• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
You are literally the first person I ever heard say that Genshin's music isn't driving immersion into its game world or any similar sentiment.

but in composition and production value among the best you get in the video game business or film business

First of all, the discussion is about winning music awards, which means that we are comparing what can make the score win the award and not just sound good/create immersion. What drives the most immersion, and what makes the game's music matter the most?

Secondly, pretty sure that the orchestra is behind every major video game score, unless it is something completely synthetic or unique that orchestra cannot play. I am 100% wrong person to discuss which composer or orchestra is better.

Finally, it isn't about quality, it is about the immersion and quality being separate entries. A game where the music is being played in-world is instantly more immersive than the one where the music is just played for the player. It also translates to the scores where one aspect of game's music/sound is being incorporated into OST.

Plenty of highs in Genshin, like I said, some exploration music fits very well. But on the other hand, it does the Persona's mistake of playing the same Liyua music on every battle encounter in the open world. And the emotional beats of the story/dialogue are just nothing, a game where music connects with character's emotions/storyline can push the value of music way more even if it is identical in quality.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
another 33 star this month
i am okey with this
i can squeeze another star but why the bother? it's not worth it.
550 premogem is good.

rYsebQy.jpg

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I finally got around to doing the Azhdaha story chapter. After all of that Zhongli says he can't tell us anything about Khaenri'ah. Outside of getting access to the weekly boss I felt kind of disappointed with this chapter. The whole yin yang thing didn't land for me. And once again the mc not speaking for herself took away the emotion of the ending. With the way it was written I believe it was meant to convey a sense of desperation to find out more about her sibling, but that was completely lost when it was Paimon doing the lifting and we just get some text. I really hope they've reconsidered this stance for 2.0. I know they won't have because nothing actually changes with this game, but I'll hold hope nonetheless. I enjoy the story personally so I want to be more invested.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
So... does this indicate you could have 2 Welkin pass active at once if you swap between PC and PS?
〓About Top-Ups〓

Q1: Are Genesis Crystals purchased on iOS/Android/PC and on PlayStation shared between platforms via the cross-save function?

A1: No. After account linking, Genesis Crystals obtained on iOS/Android/PC and Genesis Crystals obtained on PlayStation will not be linked for the same account. This includes but is not limited to Genesis Crystals obtained via the following means: top-ups, refunds, and compensation for top-up errors for Blessing of the Welkin Moon and Battle Pass. Likewise, Genesis Crystals obtained by top-ups on PlayStation will not be displayed on iOS/Android/PC. When switching platforms, the Genesis Crystals from different platforms will not be displayed. Travelers can use these Genesis Crystals as per usual on the platform on which they were obtained.

For example, if Travelers top-up Genesis Crystals on PC and then play Genshin Impact on PlayStation, the Genesis Crystals topped-up on PC will not be displayed and cannot be used. However, Travelers can return to the PC platform to use these Genesis Crystals. If Travelers have topped-up Genesis Crystals on PlayStation, these Genesis Crystals will not be displayed and will not be available when playing the game on iOS/Android/PC. However, Travelers can return to PlayStation to use these Genesis Crystals.

After account linking, Primogems from the same miHoYo Account will be displayed on iOS/Android/PC/PlayStation and can be used on any of these platforms.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Uh? no, you only have one, the crystals if you didn't turn them into primogens stay on PC, or PS though.

man, this is confusing.

so if I get a welkin moon pass on mobile I can only get the dailies on mobile and vice versa on PS?

but if I get a character with my welkin wishes on either side of the spectrum, it's still a character I could play as on either console

so in essence, it's not much of a change but it's just weirdly complicated

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This.

PGR literally only scratches one itch that I feel Genshin lacks: combat. It plays more like a character action game and that's why I'm enjoying diving into its combat system.

Yeah I looked up some videos of combat specifically and it definitely reminds me of Automata/Astral Chain in a way. Kind of wish it was on PC though. Exploration seemed non-existent but I could be wrong.

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I looked up some videos of combat specifically and it definitely reminds me of Automata/Astral Chain in a way. Kind of wish it was on PC though. Exploration seemed non-existent but I could be wrong.
No, you are not wrong, the stages are barebones instances where you fight enemies or try to pretend you are stealthy

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I wonder if there are any plans for more Abyss floors in Inazuma otherwise I really wonder what the endgame will be like.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
I'm saving for the archon because they've all been too good and I didn't get Venti till the rerun and lost the 50/50 on the Zhongli rerun so I still don't have him.

