• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Still get the $20 Battle Pass and have 60 days left on Welkin (will max it down the line).

anemovision

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Aug 8, 2018
I gave up on the Welkin a few months ago. Since I'm on PS4, I can't log in when travelling, so even if the banners come hot and heavy, I wouldn't buy the pass until fall at earliest.

You can just use rest mode / remote play app on a phone/laptop when travelling so its not impossible but yeah less convenient.

Meleina

Oct 25, 2017
I only started using Welkin last month. It's not bad. It feels nice almost having enough for one pull a day. I'm considering using it for next month because I like all the characters on the next banner. I don't think I'll use Welkin often or consistently though.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
My Welkin's about to run out and I might have to stop working from home so not sure about re-upping when I can't play as much. if only there was cross save.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Welkin only for me as well. BP isn't worth it when there's no content to require its rewards.

They should include one costume per BP.

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
whales and higher spenders are obviously not going to comment on their spending for fear of ridicule. So I'm always wary of these polls or reports from posters as it doesn't paint an accurate picture of how much people are actually spending on average.

Personally, I've been playing since launch and I would guesstimate that I have spent around 170 bucks since the beginning. Which I'm not too proud to admit.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Personally, I've been playing since launch and I would guesstimate that I have spent around 170 bucks since the beginning. Which I'm not too proud to admit.
Tbf $170 over 9 months of playing is pretty good. If you bought a triple A game each month you would have spent more and probably logged less hours collectively.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I bought the first 4 Battle Passes, but I'll be welkin only from now on. Those battle passes were bad value to begin with, and that's especially true now when all I can get are weapon refines

I can't justify spending more than a monthly mmo subscription when I don't get anywhere near that amount of content.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I've spent about $60 since launch, and tbh outside of the month my account was hacked I've basically played at least once a day. I think that is damn good value.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So the new special event tab just... takes you directly to the scan this code page. Hm. *goes back to pretending web events don't exist*

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
In terms of Genesis Crystals, I've bought the $100, $50, and $15 pack once. So that's $165 in all.

And I've also bought every Welkin and BP since launch. We're at 1.6 now so that's 6x10 for the BP = $60.

Welkin I started in October of last year which is about 9 months now roughly. 9x5 = $45.

So by my calculations I've spent $270.00 so far. Even with that my 5 Star pool doesn't look that big because I've lost ever single 50/50 😅

SpookySpice

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 22, 2019
I stopped paying for the 10$ BP after I gave up artifact farming and used resin on leylines and talent domains exclusively at the beginning of the year. So I really don't need the resources that it gives anymore. I also stopped buying welkin for 2 patches until Inazuma leaks came out and I realized I needed a lot more primos if I want a new characters.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
So the new special event tab just... takes you directly to the scan this code page. Hm. *goes back to pretending web events don't exist*
Same here. Not bothering with any of their QR code stuff.
obligatory WHY IS THIS SHIT NOT JUST BUILT INTO THE GAME

i've spent a lot of money, more than i will ever admit because it's happened in such a short amount of time, relatively speaking

(i will say i also spent thousands on dota 2 over the years but that game was my LIFE for a long time (if i count going to the international three times, HOO BOY, but i don't count that, as it's basically a vacation, which is its own thing))

does the crystal double bonus apply to every price point or just the 1st purchase?
every price point exactly once per price point

Oct 27, 2017
I see, some downwards trends scaling back on BPs and all gem purchases seem to have happened quite a while ago.

Safe to say nobody, including people who bought gems before, seeing themselves purchasing more gems anytime soon?

I stopped paying for the 10$ BP after I gave up artifact farming and used resin on leylines and talent domains exclusively at the beginning of the year. So I really don't need the resources that it gives anymore. I also stopped buying welkin for 2 patches until Inazuma leaks came out and I realized I needed a lot more primos if I want a new characters.

Yep, as soon as you stop falling for the artifact scam, BP loses value because the resin will get you all the resources you need.

+ those in EU getting scammered even more. $13 for this resource-subscription.

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
Bought a couple of Welkin, one in February and one in April 'cause I wanted to be get Zhongli. I don't plan on buying anything else, except maybe another welkin if the game comes out on Switch during the Inazuma period; since I'll be far from my ps4 for the time being, buying a welkin means basically losing the 90 daily gems more times than I'm willing to do, this sucks

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
you know, every other f2p game that i've played or avoided with bullshit crystals and whatnot

has constant sales and deal offers popping up as you play

mihoyo please stop being so greedy ;_;

zeropercent

Teyvat Traveler
May 13, 2020
I think I've spent like $600-700? About $400 of that was on Zhongli because life imitates art.

no regrets, I'd spend more on zhongli if they let me...... nendoroid when..........

