• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhisperOfMalice

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Basically, Tectone has been competing with Enviosity for months. He sees what Envi does, then does the same type of content. But not in an "inspiration" way, but in a way that makes him look better. For example, he did a giveaway, and literally put Envi's name in a title but did a bigger giveaway. He's baiting and passive-aggressively bullying Envi. Tectone actually name-checks Envi a LOT in his streams and videos.

Which isn't a problem if they're friends. But they're not. A lot of content creators have slightly antagonistic relationships for content, like Tyler1 and Yassuo in the League community. But this isn't their relationship. Tectone has repeatedly stated that his community hates Envi's community. He's fanning the flames. Then, finally, Tectone did this tournament thing that brought together a bunch of content creators called Genshin Guesser. He did not invite Envi. Totally fine, he can invite who he wants. And it's only episode one. But then when asked about "why no envi", he said that it was impossible to get in contact with Envi, which is total bullshit. Envi has open DMs on all his social media, and there are very, very easy ways to get collabs going with other content creators outside of DMs. This just once again is fanning the flames between their communities that the two content creators hate each other.

So it was kind of the straw that broke the camel's back. After months of passive aggressive comments and baiting, Envi has had enough and is on Twitch talking about it. Envi has been pretty open that he has some kind of mental health issues and that streaming/content creation is hard for him and that he doesn't appreciate the comments by other content creators about him.

And then Tectone published a HORRIBLE apology video. He says over and over that he can't control his community, that they'll say what they want. Bruh, your community is a reflection of YOU. Why do you think xqc has such a shit community whereas Cohh has a great one? Because people tend to follow people more similar to them than not. And if you're constantly poking at someone, your community is going to poke them too.

Envi might be over-reacting a little bit, and I think a lot of people are going to look at it and just say "bruh, who cares if he didn't invite you" when the issue isn't the lack of an invitation, but the months of bullying. Tectone just has no awareness. If you're poking someone repeatedly and they're either ignoring it or stating they don't like it, S T O P.
Great summary, I feel for envi.
I'm going through a similar thing at the moment at work that I don't know how to fix.

Oct 27, 2017

That is a good summary, but I expected more :(

The internet has taught me that squabbling drama attracts viewers, and looking at their viewershp/sub numbers, those people are wealthy... Knowing who is more honest, or more toxic just doesn't matter when at the end of the day, drama makes them both even more money. And it is a PVE game, in LoL streamers get to fight each other in either soloq (Tarzan vs NB), or streamer tournaments, so there is a confrontation.

You know I am a little toxic, so people being toxic on the internet do not "impress" me.

Oct 27, 2017
Asked this yesterday but no one responded so imma ask again: how do I get the Idle Teapot Talk quest to show up so I can invite companions to my home?

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
I have a feeling his friend isn't actually dead, Kazuha fled with the vision before... Or I hope so...

baal: "I got good news and bad news"

kazuha friend: "What's the good news?"

baal: "you impressed everyone here enough to live and keep your vision?"

kazuha friend: "what's the bad news?"

baal: some guy came in here talking about how he's your friend and just snatched your vision and ran away"

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
Basically, Tectone has been competing with Enviosity for months. He sees what Envi does, then does the same type of content. But not in an "inspiration" way, but in a way that makes him look better. For example, he did a giveaway, and literally put Envi's name in a title but did a bigger giveaway. He's baiting and passive-aggressively bullying Envi. Tectone actually name-checks Envi a LOT in his streams and videos.

Which isn't a problem if they're friends. But they're not. A lot of content creators have slightly antagonistic relationships for content, like Tyler1 and Yassuo in the League community. But this isn't their relationship. Tectone has repeatedly stated that his community hates Envi's community. He's fanning the flames. Then, finally, Tectone did this tournament thing that brought together a bunch of content creators called Genshin Guesser. He did not invite Envi. Totally fine, he can invite who he wants. And it's only episode one. But then when asked about "why no envi", he said that it was impossible to get in contact with Envi, which is total bullshit. Envi has open DMs on all his social media, and there are very, very easy ways to get collabs going with other content creators outside of DMs. This just once again is fanning the flames between their communities that the two content creators hate each other.

So it was kind of the straw that broke the camel's back. After months of passive aggressive comments and baiting, Envi has had enough and is on Twitch talking about it. Envi has been pretty open that he has some kind of mental health issues and that streaming/content creation is hard for him and that he doesn't appreciate the comments by other content creators about him.