Biiru

Oct 29, 2017
Need some help on choosing the best team comp. I'm getting a bit bored of this team. (Not with Venti though)

I'm using Razor (DPS), Venti, Jean, and Xiangling as my mains. They are all level 70.

My other characters that are at level 40/50 are Bennet, Fischl, Rosaria Xingqiu.

What should I do? ;_;

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Need some help on choosing the best team comp. I'm getting a bit bored of this team. (Not with Venti though)

I'm using Razor (DPS), Venti, Jean, and Xiangling as my mains. They are all level 70.

My other characters that are at level 40/50 are Bennet, Fischl, Rosaria Xingqiu.

What should I do? ;_;

in terms of priority levelling assuming they're all low constellation on general teams, probably Bennett > Xingqiu > Fischl > Rosaria
And as for best comp it depends what you're using them against
If you're dead set on wanting Razor, Rosaria being there to superconduct and reduce defences could work, having pyro with Razor can be kind of a pain due to even more knockback on his attacks with overloaded

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming that 2.0 will be ready on the 20th at night but regardless I'm most likely not gonna play it until tomorrow due me being focused on the NBA Finals with my team one win away from winning it all. So while I can't wait for Eula to meet her new best friend I'll have to wait longer lol

Oct 27, 2017
I think we are about to reach the point of "No more resin wasting".

Make those 5 condensed, save 150 for bosses, and the rest for after the patch. Especially for Ayaka people, you will want to power farm her boss materials.

What should I do? ;_;

Big question: are you planning on getting any new characters soon. Are you paying for welkin, or just F2P? I see you have fairly medium levels, so I will assume that leveling everything + future is not exactly possible, and you need to budget where to spend materials.

Biiru

Oct 29, 2017
in terms of priority levelling assuming they're all low constellation on general teams, probably Bennett > Xingqiu > Fischl > Rosaria
And as for best comp it depends what you're using them against
If you're dead set on wanting Razor, Rosaria being there to superconduct and reduce defences could work, having pyro with Razor can be kind of a pain due to even more knockback on his attacks with overloaded

Thanks, I'll focus on Bennet and Xingqiu first. I don't need Razor as my main DPS. I can also switch him.

Big question: are you planning on getting any new characters soon. Are you paying for welkin, or just F2P? I see you have fairly medium levels, so I will assume that leveling everything + future is not exactly possible, and you need to budget where to spend materials.

I recently bought the Welkin sub and I have saved enough gems for Ayaka - only for 1 pity though.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Thanks, I'll focus on Bennet and Xingqiu first. I don't need Razor as my main DPS. I can also switch him.

I recently bought the Welkin sub and I have saved enough gems for Ayaka - only for 1 pity though.

If you get Ayaka:
Jean, Xingqiu, Rosaria, Ayaka could be a good freeze team
Jean, Bennett, Xiangling, Ayaka for a melt team
or Bennett, Xiangling, Rosaria, Ayaka if you're comfy with Bennett's 70% healing

atm it seems like people are going for freeze to make the most of her ult

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If you get Ayaka:
or Bennett, Xiangling, Rosaria, Ayaka if you're comfy with Bennett's 70% healing

What about no healing with Ayaka, Xingqiu, Rosaria, Kazuha?

Oct 27, 2017
What about no healing with Ayaka, Xingqiu, Rosaria, Kazuha?

He doesn't have Kazuha.

It is not a good option for LVL70 anyway. And come on, ignore Bennet? Bennet + Ayaka are probably the lock-ins. Then you can have Xianling for Pyro synergy, and then the open slot.

Wait two days, see what kind of heroes you pull out, and plan around that.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
alright, I have a 80 rolls saved and 133 days left of welkin moon and here's my plan

1. quickly get a guaranteed ayaka (i brought all those welkin moon passes using old PSN gift cards I had laying around to get zhongli and I ended up not getting him but I rolled a ton) since I have no cryo characters aside from kaeya and qiqi (and she's a support gal)

2. roll on a yoimiya banner for the 50/50 sacrifice. I have a ton of good pyro people so if I miss out on her, I'm not gonna be too bummed

3. roll on baal's banner to get the guaranteed archon

bonus- did not know crossplay with PS4 would come soon and I have google survey money to spent on another welkin moon thing
Crossplay doesn't involve cross-buy functionality, you'll only be able to make purchases from PSN. Part of the gymnastics MHY's performing here to protect Sony's sacred 30% cut without opening themselves up to their other inane demands.

