• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Decided to risk my 50/50 and got... Jean. Kinda bummed since Kazuha seems pretty fun in a Childe comp, but Jean is alright and will help with those lector shields in abyss. Sure have lost all my 50/50s lately lol, but at least it wasn't another Qiqi

Will probably be saving my guarantee for a while since I'm not super interested in the upcoming characters so far.

Meleina

Oct 25, 2017
I finally beat Abyss! I only managed to get 3 stars but a win is a win!
First team: Kazuha, Tartaglia, Beidou, and Bennett
Second team: Xiao, Rosaria, Xingqiu, and Diona

So glad I got Kazuha. He's really fun to play. Really great with the swirling too. He was definitely great in the Abyss.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
With Kazuha, I now have a solid 12 favorite/most used characters.

m47zgvr8cuaf1c8zg.jpg
t1sy585ceikxoa5zg.jpg
jptbjzq3pvuaepyzg.jpg
tvvdger66lr98z4zg.jpg

hhxgh8scoi88ldczg.jpg
4n82vle5iaamdi8zg.jpg
51279053352_cbda86b55f_o.jpg
lttniwef7gj8jr3zg.jpg

blh4a98iditgl4bzg.jpg
xtvr3sdk8i6vhn2zg.jpg
e2ikad1m0spejmxzg.jpg
evgy2jttiza9maxzg.jpg

Unless Shogun is absolutely broken, probably going to focus on getting all of these to level 90 from now on. 7/12 for now, working on Kazuha.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I've watched so many videos on Kazuha. I really do want him, if nothing else than just to test him in various comps. But the F2P life is rough in this game and there's a few things I really want, so I have to pass this time. I'll probably keep torturing myself with videos though.

I hope the recent Klee banner makes them reconsider having rerun banners be 3 weeks. Are they really going to put up characters that did poorly (so far) on their first banner (like Albedo and Kazuha) for 3 whole weeks? From a business standpoint there's little reason to do so, but I don't want limited characters getting lost to the void either.

A number of gachas put up multiple heroes on their banners and have their characters rotating their rate up each day, or allow you to select one of them when you hit pity. If Genshin did something like that it would decrease the really long wait for reruns that the 3 week banners cause, it's likely more profit for Mihoyo during those banners with literally no extra work, and for the few that like 3 week banners as it gives them more time to save they still have that.

I don't expect anything like that to happen ofc. Just tired of the game really feeling like it's dragging with the 3 week banners.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I see they still haven't patched in petting cats/dogs yet. For shame, Mihoyo. You promised this all the way back at launch!

Oct 27, 2017
I don't expect anything like that to happen ofc. Just tired of the game really feeling like it's dragging with the 3 week banners.

Yes, we are all bored. It feels like you either have gems to unload, or you don't, and all the fun ends within a couple days of the banner, leaving two weeks of "dead" promotion.

But... you don't have gems, mate. What difference does it make whether the banner is 2 or 3 weeks if we cannot afford it. The only real positive of faster banners would be the rotation of weapons for me, gunning for the double good 5* combo with useful 4*. As far as characters go, I am just too poor to care about more banners because it wouldn't solve any of my issues or wishes.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It is over. It is done. Now to find Zhongli's proper gear again, it's scattered all over.

• Fischl: Necessary for the Oceanid part of the fight. Her electro ability does a lot of damage here that's essential for Phase 1. 2p Bolide for some Shield Strength, and 2p Thundering Fury for some extra electro damage. The Bolide gear was swapped in just for this challenge.
  • Eula: My main damage dealer. I got sloppy enough that I had to revive her twice in the same fight - oops. Despite the physical damage debuffs, she still brought the pain when it was needed. 4p Bolide for Shield Strength and as much extra auto-attack strength as possible. The Bolide gear was swapped in just for this challenge.
  • Zhongli: I replaced every single artifact on Zhongli to max his HP. Since I don't have Homa, I replaced his 5-star Jade Winged Spear with a 3-star Black Tassel just to have more HP. Usually he's a good damage dealer, but his 50k+ HP build here has one purpose: shield strength. 4p Archaic Petra, but it wasn't much of a help except with boosting Albedo's passive damage or Fischl's passive damage. The HP was the important part since that translates into extra shield strength.
  • Albedo: His passive damage is exceptional, and he was the secret sauce that made this team work through every phase. 4p Millelith is always exceptional on him since it's proccing all the time, and it's even better than usual on this fight since the team needs as much shield strength as it can get.

The key is stacking Zhongli's shield strength as much as you can to counter the -50% shield strength and +100% cooldown timer modifiers:
50k HP Zhongli + Moon Pie (+35% shield strength) + 4p Millelith on Albedo (30% shield strength) + 2p Bolide (+35% shield strength) is just enough to allow Eula to survive the huge damage.

