• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
i actually want to read the dialogue but i read fast and it really pisses me off that they make me wait like half a second before i'm allowed to skip the text fill in

any game that doesn't let me skip that animation automatically loses five points out of ten in my imaginary review

it's so fucking OBNOXIOUS

(is it just me or did they actually increase that window of time with the patch?)

Okay I thought it was just me! It definitely feels like it takes longer to skip the text.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
So with Raiden being a polearm user surely she will have a unique charge attack right...

Oct 27, 2017
Everything is for the money at the end of the day.

This is a very cheap argument, and it should not be used on anything media related (games, shows, books, movies). It assumes that all parts/features of the product are created the same. But we know that some features are there to fulfil the vision of the product to make it as good as possible, and some features are there for the revenue regardless whether they improve the product or not.

but yeah Kat would be a terrible choice.

She doesn't use weapons and her powers are literally gravity based, it's in the name.

Putting her in would make somebody that's straight up just not Kat.

That's ignoring that she's from Steampunk Victoria/South East Asia

I am 100% sure Kat is a dead character, but giving her some kind of Orb or Book would be 100% in-line with Gravity based magic.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
now that my hype over aloy has receded a lil bit, i gotta say

they really make her look like a kid here, i know anime girls often look younger than they should (unless they're middle schoolers, then they look older than they should), but geez

hope she looks better in game

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
now that my hype over aloy has receded a lil bit, i gotta say

they really make her look like a kid here, i know anime girls often look younger than they should (unless they're middle schoolers, then they look older than they should), but geez

hope she looks better in game

I think they are using the mid height female model for her. It could be that this is supposed to be alloy before the events of Horizon when she was younger? I dunno. But yeah I am very much looking forward to seeing the model. At least she is fully clothed.

Mar-Mar

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 30, 2017
Germany
I definitely understand that it's being done for cash, same as the KFC deal was. I'm saying it doesn't really break the lore they established with the first cutscene that opens the game, or anything that's followed. Just... it's not a new thing for the game.
There are stories out there that have dimension travelling as an element or the main element that don't use it as an excuse to include something from the real world. The problem is when I want to immerse myself into a story and then suddenly this character appears out of nowhere (just because it is possible due to the genre being Isekai) and it reads like an ad for another game ... I am taken out of the game. It breaks the 4th wall. Of course a lot of gacha games have a story so bad I couldn't care less.

Of course it's because of money. But that's the story. It's been there since the beginning. To act disappointed or surprised that a game that literally opens up with "hey we're from another plane of existence, oh and btw this character is actually from Honkai Impact" just seems disingenuous.
I assume you're talking about big bad mystery goddess.
1.) This is not confirmed and it doesn't say so
2.) And while it seems likely to be true, that goddess is part of the grand storyline, part of Genshin Impact's vision, it's the main antagonist. It's not a cutscene to tell you to download Honkai Impact 3rd
Also: I don't act disappointed, I am. I came to this thread to vent so that I could move on, but now I have to justify myself for why I think this totally breaks immersion for me.

I mean Sae and Raiden are already a Honkai crossover
If they are and they aren't just self-reference they definitely have a part in the world of Genshin whereas Aloy most certainly does not.

Adressing some other posts:
Please stop nitpicking things with "character changing" mechanics etc. I'm glad noone mentioned the existence of a UI. ^^° Yes, of course they do break immersion a little, but it is never a high focus except for some gameplay stuff. I don't mind these and it's in all video games, sometimes more, sometimes less. Sometimes the open world part of Genshin breaks immersion when you're not supposed to be at a certain place and the characters already know who you are, which bothers me a bit more, but it's just a few unimportant NPCs. Gacha chars being part of your party however is indeed the biggest thing I dislike about Genshin because they aren't canonically travelling with you. Gacha makes it so that not every player can have the same characters which makes it impossibile to have an actual travelling party with you story-wise.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I knew something happened when so many pages were added to the OT, haha. Aloy is a surprise, but not exactly something I'm excited for. I'm glad for those that are, though.

Who needs Ayaka, when you can get C1 Qiqi from your pulls. notlikethis.jpg
This was me, I couldn't believe it. Of ALL the characters to come on my 50/50 pity it was her. C1 for me too. Thankfully Ayaka came to me on my next multi so it wasn't too bad. Still scary, though.

I wish you luck, if you're continuing to push forward with the pulls!

Seems like Mihoyo is back with the drip marketing. Kokomi seems to be the banner in the next patch

Edit: Both Sarah and Raiden too

Edit edit: Does this mean Raiden and Kokomi next banner? with Sarah being a 4 star? D:
The Hell? No, this can't be...