Just be careful if you do really want Baal lol, that Welkin's only worth like 70 rolls and Baal of course will only be guaranteed if you actually lose a 50/50 after getting Ayaka.

I have about 100 rolls banked, comfortable with Ganyu and plenty of pyro, just plain not rolling again until I have over 180 saved.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Crossplay doesn't involve cross-buy functionality, you'll only be able to make purchases from PSN. Part of the gymnastics MHY's performing here to protect Sony's sacred 30% cut without opening themselves up to their other inane demands.

Just be careful if you do really want Baal lol, that Welkin's only worth like 70 rolls and Baal of course will only be guaranteed if you actually lose a 50/50 after getting Ayaka.

I have about 100 rolls banked, comfortable with Ganyu and plenty of pyro, just plain not rolling again until I have over 180 saved.

eh, need a cryo more than I need an electro right now since I have three good electros in fischl, razor, and beidou (who is one constellation away from being complete) in contrast to my cryos who are...kaeya and qiqi

sorry baal, but you're expendable lmao

Biiru

Oct 29, 2017
If you get Ayaka:

Thanks, I'll try these out and see which ones work best for me.

WhisperOfMalice

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like she's coming sooner then expected, polearm user with ER, will surpass other electro users.
People in the comments are saying that she will use the leaked polearm that was once used to kill an archon. The polearm has energy recharge related passive. Full passive description : Energy Recharge is increased by 20%. When a Charged Attack hits an enemy, it will consume a small amount of Energy, which will increase that Charged Attack's DMG by 100%.

Last edited:

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Seems like she's coming sooner then expected, polearm user with ER, will surpass other electro users.
People in the comments are saying that she will use the leaked polearm that was once used to kill an archon. The polearm has energy recharge related passive

If this is true, this makes my Sunday. Saving for her, but man, the sooner the better.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
The thing is the new Archon coming close to the anniversary would make a lot of sense it just kind of goes against some of the other leak stuff we heard and 2.2 would already mean 2 patches from now so 12 weeks which isn't exactly close

WhisperOfMalice

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
We reckon the sword is just going to be part of her burst animation then?
I wouldn't be surprised if her burst costs 80, makes her pull out the sword and you go sword stance like Childe and every hit gives x amount of energy to the rest of the party or something. I feel like the one consistent thing we got from the leaks so far is her doing something with ER

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
She pulls a sword out of her chest. Why in the world would she be a polearm user?

Also, just putting this out there, but katanas are kinda iconic as swords go.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I wouldn't be surprised if her burst costs 80, makes her pull out the sword and you go sword stance like Childe and every hit gives x amount of energy to the rest of the party or something. I feel like the one consistent thing we got from the leaks so far is her doing something with ER

It would certainly feed into the rumours of her being somewhere between a support and a DPS. ER would be a great way of future-proofing her too.

If she could simultaneously dish out decent damage while topping up people's energy, she'd be excellent. It would also build on what they're doing with the electro traveler, in terms of ER.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
People in the comments are saying that she will use the leaked polearm that was once used to kill an archon. The polearm has energy recharge related passive. Full passive description : Energy Recharge is increased by 20%. When a Charged Attack hits an enemy, it will consume a small amount of Energy, which will increase that Charged Attack's DMG by 100%.
This is the og leak that came out a few months ago. Didn't realise it was circulating again. Apparently it got proven to be fake, but everything has pointed towards it being true so far so I believe in it. Specifically the travellers kit. It's always been reflective of the archon.
She pulls a sword out of her chest. Why in the world would she be a polearm user?
It's for the exact reason that people believe she's not an innate sword user. It would be weird for her to be using a sword, then pull out a different sword from her chest. The original leak, which apparently is now back in circulation, had her changing weapons with her burst from polearm to sword, which is why people are saying that. That animation lines up with that which is why I guess that leak is back now.

Witch of Miracles

One Winged Slayer
Jun 13, 2019
United Kingdom
I've been seeing people speculate that her ult will have a huge energy cost and that would be pretty neat, many for the cost of 160 energy she has that time freeze burst (the one leaked~ish forever ago)

Oct 27, 2017
Guys, Raiden is the NPC in every reputable leak so far.

Unless there are pictures/evidence, expect every leak and rumor about it to be make believe: either someone is having fun, or genshin youtubers need clicks.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Well we'll find out in a couple of days I guess. The og leak had story leaks in it as well, so if those come through then it'll look probable.

Status
Not open for further replies.