• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The only time Childe will ever be better than Eula is if the game ever does a challenge that is the equivalent of 100 man melee from Smash Bros.

As I kept saying over and over during Eula's banner, Eula is right on Razor's tier for almost every fight in the game except for where her burst can truly make a difference, and hard content like this is where she has been able to shine. Eula has been fantastic on all three challenges so far - it's her time for the spotlight.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The only time Childe will ever be better than Eula is if the game ever does a challenge that is the equivalent of 100 man melee from Smash Bros.

I would love this so much lol

Honestly an "endless" battle mode should just be a thing.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Do we have a good guess what characters will be in the shop? Please no Kaeya or Xingqiu, I want their constellations, but I have not enough starglitter and won't pull on the Kazuha banner to fill it up.

Begaria

Oct 27, 2017
I just did Challenge 3 first try at my usual settings going for 4300 point (you need about 4280 to get all rewards on all challenges). Expert level, 100% hp, a mix and match of settings to get to 4300. I did use food buffs and cryo res potion, but that cryo res potion wasn't even really needed.

It...uh...wasn't nearly as difficult as I was led to believe. Diluc, Bennet, Zhongli, and Fischl made short work of them.

E45gBKlWQAA1oT5

E45gBlxX0AYDe2z

E45gB-VXMAAgQ5V

E45gCdWXIAcXBmt

I suppose if you were trying for max points with everything on, they'd definitely be more difficult. Personally, I could've added max time, max health (plus the other two health challenges), and switching characters. The other ones like them reviving each other or decreasing attack just wouldn't be fun.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
There's little justification for max levelling everything, which is about the only thing left to do for long-time players until we get a new area, and also content where powerful characters are vital is sparse.

I don't think it's even the same people saying those 2 things, so it's a silly talking point. These kinds of events will always highlight the haves vs have nots in terms of characters and gear.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Tenki fight is fun but man, it really highlights camera and visibility issues. You just cannot see some stuff because enemies act nearly out of frame when in front of you, and it's even more obviously bad when there's two overly large camera hogging enemies.

This has the same issue as the duo Dragonriders in Dark Souls 2.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
Do we have a good guess what characters will be in the shop? Please no Kaeya or Xingqiu, I want their constellations, but I have not enough starglitter and won't pull on the Kazuha banner to fill it up.
we just got Kaeya, no way will have him again, he will come back in decemeber.
we will get beidou and noell.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Genshin Impact community: lol there's not enough challenging content to even warrant good weapons on your characters let alone level them to 90

Also Genshin Impact community: why is this event so hard tho ;_;
I'm pretty sure that the part of the community crying about the difficulty of the event is the one talking to NPCs and taking screenshots all day. Not the one complaining about the lack of interesting content in terms of difficulty in the first place.

Begaria

Oct 27, 2017
There's little justification for max levelling everything, which is about the only thing left to do for long-time players until we get a new area, and also content where powerful characters are vital is sparse.

I don't think it's even the same people saying those 2 things, so it's a silly talking point. These kinds of events will always highlight the haves vs have nots in terms of characters and gear.

Ascending your characters to their max tier gives them the highest base stats possible as does leveling to 90. As I understand it, the damage formulas also consider the difference in level between you and the enemy so it's vitally important that *any* of your damage dealers be at level 90 to max out the amount of damage that can be done. I've got my main damage dealers to 90, and some of my sub-DPS to 90. I can see keeping healers at 80 (though ascended to 90) since the increase in stats between 80 to 90 is negligible (even if counting towards shield strength or attack boosting), as they're not going to be doing any damage. I'm still going to level everyone I use to 90 eventually.

These kinds combat events are definitely skewed more towards people in the "end game".

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure that the part of the community crying about the difficulty of the event is the one talking to NPCs and taking screenshots all day. Not the one complaining about the lack of interesting content in terms of difficulty.

You don't have to say it like that lol... it's fine for people to prioritise different things.

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
Genshin Impact community: lol there's not enough challenging content to even warrant good weapons on your characters let alone level them to 90

If I complain about content being hard it's because they make it hard in a boring way: limiting our gameplay and team comps. I would rather see hard content where we have to use everything we got: shields, healing, DPS, doing mechanics etc. This "hard" content is not that.