And then Tectone published a HORRIBLE apology video. He says over and over that he can't control his community, that they'll say what they want. Bruh, your community is a reflection of YOU. Why do you think xqc has such a shit community whereas Cohh has a great one? Because people tend to follow people more similar to them than not. And if you're constantly poking at someone, your community is going to poke them too.

Envi might be over-reacting a little bit, and I think a lot of people are going to look at it and just say "bruh, who cares if he didn't invite you" when the issue isn't the lack of an invitation, but the months of bullying. Tectone just has no awareness. If you're poking someone repeatedly and they're either ignoring it or stating they don't like it, S T O P.
holy shit, i recently noticed Tectone become more toxic.

i really like envi, hope he become well soon.

anemovision

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Aug 8, 2018
Nope, just "maybe you're not used to this place.." etc. etc. Still at Trust Rank 1 though, but the game says I should be allowed to invite a companion at this rank?

that's probably it, just build a bunch of new furniture, can buy blueprints from two people one in mondstadt and one in the village to the north west of liyue

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone who uses the excuse "it's impossible to contact Envi" is lying out of their assholes. 100 bits can make sure you "contact Envi" on his stream and he'll notice you. I've "contacted Envi" by leaving a 100 bit donation and he came to my fucking Teapot while he was streaming - Envi is a goddamn real one.

Atsu calls Envi up while Envi is streaming and immediately derails Envi for hilarious Atsu shit (which is fine, they're friends and they have a good symbiotic stream relationship going on).

And who would hate Envi's Twitch community? Twitch communities when they get large are almost always shit, and as far as large Twitch communities go, Envi's is one of the way more wholesome ones.

Tectone showing his ass more and more here.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Tectone is a piece of shit. He was partially responsible for driving JinJinx off youtube and it doesn't surprise me that he targeted Enviosity as well.

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The meltdown at the end was hard to watch, I hope Envy takes a break and distress. This all feels like high school drama and Tectone is the huge bully.

anemovision

Aug 8, 2018
Confused though because it says I can bring companions in at Rank 1?

pchNbpM.png

do you have this in your inventory?

if so you should see this:

V6hZc5T.jpg

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I really need to figure out the best gear setups for Diluc and Kazuha. Right now I have the Proto-Archaic and 4-piece Gladiator (ATK%/Pyro DMG/Crit DMG) on Diluc, and on Kaz I have the Skyward Blade and 4-piece Venerer (ATK%/El. Mastery/Crit DMG). I'm sure I could be doing better, but the drop rates on actually useful primary stats still feel so low. :X

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
I really need to figure out the best gear setups for Diluc and Kazuha. Right now I have the Proto-Archaic and 4-piece Gladiator (ATK%/Pyro DMG/Crit DMG) on Diluc, and on Kaz I have the Skyward Blade and 4-piece Venerer (ATK%/El. Mastery/Crit DMG). I'm sure I could be doing better, but the drop rates on actually useful primary stats still feel so low. :X
Outside of 5* weapons, the proto archaic might be the best weapon for Diluc. Serpent's Spine from the BP is a solid choice but is more Abyss/Domain focused because he's always gonna be lighting himself on fire and losing the buff in the field.

I'm actually also gradually trying to spec my Diluc better. I've had him at 4x gladiators just because those are so plentiful and I've had with good stats, but I think 4x crimson witch or 2 of each is more ideal. But Atk%/Pryo Dmg/Crit Dmg is indeed what you want to build on him.

ArcticDonkey

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Welp, I caved and blew my pity and got Kaz. Bang on 75 as usual.

I kind of went for it just to have something to grind for till Inazuma. I'm also not super hot on the two upcoming DPS ladies. Already have Hu Tao and Ganyu to fill their niche.

I actually got the roughest part of the grind out of the way by getting a full VV EM set. Now it's just mora, talent books, two bosses and a heap of whopper flowers to chip away at... fuck.

Cool plunge though.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I finally got around to playing the Reunited quest. Hadn't had time to set aside for it, but everything I needed to know was in the trailer so I wasn't too bothered (outside of missing out on the new weekly boss). I like Paimon as a character, but that quest is the best example of why a voiceless mc doesn't work in this game. The emotions of it were just completely removed by Paimon having the conversation with Aether instead of Lumine.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I finally got around to playing the Reunited quest. Hadn't had time to set aside for it, but everything I needed to know was in the trailer so I wasn't too bothered (outside of missing out on the new weekly boss). I like Paimon as a character, but that quest is the best example of why a voiceless mc doesn't work in this game. The emotions of it were just completely removed by Paimon having the conversation with Aether instead of Lumine.

