• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
I see we're still on the Gaming side, I'm guessing kaebie must have some dirt on the team!

btw. congrats on getting a mod, just... don't ban me please :P

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, you snooze, you miss page 1.

Anywho, Ayaka is likely in my future unless her dash still feels underwhelming, or tests for the character come back sour.

Happy to be getting a new area!

Inazuma here we come! :D

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Idk if I pull for Ayaka until I play test her. Xiao sounded awesome and then I play tested and his move set was a huge no for me.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
i am playing on NA, i usally start my daily and resin use after it reset
so i have 14 hours
some people says every new update comes, the resin reset back to 160, is that right?

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how long the exploration content will last. A couple days, a week, a couple weeks, even a month? Fact is we are only getting about half of Inazuma now. But I guess content can be more condensed than in Mondstadt and Liyue. Dragonspine already did that well.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018

this really sucks since kazuha was fun to play as but I'm not surprised since anemo is almost entirely five stars already and another one is just overkill at this point. there's only one 4 star anemo and another one coming soon

hell, the fact that I have venti (and I'm in desperate need for a cryo who isn't kaeya) is the reason why I held off on kazuha

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
I wonder how long the exploration content will last. A couple days, a week, a couple weeks, even a month? Fact is we are only getting about half of Inazuma now. But I guess content can be more condensed than in Mondstadt and Liyue. Dragonspine already did that well.

I know a lot of people are grumpy about the staggered release of the islands, but personally I'm grateful. I will not have the restraint to pace myself, to take modest little nibbles out of Inazuma & make it last. As far as I'm concerned, the staggered release is doing me a favor.

But I do hope we don't get *quite* such a dire content drought again. Fingers crossed.

Zophop

Apr 12, 2018
Fell out of interest with the game a few months ago as I gave away my gaming PC and it just doesn't play well on my phone so was looking to jump back in on PS5 with the launch of cross save. Sadly I'd already logged a couple of hours on the PS4 so it looks like I'd need to create a brand new PSN account just for Genshin?

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
My friend in Scotland had a US server account to play with me and other friends on mobile/PC. Will he be able to login to that account on PSN with his UK PSN account?

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
I see we're still on the Gaming side, I'm guessing kaebie must have some dirt on the team!

btw. congrats on getting a mod, just... don't ban me please :P

User Banned (Permanent): promoting a scam banner

giphy.gif

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Every weapon banner has been a scam banner

Except Homa/WGS, both weapons were top tier

Begaria

Oct 27, 2017
Kazuha had a lot going against his banner:

1. Released right before 2.0 which has had some long-time coming popular characters
2. He's an Anemo character in which Venti, Jean, and Sucrose can easily fill those rolls and players probably had at least one of them
3. His banner came after much more versatile or stronger characters (Zhongli re-run, Eula, Venti re-run, Ganyu, etc)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Each time a male character banner does poorly I fear Mihoyo might release even fewer male characters. :(

tok9

Prophet of Truth
Nov 2, 2017
I got Kazuha and love playing as him. Probably because I've no other real Anemo option but he just works so well with any party I have.

Was actually finally able to beat all the Abyss floors with him

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
Let us pray that Thoma, Gorou and the delinquent-type character mentioned in the leaked voice lines do well in the next banners.

Then again apparently we will not get a male 5 Stars for several patches so...

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
Think I've decided to go for Ayakas 50/50 but if I lose it then I will just keep saving for Yae and Raiden.

theyre just not gonna add more floors to abyss?
Yeah I really would love to know what miHoYo is thinking regarding Genshins endgame. Is this it? Are they planning to add something more? When?
How long are we going to be stuck with zero content to use new characters in? These easy events don't count :(

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
21st is a heck of a day for me, my sister's birthday, my 2nd jab, running around trying to find another Dualsense, and Inazuma to fit somewhere in there

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
About how long does 1-4 and the prequel stuff for 2 take?