There's still a 4 second shield gap with the increased cooldowns no matter what you do, so you just have to play around it as best as you can.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
But... you don't have gems, mate. What difference does it make whether the banner is 2 or 3 weeks if we cannot afford it.
I actually do have gems lol that's my problem. I'm tired of waiting for the things I want. If I was at guaranteed I would probably go for Kazuha, but I don't want to do 180 pulls for him.

But either way, I'm not saying for the banners to be less than 3 weeks. I'm just saying reruns should be coming more quickly because 3 weeks of a character we've already had, that barely anyone is pulling for, is just a waste of time for both Mihoyo and the consumer, and just adds to the frustration of having to wait for the character you want to return. If they were coming back more frequently it wouldn't feel so shit when you can't afford to do 180 pulls for their one appearance in like 9 months, as you know you'll have another chance in the nearish future.

Ofc, Mihoyo love their fomo though so I understand why they do this, even when it means taking less profits for 3 weeks.

Oct 27, 2017
I actually do have gems lol that's my problem. I'm tired of waiting for the things I want. If I was at guaranteed I would probably go for Kazuha, but I don't want to do 180 pulls for him.

Oh, you have gems, you just want different things... I don't understand the second sentence, it is... inevitable that you will gamble for 50/50.

Well, I guess it is a good case for faster rotations. When I empty my socks, these banners become irrelevant... It is sometimes even a relief that the new banners aren't sexy when you are down in wishes. Shogun, Ganyu rerun, 5* greatsword.

I think once they have more characters, the system is going to change anyway. Mainly to facilitate better cash extraction, nothing to do with player convenience.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It is over. It is done. Now to find Zhongli's proper gear again, it's scattered all over.

• Fischl: Necessary for the Oceanid part of the fight. Her electro ability does a lot of damage here that's essential for Phase 1. 2p Bolide for some Shield Strength, and 2p Thundering Fury for some extra electro damage. The Bolide gear was swapped in just for this challenge.
  • Eula: My main damage dealer. I got sloppy enough that I had to revive her twice in the same fight - oops. Despite the physical damage debuffs, she still brought the pain when it was needed. 4p Bolide for Shield Strength and as much extra auto-attack strength as possible. The Bolide gear was swapped in just for this challenge.
  • Zhongli: I replaced every single artifact on Zhongli to max his HP. Since I don't have Homa, I replaced his 5-star Jade Winged Spear with a 3-star Black Tassel just to have more HP. Usually he's a good damage dealer, but his 50k+ HP build here has one purpose: shield strength. 4p Archaic Petra, but it wasn't much of a help except with boosting Albedo's passive damage or Fischl's passive damage. The HP was the important part since that translates into extra shield strength.
  • Albedo: His passive damage is exceptional, and he was the secret sauce that made this team work through every phase. 4p Millelith is always exceptional on him since it's proccing all the time, and it's even better than usual on this fight since the team needs as much shield strength as it can get.

The key is stacking Zhongli's shield strength as much as you can to counter the -50% shield strength and +100% cooldown timer modifiers:
50k HP Zhongli + Moon Pie (+35% shield strength) + 4p Millelith on Albedo (30% shield strength) + 2p Bolide (+35% shield strength) is just enough to allow Eula to survive the huge damage.

There's still a 4 second shield gap with the increased cooldowns no matter what you do, so you just have to play around it as best as you can.

Mad lad

Thyme

Jun 20, 2021
But either way, I'm not saying for the banners to be less than 3 weeks. I'm just saying reruns should be coming more quickly because 3 weeks of a character we've already had, that barely anyone is pulling for, is just a waste of time for both Mihoyo and the consumer, and just adds to the frustration of having to wait for the character you want to return. If they were coming back more frequently it wouldn't feel so shit when you can't afford to do 180 pulls for their one appearance in like 9 months, as you know you'll have another chance in the nearish future.

It'd be pretty cool to have some shorter-run rerun banners between new characters, or possibly overlapping with them towards the end of a new character banner. Maybe have a week-long rerun banner overlapping with the last week of an event banner, maybe a couple of week/week and a half-long rerun banners when there's no new character release, things like that.

They're definitely going to need to find a way to rotate older character reruns more quickly, or concurrently with event banners, as the character roster grows. The more new characters there are, the farther apart each rerun gets, and that's going to be really frustrating for newer players eventually.

Mihoyo's in the business of FOMO, like all gacha game devs, but there's also a balance that has to be struck. Enough time between character reruns to inspire FOMO when the banners come around, but not so long that if someone misses a "must-pull" character (either due to not playing then or losing the 50/50 or just not having the gems/money), they're just completely without hope. That wears a player down.

Last edited:

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Going to kill bosses with friends tomorrow like we do every sunday. Ready to be disappointed by no sword billet.

