• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thyme

Jun 20, 2021
Having a real hard time deciding between saving for Ayaka or trying to go for C1 Kazuha. Kazuha's just so incredibly fun to play that I feel like investing more in him is worth it, but on the other hand, I expect that having a strong cryo DPS like Ayaka on my account (since I don't have Ganyu) would be a pretty big boost. It's a tough choice.

(What I really want is C2 Kazuha, and what I really want is C6 Kazuha, but I'm trying to be realistic here...)

Of course there's also the third option of skipping both Ayaka and Yoimiya and saving up for a potential Ganyu rerun.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I think you should never aim for Constellations unless it is something that makes or breaks the hero. This is, of course, the F2P/Welkin mantra where you cannot just throw money to get everything...

New Hero > New Weapon > Hero Cs > Weapon Rs

Don't you already reset E with Sac Sword? Maybe with Freedom sword you need some solution for ER problems... And C2 is just a steroid for EM, but since the character himself is already a Venti on steroids, would it really change anything?

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kaboom Ball kinda sucks.

Also why are we playing this again, we basically played it already for the exploration/event.

ArcticDonkey

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I would also love some Kaz dupes but chasing 5* constellations is too rich for my blood.

The exception being when Hu Tao comes back I'm absolutely going for that C1.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Kaboom Ball feels like a minigame that they cut from the summer event just so they could fill a dead week. As I mentioned earlier, it's just strange having us return to the area to search for Albedo (for reasons?) and then be like "Huh, look at this painting" and suddenly an event pops up. I imagine the event was there and probably unlocked when you completed the final part of the summer event but they removed it so they had something to run later on.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Having a real hard time deciding between saving for Ayaka or trying to go for C1 Kazuha. Kazuha's just so incredibly fun to play that I feel like investing more in him is worth it, but on the other hand, I expect that having a strong cryo DPS like Ayaka on my account (since I don't have Ganyu) would be a pretty big boost. It's a tough choice.

(What I really want is C2 Kazuha, and what I really want is C6 Kazuha, but I'm trying to be realistic here...)

Of course there's also the third option of skipping both Ayaka and Yoimiya and saving up for a potential Ganyu rerun.
If you don't have Ganyu then go for Ayaka.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
What to do...? :/
I really want Kazuha. Since I did his trial I really want him. He's like a second Venti, maybe not as strong but imo funner. He'd be great in my second Abyss team. I was going to sit out his banner, like I did with Klee before, because there are a couple Inazuma characters that I wanted to save up for. I only visually like them, I don't even know how they play yet, but I think Kazuha plays great and would be a fantastic addition to my team.
I'm about 60 pulls into the 50/50 chance pity and until is banner closes I could probably inch towards the pity triggering. I haven't spent anything in the game for a while, but wouldn't mind a Welkin Moon to help get to the pity.
Here's the big BUT though: Bennett! :( Who knew he'd bring me bad luck one day, lol. He is on the Kazuha banner and I have him at constellation 5 already. I do not want his C6, I also don't want that darn exclamation mark stalking me for the rest of my days. I am not sure if Kazuha is worth that... So far I was always very lucky with the 50/50 pity, but Imagine this time I'd get Bennett C6 and no Kazuha on top of that. D:

Before any dumb remarks, lol: Benny is still best boy and he enriches my team all the time. That is exactly why the possibility of his C6 haunts me so much. *sigh*
You're going to hit Bennett eventually if you continue to pull. Make peace with it and pull if you want the character. Honestly I kind of want Kazuha too but I'm waiting for the next Archon.

