• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
In truth, there are two Genshin Impact games. The one with Zhongli, and the one without.

There is no overstating how much his shield trivialise the game. As an example, in the 1.5 domain with the two geo... things, I went from a tense 90sec of Barbara/Ganyu freezing combo, to a relaxed 40sec of just smashing away with Eula/Fischl. I can't remember the last time I died.

tinthoh

Jan 13, 2018
Considering he is right before Ayaka and Yoimiya it's okay I think. And it's still a fuckton of money.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
People will be ashamed of their words and deeds when Kazuha gets Albedo'd and never has a rerun.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Where does all this sales info come from?

Is this info officially reported by the app stores in those countries? Or is it extrapolated somehow by 3rd parties?

Not doubting its accuracy or anything just wondering how this info is obtained.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Kazuha is not someone who strikes me as underrated as Albedo was, but more so that people are skipping him for simple fact that more exciting characters are coming in the Inazuma update.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Kazuha is not someone who strikes me as underrated as Albedo was, but more so that people are skipping him for simple fact that more exciting characters are coming in the Inazuma update.
Or since banners are so slow in this game and we're just after a rerun, people just have enough primos saved up to get him if they want him.

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
Maybe things would have been different if he was the first hero featured in 1.6 and Klee after; Ayaka has been hyped for so long, anyone before her would fail in this circumstances.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Where does all this sales info come from?

Is this info officially reported by the app stores in those countries? Or is it extrapolated somehow by 3rd parties?

Not doubting its accuracy or anything just wondering how this info is obtained.
Mostly it's comparing positions on charts, then using officially released data to determine what the rankings mean, and so on. It's not an exact science, and it can be off, but the margin of error for most of them seem to be around 20%. Which is big, but it's quite useful when you compare it to itself over time, like one banner versus another. Spiking to position 3 versus 5 might not mean a lot of difference (what if another game had a banner on that day, or what if a new game came out, etc), but if it drops to 70 on day 2 for banner A versus 180 on day 2 for banner B, that'll paint a better picture.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I would have pulled for him, but I don't want to 180 him and I don't want any of the 4*s. Put Ningguang on a banner and I'll pull.
www.resetera.com

Punishing: Gray Raven - 3D action mobile game - Launching in English July 16, 2021

For those that liked Honkai Impact 3rd, and are looking for something new, fresh, and fun, here you go. Also has a Nier collab for you 2Bers, but what doesn't? Gameplay: Oh, and it has dudes.

Punishing: Grey Raven is out in a few weeks. If those that wanted to get into something similar to Honkai but don't like being years later, here you go.
Oh that's finally coming out? Nice. It looks good from what I've seen.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Mostly it's comparing positions on charts, then using officially released data to determine what the rankings mean, and so on. It's not an exact science, and it can be off, but the margin of error for most of them seem to be around 20%. Which is big, but it's quite useful when you compare it to itself over time, like one banner versus another. Spiking to position 3 versus 5 might not mean a lot of difference (what if another game had a banner on that day, or what if a new game came out, etc), but if it drops to 70 on day 2 for banner A versus 180 on day 2 for banner B, that'll paint a better picture.

Thanks for the explanation!

Oct 27, 2017
Got Kazuha to 89. Got enough books to get him to 4/9/9. Artifacts remain a mess, priority is rebuilding hero books to 600 and Mora to 8m.

Pros:
• Strong anemo support
• Strong without constellations
• Flashy animations
• Good stamina passive, fast E skill for jumps
• Decent 4* on the banner

Cons:
• Anemo has too many supports
• Too many supports need swords
• Aether's skin
• Bland personality
• Irrelevant to the world, probably going to end up like one-time characters as opposed to multiple appearances
• Took almost 80 wishes to get him

50% fuck Kazuha, 50% Kazuha is ok.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018

saw a bunch of art of these and realized something

they are like the only two characters whose color schemes aren't just the color of the element they use

tinthoh

Jan 13, 2018
I really liked Kazuhas gameplay in the preview so I tried my luck but lost the 50/50 and got Jean C1. Won't go for the next pity because I save for Ayaka.
Maybe next time.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Going off the same tweet, it did better than the reruns including the Zhongli rerun.

damn, that's shocking actually. zhongli is popular to meta and non meta guys so I expected his rerun to do well. I figured Klee's rerun did badly because she only did super well her first run cause she was the first new character

is Venti the only rerun that did well?

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Kazuha gameplay-wise is fun but his personality is boring as hell. He's like lesser Albedo but with poetry. Seriously didn't need another slow talking short guy. Where are my tall guys game!!!!

cormags

Mar 1, 2020
• Irrelevant to the world, probably going to end up like one-time characters as opposed to multiple appearances

He has a leaked character story and a second voice line about Sara that's currently still locked behind a non-identified quest. From reading them it's pretty obvious he's returning to the main arc.

can't same the same for complete nobodies like Eula lol

Last edited:

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kazuha is good in my book. Fun, but not broken. Not every unit needs to be hyped to all heavens or broken beyond belief.

saw a bunch of art of these and realized something

they are like the only two characters whose color schemes aren't just the color of the element they use

Shippers are weird sometimes.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Kazuha is so boring that his dead friend with no face or word manages to be more interesting.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I'm surprised his drop off is that good. Eula and Klee tanked by day 3 in china.

