. I don't think it'd be that hard to naturally hit those ranks as you progress through it, and they even re-balanced the requirements to be lower with this update. I'm assuming that it particularly should not be much of a problem due to that change. It's just personally hard to judge how long it took to level based on how I played it (essentially stockpiling exp at points where you need to manually advance your rank, which would not be necessary anymore since they added an option to turn down the difficulty by 1 world level if needed), so I can't tell you if you can truly mainline it or not.

Meanwhile, regarding things that might be concerning you as a f2p player (as a f2p player myself)... you have missed free resources from events, but it should not be too bad to farm those if absolutely needed, you might just need to do a little farming on specific days of the week when they're available, I guess. Compared to other gacha there's not really been notable event exclusives you've missed, mostly just those free resources. We had a couple specific event-exclusive weapons and some free 4* characters given out, but the free characters are just regular gacha ones. Though on that note, I think the biggest thing that differs from other gacha I've played is that most of the gacha characters are actually completely unavailable when their banner isn't around - the permanent pool of 5* has not been touched since launch, so beyond that initial group you can only get a 5* on their specific banner. That can obviously be pretty limiting for building teams as a new/f2p player - but I only have 2 5* and 1 of them is a permanent one, so I can say that while I do rely heavily on those 5* you can definitely be totally fine without the ones you've missed. You should be able to build a good team around anyone you get and do just fine. And, well, we're getting close to the game's first anniversary in a couple months, so I'd be kinda surprised if we don't see some rerun banners that will let you try for older characters you want anyway.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Is it worth it to get Ayaka's new weapon? I've never summoned for a unit on the Weapons banner.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Is it worth it to get Ayaka's new weapon? I've never summoned for a unit on the Weapons banner.
It does about 34% more damage on average than most 4 star weapons without accounting for stuff like energy generation.

If that's worth it for you. For me it isn't and I'm happy with the new craftable Katana.

edit: a C1 or C2 Ayaka will increase your damage around the same amount so my plan is just to keep trying character event banner and if it doesn't work out I'll at least have worked towards pity on it.

Last edited:

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017

If you're free to play or even a Dolphin DO NOT summon on the weapon banner unless you're cool with the very real possibility of burning a lot of your gems away. That thing is strictly for Whales. There's a reason why we call it the scam banner.

hmmm, i am using black clif on Ayaka
should i gave her Crit rate crown or Crit DMG?

Depends on what comp you're using. If you're doing a freeze comp with 4 Piece Blizzard Strayer then give her Crit Damage. If you're using like a Melt comp then give her Crit Rate.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
I picked this up again and there are still these annoying split second freezes I´ve encountered months ago on my PC. Doesn`t seem to be hardware/graphics related because the stutters even occur on lowest settings. Found some possible fixes on reddit but none worked for me.
Anyone else had this issue and maybe found a fix?
are you playing on laptop?

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
If you're free to play or even a Dolphin DO NOT summon on the weapon banner unless you're cool with the very real possibility of burning a lot of your gems away. That thing is strictly for Whales. There's a reason why we call it the scam banner.

Depends on what comp you're using. If you're doing a freeze comp with 4 Piece Blizzard Strayer then give her Crit Damage. If you're using like a Melt comp then give her Crit Rate.
i don't have crit RATE blizzard right now, i am using 4 Piece Blizzard Strayer.
but still, i have %13 Crit rate which seems very low.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
i don't have crit RATE blizzard right now, i am using 4 Piece Blizzard Strayer.
but still, i have %13 Crit rate which seems very low.
If you're freezing enemies then that's an automatic 40% Crit Rate right there. Pair her with another Cryo character for resonance and that's an extra 15%

That's 68% total. You're good to go as far as I'm concerned with that.

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
Look all I need to know is that Baal is hu tao/zhongli but for energy recharge so I can start farming that new domain at full force!!

Oct 27, 2017
Top reasons for Weapon Banner:
• You aren't going to get more 5* characters, no more talent farms
• You will increase stats to kill monsters faster, reducing the gametime. Complete 9-12 floors in under 30 minutes!
• You can guarantee a desired weapon drop within 200 wishes now! Gamechanger for Weapons Banner
• Weapons are items with some flimsy lore, they don't have quests, don't talk, don't unlock new abilities

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Weapon banner is almost always a bad use of resources.
Never summon a weapon banner unless you don't mind losing a lot resources.
It does about 34% more damage on average than most 4 star weapons without accounting for stuff like energy generation.