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
The only money I've ever spent on the game is maintaining Welkin and BP since launch, and I'm very happy with the results:

C3 Hu Tao
C2 Mona
C1 Jean
C1 Keqing
C0 Zhongli
C0 Venti
C0 Diluc
7x C6 4*
0x 5* Weapons lol

My badge of honor is forever keeping the bonuses on the Genesis Gem screen intact, and I'll never spend a dime outside of Welkin and BP. If they don't add great new weapons to BP by the time I R5 my second BP weapon, I'll probably drop off of it after 3 more cycles. Pretty sure they'll keep it compelling, though.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
I bought 7x BP and 3x Welkin, so that's what? $80-90 in total. Could be worse. I should stop buying BP when I already have all of the weapons tho.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
I've spent roughly that of a full-price game cost and stopping here. I've got about 2 weeks left on a Welkin pass and I'm living the F2P life.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
I've bought 1 Welkin at release and 1 Welkin during Dragonspine.
I might get another Welkin with Inazuma if it's good (sort of like treating the areas a bit as expansions), but I'm currently cooling off the game hard so I might not bother.
My current characters can do everything in the game, so there is no real reason to build anymore other than "I like this char", but for that alone it's too much effort cause artifacts. So I've been farming Mora this update and am close to 10million now and it's dreadfully boring.
I haven't pulled for a month now and I'll get a new char at the earliest in 1 more month if I decide to go for Yoimiya, even longer if I don't, so what's the point.
Daily commissions have been feeling like too much work for barely a third of a pull, too, so right now I'm just playing a little if there's an event or something and just don't bother otherwise unless I can get myself motivated again. Chances not great unless they change the daily routine though, so it is what it is.

Peradam

Jan 11, 2018
This new event… Could they really not reset burst and skill cooldowns when retrying? Having to wait 30s+ at the start to come off cooldown is a pain in the arse.

Sento

Nov 1, 2017
img_20210625_192954_261w.jpg

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I'll continue to grab the welkin pass, not sure if I will get the BP anymore. I've got an R5 Black Sword, a Serpent Spine, and a Solar Pearl. Not interested in the other two weapons.

Last edited:

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
I bought each of the gem bundles once for the bonus. Very, very unlikely I ever buy them at the standard amounts. I would buy a lot more if the bonus amounts were the standard amounts. I only really spent to get Hu Tao and Venti (during the rerun).

2x Battle Pass but I didn't finish the 2nd one as I had to take a couple weeks off playing, so I probably won't buy again unless I've already reached rank 50.

Welkin 3 or 4 times.

By the time Ayaka comes out I should have enough saved up to get her no matter what. Thankfully (for me, at least) it seems like characters I want only show up every 4-5 months, giving time to save. Not sure what I'll be saving for after Ayaka. I know I want to have a stockpile whenever Hu Tao is run again to get at least to C1.

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
I read a quote somewhere around here (on the main forum?) from a Sony exec saying something about how they're going to support crossplay. Take it with a grain of salt but it would be fantastic, if true--from what I understand, it's been Sony's hostility to crossplay that's kept it out of so many games.

& I've been buying Welkin since launch and since I just completed the BP weapon collection, the BP for 5 months. I feel pretty happy about buying the Welkin--I think it's important to throw a little bit of money at a game I'm playing regularly--but I originally swore I'd never buy the BP. I was and am furious about how scarce resources are in this game. But I like leveling characters, and I like leveling them to 90, and at the end of the day I'd rather spend $10 to smooth out the process than sit around feeling mad. The extra $10 has had a pretty positive effect on my peace of mind.

Also--that survey was like, "What did you think of the new samurai boss?" & I was like... uh... I dunno, I killed him so fast I never really got to experience any of his moves. Same with today's challenge. So I guess all that leveling is finally paying off! Now I can trivialize content.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bought each of the gem bundles once for the bonus. Very, very unlikely I ever buy them at the standard amounts. I would buy a lot more if the bonus amounts were the standard amounts. I only really spent to get Hu Tao and Venti (during the rerun).
It's bad that they're not doing like 7DS, aka resetting the bonus once in a while (every 2-3 months ?).