Been slacking on the story for a long time since I don't play that much to begin with, but I finally did 1-3 recently so I can do get the teapot for the event that used it. Was hoping to catch up on more this morning, but other stuff came up and I was only able to do the Dainslief quest. I'm hoping I can get to Inazuma tomorrow at least, but there's other stuff I want to play too, so... if they're not quick it may be a few days.

doncortez77

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando, FL
I got Kazuha and his playstyle is fun and he shred shields with no effort. Plus he is good on my 2nd Spiral Abyss team when I have Venti on my first. I felt getting him was more enjoyable than another Cryo or Pyro DPS we have too many of those.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
i am playing on NA, i usally start my daily and resin use after it reset
so i have 14 hours
some people says every new update comes, the resin reset back to 160, is that right?

Just curious, what's your ping on the US servers?

I see people playing with Red ping, and no idea how they can tolerate that.

The yellow for my UK account is bad enough.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm satisfied with Kazuha. Makes Childe teams even more fun.

This is the first gacha I've played where I've seen people actually give a fuck about how each banner does financially. Seems pointless to me, but do what you do.

Kierric

Teyvat Traveler
May 3, 2020
Ayaka: Hi I'm-

Me: That's nice, where's Ayato? Is he cool? Is he tall? What element/weapon does he use? Where are you hiding him wait come back!!
Ayato is gonna be the blue oni to Thoma's red oni, I just know it! My baseless evidence:

Onis often come in red/blue pairs in Japanese media. Inazuma is based on Japan.

Thoma has his super stylish oni horns. He's red.

Ayato is rumoured to be hydro. His sister Ayaka has a blue-toned colour palette.

They're both part of the Kamisato household.

I believe.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Every weapon banner has been a scam banner

Except Homa/WGS, both weapons were top tier

Yep, that particular banner was too good to skip. I went into it fully expecting to pull WGS, especially after seeing Tectone pull 10 of them before getting one Homa.

I was shocked to get Homa first try. Probably why I've been getting Mona'd on every 50-50 since then.

Praying to the Archons that when Amos Bow is re-run, it's with WGS.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I'm satisfied with Kazuha. Makes Childe teams even more fun.

This is the first gacha I've played where I've seen people actually give a fuck about how each banner does financially. Seems pointless to me, but do what you do.

I mean, I didn't spend a penny on him but I have both him and his scam sword from the primos the game gave me
I feel like without seeing all the pull numbers it's not that helpful

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Kazuha's low sales are exactly why I was so desperate to get his C2 while I could. I still cry over Qiqi spooking Albedo's C2 on me, and who knows how long it'll be yet for him again. T__T

MHY making yet another anemo dude whose personality is basically a rehash and mixing of Albedo's and Xiao's (CN, not EN lol), that got a really lackluster archon quest and no character quest at all, and with Inazuma and anniversary on the immediate horizon?? Like they basically set this poor boy up to fail. I'm a dedicated cute boyo and husbando collector and do not regret pulling Kazuha in the slightest cuz he's fantastic and been a big improvement for my abyss teams, but even I am like jfc alright already, enough of the anemo boys!! lol
Like idk what MHY is on about making all the girls pyro/cryo and all the boys anemo/geo atm... it's very frustrating when you're primarily interested in one team over the other.

Anyway, mini rant aside. Yay 2.0 OT!! \o/

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think timing has much to do with Kazuha's performance. In CN he seems to have not been that much behind Eula, he still pulled in respectable numbers. (If anything, the Klee rerun is the real bomba.) Whales will whale regardless of timing, maybe a few dolphins held off and such but the real uber whales don't care about "timing". His drop in CN could just be down to Genshin in general declining in CN as competition and other games snatch up people who have grown bored with a game with no "purpose" after a point.

If you factor/add up some dolphings holding off due to "yet another" anemo 5* and timing, you can probably make up the difference. But I think the real decline is just uber whales getting bored.

Same reason MHY "fixed" weapon banner wishing, uber whales.

-----

The other issue is... he's just another nobody thrown into the gacha to then be forgotten again after his 5seconds of relevance. MHY keeps making these characters with no purpose or function other than to be gacha units with no story around them, and the they are forgotten again seconds later as soon as their banner ends.