If that's worth it for you. For me it isn't and I'm happy with the new craftable Katana.

edit: a C1 or C2 Ayaka will increase your damage around the same amount so my plan is just to keep trying character event banner and if it doesn't work out I'll at least have worked towards pity on it.
Good to know. Basically don't summon on it and if you want Ayaka to be stronger then get a dupe.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
did you put the fan speed prefrence on quite? in the laptop app setting there is differnt profile like performance mode.
I have an HP Omen 15. On the Omen app there are two settings: Balanced & Performance mode. I believe I can change the fan speeds while in performance mode, but I never really thought that would be the problem. I will check it out once I get a chance to play today. The microstutters are super annoying, and everything I've tried so far hasn't worked. And like the guy mentioned, it's not about the graphics because the stutter happens on all settings.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
Raiden Shogun Elemental Burst

Elemental Burst: Secret Art: Musou Shinsetsu
Gathering truths unnumbered and wishes uncounted, the Raiden Shogun unleashes the Musou no Hitotachi and deals AoE Electro DMG, using Musou Isshin in combat for a certain duration afterward. The DMG dealt by Musou no Hitotachi and Musou Isshin's attacks is based on the number of Shogan Byakugen no Rin's Resolve stacks consumed when this skill is used.

While in this state, the Raiden Shogun will wield her tachi in battle, while her Normal, Charged, and Plunging Attacks will be infused with Electro DMG, which cannot be overridden.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Gathering truths unnumbered and wishes uncounted, the Raiden Shogun unleashes the Musou no Hitotachi and deals AoE Electro DMG, using Musou Isshin in combat for a certain duration afterward. The DMG dealt by Musou no Hitotachi and Musou Isshin's attacks is based on the number of Shogan Byakugen no Rin's Resolve stacks consumed when this skill is used.

While in this state, the Raiden Shogun will wield her tachi in battle, while her Normal, Charged, and Plunging Attacks will be infused with Electro DMG, which cannot be overridden.

well that explains that

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
I have an HP Omen 15. On the Omen app there are two settings: Balanced & Performance mode. I believe I can change the fan speeds while in performance mode, but I never really thought that would be the problem. I will check it out once I get a chance to play today. The microstutters are super annoying, and everything I've tried so far hasn't worked. And like the guy mentioned, it's not about the graphics because the stutter happens on all settings.
on my lenovo legion there is 3 modes
quite
balanced
performance
when i have it on Quite, i get that sttuter all the time.
after i switch to Balanced, it become better.
also lower the settings in the game a bit.

WhisperOfMalice

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017

Hype!

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017

so pretty much like most suspected. Main polearm with ult being a sword. I can dig it. Obviously by this alone ER is more than likely the most important stat.

NioA

Dec 16, 2019

Love this, and let's hope that the burst gimmick is based on Energy Recharge

lemonade

May 8, 2018

Let's go!

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Try to pull for Ayaka, get C6 Chongyun instead.

I think I've pulled five Chongyuns and one Ning in about 50 pulls.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
really weird how the elite enemy mirror maiden gets pulled in by venti's burst but the generic samurai mooks don't

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I've been really lucky with weapons and the weapon banner so far. Skyward Spine (spear), Skyward Harp (bow) and Freedom Sworn (sword) from the weapon banner and Lost Prayer to the Winds (catalyst) from the basic banner.

So I've got at least 1 5* weapon for each weapon type except Claymore (and I don't have any 5* claymore characters anyway)

Oct 27, 2017

It is Unity. There is something within the engine that bottlenecks whatever game you are playing for those periodical stutters.

The problem is known across many Unity games, it manifests in large games. The only way it is going to be fixed if Unity finally releases their new under-the-hood engine that can split tasks in a modern way, and Genshin is rebuilt using that.

I am running game from NVME, fast CPU, tons of RAM, 1070Ti is still good. You just have to live with it, or say fuck it, and mine ETH when playing the game because it is going to stutter the same way...

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Lol at the og leak being exactly what happened. So many people said it was fake even though there was a good amount of supporting evidence. As I said before this banner, Skyward Spine is likely to be one of her best weapons if that leak is true.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017

Smells like a main DPS to me

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Got Ayaka to 60 last night and...yeah. I can see what people mean about mixing her and Diluc's Bursts together. That's some insane damage output if you aim the burst right.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
just tried the electro travler, oh my god
why the fuck is the CD so long??
also it need tons of energy to recharge that burst.

Status
Not open for further replies.