Congrats! After getting a Diluc constellation on the 50/50, I'm just 11 pulls off guaranteed pity now, which seems so close and yet so far away! ;_;
Thank! And yeah, even when it's a certaintity it takes sooo long. I'm glad you'll get him too!

Last edited:

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, you have gems, you just want different things... I don't understand the second sentence, it is... inevitable that you will gamble for 50/50.
Sorry, to clarify, the thing that I want in the immediate future is the new sword, which is (if the rumours are true) on the next weapon banner. That's why I can't pull rn. Granted that is also a 50/50 (cause I got off banner last time I pulled on it), but getting that sword enhances the characters I've already built, as opposed to having to build a new character from scratch (and I'm still trying to build YanFei atm). And if I don't get it it may still be something useful (I don't remember the last time we had wgs or primordial jade spear). That's why it feels like a better option to spend my primos on this time round. But I'm conscious that I'll need to wait a really long time before he returns, especially if they take revenue into consideration for who should be rerun next.

Oct 27, 2017
Deep inside, we all want 5* weapons

Whenever some whale streamer opens his inventory, the first page is all yellow 5* items. Instant envy ;(

Going to farm up on wheat-books for Kazuha tomorrow. Aiming for 4/8/8, will take couple more days until the sea plants regrow, then he can go all the way to 89. I need a red-trimmer Sacrificial Sword, the blue-purple one isn't looking great on Kazuha.

Last edited:

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Deep inside, we all want 5* weapons

Whenever some whale streamer opens his inventory, the first page is all yellow 5* items. Instant envy ;(

Going to farm up on wheat-books for Kazuha tomorrow. Aiming for 4/8/8, will take couple more days until the sea plants regrow, then he can go all the way to 89. I need a red-trimmer Sacrificial Sword, the blue-purple one isn't looking great on Kazuha.
Sacrificial Sword belongs to my Xingqui. I might put an ER Sands on Kazuha to see if that's better.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
One day I will have some kind of 5* dildo... Until then, everybody is sharing:

Sacrifial Sword - Xinqui and Kazuha
Festering - Albedo and Bennet

If bosses drop prototypes, I will invest into String, but at the moment, only one in the bank.

The 3 star Harbinger of Dawn is better on Albedo anyway, if you're just worried about flower damage. Base attack means nothing on Albedo's E and that's all I bring him for.

Oct 27, 2017
The 3 star Harbinger of Dawn is better on Albedo anyway, if you're just worried about flower damage. Base attack means nothing on Albedo's E and that's all I bring him for.

That might be a good alternative, but damn it, do I want to invest into a 3* item... Truth to be told, I am extremely hands off and lazy when it comes to managing artifacts/builds. Until I encounter problems with all-starring Abyss, I think it will be like this. If I actually need 3 sword smucks for Abyss, I guess I will work on that 3* sword.

Swords: Sac and Festering
Books: Atlas and Widsth
Bows: Double Harp, Warbow
Spears: Homa, Primordial, Favonius, Crescent, unleveld Spine
Greatswords: Sadge

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
One day I will have some kind of 5* dildo... Until then, everybody is sharing:

Sacrifial Sword - Xinqui and Kazuha
Festering - Albedo and Bennet

If bosses drop prototypes, I will invest into String, but at the moment, only one in the bank.
The problem is my proposed teams for Abyss:

Ganyu, Diona, Mona and Kazuha (Morgana comp)

Zhong Li, Hu Tao, Xingqui and Ningguang (so I can't share the Sac Sword with Kazuha. Xingqui takes priority there 😅)

I wish I had two R5 Sacrificial Swords now lol. Even the one on Xingqui is only R3.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Someone on KQM shared this chart which comes from CN theorycrafter for EM Kazuha.

EM-Kaz-Weapon.png

Sac Sword (especially with high refirement) is such a great sword choice for Kazuha. Additional E procs means extra damage AND extra energy particles. Iron Sting is still good option for him tho since Sac Sword is also wanted by Xingqiu.
Lol, imagine pulling for a limited 5* sword, just to be told that Sac Sword is better.

Semblance

Oct 26, 2017
California
I only ever got one Sac. Sword. I didn't level up book nerd for the longest time because I didn't have one. I actually got him C6 months before I got a single Sac. Sword lol.

Meanwhile, I got so many Sac. Fragments collecting dust.

anemovision

Aug 8, 2018
gonna farm up at least enough boss mats from maguu kenki so I can get another character to 70/80 so I never have to spend resin on it again when inazuma is out and theres ten better things to use it on.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
a high refined sac sword might as well be a 5* in terms of availability lol

I just got a R3 one and that's after, what, 500+ wishes between character and standard banner? And it's glued to Xingqiu so good luck getting another copy lol

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The only weapon banners that are worth it are the ones where both headlining options are absolutely top tier picks. The only weapons banner I believe that has fit that criteria has been the Homa / WGS banner.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I don't have a single sacrifical sword. All this game usually gives me are the useless claymores.