Yup. It's a really dumb way of delivering major story beats. Both because Paimon's screechy, overly cutesy-wutesy voice makes it impossible for any reasonable drama to be delivered, and because the main character just stands around like a mannequin during scenes that should be pivotal to them.

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021

I actually really like Paimon and I still think this is correct. I think Paimon would be more fun if we could hear her fun banter with the traveler, both of them going back and forth, and if they each got to play their *own* role, instead of having Paimon shoulder both. Paimon could make her jokes & also do the exposition, and the Traveler could do the heroism and the emotional heavy lifting.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
What to do...? :/
I really want Kazuha. Since I did his trial I really want him. He's like a second Venti, maybe not as strong but imo funner. He'd be great in my second Abyss team. I was going to sit out his banner, like I did with Klee before, because there are a couple Inazuma characters that I wanted to save up for. I only visually like them, I don't even know how they play yet, but I think Kazuha plays great and would be a fantastic addition to my team.
I'm about 60 pulls into the 50/50 chance pity and until is banner closes I could probably inch towards the pity triggering. I haven't spent anything in the game for a while, but wouldn't mind a Welkin Moon to help get to the pity.
Here's the big BUT though: Bennett! :( Who knew he'd bring me bad luck one day, lol. He is on the Kazuha banner and I have him at constellation 5 already. I do not want his C6, I also don't want that darn exclamation mark stalking me for the rest of my days. I am not sure if Kazuha is worth that... So far I was always very lucky with the 50/50 pity, but Imagine this time I'd get Bennett C6 and no Kazuha on top of that. D:

Before any dumb remarks, lol: Benny is still best boy and he enriches my team all the time. That is exactly why the possibility of his C6 haunts me so much. *sigh*

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
I really want Kazuha. Since I did his trial I really want him. He's like a second Venti, maybe not as strong but imo funner. He'd be great in my second Abyss team. I was going to sit out his banner, like I did with Klee before, because there are a couple Inazuma characters that I wanted to save up for. I only visually like them, I don't even know how they play yet, but I think Kazuha plays great and would be a fantastic addition to my team.
I'm about 60 pulls into the 50/50 chance pity and until is banner closes I could probably inch towards the pity triggering. I haven't spent anything in the game for a while, but wouldn't mind a Welkin Moon to help get to the pity.
Here's the big BUT though: Bennett! :( Who knew he'd bring me bad luck one day, lol. He is on the Kazuha banner and I have him at constellation 5 already. I do not want his C6, I also don't want that darn exclamation mark stalking me for the rest of my days. I am not sure if Kazuha is worth that... So far I was always very lucky with the 50/50 pity, but Imagine this time I'd get Bennett C6 and no Kazuha on top of that. D:

Before any dumb remarks, lol: Benny is still best boy and he enriches my team all the time. That is exactly why the possibility of his C6 haunts me so much. *sigh*
In all honesty, if C6 Bennett is the main cause of concern, make peace with it and roll: you're going to find him in another banner eventually and if not, there's always the chance you'll find him in the standard banner (or even on the weapon banner, if it's your thing). If you want Kazuha, it's a sacrifice worth making. I have C5 Bennett as well with a ever lasting exclamation mark and didn't even get what I wanted lol (Rosaria)

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017

Put post it note on your screen over the exclamation point, problem solved

giphy.gif

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017

Put it this way. Are you okay waiting 6+ months to get him?

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
In all honesty, if C6 Bennett is the main cause of concern, make peace with it and roll: you're going to find him in another banner eventually and if not, there's always the chance you'll find him in the standard banner (or even on the weapon banner, if it's your thing). If you want Kazuha, it's a sacrifice worth making. I have C5 Bennett as well with a ever lasting exclamation mark and didn't even get what I wanted lol (Rosaria)

This exactly. I have the exclamation point and it's annoying and... I dunno, the game still works. Hopefully eventually they'll fix it. Don't let the annoyance stop you from getting a character you really want.

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

I'm also on the side of go for it if you really want Kazuha. You're gonna get that C6 Benny at some point anyway, and passing on characters you want to delay something inevitable is just a recipe to make you extra salty later. 'Sides, it really only takes about two weeks before you stop noticing the dot. (Take it from me, who's been cursed with it since all the way back on Albedo's banner lol.)

