• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Someone made a song from the Genshin main theme. It's pretty awesome:

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
4x0COKv.jpg

ahhh, WTF miHoYo?
A is wrong now?

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I've been F2P for months now, spent a little bit at the beginning.

I'm eyeing up another welkin to prepare for Inazuma, but I hate how it forces you to log in to get the rewards. I don't want to feel duty-bound to log in every day. I'll log in if you give me genuinely engaging content that I want to play.

When I think about it deeply enough, sometimes I feel like the true cost of genshin is the time it tries to make you commit to playing it. In that sense, maybe the welkin is a worse deal than just straight up spending the money? Surely my time and energy are more valuable than the ~£20 it costs to just buy a welkin's worth of gems up front? Perhaps I lose more overall if I alter my schedules and mould my day around making sure I spend some time playing this one game every day.

Or maybe it's just the end of a long week and I'm feeling philosophical

It's nothing philosophical, you've just hit upon one of the truths of gacha and service games, which is the time-engagement factor. These games are engineered in such a fashion as to get you to repeatedly engage with it.

Begaria

Oct 27, 2017
Her burst doesn't give any Grimheart stacks, should have been A.

Her burst does give a stack of Grimheart after you acquire her Talent Wellspring of War-lust at Ascension 4.

its the technicality of it. using it actually doesn't give you a stack; you need to use it and hit something with it to give you a stack

I suppose, which is why I said it may have been the wording since it seems like they were trying to confuse the player between her how her Burst and Skill work.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I've been F2P for months now, spent a little bit at the beginning.

I'm eyeing up another welkin to prepare for Inazuma, but I hate how it forces you to log in to get the rewards. I don't want to feel duty-bound to log in every day. I'll log in if you give me genuinely engaging content that I want to play.

When I think about it deeply enough, sometimes I feel like the true cost of genshin is the time it tries to make you commit to playing it. In that sense, maybe the welkin is a worse deal than just straight up spending the money? Surely my time and energy are more valuable than the ~£20 it costs to just buy a welkin's worth of gems up front? Perhaps I lose more overall if I alter my schedules and mould my day around making sure I spend some time playing this one game every day.

Or maybe it's just the end of a long week and I'm feeling philosophical
I don't disagree with a lot of what you said (in-particular the part about how the majority of gacha games actively encourage you to log in each day), but the WP is so low effort. All you have to do is log in to claim and that's it. I can understand not grabbing the BP since that's more of a time-investment (if you want to claim all levels of the pass which you probably do if you spent money on it), but WP definitely isn't that. If you don't feel like playing that day, log in and claim your daily 90 primogems and then log out. It take less than a minute to do, and doesn't even need to be done at home if you have the game installed on your phone.

But yeah, gacha games really do have a tendency to claim a lot of your time over continued play, it can be a dangerous hole to fall into (especially if you start to spend money, and the sunk cost fallacy comes into play).

Oct 27, 2017
I don't disagree with a lot of what you said (in-particular the part about how the majority of gacha games actively encourage you to log in each day), but the WP is so low effort. All you have to do is log in to claim and that's it. I can understand not grabbing the BP since that's more of a time-investment (if you want to claim all levels of the pass which you probably do if you spent money on it), but WP definitely isn't that. If you don't feel like playing that day, log in and claim your daily 90 primogems and then log out. It take less than a minute to do, and doesn't even need to be done at home if you have the game installed on your phone.

But yeah, gacha games really do have a tendency to claim a lot of your time over continued play, it can be a dangerous hole to fall into (especially if you start to spend money, and the sunk cost fallacy comes into play).

You have to boot-up the game. With Playstation, it probably takes 5 minutes from the console power-on to loading to claiming to turning off everything. And if you turn everything on, that shit is insidious, you will unlikely just do this one thing. You will spend resin or do dailies too...

(I am a cuck and I play everyday, and the game is in C NVME drive so it loads fast, my phone also cannot play Genshin, so this doesn't apply to me)

I wish the game could fuck off with daily engagement. If I could log in twice a week, without losing resin/dailies/when I have Welkin, I would. I don't like playing 20 mins/day...

Salutations to all F2P folks, playing the hard mode. I think I will activate the "medium" Welkin mode whenever I feel we are getting close to the items I want, to have a high chance of getting them, but if Inezuma is going to be the same easy-mode one-time exploration and 2 min domains, I will continue to detach from any items more and more.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017

Haha, this comic reminded me of this post:
Playing coop really shows how much people do not care about the meta in this game. I saw recently:

1. A Hu Tao with Crescent Pike.
2. A Eula with the Bell.

I just smiled lol. I care about meta too much man. I need to adapt the mentality of these people who are just enjoying the game.

Oct 27, 2017
I've spent about $60 since launch, and tbh outside of the month my account was hacked I've basically played at least once a day. I think that is damn good value.
yeah im stopping at 60 the game deserves that played at least 500 hours + Im at 25 spent soo far im just getting the 5 dolla Welkin thing until i get to 60 its really the very best value just wish i didnt change my gen crystals i would have saved them for skins..

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I was able to wreck that event boss at max difficulty and max hardest settings except 120 seconds time. I don't get health down that fast.
I'm using Zhongli, Fischl, Benny and Eula. They are a really awesome team. :)

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, I was able to wreck that event boss at max difficulty and max hardest settings except 120 seconds time. I don't get health down that fast.
I'm using Zhongli, Fischl, Benny and Eula. They are a really awesome team. :)
There is actually a glitch in this event, after he wake up, open the food menu, after 30 second back to the gane and put the shield, now he will use that attack and him self, after that repeat it.