By the way, it sucks so much that Sayu's healing scales off her attack like Jean's. She was the perfect character for The Bell to get some use. It's annoying how they put literally useless 4* weapons in the game.

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, imagine pulling for a limited 5* sword, just to be told that Sac Sword is better.

That graph is weird. R1 Iron Sting is basically as damagey as R1 Sac Sword. You can hardly go wrong with anything (Sac, Iron, Freedom)

If I had Freedom, it would be Xinqui weapon, as he can maintain that near-permanent ULT and scales much better with ATK.

The only weapon banners that are worth it are the ones where both headlining options are absolutely top tier picks. The only weapons banner I believe that has fit that criteria has been the Homa / WGS banner.

That is what I am waiting for. I am unsure if I need the top-tier, as much as weapons that are good for multiple heroes and not something like Physical secondary, or being like shield-utilizing ones.

Bonus for having Stringless, Sac Sword, Liyua party weapons. Although there is an unhealthy amount of mediocre 4* weapons, and they get peddled by the banner all the time...

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
Im slightly interested in the mistsplitter and thundering pulse but if they both have medicore second 5 star choices (skyward anything except harp) I might not even try.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The only way I ever see myself pulling on the weapon banner is if they give the banner weapon guaranteed at 80 pulls in. So yeah, it'll never happen.

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
I've been pulling on the weapon banner a bit lately (I think I'm up to 36 pulls now--so sparingly, and mostly because I'm not willing to risk resetting my pity on the character banner) and I have to say, I feel pretty good about it. I'm a Welkin/BP person so wishes aren't so rare that I have to carefully hoard each one, but I'm also not flush enough to really think about the 5 star weapons.

But as a way to increase my supply of decent 4 star weapons? It's not a bad choice! I've gotten 3-4 new-to-me weapons in those 36 rolls, and a couple of dupes on weapons that I use regularly, and it's felt like a good value to me so far.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Im slightly interested in the mistsplitter and thundering pulse but if they both have medicore second 5 star choices (skyward anything except harp) I might not even try.
I'm glad you edited that lol. Though for reference Atlas is the strongest catalyst atm. But I understand a lot of people don't like catalyst main carries.

Chumunga64

Banned
Jun 22, 2018
man, mona is 10 levels under the rest of my team but she's pretty fun. her taunt reloads super quickly and enemies fucking love that thing!

Chumunga64

Banned
Jun 22, 2018
I love the taunt but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to make the most of her burst.

well it makes every enemy get the wet status and traps smaller guys (imagine them stuck in a looping drowning animation they have") and if you hit them they "burst" and they get the omen status effect where they take more damage for a few seconds

what I do is make sure as many enemies are on fire and then use the burst so I get a ton of instant vaporize reactions and then switch back to the pyro when I'm done with Mona's burst to burst the bubbles

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey, they changed it so now it just says Kaedehara for Kazuha now in the party list.

Still trying to figure out a good team for him. I still don't really have a great second abyss team. I wish we could just have two Bennets :( Only other decent healer I have is Qiqi but she's just pure heals and no utility.

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
I'm glad you edited that lol. Though for reference Atlas is the strongest catalyst atm. But I understand a lot of people don't like catalyst main carries.
Oh yeah you're right I forgot about the atlas and I actually have an r5 one but like you said theirs no catalyst user I really enjoy. Mona and klee were cool for a while but I've either replaced or stopped using either since early on.

I was hoping Baal was going to be a catalyst user but I've heard she was a sword user? Of course this could change.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
The sucking up of enemies Kazuha does is insane. So that's what I've been missing by not having Venti.

Thanks to him it's the first time I get through 12-1, with one star. I'm in no rush to clear floor 12 since I can get 9 stars in floors 9 to 11, but I'll be using it to check how strong my units are. No point insisting on that one unless my characters are fully built.

Last edited:

Chumunga64

Banned
Jun 22, 2018
The sucking up of enemies Kazuha does is insane. So that's what I've been missing by not having Venti.

Thanks to him it's the first time I get through 12-1, with one star. I'm in no rush to clear floor 12 since I can get 9 stars in floors 9 to 11, but I'll be using it to check how strong my characters are. No point insisting on that one unless my characters are fully built.

venti, kazuha, and sucrose are amazing just for the vacuum not only for enemies but it gathers dropped items in a convenient place to pick everything up in one go

Oct 27, 2017
damn my square loot button stopped working lol ds4 controllers.......
LOL must have worn it out... only spelt coffee on it 2 months ago and now it decided to stop working.. -_-
after taking it apart twice and literally cleaning the mobo lol it works...

saving 100 dollas because these fucking things are soo expansive now...
3671709.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.