That said, I found todays challenge to be a pretty decent one as long as I removed some of the debuffs. I just want to see them put less focus on debuffs and limits on the player and instead focus on making the boss itself the challenge.

Last edited:

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

I don't have an issue with difficulty. And I welcome it, but the issue is more in design space and intent.

So far difficulty from MHY is done by poor camera (Azdaha), poor telegraphing and hitscan tracking (nearly every enemy, even Geovishaps will leap into the air to slam and track you mid air) which are designed to enforce shield meta, and amping stats.

We rarely get (basically never) any actual mechanics in fights. Azdaha was the first and basically only boss with any mechanic more complex than "wait to be allowed to attack".

This event is nominally mostly just stat amping, taking away player agency, and one cool soul link mechanic.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You don't have to say it like that lol... it's fine for people to prioritise different things.
Yeah that's not the best way to describe things, but i have nothing against people playing the game casually / not trying to do highest scores on events, etc...

But i think that the real issue here, is that MiHoYo is not really trying to make it interesting, even with a hard event like this one. It could be way more than just "Here's some debuffs, it's not gonna be fun". I had no issue at all on the fight, but i pretty much did my combo without even looking at the patterns of the bosses. I tanked whatever they did and they died.

And also, i can't believe i almost passed on Zhongli. This character is insane. He's been so useful on the 3 bosses so far, and on pretty much every content the game has to offer.

Last edited:

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, people were not joking when they said today's event fight was tough! But I actually found it a lot of fun because of that, and cuz you can still get 4300+ points without a timer attached. Ended up beating it with Childe, Bennett, Albedo, and Zhongli. Lots and lots of running away and dodging and dashing in for quick attacks fresh after shield applications. All the respect to people who can beat this thing without Zhongli, cuz jfc even with him and shield boosting food I was having a tough af time of it.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've always been the type of rpg fan who likes to train characters to be op so I can easily stomp my way through enemies as effortlessly as possible. I like to feel that sense of growth, which is kinda why Abyss annoys me at times. At a certain point, you start to feel like you're on a hamster wheel that you're never going to fully overcome because Mihoyo will just keep increasing the speed with random gimmicks lol.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Eula destroys this challenge, and kinda the event in general. Longer fights is exactly the type of content she's good for.

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Since I like beating a dead horse apparently here's a video from the Honkai 3rd dev team on their main character.

Subtitled in english.

Hearing them talk about how they're integrating Kiana's personality and her story progression into her latest form further illustrates to me the gulf between Honkai and Genshin's MCs.

With PGR coming out in a few weeks it's going to be difficult juggling so many games. So I'm planning on treating Genshin like FFXIV where I stop playing and only come back for the major content updates to play through then leave till the next.

It's become more apparent to me that the only real fun part of this game to me is the exploration content. The battle oriented stuff is non existent and the little that we do get is littered with too much crap that is IMO unfun and badly designed.

So it makes sense to me to play to the game's actual strengths which is exploring the new regions whenever they put one out.

To be fair, it took a while for Honkai's story to get good. The first third of the chapters are hot garbage.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
So yeah, about day 3 challenge... I tried using Sucrose Swirl-EC team. I thought I was being clever here. You see, the Kenki fight had more than one enemy so that should be good for triggering chain reactions. To add to that, all those ATK% and Crit debuffs shouldn't even matter since transformative reactions only care about EM and character level. My newly lvl. 90 Sucrose had >800 EM. "It's perfect." "I'm a genius", I thought. I probably could get 7000+ score too from this cheeky attempt. Imagine.

Turned out bringing Xingqiu for EC was a mistake. Xingqiu's ability = Wet. Wet + Cyro field from one of the Kenki = Frozen disaster.

Switched immediately to more traditional team (Keqing, Fischl, Bennett, Zhongli team), lowered some debuff options, got my 5000ish score and then get out lol.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Eula destroys this challenge, and kinda the event in general. Longer fights is exactly the type of content she's good for.

Her excellence is only going to get more pronounced over time as enemy HP creeps up as the patches go by. She's late burst overkill for most shit now, but this event highlights just how good she is when the game goes all in on tougher fights like in this event.

