• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
I got Klee on a yolo 30 pull yesterday because i just found her too damn adorable in the event and holy shit is she fun, it's just all mayhem all the time with her on the team.

h_71aUd018bnggosap9d61x78_lfpbdl.png

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
I would say the opposite. A bard and a man in literally a suit is not really unique. Besides you could say that to a lot of other characters. There is nobody else who looks like Beidou, Klee, Rosaria and so on.
you realize right that the things we're talking about are within the context of the world of genshin Impact, not the real world? when everyone looks like a wackadoodle clown, the wackadoodle clown is the new norm, and genshin sure isn't lacking in the clown department

also while klee yeah she's pretty much her own thing beidou and rosaria ehhhh lol not so much, you dump em in a big pile of other female characters and it's basically just a palette swap with different accessories - see also the ever relevant joke about no pants for women

who else in the game looks like zhong li? like... maybe hu tao comes the closest, sorta? she's super clean and professional looking (to an extent), but I can't think of anyone else, and he's super tall and she's... not

also don't bring up NPCs, that's some disingenuous shit, whoever did it with venti and npc bards before, yikes

but anyway that's just me dropping science facts do with it what you will

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
He is the Kamisatos' or specifically Ayaka's bodyguard. Don't know about them being together, if together means "together".

oh, I get it now. bodyguard romance is a pretty standard romance.

hell, if tohma is 4 stars like he's rumored to be, it also fits the "body guarding a person who is stronger than you" trope since ayaka is 5 stars

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
oh, I get it now. bodyguard romance is a pretty standard romance.

I doubt there'll be an actual romance in the game, apart from more or less subtle hints Mihoyo sprinkles here and there for the shippers. ;) After all its the Traveller/player that all characters revolve around.
hell, if tohma is 4 stars like he's rumored to be, it also fits the "body guarding a person who is stronger than you" trope since ayaka is 5 stars

Why won't he, as a 4 star, be accompanying Ayaka on her banner though?! Makes no sense and has us all waiting even longer for him. :(

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, you're ever getting actual romance in this game (between other characters not the Traveler). Unless said significant other is already long dead like Zhongli.

Would love to be proven wrong. I'd have mad respect for Mihoyo if actual couples became a thing, but Mihoyo's already shown how much they're willing to bow to angry fans, so it's never happening.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
I doubt there'll be an actual romance in the game, apart from more or less subtle hints Mihoyo sprinkles here and there for the shippers. ;) After all its the Traveller/player that all characters revolve around.
Yeah, you're ever getting actual romance in this game (between other characters not the Traveler). Unless said significant other is already long dead like Zhongli.

Would love to be proven wrong. I'd have mad respect for Mihoyo if actual couples became a thing, but Mihoyo's already shown how much they're willing to bow to angry fans, so it's never happening.

reminds me of this article I read about it lol

Screenshot_20210619-214635-625.png

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Regardless of the outcome, I'm sure the fanart and doujin communities will make the impossible possible.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
In case people missed it in the midst of all your character design talk, Ayaka and Yoimiya just got small buffs in the beta.

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It's not impossible, as other gachas have done it, though the only ones I can think of at the moment are ones based on already established franchises like Fate Grand Order and Fire Emblem Heroes. I just have zero faith that Mihoyo will ever do it.
On the other hand, half the characters in Honkai are thirsting over the other half

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Regardless of the outcome, I'm sure the fanart and doujin communities will make the impossible possible.
Fanart would make you think Bennett was a freaking high school harem protagonist.

Freaking finally.

On the other hand, half the characters in Honkai are thirsting over the other half
Actual couples or just your typical ship teasing that you see even in Genshin Impact?

Last edited:

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Playing coop really shows how much people do not care about the meta in this game. I saw recently:

1. A Hu Tao with Crescent Pike.
2. A Eula with the Bell.

I just smiled lol. I care about meta too much man. I need to adapt the mentality of these people who are just enjoying the game.

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Actual couples or just your typical ship teasing that you see even in Genshin Impact?
I haven't played that long but it's probably more closer to teasing but it's pretty damn blatant lol. Also all the characters are women, so there's never gonna be official lesbian relationships in a Chinese game.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Ok what's going on? I just got:

1. Catalyst Billet from Stormterror
2. Bow Billet from Wolf boi
3. Sword Billet from Azhdaha

Did the increase the drop rates? Anywho, just in time for Inazuma new weapons. More of this please!

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Ok, seriously wtf is going on? I decided to do a 10 pull to see if I can get a Sucrose or Fischl Constellation:

51263814489_37cf106ddb_c.jpg

I got them both plus a Sacrificial Sword?! Shiiiiid. This puts my Fischl at C5! I gotta go for C6 now right?!