Welp, Baal is on the 2.1 Beta Test

Hope people didnt spend all their primos.

Yoimiya banner is fuuuuucked tho
I guess it can be. Fuck.

I still have enough for a full pity and a 50/50. I guess I'll go 50/50 for Yoimiya (I REALLY want her) and then save the full pity for Baal. Unfortunately it means passing on Kokomi, so I just hope she's more of a support since I have Mona already and would feel less bad on missing out on her. I wanted them all of the Inazuma 5*, but I didn't expect they'd release everyone consecutively. I thought we'd get some filler/re-run banners in there somewhere. :/

Poor Yoimiya, though. She didn't deserve this. I hope she comes to me on my 50/50, but there's no way I can push past that unless she comes to me early on. I have a little under 42k primogems saved and 28.8k is reserved for Baal. That leaves the rest, as well as whatever I get over the next month+ for Yoimiya. I hope it's enough.

Whales

Oct 25, 2017
So now that there is cross save between ps5 and pc, how do I migrate my stuff to pc? do I need to use the same email as my psn? i dont wanna mess it up lol

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I finally hit pity on the standard banner today and did I get Jean, or Mona, or Keqing? Nope, C1 Qiqi.
I'm telling you, she's on rate-up for every banner. Those that haven't gotten her yet are obscenely lucky. I was okay with getting her once but no more than that. If her constellations were better it'd be different. Maybe. But they're not, they're horrible.

Sorry about that, by the way. :/

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus christ, I just had the worst glitch. Was starting Act II, immediately after leaving the teahouse and heading towards the statue....
So on my way to rescue Thoma, while crossing the bridge, I was suddenly thrown into a fight with Baal with, like, no warning, no cut scenes, or anything -- just bam! Fight! I was so fucking confused, and jfc is she tough so she killed me like immediately cuz I wasn't prepared at all for it lmao. I figured this had to be a glitch so I restarted and thankfully it fixed it, but like wtf?? Way to completely ruin a hype moment and reveal, cuz the last thing I expected right then was to run into Baal and this dumb glitch p much spoiled it for me jflkd;afsd And then I was so distracted by that happening that I wasn't able to fully appreciate the moment, especially cuz it happens all so fast. o<-<
I'll definitely need to rewatch those scenes on youtube later...

Also, Baal's stupid crotch flap is so dumb. She's supposed to be super intimidating and someone you fear and respect, and all I could think (while I wasn't worrying about that glitch) was just, 'girl you practically got your cooch hanging out PLS PUT ON SOME PANTS or at least a proper fkn skirt jfc.' Like it just renders me completely incapable of taking her seriously and really detracts from the impact she should have. Sigh. :/

All that bullshit aside, though, that whole segment otherwise was super fucking cool and omg did I have such Fear for Thoma in that brief moment there jfkldasfd. So glad we saved him, and also gd what a bamf!!

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
So if Raiden and Kokomi are in 2.1, do we still expect some sort of anniversary special or rerun in that time?

It seems kinda silly (but could also be a huge grab for extra cash?) to have such highly anticipated characters along with a potential rerun for someone like Ganyu. I'm 10/180 from a guaranteed character (assuming I fail the 50/50) but depending on how stacked the 2.1 banners are, I may need to dolphin a bit...

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I still have enough for a full pity and a 50/50. I guess I'll go 50/50 for Yoimiya (I REALLY want her) and then save the full pity for Baal. Unfortunately it means passing on Kokomi, so I just hope she's more of a support since I have Mona already and would feel less bad on missing out on her. I wanted them all of the Inazuma 5*, but I didn't expect they'd release everyone consecutively. I thought we'd get some filler/re-run banners in there somewhere. :/

Poor Yoimiya, though. She didn't deserve this. I hope she comes to me on my 50/50, but there's no way I can push past that unless she comes to me early on. I have a little under 42k primogems saved and 28.8k is reserved for Baal. That leaves the rest, as well as whatever I get over the next month+ for Yoimiya. I hope it's enough.
It's funny that because Kokomi could be a support I'm leaning more towards her. I don't particularly need more main damage dealers.

I honestly think the guys making the business decisions need to be re-evaluated. They've always been so reactive, never really showing any foresight or strategy. Surely putting Yoimiya first made more sense if this was always the plan? I was never pulling for either 5*, but I feel bad that they've significantly reduced people's interest in her banner now.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
At least with Baal coming early and Yae afterwards, it definitely screams to me that there's something going on there.

It's funny that because Kokomi could be a support I'm leaning more towards her. I don't particularly need more main damage dealers.