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
Still stone cold $0, no passes, nuthin. I wouldn't be against giving the game a little for all these hours i've played but all of the value propositions are either insultingly low or tied to crappy forced engagement loops i don't want to support.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I read a quote somewhere around here (on the main forum?) from a Sony exec saying something about how they're going to support crossplay. Take it with a grain of salt but it would be fantastic, if true--from what I understand, it's been Sony's hostility to crossplay that's kept it out of so many games.

The game featured crossplay from the get go on all platforms. It is cross saving that is not supported on PS4/PS5 with other platforms.

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
That Xiao + Kazuha art is amazing.

I can't wait for the Xiao rerun so I can make that image a reality ; ;

Kierric

Teyvat Traveler
May 3, 2020
I've been F2P for months now, spent a little bit at the beginning.

I'm eyeing up another welkin to prepare for Inazuma, but I hate how it forces you to log in to get the rewards. I don't want to feel duty-bound to log in every day. I'll log in if you give me genuinely engaging content that I want to play.

When I think about it deeply enough, sometimes I feel like the true cost of genshin is the time it tries to make you commit to playing it. In that sense, maybe the welkin is a worse deal than just straight up spending the money? Surely my time and energy are more valuable than the ~£20 it costs to just buy a welkin's worth of gems up front? Perhaps I lose more overall if I alter my schedules and mould my day around making sure I spend some time playing this one game every day.

Or maybe it's just the end of a long week and I'm feeling philosophical

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I've been F2P for months now, spent a little bit at the beginning.

I'm eyeing up another welkin to prepare for Inazuma, but I hate how it forces you to log in to get the rewards. I don't want to feel duty-bound to log in every day. I'll log in if you give me genuinely engaging content that I want to play.

When I think about it deeply enough, sometimes I feel like the true cost of genshin is the time it tries to make you commit to playing it. In that sense, maybe the welkin is a worse deal than just straight up spending the money? Surely my time and energy are more valuable than the ~£20 it costs to just buy a welkin's worth of gems up front? Perhaps I lose more overall if I alter my schedules and mould my day around making sure I spend some time playing this one game every day.

Or maybe it's just the end of a long week and I'm feeling philosophical

It's an interesting thought and one I've had for a while. Part of me feels like one day, rather than buying the better value pass, I'll splurge on the gems and just say 'I'm done'.

No logging on and doing dailies, banking my 90 primogems, etc - just fuck it miHoYo, here's your money. When I come back, I'll get what I want for sure. It's already sat there in the piggy bank.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I've purchased the WP each month, as well as the BP (only skipped the first couple of months since I was really casual back then). I might not grab the BP this month though, since the only weapon on there that I've yet to get is the spear and I don't really have anyone right now that can make use of it. Sure there's always Raiden, but I suspect she'll be another support character so she'll probably want something less attack-heavy.

Begaria

Oct 27, 2017
Dunno if it was just bad wording or a bad translation but I ran into this question from Paimon's questionairre thing for 50k mora:

E4v7WSeWUAQ261w

Except...they're all true? The answer that was deemed to be false was that using Eula's Elemental skill gives a stack of Grimheart.

Which it does.

E4v7WvWXIAMJSMu

*shakes head* come on miHoYo

evilalien

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Dunno if it was just bad wording or a bad translation but I ran into this question from Paimon's questionairre thing for 50k mora:

E4v7WSeWUAQ261w

Except...they're all true? The answer that was deemed to be false was that using Eula's Elemental skill gives a stack of Grimheart.

Which it does.

E4v7WvWXIAMJSMu

Her burst doesn't give any Grimheart stacks, should have been A.

RustedEdge

Aug 17, 2019

E4v7WSeWUAQ261w

Which it does.

E4v7WvWXIAMJSMu

its the technicality of it. using it actually doesn't give you a stack; you need to use it and hit something with it to give you a stack

Siyou

Oct 27, 2017
Still stone cold $0, no passes, nuthin. I wouldn't be against giving the game a little for all these hours i've played but all of the value propositions are either insultingly low or tied to crappy forced engagement loops i don't want to support.
I couldn't agree more. I think Genshin has a lot to offer, but the things you pay for are not the aspects of the game I like nor want to support.

Status
Not open for further replies.