'He might end up like Childe who if you went by Peaks sold less than every body, but actually outsold Xiao and Ganyu.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017

oqfAadx.jpg

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Time to break up everyone's pooing on Kazuha with my super elated excitement over randomly pulling his C2!! :DD
I was on a 50/50 just 33 pulls since I got his C1 so I was really preparing myself for the worst here but omgg I'm so happy! I wanted his C2 so badly and I was dying inside at the thought of money I might have to spend to get it fjlka;f

Unfortunately this means I will not be helping to boost those sad sales numbers any higher this time, though. Sorry, Kazuha. I will be there to chase your C4 next time, though! ;w;

AkiraAkira

Dec 28, 2017
I'm surprised his drop off is that good. Eula and Klee tanked by day 3 in china.

'He might end up like Childe who if you went by Peaks sold less than every body, but actually outsold Xiao and Ganyu.

Considering his day 4 numbers are about even with Eula's day 4, that's really unlikely. Eula "tanked" all the way down to Kaz's peak, in other words. Also Childe never outsold Ganyu. The only place Childe did well relative to his cast was in Japan, and even then Ganyu, Klee, and Zhong still had him beat. And Kaz is doing worse than every banner so far in Japan.

I don't think Kaz is going to do worse than Klee or Childe rerun by the end of his banner but, going by the information we have so far, he's looking like he'll have the weakest revenue of all the new 5 stars - maybe even Albedo.

But as far as combat performance goes, everyone is saying how fun and amazing he is. So I'm sure the relative few who did roll him are very happy.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
the tweet about kazuha doing poorly has a lot of replies about him becoming the next albedo

as a guy who came into genshin in february and missed a bunch of banners and stuff, it seems like albedo was an unpopular choice but now people love him

what made him an unpopular banner and why are people so keen on him now aside from the scarcity since an unpopular banner has a less likely reroll chance

i suppose a lot of his unpopularity at the time was due to geo not being as good as it was now

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
the tweet about kazuha doing poorly has a lot of replies about him becoming the next albedo

as a guy who came into genshin in february and missed a bunch of banners and stuff, it seems like albedo was an unpopular choice but now people love him

what made him an unpopular banner and why are people so keen on him now aside from the scarcity since an unpopular banner has a less likely reroll chance

i suppose a lot of his unpopularity at the time was due to geo not being as good as it was now
Out of nowhere character, appearing in a 'filler' season with an element that was seen as pretty trash at the time.

Turns out he was pretty meta.

Kazuha's having a similar effect except, he's a lot more fun to play and REALLY meta.

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
Imagine hating Kazuha

But then I'm the person who is very very sad they missed Albedo and would love to get him, so...

I dunno. Nothing about Ayaka or Yoimiya excited me, at all. This game has plenty of cryo and pyro waifus already, and I missed Venti on his rerun, and the game hasn't given me a Jean, so... Having a good anemo unit, ESPECIALLY one as fun and useful as Kazuha, has been awesome.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Out of nowhere character, appearing in a 'filler' season with an element that was seen as pretty trash at the time.

Turns out he was pretty meta.

Kazuha's having a similar effect except, he's a lot more fun to play and REALLY meta.

Yeah, it looks like kazuha is suffering from the same fate albedo was from what I'm reading but also the opposite

Geo was bad so people didn't want albedo but in contrast to that, everyone knows how good anemo is so they already have a great anemo (since almost every anemo is a five star and the one 4 star anemo is amazing too) so they skip on kazuha

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
Guess it didn't help that he's the only character with a story quest where you can't actually try him out that I can think of. I was pretty surprised when I finished his story quest without ever getting to play him so I had no idea how good he was until that misty dungeon event that let me try him out.

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021

I really think the problem with Albedo at release was that he was a geo support at a time when we were all still hurting for strong DPS. Maybe part of this is just how my own luck played out, but my first five star was Venti & my second was Albedo. I love them both NOW, but back when I pulled them Fischl was my main DPS. I was fine in the overworld but couldn't really touch abyss & my roster felt so weak.

In retrospect we'd had Klee and Childe, both DPS-centric banner characters, so maybe my situation wasn't as universal. But I was a lot happier with Albedo after I had a couple of actual DPS characters built, when I could appreciate his support better.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Guess it didn't help that he's the only character with a story quest where you can't actually try him out that I can think of. I was pretty surprised when I finished his story quest without ever getting to play him so I had no idea how good he was until that misty dungeon event that let me try him out.
His story quest isn't out yet.

Funny thing is Albedo and Kazuha are really good together.

To be fair, Kazuha's good with literally everyone. He's got Bennett pre-c6 levels of just slot him anywhere. Like there are teams where you'd explicitly want him and not venti.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
wait, I forgot about the other geo characters not Zhongli or Albedo...

Yeah, he's not great with Ningguang or Noelle.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Albedo?
I distinctly remember spending a key to get his story quest and being surprised when I finished it. We hopped around Dragonspine and he drew a bunch of things...then I think I cooked him a fish...and then I think it was over.
I legitimately forgot that was his storyquest, I thought that was part of the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.