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually really enjoying the Kaboomball game, but I agree that it feels super tacked on being placed where it is -- made even worse by the whole initial excitement of thinking we're gonna see Albedo and some more character interactions again only to realize that nope, j/k, we're just playing a game he set up. Breaking up the event games so there aren't huge chunks of time with nothing is obviously smart, but they should have turned the story stuff into two parts, too, in that case. And tbh this feeds into a greater issue I have with Genshin as a whole lately: how a lot of events just kinda peter out with no strong ending/epilogue to them, leaving everything awkwardly hanging open and feeling unresolved. I mean, maybe there will be some little cute story quest end to these islands before 1.6 goes, but I'm highly doubting it at this point.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
i hated playing kaboomball in the islands but as a separate event, I like it a lot more and i'm way better at it for some reason

Witch of Miracles

One Winged Slayer
Jun 13, 2019
United Kingdom
Man this wait for Raiden and Inazuma story is killing me. I guess this is the downside of following leakers, i get completely fixated on a leaked character and can't think of anything else.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
10 hours until the reset for weekly
Will i her trash as usual or the gane pitty on me and gave me something good?

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Reminds me of some of my misadventures with Xiao

tenor.gif

I think you should never aim for Constellations unless it is something that makes or breaks the hero. This is, of course, the F2P/Welkin mantra where you cannot just throw money to get everything...

New Hero > New Weapon > Hero Cs > Weapon Rs

Don't you already reset E with Sac Sword? Maybe with Freedom sword you need some solution for ER problems... And C2 is just a steroid for EM, but since the character himself is already a Venti on steroids, would it really change anything?
Yeah, even if I whaled for characters I wouldn't want to submit myself to the 50/50 this many times for incremental upgrades.

Thyme

Jun 20, 2021

Sadly I don't have a Sac Sword, they refuse to appear for me. I'm using Iron Sting instead. But yeah, it's not worth going just for the constellation.

If you don't have Ganyu then go for Ayaka.

Yeah, that's why I'm probably going to go for Ayaka. I also don't have Zhongli so even if there was a Ganyu rerun after Yoimiya or something, I know the charged shot style is trickier to pull off if you don't have a super-shield.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Using Kazuha and Venti on the same team fucks with my muscle memory
I always hold e with Kazuha and tap e with Venti
I end up holding Venti's e and getting stuck in the stupid levitation animation getting slapped up

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
Getting real tired of your shit, Lynn.

Lynn is the best. You chat, you give her something cheap and plentiful, you get your points. The one I dread is the Dr Livingstone transport request, where you have to teleport to Windrise and give a package to Dr Edith. The quests expire if you try to hold onto them so if you were on your way to do something, too bad. You have to do the delivery immediately.

AkiraAkira

Dec 28, 2017
Lynn is the best. You chat, you give her something cheap and plentiful, you get your points. The one I dread is the Dr Livingstone transport request, where you have to teleport to Windrise and give a package to Dr Edith. The quests expire if you try to hold onto them so if you were on your way to do something, too bad. You have to do the delivery immediately.

Same. Lynn is like one of the handful of npcs that doesn't make you shuffle through your inventory. She's also came in clutch for me a couple of times when I was out of resin and needed a sliver more of exp to get a character to max friendship. She's my homegirl.

Amauri14

Oct 27, 2017
Danbury, CT, USA
You know when I failed to get Klee's C1 on her rerun banner and got another Qiqi instead, I honestly thought that I was going to be struggling to get Kazuha as usually, I need to pull 90 after I failed the 50/50. Luckily this time I got him on my first ten pulls:

1lpm7pL.png

F9XzeqN.png

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Hey guys,

I have two friends that just started this game today and when they got to rank 5 and unlocked the gacha, one of them had enough acquaint fates to pull on the newbie banner right away while the other only had a single fate. The first friend didn't pay for anything and of course didn't have glitter before his first ever pull so how the heck did he have at least 8 at that point? He didn't use primogems to pull but I don't think you can pull that way anyway for the newbie banner. Any clue how one had so many more than the other so early on? Do you remember if you were able to do the newbie ten pull right away when you first unlocked the gacha. My second friend is bummed he can't pull on it yet when the other could and I wouldn't want him wasting primos on that banner.

