• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how I feel about Inazuma yet. I'm glad we have a fully new region to explore but it feels markedly smaller than Liyue or Mondstadt. Honestly it feels smaller than the goddamn ice mountain so far.

Am I crazy? Does the Inazuma map open up with a huge landmass on the second or third island?

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
Ayaka secured. Feeling a bit adventurous and itching to get her C1 at least, but at the same time I want to save my primos.

Damn I forgot how this game made you feel with these pulls lol

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Are people not going to all 3 islands?
This is much bigger than Dragonspine.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure what they did, but the input delay seems higher than usual since the update. It's kind of annoying.

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
My Ayaka is only level 40 but with a full artifact set is already rocking with Xingqiu, I like her. 11 crit rate and 180 crit dmg is nuts with bilzzard strayer
Don't know if I want to strip Bennett of his Aquila Favonia and give it to her (currently I have a level 80 Flute, which I already took from Jean) or just keep wishing and hoping I get another 10 starglitters to buy the blackcliff longsword

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
The region is really awesome. Just did the first village side quest. The story itself was...okay...but it took me to a really cool place, made me remember why I like this game so much. The prologue story was a huge bummer, but this kinda stuff makes it worth it.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't even made it to the second town on the first island yet, lol
I thought it might be a little small (but still dense) when I looked at the map, bit then I realized the entire area that gets revealed from the electro statue is just the first island and there's two more lol

I've probably spent almost 5 hours and I've only been to konda village and a little up the path to the city. There should be quite a lot to explore here.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
The region is really awesome. Just did the first village side quest. The story itself was...okay...but it took me to a really cool place, made me remember why I like this game so much. The prologue story was a huge bummer, but this kinda stuff makes it worth it.
Are you talking about the one with the girl with the Kabuki mask? Because I stumbled on that one last night and yeah, I really enjoyed where it took me. This is why I love this game.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it might be a little small (but still dense) when I looked at the map, bit then I realized the entire area that gets revealed from the electro statue is just the first island and there's two more lol

I've probably spent almost 5 hours and I've only been to konda village and a little up the path to the city. There should be quite a lot to explore here.

Yeah, I've done Konda and I went to the giant tree to the north of Konda, as well as fighting the (underground? underwater?) boss through the portal in the sky.

That tree puzzle took a while, lol. I felt like such a dummy when I finished it.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
So Sword of Descension's effect is disabled on pc. Fml.

The playstation glider also changes into the default one when you play on pc, lol. Really lame imo.

Not that I can enjoy is anyway since playing on my psn for an hour on launch day currently screws me from linking that with my main pc account.

Can I finally play my mobile account on my PS5 now?

Yes.
genshin.mihoyo.com

Genshin Impact – Step Into a Vast Magical World of Adventure

Genshin Impact is an open-world action RPG. In the game, set forth on a journey across a fantasy world called Teyvat. In this vast world, you can explore seven nations, meet a diverse cast of characters with unique personalities and abilities, and fight powerful enemies together with them, all...
Sounds like you'll need a different psn if your current one has been linked/used to play GI before.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how I feel about Inazuma yet. I'm glad we have a fully new region to explore but it feels markedly smaller than Liyue or Mondstadt. Honestly it feels smaller than the goddamn ice mountain so far.

Am I crazy? Does the Inazuma map open up with a huge landmass on the second or third island?

Right now there are three major islands available. Each one roughly the same size. You are right now on the first island. When all of Inazuma becomes playable in future game updates it will have 6 major islands. With that it should be about the same size as Mond or Liyue.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Right now there are three major islands available. Each one roughly the same size. You are right now on the first island. When all of Inazuma becomes playable in future game updates it will have 6 major islands. With that it should be about the same size as Mond or Liyue.

OH, so we're basically dicking around the northern part of an archipelago and the main land mass isn't out yet? That explains it.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, is there crossplay with PS4 and PC now?

This FAQ confuses me but if I understand right it sounds like currently your online play on ps consoles is limited to other ps users? Cross-save is active but not cross-play, but they'll add options for it in the future, is what this reads like to me.
genshin.mihoyo.com

Genshin Impact is an open-world action RPG. In the game, set forth on a journey across a fantasy world called Teyvat. In this vast world, you can explore seven nations, meet a diverse cast of characters with unique personalities and abilities, and fight powerful enemies together with them, all...

Q1: Will Co-Op Mode on PlayStation be any different after linking my account?
A1: In the future, we will add a Co-Op Mode control function to Genshin Impact for PlayStation. Travelers can use it to select Co-Op Mode preferences. When this function is disabled, Travelers on PlayStation and other platforms can play in Co-Op Mode together. When this function is enabled:
1) Players can only enter Co-Op Mode with other players on PlayStation.
2) On the Co-Op Mode screen, players on PlayStation and on other platforms will be unable to see each other's Co-Op Team information.
3) During Co-Op matching, a platform restriction rule will be added. If the host is a PlayStation user, only users on the same platform can join the team. Players on PlayStation will also be unable to join Co-Op teams where the host is playing on another platform.
4) Friends from other platforms will be hidden in the Friends List. However, hidden friends will still be counted in the list.

Edit: I always thought ps users could already play with pc users (from complaints of people on ps4 dealing with long loading times and thus getting locked out of dungeon fights) so I'm super confused here lol.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
Is there an in game story recap? I completely forgot what happened in Monstadt and the first half of Liyue that I played, I'm so lost on that and all the terminology

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
My wife loves this but started playing on PS4, did the update add cross progression with PC or phone?

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Yo, the new Pyro Hypostasis is actually fun and doesn't have dead time. They finally made a decent boss!

