• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Why are all adult men in this game have a ponytail lol

Worse they're rat tails, short hair with some long mullet nonsense at the back
I wanna go around the game with a pair of scissors
Shout out to Baizhu for actually having creative long hair
222949ce85cdbb93759c304b9d26b4fd_2114141380692236237.jpg

We need summa this for long styles
the-untamed.jpeg

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe there being no particle effects when sheathing her sword is just it not being fully finished yet?

Anyway, even with particle effects she'll never be as cool (literally) as King Kaeya:

3c6291bdfc9e5c89b9970d6a4a29518e865986a1.gifv
f3f9311f7f16911da972b397bb39233b6f46dbc9.gifv

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, if they're going to do a heel turn for one of the Mondstadt citizens and makes them a bad guy, please make it Diluc so we can kill him off/forget he exists. He's the epitome of "no fun allowed", and I find him incredibly boring every time he's on-screen. Kaeya is much better.

Truno

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 16, 2020
Honestly, if they're going to do a heel turn for one of the Mondstadt citizens and makes them a bad guy, please make it Diluc so we can kill him off/forget he exists. He's the epitome of "no fun allowed", and I find him incredibly boring every time he's on-screen. Kaeya is much better.

Diluc added absolutely nothing to the new event. His presence was only entertaining due to Kaeya's witty remarks about him. In fact, I don't recall him saying a single thing during the final scene?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Diluc added absolutely nothing to the new event. His presence was only entertaining due to Kaeya's witty remarks about him. In fact, I don't recall him saying a single thing during the final scene?
Exactly. He's just "there", often with that deadpan/unapproving look on his face. I honestly can't stand him.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

VXyV.gif

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
I don't understand. Why is there no particle effect when she sheathes her sword? There's some when she summons it, but not when she puts it away. I don't mind it vanishing into thin-air (I guess I"m used to having that sort of thing happen with my extensive hours playing NieR Automata and other similar games), but it's really missing those particles. :/
It won't be the final version, Dimbreath's Kazuha doesn't display particle effects either:

100% agree with others that sheathing a sword into thin air looks stupid lol, we've complained about it before in this thread

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the sword should really go into a magical scabbard then the scabbard disappear. Would be really cool if Kazuha sheathed his sword then the scabbard goes poof with an effect and like 1 or 2 leaves float away

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

You didn't lie tbh. He really needs a hangout or event to develop him in any direction beyond just grumpy face.

Even Klee doesn't like Diluc. I liked how Alice thought she was inviting all her friends to the party and Klee was like what's the weird guy doing here lol.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Is Genshin an indie game??
This was brought up over in the "How does anyone keep up with the ridiculous number of Indie games" thread.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
You didn't lie tbh. He really needs a hangout or event to develop him in any direction beyond just grumpy face.

Even Klee doesn't like Diluc. I liked how Alice thought she was inviting all her friends to the party and Klee was like what's the weird guy doing here lol.

His smugness is hilarious.

"I don't need an umbrella but you can use one if you need to"

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is Genshin an indie game??
This was brought up over in the "How does anyone keep up with the ridiculous number of Indie games" thread.
Depends on if you consider Mihoyo a major game publisher or not. In terms of the other qualifiers of an indie game, the team isn't small nor is the game made on the cheap, so I would say no it isn't.

Kierric

Teyvat Traveler
May 3, 2020
It won't be the final version, Dimbreath's Kazuha doesn't display particle effects either:

100% agree with others that sheathing a sword into thin air looks stupid lol, we've complained about it before in this thread

Kazuha's leaf whistle will never not give me life

Gotta love that final week before the banner resets when you're sitting on a stash of gems but you don't know whether you'll win the 50/50 and you're just waaaaaaiting. Kazuhaaaaaa don't let me down!

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Depends on if you consider Mihoyo a major game publisher or not. In terms of the other qualifiers of an indie game, the team isn't small nor is the game made on the cheap, so I would say no it isn't.

What makes a major game publisher? Is it the number of games developed or published is it number of employees or annual earnings? I guess in the latter two regards it's a big developer.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What makes a major game publisher? Is it the number of games developed or published is it number of employees or annual earnings? I guess in the latter two regards it's a big developer.
I would personally say number of employees. Like a game that sells 10m+, but was worked on by like a handful of people, like No Man's Sky, is still considered indie. Backing cost is also a huge contributor. Mihoyo has a LOT of money behind them.

Everyone has their own definitions, I don't think it's easily defined.

Especially since Chinese games developers/publishers are still being majorly overlooked. Genshin as well as other games are changing that.

hypersheep325

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
No way Genshin counts as an indie game. Indie games developers usually don't have big budgets or lots of employees, but Genshin had a starting team of more than a hundred people and a hundred million dollars in budget. Indie games could only dream about such things.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I would personally say number of employees. Like a game that sells 10m+, but was worked on by like a handful of people, like No Man's Sky, is still considered indie. Backing cost is also a huge contributor. Mihoyo has a LOT of money behind them.