I appreciate any insight anyone might have!

Gala

Oct 25, 2017
Slowly working my way up to pity again after pulling Kazuha and just got 3 Bennetts (who is already C5 (C6)). Game please.

AkiraAkira

Dec 28, 2017
Hey guys,

I have two friends that just started this game today and when they got to rank 5 and unlocked the gacha, one of them had enough acquaint fates to pull on the newbie banner right away while the other only had a single fate. The first friend didn't pay for anything and of course didn't have glitter before his first ever pull so how the heck did he have at least 8 at that point? He didn't use primogems to pull but I don't think you can pull that way anyway for the newbie banner. Any clue how one had so many more than the other so early on? Do you remember if you were able to do the newbie ten pull right away when you first unlocked the gacha. My second friend is bummed he can't pull on it yet when the other could and I wouldn't want him wasting primos on that banner.

Did they check their mailbox? The only other thing I can think of is that the one friend who didn't get the acquaint fates started an account in genshin a while ago and stopped before they made it to AR 5. The gifts would have timed out before they got a chance to receive them. That actually happened to a friend of mine and they ended up creating another account and starting over to work around it.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Did they check their mailbox? The only other thing I can think of is that the one friend who didn't get the acquaint fates started an account in genshin a while ago and stopped before they made it to AR 5. The gifts would have timed out before they got a chance to receive them. That actually happened to a friend of mine and they ended up creating another account and starting over to work around it.
I had him check the mail but it's a real possibility he started the game a while back and quit early. So everyone gets enough fates in the mail to do one pull on the newbie banner for sure? Just want to make sure before suggesting he could start all over. Appreciate the thought, it sounds likely that was the issue! I'll check with him tomorrow

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
Hey guys,

Yeah you can use primos on the beginner banner. I took a look at a reroll speedrun and they had enough to finish the newbie banner but no aquaint rewards so dunno how to explain that. Guess the acquaints could've come from the mail from when the game was first released though, yeah.

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
You know when I failed to get Klee's C1 on her rerun banner and got another Qiqi instead, I honestly thought that I was going to be struggling to get Kazuha as usually, I need to pull 90 after I failed the 50/50. Luckily this time I got him on my first ten pulls:

1lpm7pL.png

F9XzeqN.png
Congrats. In my opinion he's definitely one of the best feeling 5 stars out.

Last edited:

AkiraAkira

Dec 28, 2017
I had him check the mail but it's a real possibility he started the game a while back and quit early. So everyone gets enough fates in the mail to do one pull on the newbie banner for sure? Just want to make sure before suggesting he could start all over. Appreciate the thought, it sounds likely that was the issue! I'll check with him tomorrow

Hopefully that's it. Keep me posted!

lemonade

May 8, 2018
I'm not sure if I'm finished with my Kazuha build or not? What do you guys think? Would a 4pc VV be better than 2 glad 2 VV?

I'm kind of tired of farming the domain ☹
Link to artifacts: https://imgur.com/a/6tzrZyp

ZeuD9zY.png

Looks like you are building him as a DPS but he is really best suited as a Support. Swirl only scales with EM and character level. So crit stats don't matter.

4 VV is a MUST for any good Anemo support. Also 218 EM is amateur level. At least get it to above 500 if you need to sacrifice a spot for ER.

Oct 27, 2017
Ok events:
• Puppet Boss
• Kaboom
• Boat Race

Trash:
• All island quests
• Camps on Water
• Klee Bombs

Perfectly balanced.

I don't know exactly what is the "Perfect" hit, but whatever, it is enough as a weekly filler activity. At least it isn't another kill goblins event...