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
we always tell people to stay away from the scam banner, you really don't need it
If you're using lower tier characters it's definitely more desirable. Mistsplitter is a big upgrade for my Keqing so it was worth the risk.
Is there an in game story recap? I completely forgot what happened in Monstadt and the first half of Liyue that I played, I'm so lost on that and all the terminology
Yes. If you go to your quest tab there's a button in the top right corner that says completed (it's the left button if you play on controller). You can recap the story there, but it's only the dialogue.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Ayaka is pretty fun. I'm still testing her out tho, but her dash feels better to me than Mona's. On the fence about pulling still.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of feels like Ayaka should have an ultimate like Keqings instead of what she does have

nonoriri

Apr 30, 2020
This FAQ confuses me but if I understand right it sounds like currently your online play on ps consoles is limited to other ps users? Cross-save is active but not cross-play, but they'll add options for it in the future, is what this reads like to me.
genshin.mihoyo.com

Q1: Will Co-Op Mode on PlayStation be any different after linking my account?
A1: In the future, we will add a Co-Op Mode control function to Genshin Impact for PlayStation. Travelers can use it to select Co-Op Mode preferences. When this function is disabled, Travelers on PlayStation and other platforms can play in Co-Op Mode together. When this function is enabled:
1) Players can only enter Co-Op Mode with other players on PlayStation.
2) On the Co-Op Mode screen, players on PlayStation and on other platforms will be unable to see each other's Co-Op Team information.
3) During Co-Op matching, a platform restriction rule will be added. If the host is a PlayStation user, only users on the same platform can join the team. Players on PlayStation will also be unable to join Co-Op teams where the host is playing on another platform.
4) Friends from other platforms will be hidden in the Friends List. However, hidden friends will still be counted in the list.

Edit: I always thought ps users could already play with pc users (from complaints of people on ps4 dealing with long loading times and thus getting locked out of dungeon fights) so I'm super confused here lol.
Cross play is active and now Cross Save is.

It sounds like eventually they're just going to add a feature so Playstation users can limit their crossplay co-op to only other PS users. Not sure why you would want this since it's not competitive between players but maybe for the chat function? I've definitely co-opped with people clearly on PC who kept chatting me and I was like SORRY... I'M ON PS... SLOW...

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Cross play is active and now Cross Save is.

It sounds like eventually they're just going to add a feature so Playstation users can limit their crossplay co-op to only other PS users. Not sure why you would want this since it's not competitive between players but maybe for the chat function? I've definitely co-opped with people clearly on PC who kept chatting me and I was like SORRY... I'M ON PS... SLOW...

lol or being on PS4 and being the slow loader of the group and people starting domains without you.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Yup I've linked my mobile account to a new PSN and have been comfy playing on my ps5 today. SO GOOD.

Would've been better if Ayaka came home today sigh. 40 more pulls to my guarantee pity.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I'm liking Inazuma thus far but fuuuuuuuuuuuuck that intro. Holy shit it feels like an hour of cutscenes before you can explore or do anything.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea what my pull plans are now. I only have like 4200 primos so pulling for Ayaka seems unwise, but I also very much do not want Raiden if she's a spear user. Spears are yuck, and I already have Razor at level 90 and full Constellation for Electro.

yes i'm aware i never take zhongli out of my party, zhongli is different

Not sure if I should try to get Ayaka to get some Cryo coverage (I have no leveled or 5* cryo units at this time) or just save until QUESTION MARK.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
Put 20 pulls in, got Yanfei and got the hell out. Back to saving!

tenor.gif

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I've found some of the "hazard" zones and I... really don't like it.

I feel like a lot of the world has a lot of random backtracking on puzzles and such that require you to upgrade the tree to then go back to then upgrade the tree to then go back. It feels really inorganic.

jRPG

Dec 13, 2017
I pulled for Mistsplitter, which I got, somewhere in the 10 pull between 67 and 77. I actually kinda wanted Skyward Spine too (for Xiangling & Rosaria). Which kind of opened me up to realising the epitomised path mechanic is still far from ideal. I got one of the two weapons I wanted, but because it was the one I charted a path towards, I built up nothing towards guarantee and essentially start again if I wanted to pull for the Skyward Spine. So for banners where you want both weapons (which I realise is a minority) there's still plenty of pain.

Haven't tried to pull for Ayaka yet. I have 45 pity of the limited character banner, so will pull casually over her banner. If I lose the 50/50 I'll swipe, I guess. No hurry, because I can't even farm her mats.

I wish we started out with a new Electro character, because the electro pool is so small, I keep having to switch a levelled character into my friendship team to farm the Sakura blossoms. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get out of the new mechanical array boss thing's lair. Had to teleport. There was an oculus on the map taunting me too.

Loving everything so far though. The story and side quests seem varied, which is one thing I've always liked about Genshin. The world design is amazing, I still… get distracted, led off on a tangent, exploring… I love that.

thematic

Oct 31, 2017
where (or when) can I farm Ayaka's level up and talent material?
I just got out the 1st area (to deliver a letter)

I can't wait to use Ayaka as DPS

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, if I can transfer my ps4 save to PC I will be estatic. There's so much lag on the ps4

Oct 27, 2017

Watch some story recap on youtube if you want to remember, but for Inezuma, it doesn't feel like it is connected. You travel there, and start meeting/doing work for Inezuma characters, and your goal is to find electro archon to get more details about the world.

You should do "We should be reunited" to see where the main character is in his own quest finding the sibling.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
Ayaka is the first Cryo user I've enjoyed playing. Her dash is still trash but it's not as bad as I was expecting and since it allows her to infuse it's still useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.