I honestly think the guys making the business decisions need to be re-evaluated. They've always been so reactive, never really showing any foresight or strategy. Surely putting Yoimiya first made more sense if this was always the plan? I was never pulling for either 5*, but I feel bad that they've significantly reduced people's interest in her banner now.
I hope she is a support character, both for you and making it easier for me having to miss out on her then, haha.

And yeah, some...strange choices, that's for sure. It's similar to releasing Kazuha immediately before Ayaka and Yoimiya. Why schedule/announce these characters with future/more hyped ones preceding them? They must know now that Baal has basically been announced, EVERYONE is going to be passing on all banners until she arrives. It wouldn't be a horrible thing for them if those banners were re-runs are less exciting characters, but that's not the case here.

It really makes me wonder what they have planned for a post Ayaka/Yoimiya/Kokomi/Baal world. Yae will definitely be something to keep an eye on.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
So is Aloy's bow Playstation exclusive?

Not looking good considering only Playstation tweeted about it...

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Aloy will likely be pretty bad. I'm going to guess they're going to make her ES the tripcaster and her EB like the thing we saw in the trailer. AoE damage around herself.

Probably pretty fun, though, if they can get the tripcaster right.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm telling you, she's on rate-up for every banner. Those that haven't gotten her yet are obscenely lucky. I was okay with getting her once but no more than that. If her constellations were better it'd be different. Maybe. But they're not, they're horrible.

Sorry about that, by the way. :/

It's still unbelievable to me that I got Qiqi yesterday, for the first time, on a single blue-orb summon off the general banner. She's seriously haunting everybody.

Aloy will likely be pretty bad. I'm going to guess they're going to make her ES the tripcaster and her EB like the thing we saw in the trailer. AoE damage around herself.

Probably pretty fun, though, if they can get the tripcaster right.

Yeah, it's almost a guarantee her R2 skill is going to be some kind of trap.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It does. 5* guaranteed (character or weapon) at 90 pulls.

My condolences.

giphy.gif

Would've happily taken Ayaka C1 instead of that, lol

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Would've happily taken Ayaka C1 instead of that, lol
It wouldn't be possible since Ayaka isn't available on the standard banner (unless they later update it with more characters) and both the character and standard banners have separate pities, so you getting Qiqi there didn't affect you in getting Ayaka. Still stings though.

I mean, at least 5 star hydro is somewhat rare
Pyro tho
Yoimiya seems like such a fun girl, too. I'll probably do her story quest today to give her some love.

Speaking of, I kind of wish there was a way to replay story quests.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, I did not expect to wake up today to Aloy being a Genshin character!! And a free 5 star at that. So awesome.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone actually tested Yoimiya's ability to be a sub dps with her ult?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Random Ayaka question: when I tried her out in the character demo mission, her Dimension Cut charge attack seemed to have a WAY BIGGER range than when I use it as my actual Ayaka.

Is that a constellation upgrade or is it her rank 4 awakening passive?

It wouldn't be possible since Ayaka isn't available on the standard banner (unless they later update it with more characters) and both the character and standard banners have separate pities, so you getting Qiqi there didn't affect you in getting Ayaka. Still stings though.

Pretty much.

Ravio-li

Dec 24, 2018
Honestly, since I got Klee, Qiqi has been a regular on my teams again (: Healing feels super satisfying with her.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
I love Aloy but the game is already adding three archers in inazuma, did we really need another bow user, i am just salty because i don't like using bows in this game. ;)
Yeah, I can't stand bow units. Childe is the only one I use and that's only because I don't HAVE to use his bow all the time.
i hate bows but you can't have aloy without a bow, that's her signature weapon. I'll allow it lol

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't like the direction they went with Ayaka. I mean I expected it but its very in your face.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Random Ayaka question: when I tried her out in the character demo mission, her Dimension Cut charge attack seemed to have a WAY BIGGER range than when I use it as my actual Ayaka.

Is that a constellation upgrade or is it her rank 4 awakening passive?
No it's just her "thing". No unlock needed.
I really don't like the direction they went with Ayaka. I mean I expected it but its very in your face.
In the story?

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
Best Scenario:
1st Banner: Kokomi
2ndBanner: Baal, Sara and her Weapon

Mihoyo scenario:
1st Banner: Baal
2nd Banner: Kokomi and Sara

Wisker

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 24, 2018
Like what other people are saying, if anything is fair game for a crossover...

Screw the Red and White glider from the KFC event. I'll gladly buy whatever KFC bucket if they give me this as a 5* Pyro Sword user.

5d8bd6742e22af48ba108351

Status
Not open for further replies.