Only unit they've done something with post-release has been Klee, Albedo, and perplexingly, Rosaria. Everyone else has basically been a gacha-only novelty.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
The other issue is... he's just another nobody thrown into the gacha to then be forgotten again after his 5seconds of relevance. MHY keeps making these characters with no purpose or function other than to be gacha units with no story around them, and the they are forgotten again seconds later as soon as their banner ends.

Only unit they've done something with post-release has been Klee, Albedo, and perplexingly, Rosaria. Everyone else has basically been a gacha-only novelty.

I think he's gonna have a lot more story importance than the likes of Eula who has absolutely no fucking point of being in the game, or Hu Tao
he's gotta go back to Inazuma with you and face Raiden over killing his buddy

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
This is my fear honestly. Like I said before it's leaning a lot towards one way with Inuzuma already and I am worried.
They're pretty consistently sticking with a 2:1 ratio atm, even with the Inazuma reveals in mind. Which is super frustrating still cuz it means the gap between male and female characters just gets wider and wider... it's something I complain about in every survey now. o<-<

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
If the game reduces even more the amount of male character releases it will be the clue for my gay ass to stop buying the Welkin.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I think he's gonna have a lot more story importance than the likes of Eula who has absolutely no fucking point of being in the game, or Hu Tao

I'm fairly certain he's gonna nope out of the game after his banner ends. I doubt we see him ever again outside of an event.

Eula and Hu Tao are literal nobodies though, yes.

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
Yeahhhhh....

Hu Tao is one of, if not my actual favorite characters in the game. She matters absolutely zero to the grander story, but I enjoy her personal story. I can only hope she shows up in a future "filler" patch type thing, especially if they do any sort of Halloween event.

I definitely imagine we'll see more from Kazuha, especially with a few of his voice lines and story things being locked behind quests we have yet to access (they show as ???). Plus isn't his family, the Kaedehara clan, kinda a big deal in Inazuma?

If we're talking Inazuma characters that likely won't matter too much to THAT plot, I imagine Yoimiya won't do much beyond her initial appearance, same with Sayu.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Yeahhhhh....

Hu Tao is one of, if not my actual favorite characters in the game. She matters absolutely zero to the grander story, but I enjoy her personal story. I can only hope she shows up in a future "filler" patch type thing, especially if they do any sort of Halloween event.

I definitely imagine we'll see more from Kazuha, especially with a few of his voice lines and story things being locked behind quests we have yet to access (they show as ???). Plus isn't his family, the Kaedehara clan, kinda a big deal in Inazuma?

If we're talking Inazuma characters that likely won't matter too much to THAT plot, I imagine Yoimiya won't do much beyond her initial appearance, same with Sayu.

Yeah Hu Tao had a strong introduction then left
It's crazy to me that she wasn't involved in the Rex Lapis story before her release seeing as a bunch of it was prepping a dang funeral

Scaramouche, Baizhu, Dainslief, Signora etc have dedicated fanbases from turning up early

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I'm fairly certain he's gonna nope out of the game after his banner ends. I doubt we see him ever again outside of an event.

Eula and Hu Tao are literal nobodies though, yes.

They explicitly say that he's coming back and he and beidou both have locked story parts for events that haven't happened.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Nice , new OT. Not rolling for Ayaka / Yoimiya before more info about the next version comes in though. can't wait to start to explore Inazuma.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Of course, you could future proof yourself as a character by changing your nationality to Mondstadt.

Then you'll always matter.

Unlike those peasants from Liyue.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ayato is gonna be the blue oni to Thoma's red oni, I just know it! My baseless evidence:

Onis often come in red/blue pairs in Japanese media. Inazuma is based on Japan.

Thoma has his super stylish oni horns. He's red.

Ayato is rumoured to be hydro. His sister Ayaka has a blue-toned colour palette.

They're both part of the Kamisato household.

I believe.
Thanks I'm fully invested in this theory now. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.