Put every thing to max except the one before the final one uncheck it.

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Ha, you losers. EMBRACE C6 BENNETT LIKE I DO.

Makes Hu Tao and Diluc way better, and if your main DPS is a bow or catalyst user, there's no downsides. C6 Bennett is great and you won't regret it. Haha.

tenor.gif

I got Bennets C6 and instantly realized that activating it would be a awful idea, that thing really fucks over some team comps.

Someone made a song from the Genshin main theme. It's pretty awesome:

Man that is really good.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I got Bennets C6 and instantly realized that activating it would be a awful idea, that thing really fucks over some team comps.
Got Bennett to C6 before the whole "don't upgrade Bennett" memo became widely known. How would I know that upgrading a character makes them worse? Honestly, the only comp of mine if would affect would be any Keqing comp, and I barely use her so whatever.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So Paimon got suspended from Twitter, because she threatened to kill Aether! O:
Yes, that is literally what happened, lol.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
To be more precise:
Paimon's English VA's Twitter got suspended when she jokingly tweeted at Aether's VA that she's going to kill him in the Among Us stream that they were planning, lol.
FYI, Corina (Paimon's VA) is nonbinary and uses they/them pronouns! :)

But also that's pretty funny lol, hopefully they can get their twitter back soon.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
Haven't been spending anything for a good while... have more than 200 stored wishes. Am just waiting and deciding if I want to pull for Ayaka or Baal.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
Me:
"Aexact" said:
Trying to move stuff around in housing on a mobile screen is... an ordeal.

Im only trying to shove all the rocks and trees I'm getting in a corner to increase my housing ranking. The real prizes, the resources, books and resin, are at Trust rank 8. The things I do for resources.

Also me:

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Watching the C6-every-5star gigawhale streams as they struggle on this new Challenge

hobbit-drinking.gif

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bandai apparently released Genshin collectible cards.

E4zoXO9VUAMook_

I was aware that in Japanese characters are called differently, because signs are pronounced differently. That's not weird, but seeing the Japanese names written in Latin here based on the different pronounciation kinda is, lol.

Watching the C6-every-5star gigawhale streams as they struggle on this new Challenge

hobbit-drinking.gif

Why? What is the issue for whales with this challenge?

Last edited:

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bandai apparently released Genshin collectible cards.

E4zoXO9VUAMook_

I was aware that in Japanese characters are called differently, because signs are pronounced differently. That's not weird, but seeing the Japanese names written in Latin here with the different pronounciation kinda is, lol.

Why? What is the issue for whales with this challenge?

This one can't just be unga bungad at max difficulty no matter how many constellations you've got, bough haven't seen anyone throw Xiao at it yet

medinaria

Oct 30, 2017
I appreciate that they made eula a bonus character on the event challenge that may literally be the worst conceivable fight for her

yeah, let's have our heavily timing-based melee character be the bonus on a fight where the boss goes out of melee unpredictably and forces you onto a ranged platform for like ten seconds at a time. I'm sure this will be a good experience for people who see the bonus and go "oh, I'll take eula, she gets more damage"

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Artifact grinding drives me up the wall I swear. I literally just need either a thundering fury atk sands or a tf electro damage goblet, then I can stop farming that dungeon. Spent a bunch of fragile resin and got nothing. I wish there was some sort of crafting option so we could control the main stat. That's just another layer of rng I really don't need.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I haven't tried the Oceanid thing yet, what are y'all squads
My primovishap gang was Diona, Bennett, Zhongli, Xiao

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
Artifact grinding drives me up the wall I swear. I literally just need either a thundering fury atk sands or a tf electro damage goblet, then I can stop farming that dungeon. Spent a bunch of fragile resin and got nothing. I wish there was some sort of crafting option so we could control the main stat. That's just another layer of rng I really don't need.
If we could do that, I'd get my EM VV hat and sands without caring about substats, Venti and Sucrose both want it.

Man. I'm almost certain I had EM hats and sands before and carelessly fused them away before the EM buff. Hindsight is 20/20. Like I should just join the 1.6 Mora gang but instead I'm chasing a 3-8% drop rate main stat on 2 of 5 pieces in an artifact domain where I only want 1 of the 2 sets. Fool's errand.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate that they made eula a bonus character on the event challenge that may literally be the worst conceivable fight for her

yeah, let's have our heavily timing-based melee character be the bonus on a fight where the boss goes out of melee unpredictably and forces you onto a ranged platform for like ten seconds at a time. I'm sure this will be a good experience for people who see the bonus and go "oh, I'll take eula, she gets more damage"
True, though I still managed to beat it with Eula with over 5k points. Any long fight is going to be good for her even if the boss has some unpredictable parts

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't tried the Oceanid thing yet, what are y'all squads
My primovishap gang was Diona, Bennett, Zhongli, Xiao
I used Zhongli's shield, dropped a meteor, then let Eula slap everything. When Oceanid made me get on the pedestal I let Ningguang throw rocks at her. Keqing was there. Got 4700 points. The thing where you receive damage after each attack was evil so I ignored it.

Status
Not open for further replies.