Now she's poopy doodoo against elemental shields, so if the game swings in that direction even harder with more enemies like heralds and lectors, she will not be optimal for those fights. But any bosses with only a bunch of armor and hp will be her bread and butter for years to come.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Eula has been good for all 3, but this one in particular was super good for her.
I completely turned my brain off (cause I have Zhongli) and cleared it in under the 2 minutes.
I never dodged once.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
You didn't get him yet? He still available
I got him and now he on C1.

Wait, is Kaeya in the shop currently? I completely forgot, because I already got him immediately when he came last time to the shop. I just had no idea that was a month ago. It felt much longer. This shop and game version feels for some reason really long and drawn out.

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
I'm mostly aiming for the namecard (I don't know why I have started to care about namecards, I guess I've finally been tricked into it) so I'm trying for ~3300 points per day. Managed it on my first try today with Bennett, Fischl, Hu Tao and Zhongli. It definitely helps to have some bonus characters on the team, whew.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm mostly aiming for the namecard (I don't know why I have started to care about namecards, I guess I've finally been tricked into it) so I'm trying for ~3300 points per day. Managed it on my first try today with Bennett, Fischl, Hu Tao and Zhongli. It definitely helps to have some bonus characters on the team, whew.

Do you only need to earn 3.3k points each day to get the namecard? I'm good then. I got to around 5k in the two previous days and this time to about 3.5k.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
Wait, is Kaeya in the shop currently? I completely forgot, because I already got him immediately when he came last time to the shop. I just had no idea that was a month ago. It felt much longer. This shop and game version feels for some reason really long and drawn out.
yes, he is avaiable now, only 3 days is left for him.
there is rotation for charchters in the shop, first time i bought barbra instead of him and i still regret it to this day.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I don't remember if it was like this last time we had it, but you can get 50k daily by completing Paimon's Quiz again.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
i have a question
now we know mihoyo is releasing power creep charchters, is that enough to ditch the old charchter for the new one?
will the new bosses or monster is scalable for the new power creep charchters so we have to pull for them or we will need better artifacts and weapons for the old charchters?

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
i have a question
now we know mihoyo is releasing power creep charchters, is that enough to ditch the old charchter for the new one?
will the new bosses or monster is scalable for the new power creep charchters so we have to pull for them or we will need better artifacts and weapons for the old charchters?
At this point everything can still be done with launch characters, with a few of them still being the best characters in the game.

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
i have a question
We'll have to wait for Inazuma.

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
i have a question
Honestly, on YouTube you can find thousands and thousands of videos of people who can complete and get all 36 stars in the Spyral Abyss using only 4* characters and weapons. I doubt we'll see any kind of power creep, and you could prepare beforehand anyway by enhancing and getting everything that can be transferred among characters (so artifacts and weapons). There's nothing to worry about in the immediate future and I don't think Inazuma is going to shake things up that badly

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
i have a question
Agreed with what the others have said. Honestly good artifacts are the real gate in this game. Newer powercreeped characters just reduce the artifact requirements, but og characters are still fine. I'm still seeing Keqing players clear in less than a minute and guys clearing with traveler main carry, so you're good for the moment.

Thyme

Jun 20, 2021
Honestly, on YouTube you can find thousands and thousands of videos of people who can complete and get all 36 stars in the Spyral Abyss using only 4* characters and weapons. I doubt we'll see any kind of power creep, and you could prepare beforehand anyway by enhancing and getting everything that can be transferred among characters (so artifacts and weapons). There's nothing to worry about in the immediate future and I don't think Inazuma is going to shake things up that badly

Power creep seems pretty inevitable in gacha games, it's just a matter of managing it so that it happens at a pace that isn't alienating to f2p/low-paying players. Eventually, they're going to start releasing more characters who are just plain stronger because they want to sell those characters. I'd prefer if that wasn't how it worked but it's just always the gacha way.

I wouldn't be surprised to eventually see new, fancier versions of the older or standard 5-stars one day. MiHoYo could monetize the bad feeling when your favorite character gets power-crept out of relevance by selling a stronger version, like a special limited edition Delusion Diluc, Foul Legacy Electro Childe, or Lionfang Knight Jean or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.