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I love how Genshin can still surprise me sometimes, even after all these months. Today I got the 'In the Name of Favonius' achievement for following Rudolf's commissions to the end. I barely pay attention to commissions anymore, and certainly wasn't expecting anything exciting out of this one, but all of a sudden some shit was actually happening and there I was chasing Julliana down and finding out she's actually a treasure hoarder?! I doubt there's any follow-ups, but dang it now I wanna know what the other sister has to say about all this, or if Julliana will ever confess to Rudolf, and how he'd react if he knew. Gdi genshin, making me unexpectedly invested in these random NPCs' lives!

WhisperOfMalice

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like you are building him as a DPS but he is really best suited as a Support. Swirl only scales with EM and character level. So crit stats don't matter.

4 VV is a MUST for any good Anemo support. Also 218 EM is amateur level. At least get it to above 500 if you need to sacrifice a spot for ER.
Well I'm using a C6 Kazuha with Atk sands, the ER is from substats alone. I might farm till the end of this patch to see if I can get an EM sands and other great pieces to get 4 pc VV

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
so, today's journey

reached Rank 50 on the pass, took the blue wish

HMw8zL2.jpg

Gd5Iw5q.jpg

eLBkJHn.jpg

giphy.gif

then took the another blue wish from AR56

LxdsjmK.jpg

now i have 2 blue wishes
decide to pull (already have 7 on 4 star pitty)

6JIWzAl.jpg

and what a surprise...

TWO sharpshooter's Oath, Thanks mihoyu.

3IqCREf.jpg

then i siad duck it, let's get the battle pass

0rEKsmv.jpg

feelsgoodman.jpg

now let's try our luck in the weekly bosses

uh, all of them are trash, non gives me solvent dream, for the 3rd week in arow,
but at least finally killed the dragon in one phase

NPHLOfQ.jpg

wow, thanks eula.

almost gave up, decide to give the rock frog another chance.
Hu Tao, zhongli, bennet and Eula...LET"S DO THIS.

yp8GpRg.jpg

WHAT IS THIS? IS MIHOYU SPYING ON ME??
and 2 peices for Ayaka?
thanks.

my weekly is redeemed.

Last edited:

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
uh...seems there is an offical Ningguang figure

tk3lcf6jza971.jpg

7udstrgjza971.jpg

x7sasmuiza971.jpg

only $380

www.genshin.shop

[OFFICIAL PRE-ORDER] Ningguang 1:7 Figurine [Special Order]

PLEASE READ Ning Guang 1:7 Figurine Size: 270 x 300 x 300mm (including platform and backdrop) Material: PVC & ABS Battery type: Button battery (CR1220). [Battery is NOT included] This purchase will entail 2 shipments. The first shipment is for a free gift (Ningguang tapestry). It will be given...

sold out, second shipment on 2022

"The second shipment is for the figurine which is set for June 2022."

tenor.gif

lemonade

May 8, 2018

tk3lcf6jza971.jpg

7udstrgjza971.jpg

x7sasmuiza971.jpg

only $380

www.genshin.shop

PLEASE READ Ning Guang 1:7 Figurine Size: 270 x 300 x 300mm (including platform and backdrop) Material: PVC & ABS Battery type: Button battery (CR1220). [Battery is NOT included] This purchase will entail 2 shipments. The first shipment is for a free gift (Ningguang tapestry). It will be given...

tenor.gif

Announced a while back. That price is almost double the price of the CN price.

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck don't know if I'm going to regret not rolling for Kazuha, already have Venti and Sucrose(C4) built, but everybody keeps shouting how much of a good support unit he is.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck don't know if I'm going to regret not rolling for Kazuha, already have Venti and Sucrose(C4) built, but everybody keeps shouting how much of a good support unit he is.
Do you actually like the character/find him fun to play and have no other characters you want more in the immediate future? Go for it.
If you aren't really that interested in him other than "everyone says he's so good", don't. There's really no reason to pull for power in this game.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

tk3lcf6jza971.jpg

7udstrgjza971.jpg

x7sasmuiza971.jpg

only $380

www.genshin.shop

tenor.gif
$400, goddamn. I can see why though.

Status
Not open for further replies.