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Put post it note on your screen over the exclamation point, problem solved

giphy.gif

Lol. Someone mentioned that before.

Since when are you a...I don't even dare to speak out the word. :x
Congratz are in order though!

Put it this way. Are you okay waiting 6+ months to get him?

You mean for his banner rerun? What if Benny is on that banner too? ;) I guess in 6 months I already have Benny at C6 anyway. It is only a matter of time.

You're gonna get that C6 Benny at some point anyway

LimitedGoodnaturedHornet.webp

anemovision

Aug 8, 2018

glad you've finally seen the light, kazuha is great

going after his c1 I now have benny c6 notification on both my accounts, I already kinda got used to it.

alphacat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Should I play this on PS5 or my PC (3080)? Both are capable of 4K60 it seems but do PlayStation players get shafted in anyway? Not interested in playing on mobile, fwiw.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Kazuha is worth it. I have him at Level 70 right now and I absolutely love how he plays.

It's funny, I started playing this game right at the beginning because I saw a beta video of Xiao and I was like, "I have to get this game just for him". Now I barely use him. Hu Tao has taken over as my favorite character and now Kazuha is not far behind. I might triple crown this guy.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
I'm at C4 Benny so I've got two more until I'm afflicted by the c6urse.

I had the new character notification because I didn't clear Kazuha from my list and it was bugging me so much because I'd go into characters, see nothing, bounce out and it'd go only to come back a bit later. Having it there for Bennet will drive me literally insane.

Should I play this on PS5 or my PC (3080)? Both are capable of 4K60 it seems but do PlayStation players get shafted in anyway? Not interested in playing on mobile, fwiw.
I'd say play on PC if you can as you have more flexability, PC account is cross progression on mobile whereas PS account is locked down to PS. On PC you can then play on your phone if you want to do dailies or just log in to claim stuff and it's easier to jump around between devices. Also I remember hearing PS players having trouble with the web events, but I think that was fixed?

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
You mean for his banner rerun? What if Benny is on that banner too? ;) I guess in 6 months I already have Benny at C6 anyway. It is only a matter of time.
Just imagine how salty you'll be if you skip Kazuha because of C6 Bennett only to get C6 Bennett on your next standard pulls right after.
Or Mihoyo removing the exclamation mark in 1.7.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017

I'm in a similar spot although I'm on 33 pulls with the pity being a guaranteed Kazuha since I lost the 50/50. I don't have Venti so he'd be good for me but Ayaka though, she seems pretty dope.

I wonder how many primogems we'll be able to get before she drops.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Ayaka and Yoimiya look cool but I dunno if I want to pull on them. I think I've got enough, or will have enough, to hit the 50:50 pity on the next banner I want and I kinda want the next Archon (I'm still salty I didn't get a Venti and I tried for him both times! ).

I could've not pulled for Kazuha but I got him in like 20 pulls or something and that was a 50:50 pull anyway, was trying to bait it out so my next would be a banner pity but I also wanted budget Venti so it was a win-win. Still, I know my next is going to be an off banner because my last two have been

Oct 27, 2017
Do I want to buy Welkin... Do I expect to ever make use of those characters instead of just collecting them...

What is the trend of these gacha games: Does Gran Blue or Fate keep going year-after-year, never making old lootbox items common/easy to get, and never resetting progress with new iterations of the game?

Kazuha is better than Venti. Even if enemies survive layers of skills, permafreezing or overloading keeps them cc'ed. Sacrificial Sword solves any energy problems. Higher damage values, higher base ATK, EM as hero stat, boosting entire party's elemental damage, never failing ultimate into a random mosquito. Monster, as expected, and if you ever get C1-C2, unbeliebable.

Aiming for 4/9/9. At least one more day until the final sea plants respawn. Already have 6 gems, cash, books etc. I should be a cuck and dedicate a week in the VV dungeon, looking for some pieces...

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Finally going to start Childe's quest in the coming days. Excited. I like the dude, so I'm hoping he continues to deliver.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
All those times I misspelled Tartaglia's name were only because I was jealous of his cool boots tbh.

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Got plenty of time to chase Kazuha C1, think I will do that. Almost cost me 180 rolls to get him in the first place, damn keqing :<

Status
Not open for further replies.