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
Ok what's going on? I just got:

1. Catalyst Billet from Stormterror
2. Bow Billet from Wolf boi
3. Sword Billet from Azhdaha

Did the increase the drop rates? Anywho, just in time for Inazuma new weapons. More of this please!
Lucky :(

If they did increase the drop rates, I haven't seen it. I haven't gotten a single billet of any kind in over a month. Please MHY I want to make weapons :(

Xils

Feb 4, 2020
I don't think MHY is ballsy enough to have Ayaka, one of their top waifu baits since even before the game launched, be in a relationship.
At most, if they want to touch on some kind of relationship, it's gonna be some kind of political engagement but definitely not with any kind of romantic feelings from Ayaka.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
you realize right that the things we're talking about are within the context of the world of genshin Impact, not the real world? when everyone looks like a wackadoodle clown, the wackadoodle clown is the new norm, and genshin sure isn't lacking in the clown department

also while klee yeah she's pretty much her own thing beidou and rosaria ehhhh lol not so much, you dump em in a big pile of other female characters and it's basically just a palette swap with different accessories - see also the ever relevant joke about no pants for women

who else in the game looks like zhong li? like... maybe hu tao comes the closest, sorta? she's super clean and professional looking (to an extent), but I can't think of anyone else, and he's super tall and she's... not

also don't bring up NPCs, that's some disingenuous shit, whoever did it with venti and npc bards before, yikes

but anyway that's just me dropping science facts do with it what you will

There is straight up NOBODY in the series who even remotely looks like rosaria, accessories included. You'd have a point with other characters, but this one is insane. I don't love her look, but that girl has no visual contemporary.

thematic

Oct 31, 2017
I would assume you're joking at being mad, but I've seen some crazy shit out of the anime fandom when it comes to "waifu purity" or whatever. Shit's nuts.

can't wait to pull tohma and let him always at level 1 and kill him in every chance i get!
(LOL, no i'm not that nuts)

1 more month until 1.7 i assume? can't wait to finally pull Ayaka
i'm hoarding cryo artifact

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Hey all of future Ayaka mains here, her rotation is probably something like this right?

Dash > E > Normal attacks combo > Dash > Normal attacks combo > Q

Not really sure if it's better to dash before E or after E. Infusion effect is only up for 5 sec (so might be a tight window to fit full normal combo there or whatever her best mv/sec combo is), but it also give 18% cyro dmg up so boosting E damage might be worth losing cyro infusion too early.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
These patch cycles are so long it feels like it should be 1.7 already...

anemovision

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Aug 8, 2018
I've been checking in with honkai to earn some crystals before the genshin collab and it seems like every day I login theres 3/4 events going on at once, they quickly end and new ones come in their place all the time.

Genshin 1.6 started off great and now suddenly theres nothing to do again. feels a little unbalanced.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I've been checking in with honkai to earn some crystals before the genshin collab and it seems like every day I login theres 3/4 events going on at once, they quickly end and new ones come in their place all the time.

Genshin 1.6 started off great and now suddenly theres nothing to do again. feels a little unbalanced.

I agree.

Only started playing the other month, but it feels like banners go on forever. If you want the character cool, but if not, it's a long time to wait around - particularly if you're in the end game.

It would be nice if characters rotated in and out of banners more quickly. The new area, mini games and story were cool... but now we're stuck with Klee for a bit. lol

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
I literally clicked on the wish tab today thinking the klee banner was ending, but there's still 7 days left lol. 3 week banners are just too long.
As long as I was barely only able to get Venti by hitting soft pity about 2 days before his banner ended after a long streak of putting in a single intertwined fate every other day, I will never agree with people that claim that 3 weeks is too long.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Hey all of future Ayaka mains here, her rotation is probably something like this right?

Dash > E > Normal attacks combo > Dash > Normal attacks combo > Q

Not really sure if it's better to dash before E or after E. Infusion effect is only up for 5 sec (so might be a tight window to fit full normal combo there or whatever her best mv/sec combo is), but it also give 18% cyro dmg up so boosting E damage might be worth losing cyro infusion too early.

My thinking was along those lines, but I wonder if charged attacks out of the E and second dash will be better. The E buff is for 6 seconds and the second (third?) charged attack out of the second dash would just fit into that window.

Edit: On second thoughts, if you have XQ's burst up then you'd probably want to use normals to maximise that damage. Ayaka gets the most out of it compared to other cryo characters.

Last edited:

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
so, did the abyss this time
it was better, but not that much
i could maybe shave another 30 seconds in the end and get 6 stars.

JFaiCbn.jpg

=============

also, managed to get 2 world at 20K but still didn't get that achievement, i need to get all 3 worlds at 20K in the same time, so i can't just remove stuff from world and put it on another world.

ZjsudT8.jpg

zeropercent

Teyvat Traveler
May 13, 2020
also, managed to get 2 world at 20K but still didn't get that achievement, i need to get all 3 worlds at 20K in the same time, so i can't just remove stuff from world and put it on another world.
Your furniture isn't shared between realms so the same piece of furniture can be used across three realms

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
One week until KAZUHA. I've got over 70 pulls-worth of primogems stacked up and I'm right outside of soft pity range... He and Benny will be mine.

Oh my god, the floating islands layout might actually be reasonable to use now.

I can imagine that Honkai is far easier to make more content for, plus it's a much older game with a lot of older events it can recycle.
Who knows what the future for Genshin will be, but I can see there being more to do once they have a large amount of events they can cycle back into things.

Status
Not open for further replies.