• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey, side quest are starting to involve playable characters now. Hopefully that's something they start doing more.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man, that Thunder Sphere challenge in the woods that requires you to get 8 electro particles in 40 seconds is hard as hell. That or I'm doing something wrong.

hypersheep325

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Traveler, Razor, Bennett, and a rotating fourth spot currently occupied by Chongyun. Sometimes I'll swap in Ningguang or Diona. If it matters, most of them are C1 except Bennett and Diona, now Chongyun, who are all C2.

My world level? I think it's 3? Whatever you'd be at AR39.
If Razor is your main dps in that comp, then I would switch out Chongyun for Diona. Razor is physical DPS, which means that he doesn't benefit from Chongyun's E infusion. Also, remember to upgrade your talents and weapons.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Traveler's the only Anemo character I have. Well, I have Sucrose but she's level 20. I can't imagine the resources I'd have to pour into her to make her level 60.

Getting a character to level 60 should be no big deal. It's getting them to 80 and then 90 that's a lot of work and resources.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Seeing the end of ritou where people say the traveler's a jerk and I was like

"That's the reason?"

Cause that seemed perfectly sensible for them to be like "Naaaaah"

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I guess for now I'll still play on pc until I get that email verification stuff sorted out. Gonna throw my Chongyun gear on MC for now and put her in the party and start this archon quest and get to inazuma

Ricen-Beans

Oct 27, 2017
Have you already started the game on any platform?

If you start on PS5, you can go into settings>account (once you're in game of course) and create a Mihoyo account from there. After that you can link your playstation/google/apple account to it. You can do it all within the PS browser.
Thank you, I'll give it a try.

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
I really thought I'd be able to finally play my pc save on my ps5 today. What a disappointment. I'm not about to link my account on another psn account that's crazy.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
I really truly missed being able to look out upon the land and see like 3+ things I could go do at any given point. It's too bad they don't put in more things like randomized chests or environment puzzles, but I'll be doing the Inazuma stuff slowly to try to make it last.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Tohma is literally watered down Tartaglia, laughs and tries to be a jokester with mixed success (... I did smirk at the dog scene).

btw. Inazuma should've been called Friendzoneuma, we barely entered and there were already 2 doses of lethal friendzone.

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
No one told Paimon's voice actress how to pronounce Japanese words, huh? 😆
I like the idea that Paimon doesn't know how to properly say the words cause they're not from Inazuma.

Paimon is best when they're a greedy, sassy gremlin who doesn't give a heck. I watch the voice actor stream on twitch every so often and it's always funny hearing Paimon lines that are literally JUST the voice actor, down to the words and tone.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Why the hell does Ayaka have to be so much fun to play, it is chipping away at my willpower to keep multiple pities in stock for Kokomi and Mona. It doesn't help that I got 3x Yanfei and 1x Ningguang so far so just a little more would make both amazing.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
man, there is some downgrade from Favonius Sword to sac sword for water dude, i used to get tons of energy.
but that's okey.
really happy with it, now i want another 4 of that sword.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Worst thing about Inazuma will be every character wearing open-toed footwear with socks. That's one thing I wish they didn't try to be accurate with the Japanese inspirations.

g3dFc8g.jpg

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really enjoying Inazuma so far but the lack of any cutscene of Beidou's ship going through storms to get there was jarring and a missed opportunity. Like, we get the cutscene of them leaving Liyue which was cool, but then they just basically teleport us to Inazuma and that's it. Really weird decision by them considering how much they talk up the storms surrounding Inazuma that make it inaccessible to most ships. Would've been cool to get a cutscene of them going through rough storms and then the sky clears and we see the islands in the distance.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
wow, you guys weren't kidding with the intro to inazuma being boring

i've had to deal with less legal crap in ace attorney

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I still skip all dialog and pay zero attention to the story, but my goodness is exploring a new land and figuring out new puzzles a joy. This is why I love genshin. Also, I pulled Ayaka so I have a lot of reason to play and grind to equip /power her up. It's good to feel like I have a ton to do again.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
It seems they added haptic feedback to the game now and when you surf the UI you feel it but vibration is almost absent in this game even if you get hit. the only time when you feel the haptics is when you dash but it's still not palpable compared to when using the UI, the irony.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
There's been quite a sudden increase in Fontaine mentions by NPCs when its barely came up in the last two regions. I know Sumeru is meant to be next but maybe they'll swap them around based on basically nothing. Though in reality they're probably just trying to be more conscious of mentioning future regions to make it feel more like a world, instead of just repeatedly mentioning the places that are playable.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing the end of ritou where people say the traveler's a jerk and I was like

"That's the reason?"

Cause that seemed perfectly sensible for them to be like "Naaaaah"
i know exactly what you mean. it's clear to me that the traveler just wants to do what it takes to get to their sibling now that they know the sibling is alive. all this other BS is getting in the way of that

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
With real money? -_-
I thought you progress through the game or do certain mission. -_-
Genshin is a gacha game at heart. Most characters are only obtainable through luck, and the fastest way to "guarantee" a character is paying for more chances to summon.

If you want Ayaka and you've just started playing... You'll have to either get super lucky, or spend some money to be able to get enough Fates to summon her.

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
Also is there anyone on NA server who doesn't need their Sakura blooms? I need about 2 more to get her ascension.

Last edited:

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
Came home and relized I had three wishes left. Was at 78.

got Qi Qi'd

this feels bad

hypersheep325

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like they fixed the creepy night whenever you visit someone's teapot while they're not inside it.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I've got no problem with Thoma but yeah he is similar to Childe. I'd like if they somehow tied them together so it can at least make sense but I doubt it given where they're from.

Thus far my only issue with characters is the lack of diversity with the homies. The women are all dope, all different personalities, different looks, different styles, they're pretty diverse. The men though, you've got a small amount of archetypes. We need that big burly dude who's all about strength, we need that young hothead that's always wanting to throw down, we need that older man who's wise beyond his years but is a badass, we can do a lot more. Same with the women to a degree but they're just better than the men.

That aside I'm having a great time with this game. One of the only games I can turn on and enjoy regardless what happens.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I like Thoma more and more as I interact with him. Didn't care for his design at all beforehand, but now I'm kind of interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.