Everyone has their own definitions, I don't think it's easily defined.

Especially since Chinese games developers/publishers are still being majorly overlooked. Genshin as well as other games are changing that.

I just checked, Mihoyo has an employee count of 2.4K, Capcom in comparison has 2.8K. Not that far apart and Capcom is definitely considered a big developer.
Oh, Bandai Namco has apparently "just" 710 employees. O:

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
mDlgo6u.png

My shrine/temple/summoning circle. Might switch out all the round amber for the crystal amber, as I don't like the look of the round amber that much. Also might add some of the tower landforms in the outer ring and put my five-stars on them so that they can bless me with good luck on my summons.
Hahaha this is great.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
mDlgo6u.png

My shrine/temple/summoning circle. Might switch out all the round amber for the crystal amber, as I don't like the look of the round amber that much. Also might add some of the tower landforms in the outer ring and put my five-stars on them so that they can bless me with good luck on my summons.

And once there is farming in the teapot, you can grow the ascension flowers for characters in there too lol

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
I like playing as Diluc but holy shit he's such a loser. It's no wonder why he and Kaeya had a falling out

Kaeya: "Oh my, it looks like it's starting to rai-"
Diluc: "IF ONLY THE RAIN COULD WASH AWAY THE SINNERS OF THE WORLD!"
Kaeya: "please go to therapy"

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
The thing that makes Diluc stand out is that Rosaria is basically the same archetype, and nowhere near as insufferable personality wise.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, I need to stop being so lazy and get my gathering done. I have like 3 Primary DPS that I could have easily gotten to 90 by now but I just haven't been gathering any of their world resources.

I like Diluc but it makes doing stuff like Abyss hard cause the 2nd party is just supports and sub DPS. lol

Oct 26, 2017
It's always funny to see comments when a character is leaked that are like "this character looks lame/boring/whatever".

Then they release the trailer and then it's all "OMG I can't wait to roll!".

Mihoyo good at making you want to roll for characters you didn't think you would want.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

I really can't get over the fact that the sides of her dress are supposed to be armor but flow like fabric. If they can't separate the model, don't include it. It looks dumb, like Noelle's boob physics platemail.

It's always funny to see comments when a character is leaked that are like "this character looks lame/boring/whatever".

Then they release the trailer and then it's all "OMG I can't wait to roll!".

Mihoyo good at making you want to roll for characters you didn't think you would want.

I feel like a lot of people still don't really care for Kazuha for much the same reasons.

And regardless of how much marketing they threw at Eula, she remains one of the weakest banners. She has had one of the weakest first impressions, similar to Childe and Albedo.

And when I say "how much" for Eula's marketing, I saw her banner ad on youtube and twitch every hour watching stuff from LoL seasons to just random youtube videos. It was bordering on the same level of annoying ads as those awful Disgaea mobile ads.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I really can't get over the fact that the sides of her dress are supposed to be armor but flow like fabric. If they can't separate the model, don't include it. It looks dumb, like Noelle's boob physics platemail.

I feel like a lot of people still don't really care for Kazuha for much the same reasons.

And regardless of how much marketing they threw at Eula, she remains one of the weakest banners. She has had one of the weakest first impressions, similar to Childe and Albedo.

And when I say "how much" for Eula's marketing, I saw her banner ad on youtube and twitch every hour watching stuff from LoL seasons to just random youtube videos. It was bordering on the same level of annoying ads as those awful Disgaea mobile ads.

Honestly I think the character's quest is a big sway for me
Hu Tao's quest was pretty good, had no real interest in her before that. So I went for the 50/50 and got her.
Eula was the opposite, I was decently interested in her, then I played her quest and decided never to pull lol.
I'll have to see how Kazuha's sways me.

Oct 27, 2017
lol sadge... i found an over sight i couldn't do the Sara food delivery daily because i didn't finish the Jean quest, and to finish it i have to start the Childe quest...

-____- I unlocking them was a mistake.... the game needs better quest flow and not have it matter unless the quest is active.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
lol sadge... i found an over sight i couldn't do the Sara food delivery daily because i didn't finish the Jean quest, and to finish it i have to start the Childe quest...

-____- I unlocking them was a mistake.... the game needs better quest flow and not have it matter unless the quest is active.

Is your AR too low to complete them or something?

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I like Diluc's no-nonsense personality. Damn bards and explodey magicians running around without a care in the world while the ADULTS take care of everything.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
It would be way more entertaining. The heel turn of batman into badman.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Diluc is alright personality wise. He should at least take the stick out of his ass when at the beach though.

anemovision

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Aug 8, 2018
was feeling like we hadn't a web event in ages, this seems super simple too, still gotta get the phone out on console I suppose ~_~

Status
Not open for further replies.